BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt many will respond to this but let’s try anyway.

Name a club and age group team that has a coach that is really good. And list reasons to support.

I bet for every coach that is named 4-5 will say something bad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
To keep this thread back on topic to 2023's, I suspect M&D 23 may be adding players going into the 10th grade club season too after 4 losses in the last two weekends (YJ, Top Guns, Capital, Skywalkers). Seems to be a lot of parity out there among the top teams in 2023...

It was fall ball. 23 Black never had a full roster all fall, with top players missing due to fall sports playoffs. Rest up. See you in June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To keep this thread back on topic to 2023's, I suspect M&D 23 may be adding players going into the 10th grade club season too after 4 losses in the last two weekends (YJ, Top Guns, Capital, Skywalkers). Seems to be a lot of parity out there among the top teams in 2023...

It was fall ball. 23 Black never had a full roster all fall, with top players missing due to fall sports playoffs. Rest up. See you in June.

Keep telling yourself this, and maybe you will believe it. Other teams had the same issues with girls missing due to fall sports, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself this, and maybe you will believe it. Other teams had the same issues with girls missing due to fall sports, too.

Never saw M&D without at least 8-9 girls on the bench so I’m calling bs....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS. We played M and D multiple times this fall and all their top players were there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes M&D did lose those games; 1 goal games to capital and TG. Smoked TG the weekend before by 4/5. TG also lost to hero’s Green by 4/5. We played YJ and whatever changes went on there they got a lot better. We will see what happens next time, but M&D not ready to give up the crown just yet.
YJ clearly the best up North right now with monster and TG closely behind.
M&D still the best in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes M&D did lose those games; 1 goal games to capital and TG. Smoked TG the weekend before by 4/5. TG also lost to hero’s Green by 4/5. We played YJ and whatever changes went on there they got a lot better. We will see what happens next time, but M&D not ready to give up the crown just yet.
M&D still the best in Howard County.

Fixed it for ya....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D still the best in Howard County.

Fixed it for ya....

LOL...nice. Best players, coach can not make them better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yes M&D did lose those games; 1 goal games to capital and TG. Smoked TG the weekend before by 4/5. TG also lost to hero’s Green by 4/5. We played YJ and whatever changes went on there they got a lot better. We will see what happens next time, but M&D not ready to give up the crown just yet.

Monsters and TG have beaten MD more than once. That YJ 2 goal win must have been a convincing win to be clearly the best team up North.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yes M&D did lose those games; 1 goal games to capital and TG. Smoked TG the weekend before by 4/5. TG also lost to hero’s Green by 4/5. We played YJ and whatever changes went on there they got a lot better. We will see what happens next time, but M&D not ready to give up the crown just yet.

What crown does M&D have? The were only 2 championship format tournaments last summer and they didn't win either. Hero's champs of Lax for the Cure and TG champs of the Mid Atlantic. Don't you have to win a tournament to hold the crown?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch SW and YJ at older levels not play kids at all at the end of a tourney. And yes I’m talking showcases too.

Take a look at the 2021 class ( the current class being recruited ) and let me know how these two teams have shortchanged their players. It just so happens they are the most highly recruited clubs in club lacrosse for their age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters team YJ has equal playing time. Sure during championship format and 20 minute games we should not be sitting there breaking our coaches cookies over minutes. Carol gets girls recruited. No one on Long Island even comes close. Go back and check the commitments last September.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughters team YJ has equal playing time. Sure during championship format and 20 minute games we should not be sitting there breaking our coaches cookies over minutes. Carol gets girls recruited. No one on Long Island even comes close. Go back and check the commitments last September.

Go Carol! (Sarcasm)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch SW and YJ at older levels not play kids at all at the end of a tourney. And yes I’m talking showcases too.

Take a look at the 2021 class ( the current class being recruited ) and let me know how these two teams have shortchanged their players. It just so happens they are the most highly recruited clubs in club lacrosse for their age group.

My daughter is on 21 M&D team. They absolutely played everyone equal time in showcases. It is what's best for all the girls. Winning these games doesn't matter at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is on 21 M&D team. They absolutely played everyone equal time in showcases. It is what's best for all the girls. Winning these games doesn't matter at all.
lol

My daughter plays for 2021 Blue YJ team ,they played everyone equally for all show cases as well. No need to beat up other clubs. I agree with the above statement SW, &YJ have been the top teams recruited so obviously they are doing something right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard there are quite a few 21 M&D girls still not recruited. Interesting..... all that money and bragging over the years didn't serve those girls well at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the emails sent out today from MnD leadership about Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because a player is not committed does not mean they were not recruited. College is for education first, pointless to commit if a school is not the right fit just because you get an offer. Sadly with Covid, these 21's may not get another chance to get in front of coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree... And, many 2021 girls are opting to play D3 instead of D1 for the full college experience (travel abroad, more academic options and less of a time commitment .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

M&D Coaches and Families,

We have moved some practices in Howard County this week as recreation and parks open their fields on Monday. The Covid19 regulations that we had been using in Carroll County do apply for facilities in Howard County. The guidelines in each county are nearly identical. The only exception is that all players and coaches must wear a mask to and from the car and the field. You do not have to wear a mask at practice itself. Here are some of the other major things that we need to continue to follow:
1. Approximately 10 players on one half of a field.
2. No contact drills in practice.
3. Social distance as much as possible
4. No parents congregating at practice, parents are supposed to drop off and stay in the parking lot.
5. Temperature must be taken within 2 hours of practice, If a player has 100 degree temperature or above they are not to attend practice.
6. If a player is having any illness symptoms including but no limited to a cough, headache, chills, nausea, upset stomach, lethargy do not come to practice.
7. Sign the health waiver before each practice.

I know there is a lot of different information out there as far as guidelines etc. With all of the mass gatherings and protests, it has also triggered many questions about these policies and their legitimacy. As a club, we do have 330 families, thus a wide variety of opinions. I ask that everyone just please be respectful of everyone in the club and their opinions. If you do not feel comfortable sending your child out to participate, then feel free to keep her home with no penalty. If you are sending your daughter out there, please make sure to follow all of the guidelines.
I am not sure how strict rec and parks will be with the rules considering the public restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid19 are not being followed throughout the country on a nightly basis. The widely publicized protests and mass gatherings do violate every protocol of what our medical professionals have been telling us. It does make it very difficult for us as a club to tell you that you need to follow the rules when we see thousands of people violating the rules every evening. Just because certain people are allowed to violate the rules set out by our politicians, does not mean that we are allowed to do the same. I know it is 100% hypocritical, but the special rules being made for protestors do not apply to youth sports. From a science standpoint I know it makes zero sense, but we need to really just focus on what we can control as a club. We really cannot get into the political debate, or make a political stand. We need to concentrate on getting the kids out on the fields safely. So we do need to follow the rules strictly. The last thing we want to do is break the rules and then lose our permits. Fields are nearly impossible to find right now with many facilities in the Baltimore area still being closed. So my main concerns are that we just follow the rules so we can keep all of our players safe according to the medical recommendations and to keep our the practice permits. Any political stands on the hypocrisy of mass gatherings for protests as opposed to youth sports, please take up with your politicians, not on the lacrosse fields or parking lots. Thanks for everyone's cooperation and understanding in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

We have moved some practices in Howard County this week as recreation and parks open their fields on Monday. The Covid19 regulations that we had been using in Carroll County do apply for facilities in Howard County. The guidelines in each county are nearly identical. The only exception is that all players and coaches must wear a mask to and from the car and the field. You do not have to wear a mask at practice itself. Here are some of the other major things that we need to continue to follow:
4. No parents congregating at practice, parents are supposed to drop off and stay in the parking lot.
5. Temperature must be taken within 2 hours of practice, If a player has 100 degree temperature or above they are not to attend practice.
6. If a player is having any illness symptoms including but no limited to a cough, headache, chills, nausea, upset stomach, lethargy do not come to practice.

I know there is a lot of different information out there as far as guidelines etc. With all of the mass gatherings and protests, it has also triggered many questions about these policies and their legitimacy. As a club, we do have 330 families, thus a wide variety of opinions. I ask that everyone just please be respectful of everyone in the club and their opinions. If you do not feel comfortable sending your child out to participate, then feel free to keep her home with no penalty. If you are sending your daughter out there, please make sure to follow all of the guidelines.
I am not sure how strict rec and parks will be with the rules considering the public restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid19 are not being followed throughout the country on a nightly basis. The widely publicized protests and mass gatherings do violate every protocol of what our medical professionals have been telling us. It does make it very difficult for us as a club to tell you that you need to follow the rules when we see thousands of people violating the rules every evening. Just because certain people are allowed to violate the rules set out by our politicians, does not mean that we are allowed to do the same. I know it is 100% hypocritical, but the special rules being made for protestors do not apply to youth sports. From a science standpoint I know it makes zero sense, but we need to really just focus on what we can control as a club. We really cannot get into the political debate, or make a political stand. We need to concentrate on getting the kids out on the fields safely. So we do need to follow the rules strictly. The last thing we want to do is break the rules and then lose our permits. Fields are nearly impossible to find right now with many facilities in the Baltimore area still being closed. So my main concerns are that we just follow the rules so we can keep all of our players safe according to the medical recommendations and to keep our the practice permits. Any political stands on the hypocrisy of mass gatherings for protests as opposed to youth sports, please take up with your politicians, not on the lacrosse fields or parking lots. Thanks for everyone's cooperation and understanding in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

So I’m not a huge fan of Robinson as a person/coach/director or M & D as an organization, however I feel the terminology is on point. Obviously I’m not an ambassador of the subject/sport but give the dude a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lacrosse has released their guidelines for return to play. Go to their website for information on how this lax season will/may proceed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah...that email went over like a fart in church with the black families in the M&D program. One fired back an email and then Robinson had the nerve to even further his point of "I don't care about your opinions, keep them to yourself". Will post that one shortly as well. Pretty tone-deaf considering the climate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because a player is not committed does not mean they were not recruited. College is for education first, pointless to commit if a school is not the right fit just because you get an offer. Sadly with Covid, these 21's may not get another chance to get in front of coaches.

This is such a great point. In my daughter's club there are several '21s that have not committed but have had offers from D1 programs. They have made the decision that those schools were not fits for them either financially or academically. The program is not to blame that they aren't committed. The program did its job in getting them in front of coaches. Each player (and family) makes the best decision for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

This does not reflect well on him. Keep it simple and stick to explaining what the rules are, and that everyone in the club should follow them. He's asking the club's families to keep their wide variety of opinions respectful (maybe even implying keep it to themselves??), yet expressing his own opinions which are irrelevant to the basic information needed by families about practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

This does not reflect well on him. Keep it simple and stick to explaining what the rules are, and that everyone in the club should follow them. He's asking the club's families to keep their wide variety of opinions respectful (maybe even implying keep it to themselves??), yet expressing his own opinions which are irrelevant to the basic information needed by families about practices.

This email is disgraceful especially in light of what is going on across the country. Lax is indicative of the what the protesters are trying to change. I recommend that Chris send out an apology and keep his M&D communications on LAX, or he will loose his best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

This email is disgraceful especially in light of what is going on across the country. Lax is indicative of the what the protesters are trying to change. I recommend that Chris send out an apology and keep his M&D communications on LAX, or he will loose his best players.

It's not only an issue of losing his best players, but there is a host of other possible ramifications including, but not limited to, not being allowed to play in certain tournaments. People have lost jobs and been rebuked over the interpretation of one word. He put out an entire statement thats fairly straightforward without a lot of gray areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Why is an apology necessary? Chris stated the double standard that the government wants you to abide by. Protesting is very important and lax is not however does the virus know this? Will it only infect people that are out for non essential reasons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up. This covid-19 was a hoax. Get the facts. Protesting is important. Thugs looting and destroying property is a disgrace. And to many ..... lax is important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard there are quite a few 21 M&D girls still not recruited. Interesting..... all that money and bragging over the years didn't serve those girls well at all.

Every girl on M&D had options. Some so far have chosen not to take them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Why is an apology necessary? Chris stated the double standard that the government wants you to abide by. Protesting is very important and lax is not however does the virus know this? Will it only infect people that are out for non essential reasons?

Most people don't want to waste time reading their lacrosse club director's personal opinions, whether they agree or not. Comes across as arrogant, childish and unprofessional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

Most people don't want to waste time reading their lacrosse club director's personal opinions, whether they agree or not. Comes across as arrogant, childish and unprofessional.

Speak for yourself Karen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

I agree. I'm a minority or brown person or whatever the latest woke speech is. I'm also a major Trump supporter. And I agree with Chris Robinson 1000%, but I think it is not appropriate for a director to express his opinion to the entire club. Just stick to explaining the rules and keep the email simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

I agree. I'm a minority or brown person or whatever the latest woke speech is. I'm also a major Trump supporter. And I agree with Chris Robinson 1000%, but I think it is not appropriate for a director to express his opinion to the entire club. Just stick to explaining the rules and keep the email simple.

Let’s get back to lax. Looking forward to playing the Long Island teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That M&D email about the protests was gross and should be put in to the dustbin. Here's what that email should've said - "we're following CDC guidelines end of story". It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing

But the poster who keeps putting it up on these this board should just stop. You're just trying to stir trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if he is setting things up for cancelling his MidAtlantic tournament this summer. I haven’t seen where it’s been rescheduled yet. There won’t be any college coaches able to attend in July anyway. I see where other tournaments have moved their dates and venues to states where team sports will be allowed. Crickets about his tournament so far.

And his email was ridiculous and risk taking. Stick to the basic guidelines you are implementing at practices. No one cares about your opinion. No wonder parents were upset.

That M&D email about the protests was gross and should be put in to the dustbin. Here's what that email should've said - "we're following CDC guidelines end of story". It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing

But the poster who keeps putting it up on these this board should just stop. You're just trying to stir trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if he is setting things up for cancelling his MidAtlantic tournament this summer. I haven’t seen where it’s been rescheduled yet. There won’t be any college coaches able to attend in July anyway. I see where other tournaments have moved their dates and venues to states where team sports will be allowed. Crickets about his tournament so far.

And his email was ridiculous and risk taking. Stick to the basic guidelines you are implementing at practices. No one cares about your opinion. No wonder parents were upset.

Mid-Atlantic is not going to be canceled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mid-Atlantic is not going to be canceled.

100% will be cancelled! No way they will allow 400 teams!

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard