BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 144 of 214 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have thought this year's presidents cup would have been better since it wasn't at Disney. This issue at Disney is you were forced to stay at Disney properties which are very expensive and the hotels for the most part aren't very nice. Was very thankful that my daughters 2021 team did not go this year just because of the expense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expense is one thing, but pair expense with a complete lack of infrastructure and support for the size of the event they were hosting. People were staying in hotels normally 45 minutes away from venue and they were still sitting in traffic after leaving those hotels at 6AM on a Saturday (for 8AM starts). After the games,they would walk around aimlessly in a grass field looking for their cars b/c there were no markers to remind them where they parked. You couldn't really leave anyway b/c it would take you another 2 hours to get in. High Heat/No Shade. Nowhere to sit and unwind. Not enough Shuttles. Ridiculous lines at food vendors (long, hour+ waits for food). Terrible porta-potty conditions and lines.

All this added stress for parents and players (coupled with the high cost of participating) is something most Parents I talked to will do without next year, especially right before the Holidays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of problems at President's Cup. Some might be because it's a new venue but hard to say for sure. The parking was terrible. Had to arrive 90+ minutes before games. It was a real cluster. You could not leave in between as a result. Also, they needed more food options. Lines were long at lunch (45 min+). We brought lunch the next day because it just wasn't worth it. Overall they seemed understaffed. Trash piled up. Not enough water jugs. No toilet paper by Sunday.

Medical was very slow to arrive. I watched a girl go down with what seemed to be a serious knee injury and coaches and parents had to carry her off the field. Medical arrived 5 min later.

There were not a lot of hotels near the field complex so people were scattered from Boca to Jupiter to Palm Beach and elsewhere. And you had to stay at the hotels selected. It was hard to get girls together if the team didn't all book at one place. The cheapest option I saw was $140 a night (and that place looked rough) so the cheap Disney motels might have been better.

This was our first year but I would imagine Disney certainly would've been better with transportation given their bus system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Green is the new black on BOC.

19 is the new 17 in girls high school lax

Lol! And helicopter mom is turning into bulldozer mom! Make sure you remove all possible obstacles from your daughter's life, that will carry her far in life.

Why do some of you care so much about the decisions made by other?
We worry about our children. We did not hold any of our children back in kindergarten, we did not re-class any of our children and we have not done nor will we do a PG year but We do not care what others do.

It is really funny listening to the BS about "Age" and "Grade". kids in a grade are not all the same age. The December 1st 2002 birthday and the November 30 2002 birthday will be in the same grade but one child is a year older. Different parts of the country have different school cut-off dates, NY is December 1, other states may be September 1. Kids in a grade are not all the same age. It is an advantage to be older so why is it a bad thing if parents choose to give their child an advantage? To each his or her own.

IMHO some of you simply can't take it when other children (players) receive more recognition than your daughter.

We care what other people do because we think the playing field should be level which is why I think travel lax should be based on age not grade like pretty much every other sport. Again if every parent decided to gain an advantage by holding their kid back it would get out of hand and then whats next entering 9th grade as a 15 year old. If as you say its an advantage to be older why did you not hold yours back, amazing to me that you did not want to give your child every advantage you could.

There is no such thing as a level playing field. No particular reason why we did not hold our children back, never gave it much thought in kindergarten we felt all were ready to go one is a December birthday (we saw how being old for the grade helped) the others are middle of the year and have done just fine although one would have benefited from being held back or re-classed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no-one commenting what an absolute disaster the President’s Cup was this weekend? A serious drop off for those that attended in Orlando in years past. If it was all about the players, it would’ve still been back at ESPN.

The College Coaches hated it too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is no such thing as a level playing field. No particular reason why we did not hold our children back, never gave it much thought in kindergarten we felt all were ready to go one is a December birthday (we saw how being old for the grade helped) the others are middle of the year and have done just fine although one would have benefited from being held back or re-classed."

The old life's not fair argument , its no excuse for not trying. There is a reason NYSHAA has rules about age .Its an unfair advantage given often to families of greater wealth and there is no reason that travel teams should not be based on age .Why should players be at a disadvantage because their parents did not want to work the system. That said these 3 specific kids will go on to have successful careers and I hope they do but they have received many accolades ,awards, and positions on all star teams at the expense of on age players. There are many kids who are on age who will never receive the honor of ALL American at the end of this season because people take advantage of the season and those awards go to players who should already be in college. Yes that's life but it does not make it stink any less for those kids who otherwise would have been recognized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"There is no such thing as a level playing field. No particular reason why we did not hold our children back, never gave it much thought in kindergarten we felt all were ready to go one is a December birthday (we saw how being old for the grade helped) the others are middle of the year and have done just fine although one would have benefited from being held back or re-classed."

The old life's not fair argument , its no excuse for not trying. There is a reason NYSHAA has rules about age .Its an unfair advantage given often to families of greater wealth and there is no reason that travel teams should not be based on age .Why should players be at a disadvantage because their parents did not want to work the system. That said these 3 specific kids will go on to have successful careers and I hope they do but they have received many accolades ,awards, and positions on all star teams at the expense of on age players. There are many kids who are on age who will never receive the honor of ALL American at the end of this season because people take advantage of the season and those awards go to players who should already be in college. Yes that's life but it does not make it stink any less for those kids who otherwise would have been recognized.

I guess, I just don't think it is that big of a deal. Have listened to people carrying on about on the boys side for years. In the end it is a personal decision and it is not against any law and it does not break any rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess, I just don't think it is that big of a deal. Have listened to people carrying on about on the boys side for years. In the end it is a personal decision and it is not against any law and it does not break any rules.

This is true...just don't be bragging about how great your kid is....in the end she's just another a holdback whose parents didn't believe she was good enough to compete against girls her own age. No Jealousy here. My daughter competes just fine playing on age, and has plenty of accolades to prove it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think it’s a huge deal but all the same I’d prefer if lax went to birthyear grouping like Club soccer. I’ve seen parents really struggle and stretch themselves to reclass their kid because they thought they had to. I rather no one had that option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true...just don't be bragging about how great your kid is....in the end she's just another a holdback whose parents didn't believe she was good enough to compete against girls her own age. No Jealousy here. My daughter competes just fine playing on age, and has plenty of accolades to prove it.

What a low life you are. And your jealousy comes through loud and clear. Congratulations to any and all kids who are recognized as being outstanding by people who actually know what they are talking about (The college coaches at the top programs, Under Armour, Inside Lacrosse, US Lacrosse etc...) not big mouth know nothing jealous parents of average players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of problems at President's Cup. Some might be because it's a new venue but hard to say for sure. The parking was terrible. Had to arrive 90+ minutes before games. It was a real cluster. You could not leave in between as a result. Also, they needed more food options. Lines were long at lunch (45 min+). We brought lunch the next day because it just wasn't worth it. Overall they seemed understaffed. Trash piled up. Not enough water jugs. No toilet paper by Sunday.

Medical was very slow to arrive. I watched a girl go down with what seemed to be a serious knee injury and coaches and parents had to carry her off the field. Medical arrived 5 min later.

There were not a lot of hotels near the field complex so people were scattered from Boca to Jupiter to Palm Beach and elsewhere. And you had to stay at the hotels selected. It was hard to get girls together if the team didn't all book at one place. The cheapest option I saw was $140 a night (and that place looked rough) so the cheap Disney motels might have been better.

This was our first year but I would imagine Disney certainly would've been better with transportation given their bus system.

The logistical issues were certainly rough, although they seemed to get a little better each day. I cant imagine that the event organizers didn't notice the problems and should be working on solutions for next year.
the actual location was very nice, the fields were well maintained. I was happy with the hotel options and once away from the sphere of the event i didn't encounter any traffic or overcrowding form the event at local restaurants, wawa etc.
The college coaches turned out and watched just as advertised
The venue by design is really big.
maybe they should reduce the number of teams allowed to play? 1 team per age per club?
it should be easy enough to dd more food/water vendors as there was plenty of room.
More assistance from local authorities to direct traffic is needed and should be possible to arrange.. they may need to reimburse the PD for the needed manpower.
parking was sufficient in size, but getting in and out needs to be fixed. additional exits and entrances to the field are needed.. it was close to getting problematic on Sunday with the early rain.. if that field got a little wetter I imagine a lot of cars getting stuck in the mud.
I agree its a bad time of year to spend $2k on lacrosse, but when is a good time to do so?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a low life you are. And your jealousy comes through loud and clear. Congratulations to any and all kids who are recognized as being outstanding by people who actually know what they are talking about (The college coaches at the top programs, Under Armour, Inside Lacrosse, US Lacrosse etc...) not big mouth know nothing jealous parents of average players.

Thanks Holdback Mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree some issues are fixable. But I wonder if Disney would just be logically easier since it’s already set up for this. Wouldn’t need a rental car. Traffic and parking issues would be gone. I might pick that over having the freedom to pick any hotel (we ended up in Boca which was fine but a drive).

I definitely wouldn’t support only one team per club. My daughters club fields two competitive teams. Most will go on to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have thought this year's presidents cup would have been better since it wasn't at Disney. This issue at Disney is you were forced to stay at Disney properties which are very expensive and the hotels for the most part aren't very nice. Was very thankful that my daughters 2021 team did not go this year just because of the expense.

Our flights to West Palm were significantly more than flying to Orlando, and my standard run of the mill hotel room cost more than I ever paid at Disney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure? because I heard they were angry they couldn't get from field to field to see all whom they came to see.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Off topic but do you think an individual showcase on Friday before the IWLCA Tournament would be something people would be interested in? I just feel that it's a zoo at the tournament and from a recruiting aspect, its no good. Thoughts..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxislife
Off topic but do you think an individual showcase on Friday before the IWLCA Tournament would be something people would be interested in? I just feel that it's a zoo at the tournament and from a recruiting aspect, its no good. Thoughts..

there was one on Friday morning..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
President's Cup was the Fyre festival of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure? because I heard they were angry they couldn't get from field to field to see all whom they came to see.

from my vantage point.. yes they were. the top flight of the 2022's had large groups of coaches watching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3-4 A pools had a lot of coaches. B and C pools had very little attendance

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Are you referring to the one for 7th-12th graders in Lake Worth Fllorida that was for 2 hours w 16 different D1 progeams but 21 total coaches? Not sure how many girls they accepte/allowed to register bc it was sold out but would like to know the player to cosch ratio.

Im talking about a showcaase for 9th-12th Graders with like 45-60 College Coaches (20-25:D1s & the rest D2's/D3's) for at least 4-6 hours on 3 fields so that there are 15-20 College Coaches at each field so players csn be seen while the coaches are down there.

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you referring to the one for 7th-12th graders in Lake Worth Fllorida that was for 2 hours w 16 different D1 progeams but 21 total coaches? Not sure how many girls they accepte/allowed to register bc it was sold out but would like to know the player to cosch ratio.

Im talking about a showcaase for 9th-12th Graders with like 45-60 College Coaches (20-25:D1s & the rest D2's/D3's) for at least 4-6 hours on 3 fields so that there are 15-20 College Coaches at each field so players csn be seen while the coaches are down there.

Thoughts?[/quote]

Terrible idea. You’re describing the intent of the IWLCA event - to get as many Coaches as possible to see as many teams as possible in a convenient setting for all. Why would they stick around for Sat and Sun if there’s a huge showcase Friday? Plus how many 9th (or 12th) graders do they really want to see and why would people take an extra day off work and travel an extra day? All the complaints have been about expense and inconvenience right before the Holidays, yet this proposal would increase both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thoughts?

Yes, I was referring to the above, I was not aware there was even an event and we spent that morning on the beach, I only found out about it prior to our first game from a parent who attended... ( his opinion was that it was crowded with players and tough to stand out )
I would certainly welcome an opportunity to play in an event such as you described.. The players and the coaches are already in town.
I imagine we would need a club or individual with a little clout to set that up..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only on here to vent . My kid plays on a fairly successful high school team that is full of D1 commits . The chemistry on the team has been terrible for years and now one of the causes of that has given the administration an ultimatum. Simply put this player and her parents have been outcasts from the rest of the team due to their behavior and were going to move to the neighboring district , the rest of the team would have been better off . Instead they met with the administration to say they were being bullied by the coaches, players , parents and that if their superstar does not receive the highest end of season award on the team there would be a lawsuit . Apparently the administration has caved to their demands , honestly the award thing is ridiculous as who cares and the player is not the best player on the team but the main issue is the team chemistry will be even worse making it another miserable season for these kids . Unfortunately the kids know much of what’s going on and I have had conversations with mine to just ignore the drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only on here to vent . My kid plays on a fairly successful high school team that is full of D1 commits . The chemistry on the team has been terrible for years and now one of the causes of that has given the administration an ultimatum. Simply put this player and her parents have been outcasts from the rest of the team due to their behavior and were going to move to the neighboring district , the rest of the team would have been better off . Instead they met with the administration to say they were being bullied by the coaches, players , parents and that if their superstar does not receive the highest end of season award on the team there would be a lawsuit . Apparently the administration has caved to their demands , honestly the award thing is ridiculous as who cares and the player is not the best player on the team but the main issue is the team chemistry will be even worse making it another miserable season for these kids . Unfortunately the kids know much of what’s going on and I have had conversations with mine to just ignore the drama.

It has been a mess. Hard to play when a dad is coaching from the stands and holding invite only practices and drawing up plays for his kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to believe. Sounds more like you're jealous. and with all those D1 commits I'm sure you will win states and all will be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idea who or what school you are talking about but calling BS on administration being blackmailed into giving an MVP award to avoid a lawsuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to girls lacrosse..... Insane no nothing delusional parents... Incompetent coaches.... Spineless and incompetent school administrators..... Happy New Year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse is a me first game. This is no different. Sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse is a me first game. This is no different. Sad

Gotta be Riverhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to believe. Sounds more like you're jealous. and with all those D1 commits I'm sure you will win states and all will be happy.

Sounds more like you have a kid who no one likes . My kid is not a starter on this team , plays a bunch but has no aspirations of getting higher end of year awards and I just actually want her to enjoy the year .Will not win the states and one of the reasons why is that the team chemistry is toxic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idea who or what school you are talking about but calling BS on administration being blackmailed into giving an MVP award to avoid a lawsuit.

You obviously do not know what you are talking about ,if you think this is the first law suit that has been brought or threatened over playing time, awards , etc you are just ill advised. Happens at the collegiate level also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. What happened to the big push for girls to wear helmets?? Guess it's not going to happen. Cascade took a bath on this and lots of girls getting made fun of when they wear them. Even though many parents wanted it, the girls who play were almost unanimously against it, and the parents gave up. What a dense idea that was!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead is not winning states. It’s BBP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post this ? Yes BBP is going to win it all but that will have no impact on Riverhead as they are in different conferences .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is the transfer student from Riverhead or BBP?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! Different divisions and such a Random comment. Don’t know if any transfers to or from either school. Just randomly irrelevant to this link.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Riverhead is not winning states. It’s BBP

Why post this ? Yes BBP is going to win it all but that will have no impact on Riverhead as they are in different conferences .

BBP is completely loaded at every position. Will be a great season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were talking about the complaining to the administration regarding a certain superstar on team, and someone pointed out it was
BBP. Loaded at every position is hysterical and they have been saying they will win states forever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a transfer from the east end but not from Riverhead

Like Reply Quote
Page 144 of 214 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 213 214
Quick Reply