BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
True Annapolis
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Has the new chapter had any affect on the Anne Arundel clubs?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: True Annapolis
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxdcdmv

LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really felt the need to start your own forum, eh? Funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take these as a "no." Very insightful though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I know is they had a good showing and beat looney's; I would be interested in seeing how they do moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I know is they had a good showing and beat looney's; I would be interested in seeing how they do moving forward.

LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO

Looney's at what age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All I know is they had a good showing and beat looney's; I would be interested in seeing how they do moving forward.

What was the score and was it one-sided or a close game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the True Atlantic team which is a different animal all together. An AllStar team that plays on various other club teams. This is like the old ACS team. The True MD teams would not beat Looney's or come close to it. Different players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who beat Looneys? Are you talking about some True National Team playing Orange? Which year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the True Atlantic team which is a different animal all together. An AllStar team that plays on various other club teams. This is like the old ACS team. The True MD teams would not beat Looney's or come close to it. Different players.

And if people are talking about the 23 game, that game was back and forth with Looneys leading several times throughout the game. The final was (IIRC) 9-6 after one of the beast middies on True Atlantic scored 2 or 3 on incredible contested outside shots.

And yeah, none of those kids play on True Annapolis. Although some of them play on the Crabs, as well as at least 4 who play for Looneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long before True starts demanding their Atlantic players start to play for the local chapters? Or before parents make that choice on their own? Sounds like they are making an impact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long before True starts demanding their Atlantic players start to play for the local chapters? Or before parents make that choice on their own? Sounds like they are making an impact.

True Atlantic was VERY clear (explicitly, in writing) that they are not a club replacement team. They expect players to remain with their local club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Atlantic was VERY clear (explicitly, in writing) that they are not a club replacement team. They expect players to remain with their local club team.

If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is very funny. Have you seen the True MD teams? The Crabs, Hawks, Looney kids playing would not play for the old Wolfpack now True MD team. Night and Day. But the funny part about your post is the idea that a club can demand anything? Who runs who? Parents are being asked to play for this team they are not under any pressure whatsoever to move to a bad team in order to make the name on the helmet more relevant. If anything the True True MD parents should be mad none of their kids play on the True All star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth

It's going to get shut down by other clubs. Why would you let your best players play for another team?

The top TriState kid in NJ broke his leg playing for True last spring and missed the entire summer. TriState lost all their top players but one. It sent a very bad message that they would allow their top players to play for another club, people moved to other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth[/quote]
It's going to get shut down by other clubs. Why would you let your best players play for another team?

The top TriState kid in NJ broke his leg playing for True last spring and missed the entire summer. TriState lost all their top players but one. It sent a very bad message that they would allow their top players to play for another club, people moved to other clubs.
[/quote]

True coaches and parents didn't make this thread, I did. I was really just curious if the new chapter had any affect on other clubs in AA county.

But the TriState poster's comment is what I was referring to. It reads as if people were upset at their own club and left because of 1 bad accident? Sounds ridiculous but I was talking about just the local chapter in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not. Very few clubs have the pull (or the year round constant schedule) to demand top players don't play on All Star and/or showcase teams. True Atlantic has (or has had) kids from top programs in Maryland, Long Island, PA and elsewhere.

I'm neither an active True coach or parent. My son did play one tournament on a True "National" team, but doesn't currently. But he was invited to tryout for the True Atlantic team. The registration site was explicit...the team expects kids to remain with and prioritize their current club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not. Very few clubs have the pull (or the year round constant schedule) to demand top players don't play on All Star and/or showcase teams. True Atlantic has (or has had) kids from top programs in Maryland, Long Island, PA and elsewhere.

I'm neither an active True coach or parent. My son did play one tournament on a True "National" team, but doesn't currently. But he was invited to tryout for the True Atlantic team. The registration site was explicit...the team expects kids to remain with and prioritize their current club teams.

My son is a 2024. When is the tryout? anyone know what 2-3 tourneys they are considering in 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth

[/quote]

True coaches and parents didn't make this thread, I did. I was really just curious if the new chapter had any affect on other clubs in AA county.

But the TriState poster's comment is what I was referring to. It reads as if people were upset at their own club and left because of 1 bad accident? Sounds ridiculous but I was talking about just the local chapter in AA.
[/quote]

Just to be very clear, the injury to the tri state player was awful, and he is a great kid, but that is not why the top kids left tri state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture. [/quote]

But what if your kid doesn't and wants that experience? There are really good players on other teams in AA or surrounding counties without the means to play in larger tournaments.

Will switching to True local provide them a leg up? I know the True Baltimore team isn't very good but wonder if the AA county chapter will follow the same path. I don't have any experience in this regard but seems to make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture.

Keep telling yourself that; not every club is run like Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are talking apples and oranges. The True Atlantic kids from 2023 are HS players. Many will play for clubs, HS, UA, USL National team, showcases, NLF is starting a showcase team, and yes an All Star team like True. The clubs do not have the leverage to deny a kid who is really good and want to play more lacrosse. They will not cut a HS kid who plays for a few teams. This has been the case in the past. As far as other kids from AA county who would make True the primary team? Maybe, but not at 2023. True will have to compete with Hawks and others. When clubs start kids at 2nd grade, kids will move several clubs by HS. In some years True may land a strong team. It is mostly about a group of friends and parents who decide to go join the same club together. This has nothing to do with the All star team True Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture. [/quote]

But what if your kid doesn't and wants that experience? There are really good players on other teams in AA or surrounding counties without the means to play in larger tournaments.

Will switching to True local provide them a leg up? I know the True Baltimore team isn't very good but wonder if the AA county chapter will follow the same path. I don't have any experience in this regard but seems to make sense.
[/quote]

As for the top clubs putting their foot down, not necessarily. If it is a kid that they really want, they will let them play for the national teams so long as there is not a conflict. As for the advantage playing for True locally, it may get you a little more exposure with the club, but the majority of the kids on True Atlantic play for other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The True National Atlantic- TNA supplements play for the top more athletic players who want to play with players they competed against during the season to now be on the same team. It may not be for everyone. Then True National Atlantic is an exceptional program with very good coaches from various states. The concept is NOT to take your boys away from playing on their primary club team. Actually it’s pretty clear that your primary club comes first. Having club owners like king crab that demand you play for Crabs only and only his tourneys is a disgrace. Yet he will ask players from different teams to stack his team and his team still loses. Just because you have a so called all star team does not guarantee wins and success. Bring it in NLF. I’m sure king crab is behind it. The TNA 2023 team will beat any NLF team or all star team. Not certain how far the entire TNA program will go but I do know the TNA 2023 team is elite for sure. My son plays for his primary club and then TNA 2023 and all has worked out beautifully for him to play the game with boys throughout the country. Great experience and building friendships. That’s what the game should all be about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the advantage playing for True locally, it may get you a little more exposure with the club, but the majority of the kids on True Atlantic play for other clubs.

No kid on the True Atlantic team (which is only 2023) plays for True Maryland, and none that I know of would play for a possible True Annapolis 2023 team. As for the other True National teams...those teams vary in skill level, and generally attempt to match a team to appropriate tournaments. There have been some very good "Black" (highest level) teams at 2023 over the past few years. "Green" teams have been generally good, although in part against lower level teams. I'm not sure about the Black teams, but True Maryland kids have played on several Green level teams and continue to do so. I think being on the local Maryland (Fallston/Bel Air) or Annapolis teams certainly gives kids a much better chance of making a True National team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The True National Atlantic- TNA supplements play for the top more athletic players who want to play with players they competed against during the season to now be on the same team. It may not be for everyone. Then True National Atlantic is an exceptional program with very good coaches from various states. The concept is NOT to take your boys away from playing on their primary club team. Actually it’s pretty clear that your primary club comes first. Having club owners like king crab that demand you play for Crabs only and only his tourneys is a disgrace. Yet he will ask players from different teams to stack his team and his team still loses. Just because you have a so called all star team does not guarantee wins and success. Bring it in NLF. I’m sure king crab is behind it. The TNA 2023 team will beat any NLF team or all star team. Not certain how far the entire TNA program will go but I do know the TNA 2023 team is elite for sure. My son plays for his primary club and then TNA 2023 and all has worked out beautifully for him to play the game with boys throughout the country. Great experience and building friendships. That’s what the game should all be about.

Time to move on from your son not making the Crabs. Grow up ! You come across as envious and a owner of stock in True. It is High School now and all your moaning and groaning and TNA 2023 being the greatest team ever ( LOL) ,......will be going away this year as talent becomes the number one factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TNA 2023 has Crabs players on the roster.....has since the team was formed.

Crabs players are on TNA 2023...have been since the team formed....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Club Lacrosse Nationals Champions 2026 True National Mid Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Club Lacrosse Nationals Champions 2026 True National Mid Atlantic

Not Annapolis and bad competition. Sorry Annapolis Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad competition??? We beat 3D which is a national team, Stealth FL who was awesome, and the Georgia Tigers. I'd like to see your team beat these three powerhouses in one weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad competition??? We beat 3D which is a national team, Stealth FL who was awesome, and the Georgia Tigers. I'd like to see your team beat these three powerhouses in one weekend.

Was this a baseball tournament, Georgia Tigers & Stealth powerhouses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try LC. Or is this KT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was this a baseball tournament, Georgia Tigers & Stealth powerhouses?

Are you guys talking girls lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True will be 1 and done! Lots of unhappy parents. Total money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True will be 1 and done! Lots of unhappy parents. Total money grab.

"People talk about what they fear"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Madlax fielded a national team in this tournament as well and lost 5-4 in the semi's to the team True National ended up beating 8-1 in the finals. If Madlax is what everyone says they are; which is a top club team/program then I think the True National team has some legitimacy to it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard