Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the 2020 Girls LI Showcase! | Legacy Lacrosse Calling All Goalies!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:46 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:25 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:22 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 10:02 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 09/28/20 09:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,095
Posts273,022
Members2,210
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 184 of 188 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #297415 12/06/19 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay is moving down to C this year. Pleasantville and Westlake move up to C. Rye moves up to B.

Final 4 each class?
A-
L/P
Pac
Wappingers
Mamaroneck

B-
Town
Rye
Somers
Fox Lane

C-
JJ(CR)
Pleasantville
Westlake
Byram Hills

D-
Briarcliff
Bronxville
Putnam Valley
Haldane

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #297425 12/06/19 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is “they”? I assume you mean Yorktown?

Yes. Scarsdale '92. Yorktown was so dominant.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297448 12/07/19 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: Yorktown is a Dynasty program. This is a fact and undeniable. Other programs can be good but are are cyclical .That includes JJay with their 2 section1 runs. Things will change soon enough though but Yorktown will ALWAYS as has ALWAYS been there as the program to benchmark against regardless of who coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297491 12/09/19 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: Yorktown is a Dynasty program. This is a fact and undeniable. Other programs can be good but are are cyclical .That includes JJay with their 2 section1 runs. Things will change soon enough though but Yorktown will ALWAYS as has ALWAYS been there as the program to benchmark against regardless of who coaches.

I have to agree with your bottomline. Yorktown has a history and tradition that others are trying to match, but we live in a new world. Everyone now plays lacrosse, lotsa fish in that pond. Lets see if John Jay departing gives Yorktown a path out of the section.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297525 12/10/19 01:13 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
I’m not from Y, but I’ve rooted for them since 1985.
I do not follow them intently. I prefer to follow D1.

There is no question about Y’s history, its dominance in Sec 1 and the # of GREAT All-Time players it has produced. But, currently, I believe the biggest issue at Y is that they have not a had a signature WIN, over a top ranked opponent in a very long time.

If the Y faithful could provide the forum with date and score of the last big time win, it could end this debate (or not).

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #297564 12/11/19 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown beat St. Anthony's 2 years ago, don't recall the score. Yorktown will be good this season and very good next year. All of the other programs have really good youth programs so Yorktown does not have that advantage going for it anymore.

Like Reply Quote
LucyVanPelt #297699 12/17/19 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt

There is no question about Y’s history, its dominance in Sec 1 and the # of GREAT All-Time players it has produced. But, currently, I believe the biggest issue at Y is that they have not a had a signature WIN, over a top ranked opponent in a very long time.

If the Y faithful could provide the forum with date and score of the last big time win, it could end this debate (or not).

Yorktown was the better team player for player the last two years but couldn't win the big games. Lost to a weaker Ridgefield team, lost to Wilton, Darien....John Jay, the list goes on. Seems like unless they are the overwhelmingly better team, they lose. Hopefully they can turn it around. Great Yorktown teams are fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #297705 12/17/19 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 4 to 5 really well coached teams with depth within their program. Yorktown is still in that top 5. I will say the best coaches in Section 1 coach for Prime Time.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297755 12/19/19 04:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 4 to 5 really well coached teams with depth within their program. Yorktown is still in that top 5. I will say the best coaches in Section 1 coach for Prime Time.

Based on my watching the last two section finals, I think Ytown could use an upgrade. Plenty of better coaches in the section. Plus, I think other programs are just hungrier. My little guy is a freshman and his youth team crushed the Ytown travel team last few years.

Like Reply Quote
LucyVanPelt #298723 01/30/20 03:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt

I think Yorktown needs to focus on winning section 1 before thinking about signature wins or a NYS title. The last few seasons were a major disappointment and we had the players to get it done. Get back to fundamentals and good coaching and forget about All American status, college recruiting and all of the other distractions. Win and the players will find a home in college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #299947 03/05/20 12:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on my watching the last two section finals, I think Ytown could use an upgrade. Plenty of better coaches in the section. Plus, I think other programs are just hungrier. My little guy is a freshman and his youth team crushed the Ytown travel team last few years.

Eh, their youth program is fractured and not reflective of what happens at HS level. Somehow when HS rolls around, their teams are VERY strong. But I do agree that, at some point, you'd see some very good young talent in youth travel play, but we also never saw any.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #300002 03/05/20 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is a clown.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #300008 03/05/20 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is but he's not associated with Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #300043 03/07/20 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eh, their youth program is fractured and not reflective of what happens at HS level. Somehow when HS rolls around, their teams are VERY strong. But I do agree that, at some point, you'd see some very good young talent in youth travel play, but we also never saw any.

Town is playing one of the strongest schedules I've in awhile.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305213 07/27/20 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to get some chatter going, gents, or what? Let's start with some 2023 club rankings from this summer where we finally go to witness area clubs banging heads. Hurrah for local competition and play dates.

1. PrimeTime
2. Eclipse
3. Predators
4. 2Way
5. Express North Pearsall
6. CT Wolves
7. Express North Brameier

Outside these top 7, not worth listing other clubs-- major separation

Will someone please start a Westchester vs Fairfield All-Star Game?

Like Reply Quote
Page 184 of 188 1 2 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard