BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse about Girls in the class of 2023 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is scary good. Practice has started. Best coach in the 23s. Coach took out the garbage and brought in 2 elite new players. Not sure why teams would even try and compete. I guess someone has to be the looser. Enjoy the fall session.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did a grown adult actually post that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D is scary good. Practice has started. Best coach in the 23s. Coach took out the garbage and brought in 2 elite new players. Not sure why teams would even try and compete. I guess someone has to be the looser. Enjoy the fall session.

Not that scary, they can’t even beat the LI teams anymore 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

had to be one of the players.probably one of the new ones.probably the one from heros.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

had to be one of the players.probably one of the new ones.probably the one from heros.

Just stop. These girls are in high school now. They’ve moved on from the middle school pettiness. You parents should as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just stop. These girls are in high school now. They’ve moved on from the middle school pettiness. You parents should as well.

some parents cannot move on from middle school pettiness. they have been stuck there since THEY were in middle school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI winning will be a thing of the past. This is a new year and new team. Players not able to hang have been cut loose. Guess you will just have to see for yourself. Like I said. Scary Good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI winning will be a thing of the past. This is a new year and new team. Players not able to hang have been cut loose. Guess you will just have to see for yourself. Like I said. Scary Good.

Not all players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait I thought M & D was going to be scary good. The outcome of mid Atlantic showed that all the top teams can win or lose by a point or two on any given weekend. Hero's, Top guns, Yellow Jackets, Sky Walkers, M and D show they are all top programs and will continue to be that way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Wait I thought M & D was going to be scary good. The outcome of mid Atlantic showed that all the top teams can win or lose by a point or two on any given weekend. Hero's, Top guns, Yellow Jackets, Sky Walkers, M and D show they are all top programs and will continue to be that way.[/qu

Its fall ball. Missing some players for other sports. Do not get so excited. It was only close because we allowed it to be that close. The beat downs are coming. I would not get to confident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D coach stinks. He is in over his head. Best players around top to bottom and the team is dysfunctional. He really wanted that showcase trophy this weekend, but came up short. You keep being you coach of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait I thought M & D was going to be scary good. The outcome of mid Atlantic showed that all the top teams can win or lose by a point or two on any given weekend. Hero's, Top guns, Yellow Jackets, Sky Walkers, M and D show they are all top programs and will continue to be that way.

Clearly you are too busy judging instead of actually watching them play. They are scary good. Winning or losing by a point doesn’t take that away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D coach stinks. He is in over his head. Best players around top to bottom and the team is dysfunctional. He really wanted that showcase trophy this weekend, but came up short. You keep being you coach of the year.

Funny how when the team loses one game at a showcase by 1 goal he gets bashed, but when his team went 4-0 and beat the same team last weekend by 4 goals, there was silence. The team is far from dysfunctional, and if you were on the team, you would know. Keep wishing you were from afar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT Grizzlies will take care of M&D again next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT Grizzlies will take care of M&D again next weekend.

Ok, sounds good. Good luck. And we have all the confidence in the world that you will let us know how it goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be a fun summer. M & D and Hero's were the 2 best teams this fall. TG, Grizzlies, and Skywalkers are not that far behind. Heros got better with some players leaving. They are played unselfishly and more as a team. I am looking forward to seeing M & D with their additions having more time playing together. They will be very good.

I think that the 23's across the board have a lot of great players. It is always fun watching the top teams play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree, he is a very good coach. Did you see them play before he took over? Not that they were bad by any means, but they play much better with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that the 23's across the board have a lot of great players. It is always fun watching the top teams play!

Accurate statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be a fun summer. M & D and Hero's were the 2 best teams this fall. TG, Grizzlies, and Skywalkers are not that far behind. Heros got better with some players leaving. They are played unselfishly and more as a team. I am looking forward to seeing M & D with their additions having more time playing together. They will be very good.

Not sure how M&D is on a pedestal. They lost to YJ and TG last weekend. Not the best. Hero’s have also been good, but also had losses. The top teams are interchangeable and can beat each other any given day. Some real studs on all these teams!

I propose a top tier, and no #1 (just because you win one week does not mean you’re the best!)
* in no particular order

Grizzlies
Monsters
YJ
TG
M&D
Hero’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what you should take from any of these games is watching the teams as individual players which is what college recruiters will do. The top teams all have 3-4 great players on these teams. When it comes down to who wins it mostly comes down to how deep and good are the rest of the players on the teams. Watching the M and D vs Sky walkers 2023 games you could see it. I would put M and D 's top 4-6 against Sky walkers top 4-6 any day. When it comes to the rest of the team M and D has more depth. If your kid is one of the 4-6 or lets say top 10 on any of these teams than they are most likely going to be high level recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree... And, I would add the rosters on the 2023 M&D and SW teams will change a lot next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these showcases are mostly for attackers and middies. don't see much happening with defenders unless they do camps?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree... And, I would add the rosters on the 2023 M&D and SW teams will change a lot next year.

With girls leaving or with girls getting replaced? Neither team has open tryouts at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With girls leaving or with girls getting replaced? Neither team has open tryouts at this point.

I know the SW 22 Blue team made changes and they didn't have an official tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. Both have tryouts, M&D is listed on their site and SW is private.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers will have private clinics in July to promise the world to other clubs players. Hope it works out for all of them. Club jumping never works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It worked out for them (Skywalkers) vs. M&D at Level Nine this weekend...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers will have private clinics in July to promise the world to other clubs players. Hope it works out for all of them. Club jumping never works.

Club jumping can work for some, especially if jumping to a team/organization that has little to no drama. It worked out well for our daughter when she left her team in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that fall has wrapped... im wondering where the scary good brat downs from M&D are.
Or can we just say thetes lots of good teams now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 21 made changes (subtracted and added players) and M&D 21 added players going into 10th grade club season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To keep this thread back on topic to 2023's, I suspect M&D 23 may be adding players going into the 10th grade club season too after 4 losses in the last two weekends (YJ, Top Guns, Capital, Skywalkers). Seems to be a lot of parity out there among the top teams in 2023...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does a team like M&D lose? I thought they were the best!
Also who wants more players on a team at this point? Too many teams have too many players! We have so much extra baggage on our team that I can’t wait for a change! These girls do not get better by sharing plays In the game. They get better by playing hard! So many teams are such a money grab I’m hoping by gr 10 that teams would trim up a bit.
I can’t see SW and the like taking away players but I can see them adding($$$). Beware!
I’d love a small pocket team almost like an all star league. Club is so over saturated.
And if you have to ask if Clinton s at this point are holding tryouts you just dont understand!
There is always room for the right player. It’s your duty to get your daughter there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To keep this thread back on topic to 2023's, I suspect M&D 23 may be adding players going into the 10th grade club season too after 4 losses in the last two weekends (YJ, Top Guns, Capital, Skywalkers). Seems to be a lot of parity out there among the top teams in 2023...

But I thought someone said that they stole 2 top players from another club and they are scary good now? Adding players to a team does not always help. It just ruins chemistry. Especially if you have a coach that does not know how to develop talent. Its easy to throw athletic players on the field, but you still need to be able to teach them. Obviously, their coach lacks this ability. Plus...watch them play. That is a super selfish team. That comes from the coach too. I guess trying to win all the showcase events is an ego stroking tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch SW and YJ at older levels not play kids at all at the end of a tourney. And yes I’m talking showcases too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]To keep this thread back on topic to 2023's, I suspect M&D 23 may be adding players going into the 10th grade club season too after 4 losses in the last two weekends (YJ, Top Guns, Capital, Skywalkers). Seems to be a lot of parity out there among the top teams in 2023...

The Coach was a excellent youth/middle school age coach. Over his head at the high school level. The game gets faster and more intricate in the schemes and in game adjustments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch SW and YJ at older levels not play kids at all at the end of a tourney. And yes I’m talking showcases too.

Well...that sounds amazing. Not getting to play in showcase events because you are going for the win and not getting the win. .500 play and riding the bench must be worth the cost, to be a part of the "Team" I guess. Sound like a good experience. Watch some of the other top teams. All players play and work as a team. Some even got better by losing some of their drama. Must be nice to be da best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]To keep this thread back on topic to 2023's, I suspect M&D 23 may be adding players going into the 10th grade club season too after 4 losses in the last two weekends (YJ, Top Guns, Capital, Skywalkers). Seems to be a lot of parity out there among the top teams in 2023...

The Coach was a excellent youth/middle school age coach. Over his head at the high school level. The game gets faster and more intricate in the schemes and in game adjustments.

High school coach with a 4th grade team concept. Makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 21 made changes (subtracted and added players) and M&D 21 added players going into 10th grade club season.

Their 2022 teams did the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High school coach with a 4th grade team concept. Makes sense.

They run ISO all the time have for years now. What they picked up in the off season were more ISO players. ISO Players that are not quite as good as the one’s they had already. What they are missing now are middies that can play defense. Defensive Middies a noble concept that every great team has and appreciate.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard