BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who's looking good this year?

What ever happened to True Blue? Haven't seen them at any Fall tournaments.

Lost their faceoff kid with the crazy psycho dad. Now they are even worse. Strange thing is, the kid went to Turtles and still they can’t win a game. Oh well, example of the whole grass is greener not working out.

What ever happened to True Blue? Haven't seen them at any Fall tournaments.

Lost their faceoff kid with the crazy psycho dad. Now they are even worse. Strange thing is, the kid went to Turtles and still they can’t win a game. Oh well, example of the whole grass is greener not working out.

Lol you went triple anonymous coward with this post. Bravo. You insulted two organizations and a father. Must not be much going on for you with all that negative energy built up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were they thinking making the brackets today for the tournament. The bandit bracket has like 10 teams in it. True national playing turtles, rebels and express 9th team. Why wouldn’t they be playing in bandit And west coast bracket. Is this like the Dukes, play in a weak division to blow out teams for
Marketing purposes?

Yes got beat up last weekend can’t afford to look bad again or the money will dry up

That was the Green team and then this was the blac. They should have swapped tournaments because NAL was a much tougher pull with the B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxislife
The head coaches are just collecting their 5k-6k checks plus travel expenses and are not 'recruiting' anybody from this event.

What event are you talking about?

Any event that is selling a showcase to 2023's. Anyone that thinks their son is being recruited by any coach in 9th grade is far too gullible. But in this instance, Igloo Elite 80.

I was there - my son loves playing against the other good kids. He enjoys it and for he and I it’s a weekend to hang out. I didn’t see much “recruiting” but I did see kids having fun, high level lacrosse and I know for my son personally he spent a ton of time with Syracuse, Harvard, Hopkins and UVA Hc. He got personal one on one coaching from Petro for 10 minutes. Tiffany and he talked for 20 minutes after the event and that Harvard guy kept coming back and providing some good coaching.

So recruiting - No. Fun - yes. I have the $ so why not go? Was a good time though I recognize it for what it is - a fun expensive day nothing more nothing less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you already know that answer.

I don’t help me out but my take from a few weekends:

LI Express
Brotherly Love
Freedom
Mesa
True National (Black the top team)
91 LI
Dukes National
True Mid Atlantic

Who else, I don’t know the LI teams as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Express
Brotherly Love
Freedom
Mesa
91 LI
Dukes National
True Mid Atlantic

Dukes Nationals no longer exists

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Express
Brotherly Love
Freedom
Mesa
91 LI
Dukes National
True Mid Atlantic

Dukes Nationals no longer exists

Neither does True Mid Atlantic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some men watch teenage boys too closely, considering the end result relating to this sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some men watch teenage boys too closely, considering the end result relating to this sport.

Chaminade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True National Atlantic 2023 team is top team out there. That team is elite and well coached. Definitely top 3 team in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True National Atlantic 2023 team is top team out there. That team is elite and well coached. Definitely top 3 team in the country.

It should be, considering it’s a national team made up of kids from 6 different states.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Bandit parent but I've seen them play a bunch of times and been on the losing end every time my son team plays them. They are still the best team on Long Island. They may have lost a game here and there but no team on Long Island has consistently beat them. Until a team does there tops on the island. Express is a definite 2 and I would say Igloo at 3 after that its up for grabs. On any given day I think you could put S2S, TB, Warriors, Rebels at 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a Bandit parent but I've seen them play a bunch of times and been on the losing end every time my son team plays them. They are still the best team on Long Island. They may have lost a game here and there but no team on Long Island has consistently beat them. Until a team does there tops on the island. Express is a definite 2 and I would say Igloo at 3 after that its up for grabs. On any given day I think you could put S2S, TB, Warriors, Rebels at 4.

You obviously haven't seen other teams in this age group. Therefore, your post is ridiculous. Don't try and become a reporter. Stick to writing on the 2030 posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously haven't seen other teams in this age group. Therefore, your post is ridiculous. Don't try and become a reporter. Stick to writing on the 2030 posts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am a 2023 parent, I have basically seen all the 2023 teams on Long Island and there is no other team in this age group that I would have put in my original post IMHO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am a 2023 parent, I have basically seen all the 2023 teams on Long Island and there is no other team in this age group that I would have put in my original post IMHO.

Are you a Recon parent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nat Lax Fed National All Star game and Underarmour All-American lacrosse classic are the same weekend in 2020. The NLF all star game seems to be pushed by 91/Express/PT so will Underarmour now be the 2nd class event?

Not looking for snarky remarks, although I guess they will be unavoidable on this board. Seems like the positive is that it gives more boys the opportunity to play in one of these events. The negative is that the registration fees for these showcases / all star games can start adding up very quickly if you sign up for all of them.

Also, NXT Nike boys Philly showcase is the same weekend but I have to think both of the other events will top the Philly showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nat Lax Fed National All Star game and Underarmour All-American lacrosse classic are the same weekend in 2020. The NLF all star game seems to be pushed by 91/Express/PT so will Underarmour now be the 2nd class event?

Not looking for snarky remarks, although I guess they will be unavoidable on this board. Seems like the positive is that it gives more boys the opportunity to play in one of these events. The negative is that the registration fees for these showcases / all star games can start adding up very quickly if you sign up for all of them.

Also, NXT Nike boys Philly showcase is the same weekend but I have to think both of the other events will top the Philly showcase.

My view is let your son have one more Summer without worrying about college recruiting. That will ramp up very quickly next Fall so register if you think he will have fun or enjoy the experience but not for college exposure as they will still be focused on 2021's late bloomers and 2022's ahead of September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA tried to clean some of the systemic issues with the club coaches involvement and now those same club coaches have created a competing product to fleece their own kids. I’ll bet UA will require boys to play in the underclass games to be eligible for the UA Sr Game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow why do you care what parent he is as I think he said it well. Just cause you don't agree with him doesn't make him wrong or you right. Get over yourself, youre not playing anymore. Wow to think of what is said on here. You guys need a hobby outside of your kid. Its their lift not yours. You can't play anymore!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the Lax Mafia trying to extort more money from parents. That is all it is. It will be a tournament for suckers like the Warrior All America games. They got me once - never again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is laxachusetts at this level? talent to compete with the top teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There a 4 teams for 2023. The ages go like this: 17, 16, 15, 14 and they are organized by color instead of age so they can be discreet. It's a very colorful way of disguising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are decent. Not as good as they were in the past. Too reliant on one player that is 2 years older than most of the kids he plays against and the field has caught up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranked 19 according to https://www.USCL.com/rankings.html. but they have multiple teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranked 19 according to https://www.USCL.com/rankings.html. but they have multiple teams.

https://www.USCL.com/rankings.html

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They come in with some very big kids. Obvious they don't play on age and if you chat with some of the parents they don't hide the fact that that their 16 year olds are playing and beating up your 14 year old. However they do seem to have a good program as one of the dads told me they have training centers all throughout New England with different training sessions for different nights in addition to team practices. You can take your kid to any of the different locations and basically get as much lacrosse as you want. From what I recall the price was about the same as we get charged here on Long Island but training seems to be better. Too bad they have to resort to beating kids 2 years younger. Seems the program is good so perhaps its time to play apples to apples.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended the NLF futures at IMG which was mostly Laxachusetts players. LI Express has even taller/bigger players. I think the age advantage (if that is really true) is starting to even out at least in size. The talent at the event was good I did not think there were many if any standout players or players that were clearly above the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PrimeTime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, we are getting behind compared to the other age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, we are getting behind compared to the other age groups.

That's a good thing.
Bandits aren't #1 anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the summer season will be a wash. What next?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the summer season will be a wash. What next?

Fall comes after Summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calm down sparky! Travel doesn't really start till june

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is #1 now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is #1 now?

Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Turtles are the top team followed by Breakers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is #1 now?

Warriors are finally the top team. Let them feel good for being the red headed step child for so many years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are still #1 until I see another program on Long Island consistently beat them. Express is a close second...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are still #1 until I see another program on Long Island consistently beat them. Express is a close second...

You won't see them this year, and knowing the Express kids well, I'd say they are better going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You won't see them this year, and knowing the Express kids well, I'd say they are better going forward.

I'd agree with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd agree with that.

So I'll agree that Express has competed well with the Bandits over the years but I'm not sure if they've ever taken a game off of them and now all of a sudden, Express is the better team? Please explain.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard