BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 143 of 213 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 212 213
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ put out their top 50 2021 Players list, the top 10-15 players seem consistent with every other list put out, after that all these lists seem to be a free for all. Somebody from Wantagh must be putting this list together, 10 players from that one team in a single grad year? They will need to be ranked number one in the country to back that up!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LILJ put out their top 50 2021 Players list, the top 10-15 players seem consistent with every other list put out, after that all these lists seem to be a free for all. Somebody from Wantagh must be putting this list together, 10 players from that one team in a single grad year? They will need to be ranked number one in the country to back that up!

The only lists that matter are the college coaches lists on September 1st. Players and parents will find out how the college coaches rank the player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only lists that matter are the college coaches lists on September 1st. Players and parents will find out how the college coaches rank the player.

Well thought out sentence friend! Agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the combine results be publicized?
I took a look at the girls who made it to this last cut -many were from all over lots of Georgia, California, Illinois...
And the familiar names were sparse...
MidAtlanitc Dad

Yes. They haven't even let the girls know who made it yet. Agree not a lot of MD girls attended, it just wasn't well publicized. There were a lot of familiar names on the last list from LI and New England however.

Only YJ players made it from LI - Fear the Bee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Will the combine results be publicized?
I took a look at the girls who made it to this last cut -many were from all over lots of Georgia, California, Illinois...
MidAtlanitc Dad

Yes. They haven't even let the girls know who made it yet. Agree not a lot of MD girls attended, it just wasn't well publicized. There were a lot of familiar names on the last list from LI and New England however.

Not at U15

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MidAtlanitc Dad

Not at U15

Saw the list and sorry but the usual suspects ie UA/ School Girls/ All County multiple times or US Lax AA did not seem to tryout .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please post the list? Unable to locate anywhere and curious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MidAtlanitc Dad

Not at U15

Saw the list and sorry but the usual suspects ie UA/ School Girls/ All County multiple times or US Lax AA did not seem to tryout .

Almost everyone that made the final team was on an UA Underclass team this summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MidAtlanitc Dad

Not at U15

Almost everyone that made the final team was on an UA Underclass team this summer.

I am really only familiar with the LI players and of the 5 I think 2 made an UA team and only 1 has made an UA team multiple times. I dont believe any were US lacrosse AA but could be wrong as US lacrosse only recognizes the top team and thats the only list I know of.The LI players are all very good but I dont think any are the top players except for 1 .Not sour grapes just an opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MidAtlanitc Dad

Not at U15

Please....I saw maybe one or two girls on both of those teams that would be considered top players. The best girls in those age groups were not on those team lists. Pretty sure they did not even know it was "a thing". Anyone who follows girls lacrosse knows it. Congratulations to the girls who made this team, but keep it in perspective. My daughter was a standout player on UA, and knew nothing about it. Wondering why it was kept such a secret?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't a secret. They stated in a press release nine months ago how they exactly were going to do this. The problem with it was they tied it to the WPLL Regional tryouts. They had those tryouts at horrible times when kids were in school, or had actual other practices we had to attend. There was also a cost that frankly a ton of people were like "yeah not gonna do that" for a WPLL Regional team. From those Regional teams then they chose this list. Many families from our area chose not to go. The main reasons why really great players in our area didn't do it was cost of tryouts and then cost to be a part of WPLL. Also several coaches said it didn't matter, and to focus instead on the season and at best UA.
Also , for another money grab , if you couldn't make the Regional Tryouts you could go To Yale and pay to "be seen" $400.00 and get selected that way. If you had been selected at regionals you didn't have to pay though for the clinic just travel and room/board.
We chose not to participate.
Someone asked a good question on line for the u15 team there are a lot of 2022 grads how is that possible? Bought most u15 was 2023?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't a secret. They stated in a press release nine months ago how they exactly were going to do this. The problem with it was they tied it to the WPLL Regional tryouts. They had those tryouts at horrible times when kids were in school, or had actual other practices we had to attend. There was also a cost that frankly a ton of people were like "yeah not gonna do that" for a WPLL Regional team. From those Regional teams then they chose this list. Many families from our area chose not to go. The main reasons why really great players in our area didn't do it was cost of tryouts and then cost to be a part of WPLL. Also several coaches said it didn't matter, and to focus instead on the season and at best UA.
Also , for another money grab , if you couldn't make the Regional Tryouts you could go To Yale and pay to "be seen" $400.00 and get selected that way. If you had been selected at regionals you didn't have to pay though for the clinic just travel and room/board.
Someone asked a good question on line for the u15 team there are a lot of 2022 grads how is that possible? Bought most u15 was 2023?

Wow, very interesting. Way to grow the game US Lacrosse! Yet another example of how it’s a useless organization!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's really 17&under and 15&under but they call it U15 and U17. A LI 2021 could conceivably be on the U15 team with a fall birthday (i.e. still not quite 16) because of the later school cutoff. My 2020 is still 17 and is age eligible for the dates they gave for U17, though she chose not to try out for a number of reasons. There are several 2020s on U17, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One could be the devils advocate and say that they did grow the game. The excitement generated by the WPLL league was good! Many players probably did inspire a new generation of athletes. For me the issue was the rollout. I suppose they had to find a way to do it and so in their mind tying in the WPLL was they way to do to but at least in our area we had a flawed system. When you have high school coaches making the decisions and not an unbiased recorder you get the list that our region put out. Again though not sour grapes and honestly I don't know how one would even begin to do it! I know the process for baseball and soccer is very different, over a year period and takes in totality of play. This was essentially two tryouts.
Many people who attended the combine had very positive experiences for what it's worth. The u15 list does have a lot of great players so it's not taking away from them at all- but I think when they had that group of 70 and ran them through actual physical testing the field was immediately narrowed.
This is the same argument people have about the UA list every year in regions outside of the Midatlantic. When you have girls who are flying to California and West to make a team even though they live In other states I think that is a process that should be halted for example. In the end it all washes out it can be argued and looking at other sports "stars" at 15 don't always make it to being a star at 19. With the NCAA rules changed although it may give a girl some buzz to be on that list the real work comes over the next 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also heard one you made the list this season you automatically get invited to next year's combine but don't have proof of it. Seems ridiculously flawed in my estimation. Having regional tryouts in the middle of the first month of MidAtlantic play for example is setting everyone up for failure. So what's the best way to do it? I can only go off of what other sports do.
Training centers year round like other sports. No cost to try out. Girls that make it keep getting invited to regional training centers. With all other sports due to the US affiliation they are allowed to participate regardless of club or high school play. . The field is narrowed organically and scouts also go to major tournaments to identify players.
I found it funny that after pushing to roll back NCAA rules they named a u15 team though. That seemed disingenuous and made them no better than the other sports who fought against their rules and encourage early sports specializing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also heard one you made the list this season you automatically get invited to next year's combine but don't have proof of it. Seems ridiculously flawed in my estimation. Having regional tryouts in the middle of the first month of MidAtlantic play for example is setting everyone up for failure. So what's the best way to do it? I can only go off of what other sports do.
Training centers year round like other sports. No cost to try out. Girls that make it keep getting invited to regional training centers. With all other sports due to the US affiliation they are allowed to participate regardless of club or high school play. . The field is narrowed organically and scouts also go to major tournaments to identify players.
I found it funny that after pushing to roll back NCAA rules they named a u15 team though. That seemed disingenuous and made them no better than the other sports who fought against their rules and encourage early sports specializing.

The kids that made the final team are automatically invited back to the national combine next year, not all the girls that were at the combine this year. Caveat of course is that you still have to be age eligible. The 2020s on the U17 can't play next year obviously and any 2021s that were born prior to 9/1/2002 can't play either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m new to BOTC and it’s Instagram postings. I appreciate the content and banter.

Earlier this week on Insta, the clip of Jillian Hooey, is disappointing.

I’m sure there are better highlight videos of her, especially based upon her various accolades, but why put up this clip when it highlights her inability to use her left hand?
Her catch should have been lefty, or after the catch, she should have gone left (split dodge) to have a better shooting opportunity.

Give the girl credit for scoring yes! But put up a better highlight video that provides sound fundamentals. Instead, I see a one dimensional (all right) player in this clip.

Let the fun begin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m new to BOTC and it’s Instagram postings. I appreciate the content and banter.

I’m sure there are better highlight videos of her, especially based upon her various accolades, but why put up this clip when it highlights her inability to use her left hand?
Her catch should have been lefty, or after the catch, she should have gone left (split dodge) to have a better shooting opportunity.

Give the girl credit for scoring yes! But put up a better highlight video that provides sound fundamentals. Instead, I see a one dimensional (all right) player in this clip.

Let the fun begin

Go away troll, your BS is transparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let the fun begin

What's the use for this? You sound like a BUNNY boiler.
I didn't even know who she is, but I liked what I saw when I looked her up, so there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to lacrosse magazine , not only are your 3 amigos all holdbacks but one cant even play in high school this year because she is too old , ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to lacrosse magazine , not only are your 3 amigos all holdbacks but one cant even play in high school this year because she is too old , ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is your Jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Not surprising. US Lacrosse is useless. And prompting cheating hold backs is sad for the sport. Just awful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they are jealous but I understand it. I find it somewhat annoying when people work the system and if all parents decided to hold back their kids to gain an advantage it would get ridiculous. Do you think all parents should hold their kids back to gain an athletic advantage ? Say what you want but these kids would not be getting the attention they are if they played on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can you post the article?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they are jealous but I understand it. I find it somewhat annoying when people work the system and if all parents decided to hold back their kids to gain an advantage it would get ridiculous. Do you think all parents should hold their kids back to gain an athletic advantage ? Say what you want but these kids would not be getting the attention they are if they played on age.

Yes, they would. All are excellent players. There are some people who just can not stand to see other players receive more recognition than their daughter. If you want a reality check simply look at the schools that made / make offers to your daughter and how much athletic money the school offers. If the player is receiving scholarship offers from North Carolina, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse etc... she is most likely a stud. If the offers come from teams that are outside the Top 20 most years the player is most likely not a top tier player.

Congratulations to each and every player who is recognized by Inside Lacrosse, US Lacrosse, Under Armour etc... and shame on all miserable bitter parents who want to attack and tear down these players. Remember, it is not the parent or the player that does the "hyping".

If your daughter was that good she would be recognized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they would. All are excellent players. There are some people who just can not stand to see other players receive more recognition than their daughter. If you want a reality check simply look at the schools that made / make offers to your daughter and how much athletic money the school offers. If the player is receiving scholarship offers from North Carolina, Northwestern, Maryland, Syracuse etc... she is most likely a stud. If the offers come from teams that are outside the Top 20 most years the player is most likely not a top tier player.

Congratulations to each and every player who is recognized by Inside Lacrosse, US Lacrosse, Under Armour etc... and shame on all miserable bitter parents who want to attack and tear down these players. Remember, it is not the parent or the player that does the "hyping".

What a dope you are. The disgusting thing is that people are gaming the system. The majority of there hold-back superstars will disappear in college. That's a fact. Now I have no horse in this race because my daughter is a sophomore. She is not a hardback, and it won't matter to her because she has held her own against seniors since starting on Varsity in 8th grade. These girls may be good players, but they are also cheaters, and everyone knows it! I respect a girl playing up and getting the job done 100% more than a girl playing down because her parents didn't believe in her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a dope you are. The disgusting thing is that people are gaming the system. The majority of there hold-back superstars will disappear in college. That's a fact. Now I have no horse in this race because my daughter is a sophomore. She is not a hardback, and it won't matter to her because she has held her own against seniors since starting on Varsity in 8th grade. These girls may be good players, but they are also cheaters, and everyone knows it! I respect a girl playing up and getting the job done 100% more than a girl playing down because her parents didn't believe in her.

There you go again... just like all of the haters who came before you. Your statement: "The majority of there hold-back superstars will disappear in college. That's a fact." is just not true. The problem is that people like you refuse to believe the truth. What you fail to accept is that these girls did play up when they were in the 8th and 9th grade and they kicked butt. BTW... HS Lacrosse is a joke and it means nothing. Compete on a Top 10 Club team, make Under Armour Underclass , Make School Girls Team 1 and receive multiple offers from Top 10 College Teams then come talk to us.

Tell us all what schools offer scholarships to you little superstar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again... just like all of the haters who came before you. Your statement: "The majority of there hold-back superstars will disappear in college. That's a fact." is just not true. The problem is that people like you refuse to believe the truth. What you fail to accept is that these girls did play up when they were in the 8th and 9th grade and they kicked butt. BTW... HS Lacrosse is a joke and it means nothing. Compete on a Top 10 Club team, make Under Armour Underclass , Make School Girls Team 1 and receive multiple offers from Top 10 College Teams then come talk to us.

Tell us all what schools offer scholarships to you little superstar.

My little on age superstar will receive plenty of offers when she’s of recruiting age, don’t you worry! As for your daughter, if she’s so great, why did you hold her back? A shame that she will always be looked at that way, and you as a helicopter mom. Wonder what you’ll do when she’s in college and you can no longer manipulate the system for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple issues with your post . First it’s pompous to say they would be getting the same amount of attention if they played on age and also disparaging of the top players from the year ahead of them .Simply put if they were in college as freshman this year as they are supposed to be none of them would be a lock for being starters let alone seeing a lot of playing time , obviously you would disagree but would be easy to prove you wrong .
When you say it’s not the parent doing the hyping again I think you are being purposely misleading . Of the 3 you have one who has a relative who essentially runs US lacrosse and many believe this has assured her of many of those accolades , you have another whose job is marketing and is very connected in the lax community doing a tremendous job of making his daughter the most highly acclaimed player in the history of high school lacrosse . Not as familiar with the other one but seems a very good athlete as she has many high level awards in other sports so I will go with just a really good athlete .
Yes I am jealous but more so that I did not have the thought or strength to hold mine back . She had many of those offers you referred to playing on age but you can’t help but think imagine how much easier it would have been to do it against younger players .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple issues with your post . First it’s pompous to say they would be getting the same amount of attention if they played on age and also disparaging of the top players from the year ahead of them .Simply put if they were in college as freshman this year as they are supposed to be none of them would be a lock for being starters let alone seeing a lot of playing time , obviously you would disagree but would be easy to prove you wrong .
When you say it’s not the parent doing the hyping again I think you are being purposely misleading . Of the 3 you have one who has a relative who essentially runs US lacrosse and many believe this has assured her of many of those accolades , you have another whose job is marketing and is very connected in the lax community doing a tremendous job of making his daughter the most highly acclaimed player in the history of high school lacrosse . Not as familiar with the other one but seems a very good athlete as she has many high level awards in other sports so I will go with just a really good athlete .
Yes I am jealous but more so that I did not have the thought or strength to hold mine back . She had many of those offers you referred to playing on age but you can’t help but think imagine how much easier it would have been to do it against younger players .

What he said!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Green is the new black on BOC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

19 is the new 17 in girls high school lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! And helicopter mom is turning into bulldozer mom! Make sure you remove all possible obstacles from your daughter's life, that will carry her far in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no-one commenting what an absolute disaster the President’s Cup was this weekend? A serious drop off for those that attended in Orlando in years past. If it was all about the players, it would’ve still been back at ESPN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! And helicopter mom is turning into bulldozer mom! Make sure you remove all possible obstacles from your daughter's life, that will carry her far in life.

Why do some of you care so much about the decisions made by other?
We worry about our children. We did not hold any of our children back in kindergarten, we did not re-class any of our children and we have not done nor will we do a PG year but We do not care what others do.

It is really funny listening to the BS about "Age" and "Grade". kids in a grade are not all the same age. The December 1st 2002 birthday and the November 30 2002 birthday will be in the same grade but one child is a year older. Different parts of the country have different school cut-off dates, NY is December 1, other states may be September 1. Kids in a grade are not all the same age. It is an advantage to be older so why is it a bad thing if parents choose to give their child an advantage? To each his or her own.

IMHO some of you simply can't take it when other children (players) receive more recognition than your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did you think was a disaster about Presidents Cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year at Presidents Cup. never been to ESPN for any tourneys.
Friday afternoon saw a team at the rental car hall waiting for buses. I hope they made their game! Lines everywhere for everything it being Florida- don't know if Disney would make it any quicker. hurry up and wait!
I just tallied the damage for the weekend - $1500 to fly. We live in the mid Atlantic and this time of year is very expensive to fly to Florida! I know it wont change anything, but I'd rather pay money like that in February not at Thanksgiving when your not staying FL for the holiday. With rental car and hotel this trip was $2000+at Christmas time.
We have the privileges' of not travelling often for lacrosse because lots come to us in the 95 corridor. Is this what its going to cost now that daughter is a recruiting age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do some of you care so much about the decisions made by other?
We worry about our children. We did not hold any of our children back in kindergarten, we did not re-class any of our children and we have not done nor will we do a PG year but We do not care what others do.

It is really funny listening to the BS about "Age" and "Grade". kids in a grade are not all the same age. The December 1st 2002 birthday and the November 30 2002 birthday will be in the same grade but one child is a year older. Different parts of the country have different school cut-off dates, NY is December 1, other states may be September 1. Kids in a grade are not all the same age. It is an advantage to be older so why is it a bad thing if parents choose to give their child an advantage? To each his or her own.

IMHO some of you simply can't take it when other children (players) receive more recognition than your daughter.

We care what other people do because we think the playing field should be level which is why I think travel lax should be based on age not grade like pretty much every other sport. Again if every parent decided to gain an advantage by holding their kid back it would get out of hand and then whats next entering 9th grade as a 15 year old. If as you say its an advantage to be older why did you not hold yours back, amazing to me that you did not want to give your child every advantage you could.

Like Reply Quote
Page 143 of 213 1 2 141 142 143 144 145 212 213
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard