BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 311 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. CHC- Machine
2. McD- Does most with least
3. BL- Too many puppet masters
4. Gilman- Last chance
5. Spalding- 4 starters short
6. Loyola- Gene needs to get mean

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saint Mary's is clearly in the top tier. I didn't watch them at NHSLS. Heard they weren't at full strength so given their lack of depth that has more of an impact than at a CHC or Loyola. In my opinion there are 8 realistic contenders fighting for 6 slots with CHC a clear favorite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I follow this league pretty closely and am very unbiased in my predictions. For 2020-2023 I see CH then a small step down then Spalding then a BIG step down with LB, GIL, SP, MCD, SM, GIL, and then Severn and MSJ in the back. We all know about CH but you might not all know that Spalding is loaded with elite players, coaches, and dads.

Having a hard time accepting your son isnt a Varsity player. I guess easier to lash out at the team than face up to his future. You could try Baseball

I have noticed parents care a lot more about their kid making varsity than their son’s do. Other parents seem to worry about who’s kid is making varsity while their son’s barely make Fresh-Soph. The people who are creating fantasy lacrosse rankings need to find a hobby other than intervening in their almost grown son’s High School athletic career. You will be doing everyone a favor...your wife, son, coaches, other parents and refs if you keep your negative, ridiculous opinions and fake news to yourself. Regardless of this being an anonymous forum, you know you interject you’re unwanted opinion wherever and however you can. Please just stop, it is pointless and you are actually demeaning yourself and your son with your negativity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is mainly targeted towards private schools but curious of the rankings of the public schools? Guessing Severna Park, Broadneck, Arundel and South River are some of the tops in AA Co. Howard, Glenelg and River Hill in HoCO and Hereford, Towson and Dulaney in Baltimore Co. Not sure who in MoCo. Curios how you would rank them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I follow this league pretty closely and am very unbiased in my predictions. For 2020-2023 I see CH then a small step down then Spalding then a BIG step down with LB, GIL, SP, MCD, SM, GIL, and then Severn and MSJ in the back. We all know about CH but you might not all know that Spalding is loaded with elite players, coaches, and dads.

Trolling.....Not worthy of a response.

And yet you are moved to respond....

I am sorry the other schools did not work out for you and your son. Best of luck in Glen Burnie. I hear you are going to be really good next year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sorry the other schools did not work out for you and your son. Best of luck in Glen Burnie. I hear you are going to be really good next year.

And yet you are moved to respond to his response...

Frankly, it looks like you will be needing the Good Luck as you are still bitter your son didn't have the skills to get a chance to play for Spalding like his club teammates did. Dont be jealous, there are other good programs in HS to play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the middie at SP (from NC) living with the head coach? Only way Sp can ever compete is by bringing out of state kids in. When your feeder system is rock, Koopers and breakers you are in trouble.

Don’t really know SP so no horse in that game but don’t talk about the kid he is a great kid and great player. He wanted better lacrosse then he could get in N.C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay let’s have a good debate - best HS area.

MD & MIAA
PA & Interact
LI - public and private are both darn good

Culver, Hill & IMG play a lot of all 3 but the others don’t seem to cross too much.

Let’s have a good argument on this. I think it’s clearly LI or MD, the Interact has a few stud teams like Haverford and Malvern but clearly not the depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frankly, it looks like you will be needing the Good Luck as you are still bitter your son didn't have the skills to get a chance to play for Spalding like his club teammates did. Dont be jealous, there are other good programs in HS to play for.

Trolling at its finest! If you mean the other 18 kids from club team that were not buying what Spaldings boosters were selling, they will need a bit of luck since their future will not be manufactured and their talent will earn whatever comes to them..Clearly Spalding needs no luck and have the best players and coaches - it’s a real good thing those few parents and players are drinking the kool aid because their 2023 class sure wasn’t .
Remember 4 league wins is a successful and maybe record setting result for the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trolling at its finest! If you mean the other 18 kids from club team that were not buying what Spaldings boosters were selling, they will need a bit of luck since their future will not be manufactured and their talent will earn whatever comes to them..Clearly Spalding needs no luck and have the best players and coaches - it’s a real good thing those few parents and players are drinking the kool aid because their 2023 class sure wasn’t .
Remember 4 league wins is a successful and maybe record setting result for the program.

If I had a kid playing lacrosse I would consider sending him to Glen Burnie HS over Spalding. There is no difference except Spalding has a religion dept. It is known as the public school with a religion dept that cost over $12,000+ to attend and the education is no different or better than a public high school. And why does someone think that Spalding has elite players, coaches and dads. I have never seen, met or talked to an elite dad. My guess, they would just get in the way. Oh, in case you didn't know, and it is clear that you don't, only the 2022's are looking at Spalding, the 2023 class in the AA county area are clearly looking strongly at Severn. That is how it goes in the MIAA, except that major schools like CH. LB, BL, Gilmsn, and even St Mary's are always at the top of the standings and playoffs. Spalding will never achieve that status. Been trying for 10+ years and nowhere close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Talk about having sour grapes. You are the classic, since my son didnt make the team, no one who did was worthy ! LOL. Clearly your son didnt have the skills to compete at this time like the majority of his 2023 teammates did.

Listen Flounder, Bitter, jealous and envious is no way to go through life son !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I had a kid playing lacrosse I would consider sending him to Glen Burnie HS over Spalding. There is no difference except Spalding has a religion dept. It is known as the public school with a religion dept that cost over $12,000+ to attend and the education is no different or better than a public high school. And why does someone think that Spalding has elite players, coaches and dads. I have never seen, met or talked to an elite dad. My guess, they would just get in the way. Oh, in case you didn't know, and it is clear that you don't, only the 2022's are looking at Spalding, the 2023 class in the AA county area are clearly looking strongly at Severn. That is how it goes in the MIAA, except that major schools like CH. LB, BL, Gilmsn, and even St Mary's are always at the top of the standings and playoffs. Spalding will never achieve that status. Been trying for 10+ years and nowhere close.

We get it. You dont like Spalding for some reason. More than likely has to do with your son's talent or should I say lack of it to play in MIAA. Spalding players dont have that problem. They were better than 3 teams and with one or two more wins this year will be competing with everyone except 2/3 teams. Sorry you son wont be able to compete in MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We get it. You dont like Spalding for some reason. More than likely has to do with your son's talent or should I say lack of it to play in MIAA. Spalding players dont have that problem. They were better than 3 teams and with one or two more wins this year will be competing with everyone except 2/3 teams. Sorry you son wont be able to compete in MIAA.

Don't have a son in the MIAA but have a grandson that plays in the MIAA on one of the top teams, he has already committed to a highly ranked Div I school. He was recruited by 8 Div 1 top tear teams, was interested in 4 of them and received offers from all 4. So, it just goes to show you how the Spalding faithful clearly like to attack anyone that calls them out or just calls them for what they are. Spalding will never be in the playoffs of the MIAA unless they drop down two levels, then they have a chance. They do not have the coaching or players and the dads, well, they are what they are and it just keeps getting in the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't have a son in the MIAA but have a grandson that plays in the MIAA on one of the top teams, he has already committed to a highly ranked Div I school. He was recruited by 8 Div 1 top tear teams, was interested in 4 of them and received offers from all 4. So, it just goes to show you how the Spalding faithful clearly like to attack anyone that calls them out or just calls them for what they are. Spalding will never be in the playoffs of the MIAA unless they drop down two levels, then they have a chance. They do not have the coaching or players and the dads, well, they are what they are and it just keeps getting in the way.

Hilarious. You must be one proud made up Grandfather. Instead of enjoying your made up grandson and his made up multiple D1 offers, you are on a lacrosse forum complaining and insulting Spalding's lacrosse team's players and coaches. LOL . Thats just what Grandfathers do who have D1 sons playing in the MIAA ! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Winner of most ridiculous post ever. You should be embarrassed “grandpa”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious. You must be one proud made up Grandfather. Instead of enjoying your made up grandson and his made up multiple D1 offers, you are on a lacrosse forum complaining and insulting Spalding's lacrosse team's players and coaches. LOL . Thats just what Grandfathers do who have D1 sons playing in the MIAA ! LOL

I don't think I've ever laughed so loud at a post. I know Santa is make believe but All American D1/MIAA Grandpa isn't real? Say it ain't so....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people talk so much about a teams that can’t even make the playoffs? Crazy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people talk so much about a teams that can’t even make the playoffs? Crazy

Plain and simple.. Grandfathers ! And Especially Grandfathers whose grandsons have multiple D1 offers. Its almost like they cant keep their trap shut !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think I've ever laughed so loud at a post. I know Santa is make believe but All American D1/MIAA Grandpa isn't real? Say it ain't so....

I want him to be real. Can AA/D1/MIAA Gpa be real? Let’s pretend he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I Believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I Believe That He Is real !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'Laxer the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a coach of a MIAA team.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that MIAA D1 AA Grandpa soon would be there. The lacrosse players were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of D1 offers danced in their heads.

And Mama in her 'Loyola Jersey, and I in my Carolina Blue cap, had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap. When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed and dropped my stick to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the stadium fresh turf gave the lustre of midday to the goals below, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh being pulled by eight tiny D1 Coaches.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be MIAA D1 AA Grandpa. More rapid than a Hopkins Bluejay, his coursers they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name: "Now Hopkins! Now Princeton! Now, Maryland and Yale! On, Virginia! On, Penn! On, Albany and Denver! Give out those multiple D1 offers before it is too late ! To the top of the Stadium! To the top of the wall! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall ball for All !

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof the prancing and pawing of each little D1 coaches cleat. As I drew in my head and was turning around, down the chimney MIAA D1 AA Grandpa came with a bound. He was dressed all in lax swag, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with logos and emblems from all the Top Clubs. A bundle of D1 offers hung from his back and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old MIAA D1 AA Grandpa, and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread and multiple D1 offers were heading my way.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled the stockings with multiple D1 offers and lax swag, then turned with a donk. And laying his finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod as only a MIAA D1 AA Grandpa could, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like D1 middies with multiple offers, But I heard him exclaim, 'as he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good MIAA D1 AA Grandpa night!

Believe ! He is REAL !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'Laxer the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a coach of a MIAA team.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that MIAA D1 AA Grandpa soon would be there. The lacrosse players were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of D1 offers danced in their heads.

And Mama in her 'Loyola Jersey, and I in my Carolina Blue cap, had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap. When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed and dropped my stick to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the stadium fresh turf gave the lustre of midday to the goals below, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh being pulled by eight tiny D1 Coaches.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be MIAA D1 AA Grandpa. More rapid than a Hopkins Bluejay, his coursers they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name: "Now Hopkins! Now Princeton! Now, Maryland and Yale! On, Virginia! On, Penn! On, Albany and Denver! Give out those multiple D1 offers before it is too late ! To the top of the Stadium! To the top of the wall! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall ball for All !

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof the prancing and pawing of each little D1 coaches cleat. As I drew in my head and was turning around, down the chimney MIAA D1 AA Grandpa came with a bound. He was dressed all in lax swag, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with logos and emblems from all the Top Clubs. A bundle of D1 offers hung from his back and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old MIAA D1 AA Grandpa, and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread and multiple D1 offers were heading my way.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled the stockings with multiple D1 offers and lax swag, then turned with a donk. And laying his finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod as only a MIAA D1 AA Grandpa could, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like D1 middies with multiple offers, But I heard him exclaim, 'as he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good MIAA D1 AA Grandpa night!

Believe ! He is REAL !!

I am dying. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is ruined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is ruined.

I bet you are a lot of fun to be around ! Lighten up Francis .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is ruined.

I would say that person is probably much more enjoyable to be around than a snowflake like yourself. You are the one that needs to lighten up. I'm sure you agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is ruined.

I would say that person is probably much more enjoyable to be around than a snowflake like yourself. You are the one that needs to lighten up. I'm sure you agree.

Sorry your feelings got hurt. No reason to respond third person like. Maybe AA D1 MIAA Grandpa will brighten up your day with a visit soon !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is ruined.

Sorry your feelings got hurt. No reason to respond third person like. Maybe AA D1 MIAA Grandpa will brighten up your day with a visit soon !

No one is responding in the third person, it's just the way you want to read it to cover yourself. I agree, you are probably a total bore at any gathering and truly a snowflake. Seems to me your feelings got hurt, for who knows what reason. Maybe you are the Grandfather with the top Div1 grandson, who knows, anything is possible with snowflakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is ruined.

No one is responding in the third person, it's just the way you want to read it to cover yourself. I agree, you are probably a total bore at any gathering and truly a snowflake. Seems to me your feelings got hurt, for who knows what reason. Maybe you are the Grandfather with the top Div1 grandson, who knows, anything is possible with snowflakes.

Got it. Its you and you make believe third person that both had their feeling hurt. How many more make believe people are coming . I would have thought after MIAA Grandpa, his defender , the defenders defender you would be done. LOL Can we expect more?

Your use of snowflake over and over is Hilarious. Compensating for something ?? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broadneck with a convincing win over Severna Park today at the STX Rivals Tourney.

They look to be the team to beat in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s fall ball.. this tournament will mean nothing come spring. How do you expect these kids to play 6-7 games in a day and stay competitive? Would be a better tournament if it was two days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s fall ball.. this tournament will mean nothing come spring. How do you expect these kids to play 6-7 games in a day and stay competitive? Would be a better tournament if it was two days.

True, but still great to see the teams out there competing.

Other scores:
Final Four:
Broadneck 8, Centenial 2
Severna Park 4, Catonsville 3

Semis:
Broadneck 7, Urbana 2

Westminster, Howard, and Hereford did not attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that the NLF has put together a National tryout for Regional teams and their own tournament that goes directly against Under Armour's big event in the summer. The tryouts and tournament are on the same day as UA'er. High School players will have to choose which is more important to them. National NLF team or UA team. Will be interesting. Lot of NLF players are UA players. NLF National regional tryouts are run by the NLF clubs. Long drawn out writing about how it will be a fair tryout. I assume pressure will be to go to National tryouts by respective NLF teams. UA will need to respond to this in some way. Thoughts ???

Maryland will be hosting two big nation wide tournaments on same days with top players on regional teams from across the country in July !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question? Can clubs actually pressure premier players and their parents? Not sure who holds the cards here? We'll all find out.

UA games are all inclusive (anyone can try out) versus exclusive. Many have complained about the selection process surrounding the UA games but at least everyone can try out. Clearly the NLF member organizations are trying to "flex" their muscle to the exclusion of everyone outside of the "club". The market always clears. What happens if all of the NLF's top players go play UA and pass on the NLF National Tryouts? Will they kick them off of the club. If the numbers are large, I'm guessing the clubs relent and let the kids stay. Wouldn't it be funny if the players/parents advocated for themselves (see the PLL) and put together a nationwide circuit of elite squads with open tryouts at half the cost of the NLF clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
40 free STX helmets - yep who cares about fall ball

Its a showcase and all you gotta worry about is how coaches are calling today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 5 games for Severna Park because they had a bye in the first round of the playoffs and 6 for Broadneck. Severna Park brought a huge roster and rolled through the competition until the semis against Catonsville. I'm sure the playing time got spread around pretty liberally. Broadneck was the better team on the day in this tournament. They stayed competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
40 free STX helmets - yep who cares about fall ball

Its a showcase and all you gotta worry about is how coaches are calling today

Well considering that this is a quiet period on the recruiting calendar, and there was only 1 or 2 Division III coaches at the tournament, I'm guessing no one is getting a call from a coach as a result of that tournament.

Broadneck played well yesterday and should be proud. Their new coach is doing a great job with inspiring those players. Will be fun to watch all of these teams compete in the Spring and see how they do once everyone is full strength and has time to practice and put things in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question? Can clubs actually pressure premier players and their parents? Not sure who holds the cards here? We'll all find out.

UA games are all inclusive (anyone can try out) versus exclusive. Many have complained about the selection process surrounding the UA games but at least everyone can try out. Clearly the NLF member organizations are trying to "flex" their muscle to the exclusion of everyone outside of the "club". The market always clears. What happens if all of the NLF's top players go play UA and pass on the NLF National Tryouts? Will they kick them off of the club. If the numbers are large, I'm guessing the clubs relent and let the kids stay. Wouldn't it be funny if the players/parents advocated for themselves (see the PLL) and put together a nationwide circuit of elite squads with open tryouts at half the cost of the NLF clubs?

Curious if any Crabs or Madlax parents would share how this has been communicated to them. The baltimore tryouts and actual event on same days kids will need to pick one. This is a Ryan M production. Obviously a way for him to control process. He did not let the 23s attend UA tryouts last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious if any Crabs or Madlax parents would share how this has been communicated to them. The baltimore tryouts and actual event on same days kids will need to pick one. This is a Ryan M production. Obviously a way for him to control process. He did not let the 23s attend UA tryouts last year

Why would a club or a group of clubs withhold their players from the only "open" national tournament with a broad geographic reach? What happens if the best Crabs kids make and choose to play on their regional UA team and the NLF all star team is left with leftover players. Keeping 2023 kids out of UA tryouts is a non-event. Maybe one or two younger kids make the Command teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 311 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard