BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 315 of 327 1 2 313 314 315 316 317 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are only the 2021 and 2029 rosters posted?

Because all the back-room deals and friends and family protected players aren't done yet. Don't worry, CR knows you'll check the results 3x a day until she's ready to post them and still cut her a check, in the end, no matter what.

If you want to be treated like a paying customer, I suggest trying a different club next year.

If you are in the club you know which team you are on right now. These other people are angry/jealous for whatever their reasons. Just look at the commits this year, and what them keep rolling in. Other LI clubs...... a few, but not so much. The proof is in the pudding dear sir.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because all the back-room deals and friends and family protected players aren't done yet. Don't worry, CR knows you'll check the results 3x a day until she's ready to post them and still cut her a check, in the end, no matter what.

If you want to be treated like a paying customer, I suggest trying a different club next year.

Sorry but teams were decided about a week after tryouts in September. Also FYI "back-room deals and friends and family protected players" This happens with EVERY club out there and in every sport. It also occurs at work. Don't agree with it, but its part of life, get over it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but teams were decided about a week after tryouts in September. Also FYI "back-room deals and friends and family protected players" This happens with EVERY club out there and in every sport. It also occurs at work. Don't agree with it, but its part of life, get over it

Is letting two so called men coach a team even thou they are immoral losers who have napoleon complexes keep coaching a team because one of those losers is in a position to let CR son attend a school that he does not live in the district of so he can play on a better football team. Completely corrupt and yes I realize its a run on sentence at best. Just amazes me that she was able to get away with it .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is letting two so called men coach a team even thou they are immoral losers who have napoleon complexes keep coaching a team because one of those losers is in a position to let CR son attend a school that he does not live in the district of so he can play on a better football team. Completely corrupt and yes I realize its a run on sentence at best. Just amazes me that she was able to get away with it .

Again is it fair? NO, but unfortunately that's life. Some much more in this life to worry about than this. Just do what is best for your kid, if that with the JY's great, if not also great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

Again is it fair? NO, but unfortunately that's life. Some much more in this life to worry about than this. Just do what is best for your kid, if that with the JY's great, if not also great.
sorry that you daughter can not make the team. No need to cast stones. Hurts inside but that’s life . MOVE ON!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone makes the team! No one gets cut...They just keep creating more teams and making more money..26 kids on a roster is a money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

sorry that you daughter can not make the team. No need to cast stones. Hurts inside but that’s life . MOVE ON!

Serious question. Why does the 2023 YJs stink so bad? They merged with two other clubs, and still struggle. Why did girls who did make team leave the team and then go on to be amazing players elsewhere? Why are they not even ranked in the top ten Nationally? Just wondering? With recruiting years on the horizon, this YJ squad looks to be a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The
[quote=Anonymous]Why are only the 2021 and 2029 rosters posted?

Serious question. Why does the 2023 YJs stink so bad? They merged with two other clubs, and still struggle. Why did girls who did make team leave the team and then go on to be amazing players elsewhere? Why are they not even ranked in the top ten Nationally? Just wondering? With recruiting years on the horizon, this YJ squad looks to be a disaster.

YJ 23 will be more than fine. Next week they play the M&D black the "top team" in the age group and confident this group will do just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t have to. My daughter could play for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and will commit to a top academic school. All without dealing with the YJ nonsense. Yeah, it’s freaking great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t have to. My daughter could play for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and will commit to a top academic school. All without dealing with the YJ nonsense. Yeah, it’s freaking great.

You sound exactly like those YJ pretentious parents . I would be willing to bet it just will not work out the way you think and ultimately your kid will go to a state school , not that there is anything wrong with that .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound exactly like those YJ pretentious parents . I would be willing to bet it just will not work out the way you think and ultimately your kid will go to a state school , not that there is anything wrong with that .

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle Meet Pot. Both pretentious calling each other pretentious. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pot meet Kettle, Kettle Meet Pot. Both pretentious calling each other pretentious. lol

Now the know it all pretentious guy is calling the other two pretentious guys pretentious , when does it end . Not sure why you consider the state school guy pretentious but whatever floats your boat .Yes YJ is political but can someone post the LI club that’s not .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ friends and family plan has been in operation for years. YJ went from "elite" to accepting anyone who will write a check. And then once they cash your check, they send you to all the tournaments that the YJ directors own and operate on a double dip. PLus for all of this, its the only place where the customer kisses the business' butt and not the other way around. Its cult like and she is BRILLIANT at it. God bless America!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ friends and family plan has been in operation for years. YJ went from "elite" to accepting anyone who will write a check. And then once they cash your check, they send you to all the tournaments that the YJ directors own and operate on a double dip. PLus for all of this, its the only place where the customer kisses the business' butt and not the other way around. Its cult like and she is BRILLIANT at it. God bless America!

Thats mostly all true... but which club does it different.. is the Lacro33e by 3 tournament not lining SS & Top-Guns pockets?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a hammerhead. Have not seen any club director who does not have parents kissing their butts. As far as playing in those tournaments its actually an advantage to have your club director control when and where her teams play so good for them. While your kids team is playing at 8 am Sunday morning at some remote field their recruiting age kid has the field by the coaches tent at the best time. Your going to pay someone to play in their tournament it may as well be someone who benefits from your kid getting recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a hammerhead. Have not seen any club director who does not have parents kissing their butts. As far as playing in those tournaments its actually an advantage to have your club director control when and where her teams play so good for them. While your kids team is playing at 8 am Sunday morning at some remote field their recruiting age kid has the field by the coaches tent at the best time. Your going to pay someone to play in their tournament it may as well be someone who benefits from your kid getting recruited.

Legacy Girls doesn't have anyone kissing the director's butt. He doesn't like butt kissers and it will have the opposite effect. However, he's very approachable and always willing to answer questions.

As for the recruiting BS, it's just that. If your daughter is good the coaches will find her. With the recruiting rules change, bring your daughter to college camps she's interested in attending. I'm not saying CR doesn't have great connections. I'm sure she has the best connections and she should. But the club's connections are a lot less important these days, and they're not going to tell you that of course.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is a Legacy person on the Yellow Jackets thread? Troll much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$75 tryout fee - REALLY??
$700 registration But you then pay for all the CR tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy Girls doesn't have anyone kissing the director's butt. He doesn't like butt kissers and it will have the opposite effect. However, he's very approachable and always willing to answer questions.

As for the recruiting BS, it's just that. If your daughter is good the coaches will find her. With the recruiting rules change, bring your daughter to college camps she's interested in attending. I'm not saying CR doesn't have great connections. I'm sure she has the best connections and she should. But the club's connections are a lot less important these days, and they're not going to tell you that of course.

What a joke. I have personally seen you pathetic legacy parents paying for your directors bar bill at summer tournaments and climb so far up his butt about having him or his daughter personally train their kid . Nice guy but the he doesn’t like butt kissers could not be further from the truth , he actually kisses his own butt .Your reply to the “recruiting bs “ is comical as you are trying to bash YJ teams for paying to play in the same tournaments that Lagacy pays to play in . ( yes I misspelled the name of your club because that’s what everyone else calls them because they have been lagging behind from the beginning ).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2028 coach has the best scam going. She’s the coach of the team and you can do private lessons with her too!! Talk about a conflict of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets 2028 coach has the best scam going. She’s the coach of the team and you can do private lessons with her too!! Talk about a conflict of interest.

Conflict???? Just wait, we have one coaching our HS now that's conflict! Pulling up YJ underclassman, playing time etc because of course if you are paying the coach at YJ's and taking their privates you must be good and the coach must owe you right??

Its pure PAY TO PLAY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true, but she's also an excellent role model for young girls and her Lacrosse IQ is probably superior to any coach in that organization sans Spalina.

Does she favor the kids who do privates? Yeah maybe, but those kids are the strongest players anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yellow Jackets 2028 coach has the best scam going. She’s the coach of the team and you can do private lessons with her too!! Talk about a conflict of interest.

That's every travel lacrosse coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a joke. I have personally seen you pathetic legacy parents paying for your directors bar bill at summer tournaments and climb so far up his butt about having him or his daughter personally train their kid . Nice guy but the he doesn’t like butt kissers could not be further from the truth , he actually kisses his own butt .Your reply to the “recruiting bs “ is comical as you are trying to bash YJ teams for paying to play in the same tournaments that Lagacy pays to play in . ( yes I misspelled the name of your club because that’s what everyone else calls them because they have been lagging behind from the beginning ).

I'm not bashing YJ at all. Read it again. I like CR. In fact, if you read what I wrote again, you'll see I'm very complimentary about her. Yes, she double dips, but so do a bunch of other clubs. She's a smart businesswoman. I don't fault her for that or anything else. CR was good to me and my daughter. I've never seen anyone kissing SL butt, that's what I said. You have, okay. No need to freak out. I said club recruiting connections are not as important as they used to be. That has nothing to do with YJ or Legacy. It's simply a result of the recruiting rules change. You go berserk and go on the attack. It's pretty odd. I guess you're very self-conscious or something. Either way, I'm sorry my opinion bothers you, but it's still my opinion. Last I checked, that wasn't illegal.

As for trolling that someone else mentioned, with parents like the guy above, how can you not read the YJ thread? It's very entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be true, but she's also an excellent role model for young girls and her Lacrosse IQ is probably superior to any coach in that organization sans Spalina.

Does she favor the kids who do privates? Yeah maybe, but those kids are the strongest players anyway so it really doesn't matter.

There are 3 different teams for YJ 2028. I was talking about Majet. If you are taking about the same person then you are out of your mind. She doesn’t even have 1/16th of the resume that Spallina has. She’s never even coached a high school team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See this is the problem "but those kids are the strongest anyway so it really doesn't matter" NEWS FLASH just because you pay to be a YJ does not automatically make you the best player. When was the last time you heard of the YJ's making player cuts? Everyone with a stick and a check makes the club so you cant make the statement that you did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I'm not bashing YJ at all. Read it again. I like CR. In fact, if you read what I wrote again, you'll see I'm very complimentary about her. Yes, she double dips, but so do a bunch of other clubs. She's a smart businesswoman. I don't fault her for that or anything else. CR was good to me and my daughter. I've never seen anyone kissing SL butt, that's what I said. You have, okay. No need to freak out. I said club recruiting connections are not as important as they used to be. That has nothing to do with YJ or Legacy. It's simply a result of the recruiting rules change. You go berserk and go on the attack. It's pretty odd. I guess you're very self-conscious or something. Either way, I'm sorry my opinion bothers you, but it's still my opinion. Last I checked, that wasn't illegal.

You are obviously just too dense to understand you are being insulting and a few of your quotes below are bashing YJ.
"YJ went from "elite" to accepting anyone"
"only place where the customer kisses the business' butt"
" Its cult like"

Your club connections comment are also ignorant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 3 different teams for YJ 2028. I was talking about Majet. If you are taking about the same person then you are out of your mind. She doesn’t even have 1/16th of the resume that Spallina has. She’s never even coached a high school team.

Yup was talking about another YJ coach, Majet was awful. Was there for a bit last year and she seemed way over her head. Luckily they have a really strong team dad who essentially runs the team for her and makes all the decisions. One of the dad's told me they actually brought in another coach this fall to train the girls so I'm guessing the organization knows she's not a long term solution for the "A" team.

Much happier this year with a different team which is more focused on teaching rather than winning at such a young age. That said you can't argue with the YJ's results and there are some great players, coaches, and families over there. Maybe it will be a better fit for us down the road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup was talking about another YJ coach, Majet was awful. Was there for a bit last year and she seemed way over her head. Luckily they have a really strong team dad who essentially runs the team for her and makes all the decisions. One of the dad's told me they actually brought in another coach this fall to train the girls so I'm guessing the organization knows she's not a long term solution for the "A" team.

Much happier this year with a different team which is more focused on teaching rather than winning at such a young age. That said you can't argue with the YJ's results and there are some great players, coaches, and families over there. Maybe it will be a better fit for us down the road.

You are correct. What’s even better is that the super team dad also seems to “coach “ also. Meanwhile he’s never played a day of lacrosse in his life. For such an elite organization it’s embarrassing that he’s on the sideline coaching. She has no business coaching 4th grade girls. Shes a horrible coach who cares nothing making young girls better. I’m assuming your talking about lomangino. I’ve heard nothing but great things about her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our young overmatched coach shows up with flip flops and just schmoozes with us parents. I would love a qualified coach sonce we pay the same as everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See this is the problem "but those kids are the strongest anyway so it really doesn't matter" NEWS FLASH just because you pay to be a YJ does not automatically make you the best player. When was the last time you heard of the YJ's making player cuts? Everyone with a stick and a check makes the club so you cant make the statement that you did

Not the original poster but guessing they meant the strongest kids on that coach's team, not across the Island. Don't worry, your princess is still one of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

I understand your point. But that’s not this guy. Believe me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't discount a coach for not having played the game either.

It's been laughable to witness which coaches become elevated or branded in the discussion of the top leaders on Long Island. Spend a season or two (high school and-or summer) around the top names and you realize it's all smoke and mirrors as they have a lot of people fooled.

This is not a particularly hard sport to coach at the high school or travel levels. Don't let them fool you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't discount a coach for not having played the game either.

It's been laughable to witness which coaches become elevated or branded in the discussion of the top leaders on Long Island. Spend a season or two (high school and-or summer) around the top names and you realize it's all smoke and mirrors as they have a lot of people fooled.

This is not a particularly hard sport to coach at the high school or travel levels. Don't let them fool you.

You sound like one of those parents who always think they know more than the coach. It’s actually one of the more difficult sports to coach as you rarely have a high school team with a full field of good players and their lax IQ are even worse . Then throw in the know it all parents who tell their kids how the game “ should be played” after every game , bad referees , kids who have been told they are the best by mommy and daddy and it’s actually difficult to be successful every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the good news, If your daughter really wants to play in college she is absolutely in the right sport. Once you get outside the top 15 D1 teams or so the talent really falls off and when you get down to teams ranked about #100 its like watching LI PAL. Many teams are almost glorified walk ones especially in low D1 D2 plus new schools are adding the sport every year and there just aren't enough quality kids to fill out the rosters. My kid had a great ride at a D3 school and she wasn't even a starter on her LI HS team. So save some of that money on privates, get a tutor, and then send them to a school that they want to go to and just let her play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the good news, If your daughter really wants to play in college she is absolutely in the right sport. Once you get outside the top 15 D1 teams or so the talent really falls off and when you get down to teams ranked about #100 its like watching LI PAL. Many teams are almost glorified walk ones especially in low D1 D2 plus new schools are adding the sport every year and there just aren't enough quality kids to fill out the rosters. My kid had a great ride at a D3 school and she wasn't even a starter on her LI HS team. So save some of that money on privates, get a tutor, and then send them to a school that they want to go to and just let her play

I'm happy your daughter had a great D3 experience but telling others how to spend their money seems a bit over the top. My daughter worked and trained her butt off and had a great D1 experience. Every kid is different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island has thousands of travel soccer teams but how many girls play in college? Girls lacrosse has a fraction of the teams but a disproportionate amount of girls playing in college. Its an easier path

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Never said he wasn’t a nice guy. He has no business being on the sideline coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Page 315 of 327 1 2 313 314 315 316 317 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard