BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 96 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 95 96
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 IMO Rankings-correction
1. Primetime
2.Eclipse
3.Express North Pearsall
4.Preds52-Way
5.Express North Brameier
6. CT Wolves
7.91 TriState
8. Pride
9. Swash2024

Error on my part omitting Preds. They have a strong crew and can move up with strong fall

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Westchester teams are going down to Farmingdale on Nov 17th. Its always good competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is going to be interesting to see what happens with the UA games this summer with this new Nationals thing being launched. It looks like they are trying to address all the many flaws of the UA games. Hopefully they can get it right and make the selection process truly fair and objective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is going to be interesting to see what happens with the UA games this summer with this new Nationals thing being launched. It looks like they are trying to address all the many flaws of the UA games. Hopefully they can get it right and make the selection process truly fair and objective.

Likely to have the same problem with unfair tryouts and political picks. Look at the regions page - Eclipse is the director for the CT tryouts and Primetime is the director for the NY (westchester) tryouts. Express & Team 91 are running the Long Island tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will Primetime update their site with 2020 and 2021 commits? They seem to be really successful.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know any winter indoor leagues that take free agents? Already tried Ultra and Chelsea Piers and got no response. I'm also in contact with house of sports. Just wondering if there are any others. It would be high school level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know any winter indoor leagues that take free agents? Already tried Ultra and Chelsea Piers and got no response. I'm also in contact with house of sports. Just wondering if there are any others. It would be high school level.

House of Sport says they will have a free agent team in HS league though I doubt it but far if you are't in Westchester

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy Colsey is the coach for the eclipse 2022aa team and runs many of the plays through his son. They went 1-2 at the NLF tournament this weekend and did poorly this fall season. In contrast, primetime 2022aa, who kicked Roy Colsey out as coach, went 3-0.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He coaches teams so he can showcase his kids. If you play attack stay away. Middies beware he has his followers and their kids all play. Probably safe if your kids on D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
END OF FALL 2023 IMO Rankings

1. Primetime
2.Eclipse
3.Express North Pearsall
4.2-Way
5.Express North Brameier
6. CT Wolves
7.91 TriState
8. Pride

Primetime still strongrst almost everyone else in this group struggled in fall. Hopefully Football and other fall activities contributed to less play.

2024 IMO Rankings
1. Eclipse Rushton
2. Express North Schreiber
3. Primetime
4. 2-Way
5. Preds
6 91 Tri-State
7. Eclipse AA
8. Exress North Lawrence
8. CT Wolves

24's are starting to sort out. Schreiber team just beat Wolfpack AND Eclipse in fall which is huge but it's fall so let's see how they do in summer. Still think Eclipse is a hair better at full strength but Express North has closed the gap. Primetime still strong and 2-Way is solid. Keep an eye on Tri-State as new additions could gel over summer.

2025 IMO Rankings
1. Express North Morgan
2. Primetime
3. Eclipse
4. Preds
5. 2-Way
6. Express North Potash
7. 91 TS
8. Pride

Morgan keeps top spot barely. Week fall season and Primetime and Eclipse closed the gap. My guess is one or both overtake Morgan after summer. Express North Potash team won an bunch at mid level but still have a steep climb to break top 3-4.Probably strongest Fairfield Express team so far.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy Colsey is the coach for the eclipse 2022aa team and runs many of the plays through his son. They went 1-2 at the NLF tournament this weekend and did poorly this fall season. In contrast, primetime 2022aa, who kicked Roy Colsey out as coach, went 3-0.

Colsey should not be allowed to coach kids!!! he is a cancer and is blinded his kids, Hanford should fire him now before its too late

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like your kid did not play or isn't as good as Roy's. Work harder and stop being a baby. roy is a world class coach who has won at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colsey should not be allowed to coach kids!!! he is a cancer and is blinded his kids, Hanford should fire him now before its too late

Colsey is also a cancer at Superstar and CT Box. Constant club hopping for his kids and turnover of his players. Being bi-polar doesn't help either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as great as he WAS, he does not have the temperament to coach his own children , doesn't make him any less great, but when people are paying tons of money and they are this close to the recruiting age, Roy should not be involved , he has proven that time and time again by trying to run the offense through his children, its quite disgusting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddyball usually doesn’t work during the recruiting years. The coach favors his own son and this hurts the looks for the rest of the offense. Better players from other teams do not join as they know that they will play behind the coach’s kid. Existing players on the team become more trigger happy with bad shots since they have limited playing time or they skip team events to do prospect days and showcases in order to get better looks. Overall team performance suffers and college coaches are less willing to look at a weaker team. Eclipse is shooting themselves in the foot with this problem. Guess they want access to the ridgefield players so they don’t care about the nepotism problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With your comment I can safely say your son will NEVER play at any level in college. Man up and be a father not a mother to your kid. Sheesh....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddyball usually doesn’t work during the recruiting years. The coach favors his own son and this hurts the looks for the rest of the offense. Better players from other teams do not join as they know that they will play behind the coach’s kid. Existing players on the team become more trigger happy with bad shots since they have limited playing time or they skip team events to do prospect days and showcases in order to get better looks. Overall team performance suffers and college coaches are less willing to look at a weaker team. Eclipse is shooting themselves in the foot with this problem. Guess they want access to the ridgefield players so they don’t care about the nepotism problem.

Totally agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With your comment I can safely say your son will NEVER play at any level in college. Man up and be a father not a mother to your kid. Sheesh....

many kids will play in college despite the daddy ball BS that comes with the great Roy- the only ones that will never be able to deal with real life conflicts related to sports are his own kids who have never had to fight for a spot on a team or pay for mistakes made in a game - having your dad protect you at the expense of other kids is just not realistic - talk about manning up, pot calling the kettle black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Handle your own business and stop being a whiny b1tch. You don’t have to have your son play on any team you don’t want to or don’t agree philosophically with. I got a feeling based on your weak posts that your son should give up the college lax dream and crack the open books. At least then there won’t be any nepotism or daddyball to worry about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

many kids will play in college despite the daddy ball BS that comes with the great Roy- the only ones that will never be able to deal with real life conflicts related to sports are his own kids who have never had to fight for a spot on a team or pay for mistakes made in a game - having your dad protect you at the expense of other kids is just not realistic - talk about manning up, pot calling the kettle black

I would agree. Too much coddling Roy gives his kids. He can't develop anyone outside of his own kids. He bounces around and his players quit on him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy is definitely in it for his kids. He doesn't hide it. I personally dont love they guy but my son does so were in as long as my son is. However we are allowed to play on another team. It's our money and our kids are all free agents. Our sons will not die if they don't play for SuperStar Box or Eclipse 2022AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roy is definitely in it for his kids. He doesn't hide it. I personally dont love they guy but my son does so were in as long as my son is. However we are allowed to play on another team. It's our money and our kids are all free agents. Our sons will not die if they don't play for SuperStar Box or Eclipse 2022AA.

here is the issue though- do you know how hard it would be for a kid to leave eclipse 22AA and go to another team at this point in the game? next to impossible for all but the best of the best of the best - so- it really stinks to deal with an ego maniac like this guy who is looking to tee up his boys . yes they can leave- but why should anyone have to deal with this - this is on Hanford, Daniello took care of his business and got rid of him- Hanford should follow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your 100% correct. Reality is only his kids and literally a couple switched to Eclipse. Thats being said I'm sure Primetime is thrilled with the results, Eclipse not so much. Curious to see how long he lasts at Eclipse. They were better last year as Colsey didn't coach his kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons club team ran their first off season training session this weekend. A few Dad's were talking about the current state of local lacrosse, specifically which programs are best, the best players, where would you want your son playing, etc. I was surprised these Dads seemed to agree John Jay and Rye are tops. Has losing Marr really had that much of an impact? Does losing two straight section finals mean they are no longer the dominant program. Growing up in Scarsdale, I was always in awe. Just wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is “they”? I assume you mean Yorktown?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay is moving down to C this year. Pleasantville and Westlake move up to C. Rye moves up to B.

Final 4 each class?
A-
L/P
Pac
Wappingers
Mamaroneck

B-
Town
Rye
Somers
Fox Lane

C-
JJ(CR)
Pleasantville
Westlake
Byram Hills

D-
Briarcliff
Bronxville
Putnam Valley
Haldane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is “they”? I assume you mean Yorktown?

Yes. Scarsdale '92. Yorktown was so dominant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: Yorktown is a Dynasty program. This is a fact and undeniable. Other programs can be good but are are cyclical .That includes JJay with their 2 section1 runs. Things will change soon enough though but Yorktown will ALWAYS as has ALWAYS been there as the program to benchmark against regardless of who coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: Yorktown is a Dynasty program. This is a fact and undeniable. Other programs can be good but are are cyclical .That includes JJay with their 2 section1 runs. Things will change soon enough though but Yorktown will ALWAYS as has ALWAYS been there as the program to benchmark against regardless of who coaches.

I have to agree with your bottomline. Yorktown has a history and tradition that others are trying to match, but we live in a new world. Everyone now plays lacrosse, lotsa fish in that pond. Lets see if John Jay departing gives Yorktown a path out of the section.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I’m not from Y, but I’ve rooted for them since 1985.
I do not follow them intently. I prefer to follow D1.

There is no question about Y’s history, its dominance in Sec 1 and the # of GREAT All-Time players it has produced. But, currently, I believe the biggest issue at Y is that they have not a had a signature WIN, over a top ranked opponent in a very long time.

If the Y faithful could provide the forum with date and score of the last big time win, it could end this debate (or not).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown beat St. Anthony's 2 years ago, don't recall the score. Yorktown will be good this season and very good next year. All of the other programs have really good youth programs so Yorktown does not have that advantage going for it anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt

There is no question about Y’s history, its dominance in Sec 1 and the # of GREAT All-Time players it has produced. But, currently, I believe the biggest issue at Y is that they have not a had a signature WIN, over a top ranked opponent in a very long time.

If the Y faithful could provide the forum with date and score of the last big time win, it could end this debate (or not).

Yorktown was the better team player for player the last two years but couldn't win the big games. Lost to a weaker Ridgefield team, lost to Wilton, Darien....John Jay, the list goes on. Seems like unless they are the overwhelmingly better team, they lose. Hopefully they can turn it around. Great Yorktown teams are fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 4 to 5 really well coached teams with depth within their program. Yorktown is still in that top 5. I will say the best coaches in Section 1 coach for Prime Time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 4 to 5 really well coached teams with depth within their program. Yorktown is still in that top 5. I will say the best coaches in Section 1 coach for Prime Time.

Based on my watching the last two section finals, I think Ytown could use an upgrade. Plenty of better coaches in the section. Plus, I think other programs are just hungrier. My little guy is a freshman and his youth team crushed the Ytown travel team last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt

I think Yorktown needs to focus on winning section 1 before thinking about signature wins or a NYS title. The last few seasons were a major disappointment and we had the players to get it done. Get back to fundamentals and good coaching and forget about All American status, college recruiting and all of the other distractions. Win and the players will find a home in college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on my watching the last two section finals, I think Ytown could use an upgrade. Plenty of better coaches in the section. Plus, I think other programs are just hungrier. My little guy is a freshman and his youth team crushed the Ytown travel team last few years.

Eh, their youth program is fractured and not reflective of what happens at HS level. Somehow when HS rolls around, their teams are VERY strong. But I do agree that, at some point, you'd see some very good young talent in youth travel play, but we also never saw any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is a clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is but he's not associated with Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eh, their youth program is fractured and not reflective of what happens at HS level. Somehow when HS rolls around, their teams are VERY strong. But I do agree that, at some point, you'd see some very good young talent in youth travel play, but we also never saw any.

Town is playing one of the strongest schedules I've in awhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to get some chatter going, gents, or what? Let's start with some 2023 club rankings from this summer where we finally go to witness area clubs banging heads. Hurrah for local competition and play dates.

1. PrimeTime
2. Eclipse
3. Predators
4. 2Way
5. Express North Pearsall
6. CT Wolves
7. Express North Brameier

Outside these top 7, not worth listing other clubs-- major separation

Will someone please start a Westchester vs Fairfield All-Star Game?

Like Reply Quote
Page 69 of 96 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 95 96
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard