BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
True Annapolis
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Has the new chapter had any affect on the Anne Arundel clubs?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: True Annapolis
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxdcdmv

LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really felt the need to start your own forum, eh? Funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take these as a "no." Very insightful though.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I know is they had a good showing and beat looney's; I would be interested in seeing how they do moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All I know is they had a good showing and beat looney's; I would be interested in seeing how they do moving forward.

LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO

Looney's at what age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All I know is they had a good showing and beat looney's; I would be interested in seeing how they do moving forward.

What was the score and was it one-sided or a close game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the True Atlantic team which is a different animal all together. An AllStar team that plays on various other club teams. This is like the old ACS team. The True MD teams would not beat Looney's or come close to it. Different players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who beat Looneys? Are you talking about some True National Team playing Orange? Which year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was the True Atlantic team which is a different animal all together. An AllStar team that plays on various other club teams. This is like the old ACS team. The True MD teams would not beat Looney's or come close to it. Different players.

And if people are talking about the 23 game, that game was back and forth with Looneys leading several times throughout the game. The final was (IIRC) 9-6 after one of the beast middies on True Atlantic scored 2 or 3 on incredible contested outside shots.

And yeah, none of those kids play on True Annapolis. Although some of them play on the Crabs, as well as at least 4 who play for Looneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long before True starts demanding their Atlantic players start to play for the local chapters? Or before parents make that choice on their own? Sounds like they are making an impact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long before True starts demanding their Atlantic players start to play for the local chapters? Or before parents make that choice on their own? Sounds like they are making an impact.

True Atlantic was VERY clear (explicitly, in writing) that they are not a club replacement team. They expect players to remain with their local club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Atlantic was VERY clear (explicitly, in writing) that they are not a club replacement team. They expect players to remain with their local club team.

If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is very funny. Have you seen the True MD teams? The Crabs, Hawks, Looney kids playing would not play for the old Wolfpack now True MD team. Night and Day. But the funny part about your post is the idea that a club can demand anything? Who runs who? Parents are being asked to play for this team they are not under any pressure whatsoever to move to a bad team in order to make the name on the helmet more relevant. If anything the True True MD parents should be mad none of their kids play on the True All star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth

It's going to get shut down by other clubs. Why would you let your best players play for another team?

The top TriState kid in NJ broke his leg playing for True last spring and missed the entire summer. TriState lost all their top players but one. It sent a very bad message that they would allow their top players to play for another club, people moved to other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth[/quote]
It's going to get shut down by other clubs. Why would you let your best players play for another team?

The top TriState kid in NJ broke his leg playing for True last spring and missed the entire summer. TriState lost all their top players but one. It sent a very bad message that they would allow their top players to play for another club, people moved to other clubs.
[/quote]

True coaches and parents didn't make this thread, I did. I was really just curious if the new chapter had any affect on other clubs in AA county.

But the TriState poster's comment is what I was referring to. It reads as if people were upset at their own club and left because of 1 bad accident? Sounds ridiculous but I was talking about just the local chapter in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not. Very few clubs have the pull (or the year round constant schedule) to demand top players don't play on All Star and/or showcase teams. True Atlantic has (or has had) kids from top programs in Maryland, Long Island, PA and elsewhere.

I'm neither an active True coach or parent. My son did play one tournament on a True "National" team, but doesn't currently. But he was invited to tryout for the True Atlantic team. The registration site was explicit...the team expects kids to remain with and prioritize their current club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not. Very few clubs have the pull (or the year round constant schedule) to demand top players don't play on All Star and/or showcase teams. True Atlantic has (or has had) kids from top programs in Maryland, Long Island, PA and elsewhere.

I'm neither an active True coach or parent. My son did play one tournament on a True "National" team, but doesn't currently. But he was invited to tryout for the True Atlantic team. The registration site was explicit...the team expects kids to remain with and prioritize their current club teams.

My son is a 2024. When is the tryout? anyone know what 2-3 tourneys they are considering in 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]If the True coaches and parents making this thread have a message to get out to people, just say it. Stop with the fake back and forth

[/quote]

True coaches and parents didn't make this thread, I did. I was really just curious if the new chapter had any affect on other clubs in AA county.

But the TriState poster's comment is what I was referring to. It reads as if people were upset at their own club and left because of 1 bad accident? Sounds ridiculous but I was talking about just the local chapter in AA.
[/quote]

Just to be very clear, the injury to the tri state player was awful, and he is a great kid, but that is not why the top kids left tri state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture. [/quote]

But what if your kid doesn't and wants that experience? There are really good players on other teams in AA or surrounding counties without the means to play in larger tournaments.

Will switching to True local provide them a leg up? I know the True Baltimore team isn't very good but wonder if the AA county chapter will follow the same path. I don't have any experience in this regard but seems to make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture.

Keep telling yourself that; not every club is run like Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are talking apples and oranges. The True Atlantic kids from 2023 are HS players. Many will play for clubs, HS, UA, USL National team, showcases, NLF is starting a showcase team, and yes an All Star team like True. The clubs do not have the leverage to deny a kid who is really good and want to play more lacrosse. They will not cut a HS kid who plays for a few teams. This has been the case in the past. As far as other kids from AA county who would make True the primary team? Maybe, but not at 2023. True will have to compete with Hawks and others. When clubs start kids at 2nd grade, kids will move several clubs by HS. In some years True may land a strong team. It is mostly about a group of friends and parents who decide to go join the same club together. This has nothing to do with the All star team True Atlantic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top clubs, NLF level, have and more will put their foot down and not allow their players to play for Ture. [/quote]

But what if your kid doesn't and wants that experience? There are really good players on other teams in AA or surrounding counties without the means to play in larger tournaments.

Will switching to True local provide them a leg up? I know the True Baltimore team isn't very good but wonder if the AA county chapter will follow the same path. I don't have any experience in this regard but seems to make sense.
[/quote]

As for the top clubs putting their foot down, not necessarily. If it is a kid that they really want, they will let them play for the national teams so long as there is not a conflict. As for the advantage playing for True locally, it may get you a little more exposure with the club, but the majority of the kids on True Atlantic play for other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The True National Atlantic- TNA supplements play for the top more athletic players who want to play with players they competed against during the season to now be on the same team. It may not be for everyone. Then True National Atlantic is an exceptional program with very good coaches from various states. The concept is NOT to take your boys away from playing on their primary club team. Actually it’s pretty clear that your primary club comes first. Having club owners like king crab that demand you play for Crabs only and only his tourneys is a disgrace. Yet he will ask players from different teams to stack his team and his team still loses. Just because you have a so called all star team does not guarantee wins and success. Bring it in NLF. I’m sure king crab is behind it. The TNA 2023 team will beat any NLF team or all star team. Not certain how far the entire TNA program will go but I do know the TNA 2023 team is elite for sure. My son plays for his primary club and then TNA 2023 and all has worked out beautifully for him to play the game with boys throughout the country. Great experience and building friendships. That’s what the game should all be about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the advantage playing for True locally, it may get you a little more exposure with the club, but the majority of the kids on True Atlantic play for other clubs.

No kid on the True Atlantic team (which is only 2023) plays for True Maryland, and none that I know of would play for a possible True Annapolis 2023 team. As for the other True National teams...those teams vary in skill level, and generally attempt to match a team to appropriate tournaments. There have been some very good "Black" (highest level) teams at 2023 over the past few years. "Green" teams have been generally good, although in part against lower level teams. I'm not sure about the Black teams, but True Maryland kids have played on several Green level teams and continue to do so. I think being on the local Maryland (Fallston/Bel Air) or Annapolis teams certainly gives kids a much better chance of making a True National team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The True National Atlantic- TNA supplements play for the top more athletic players who want to play with players they competed against during the season to now be on the same team. It may not be for everyone. Then True National Atlantic is an exceptional program with very good coaches from various states. The concept is NOT to take your boys away from playing on their primary club team. Actually it’s pretty clear that your primary club comes first. Having club owners like king crab that demand you play for Crabs only and only his tourneys is a disgrace. Yet he will ask players from different teams to stack his team and his team still loses. Just because you have a so called all star team does not guarantee wins and success. Bring it in NLF. I’m sure king crab is behind it. The TNA 2023 team will beat any NLF team or all star team. Not certain how far the entire TNA program will go but I do know the TNA 2023 team is elite for sure. My son plays for his primary club and then TNA 2023 and all has worked out beautifully for him to play the game with boys throughout the country. Great experience and building friendships. That’s what the game should all be about.

Time to move on from your son not making the Crabs. Grow up ! You come across as envious and a owner of stock in True. It is High School now and all your moaning and groaning and TNA 2023 being the greatest team ever ( LOL) ,......will be going away this year as talent becomes the number one factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TNA 2023 has Crabs players on the roster.....has since the team was formed.

Crabs players are on TNA 2023...have been since the team formed....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Club Lacrosse Nationals Champions 2026 True National Mid Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Club Lacrosse Nationals Champions 2026 True National Mid Atlantic

Not Annapolis and bad competition. Sorry Annapolis Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad competition??? We beat 3D which is a national team, Stealth FL who was awesome, and the Georgia Tigers. I'd like to see your team beat these three powerhouses in one weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad competition??? We beat 3D which is a national team, Stealth FL who was awesome, and the Georgia Tigers. I'd like to see your team beat these three powerhouses in one weekend.

Was this a baseball tournament, Georgia Tigers & Stealth powerhouses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try LC. Or is this KT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was this a baseball tournament, Georgia Tigers & Stealth powerhouses?

Are you guys talking girls lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True will be 1 and done! Lots of unhappy parents. Total money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True will be 1 and done! Lots of unhappy parents. Total money grab.

"People talk about what they fear"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Madlax fielded a national team in this tournament as well and lost 5-4 in the semi's to the team True National ended up beating 8-1 in the finals. If Madlax is what everyone says they are; which is a top club team/program then I think the True National team has some legitimacy to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who? I looked for them on the US Lacrosse Top 25 for the 2026 bracket and dont see them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who? I looked for them on the US Lacrosse Top 25 for the 2026 bracket and dont see them

Yeah because those are accurate.....lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

National teams are rarely better than the local club teams. It is not like they have an open tryout with hundred's of players trying out and picked the top players in the nation. It is more like they could not get all the parents of a local club to pay for a winter trip to FL so they combine a team with the parents with the most frequent flyer miles available but these kids may not have ever played together. Beating a "national" team does not mean much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

National teams are rarely better than the local club teams. It is not like they have an open tryout with hundred's of players trying out and picked the top players in the nation. It is more like they could not get all the parents of a local club to pay for a winter trip to FL so they combine a team with the parents with the most frequent flyer miles available but these kids may not have ever played together. Beating a "national" team does not mean much.

Maybe... but dominating Stealth and the GA Tigers does. Those are both top level teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe... but dominating Stealth and the GA Tigers does. Those are both top level teams!

No they aren't. Was there and they both would get worked in Elite HoCO division...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think that they are good wins then just be happy with it...no need to come on the board and crow about it, you know what the reaction is going to be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Teams are all joke.... Complete Money Grab, way to field a team when you want to make $ and don't have enough kids.... Put any National Team in the HOCO Elite Division and they will get destroyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo is right around the corner. Keep telling your boys to focus on development. It’s going to be a great season! It’s the true measuring stick as to how good your team is or is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Teams are all joke.... Complete Money Grab, way to field a team when you want to make $ and don't have enough kids.... Put any National Team in the HOCO Elite Division and they will get destroyed.

HOCO is our summer. Nothing like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True National or Annapolis or Maryland still around? They have zero information on their site related to contact information or schedules or upcoming events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True National or Annapolis or Maryland still around? They have zero information on their site related to contact information or schedules or upcoming events.

Maybe it’s because they are that elite. Don’t call us, we’ll call you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it’s because they are that elite. Don’t call us, we’ll call you.

True is a dumpster fire. One and done! Watch..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True has a solid roster and will be very competitive this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what division?

Little Tykes 3rd tier .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is True Annapolis 2024 playing in the single A bracket at Hogan this spring? I thought it was a AA program according to the thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is True Annapolis 2024 playing in the single A bracket at Hogan this spring? I thought it was a AA program according to the thread.

Not the 24 or 27 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See you guys at 9am on the 15th for Spring Thaw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make the Hawks streak 2 after that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 Spring Thaw first game of True vs Hawks should be a good snap shot of upcoming Hoco season. Will the Hawks basically in tact roster pick up from where they left off last summer? Will the fine compliment of strong players that True picked up in the summer make their first statement mand defeat last year’s Hoco Champ? Win or loose will be the final line but it will be interesting to see how these two strong programs stack up against each other in competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 Spring Thaw first game of True vs Hawks should be a good snap shot of upcoming Hoco season. Will the Hawks basically in tact roster pick up from where they left off last summer? Will the fine compliment of strong players that True picked up in the summer make their first statement mand defeat last year’s Hoco Champ? Win or loose will be the final line but it will be interesting to see how these two strong programs stack up against each other in competition.

Strong players??? Hawks win easily. Elite team vs AAA team. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-9 Diamondbacks plus 3 former Hawks is not what you call strong
Lets remind those Diamondback parents and coaches that Hawks defensemen were playing attack and scoring with long poles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-9 Diamondbacks plus 3 former Hawks is not what you call strong
Lets remind those Diamondback parents and coaches that Hawks defensemen were playing attack and scoring with long poles

The 2026 Hawks are the Cobra Kai Dojo from the original “Karate Kid” movie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is USS joining True this year or next? ie is USS having their own tryouts or will it be True?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is USS joining True this year or next? ie is USS having their own tryouts or will it be True?

I dont think the Eastern Shore rec kids that True beat up on yesterday will be trying out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think the Eastern Shore rec kids that True beat up on yesterday will be trying out

Where else are they going to find competition similar to their summer tournament schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age was that? I thought USS and True were still separate entities until next year(?).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm the True Annapolis teams will be their "A" teams and the True shore teams (former USS) will be the "B" teams? I heard this from a notoriously unreliable source.

If true, why Annapolis? I don't understand the True philosophy, there aren't enough elite kids to have 4-5 teams from one club in MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm the True Annapolis teams will be their "A" teams and the True shore teams (former USS) will be the "B" teams? I heard this from a notoriously unreliable source.

If true, why Annapolis? I don't understand the True philosophy, there aren't enough elite kids to have 4-5 teams from one club in MD.

Familiarize yourself with what Multi-level marketing means

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even without the cynical take re: $$$ (totally valid), it doesn't make sense from a lacrosse standpoint.

None of it makes sense. But hey, at least their kids can prance around in "True National Prospect" pinnies even if they can't make the only A team in Annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even without the cynical take re: $$$ (totally valid), it doesn't make sense from a lacrosse standpoint.

None of it makes sense. But hey, at least their kids can prance around in "True National Prospect" pinnies even if they can't make the only A team in Annapolis.

Outside of the USS teams I haven't seen any of the True teams that are above A play in tournament in MD. for better or worse they seem to be filling a hole in the South and East MD area of full year select teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I for one, feel bad for the families who bought into the True Annapolis debacle. Some folks will believe anything you tell them I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I for one, feel bad for the families who bought into the True Annapolis debacle. Some folks will believe anything you tell them I guess.

Some folks have nowhere left to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heck, True Annapolis withdrew from Summer Exposure AA for worry of being totally embarrassed and were replaced by True’s premiere club out of Illinois. The result? Illinois True went 1 and 3. Had Annapolis not withdrawn would they have been able to keep their losses under 5 or 10 points per game based upon the performance of the team they shipped in from the mid-west?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis was a short sighted venture and will not last. True DC would have been much smarter to compliment True Balto and True Eastern Shore (in their defense DC is still an expansion plan, but should have focused on that). They are not going to poach any of the legit Hawks players which was their idea. They will only get kids cut from Hawks or some backups looking for larger roles. Really they should just make one True MD and then focus on their next venture...Philly area where talent is so spread out and they could consolidate and actually rule an area other than Illinois.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis was a short sighted venture and will not last. True DC would have been much smarter to compliment True Balto and True Eastern Shore (in their defense DC is still an expansion plan, but should have focused on that). They are not going to poach any of the legit Hawks players which was their idea. They will only get kids cut from Hawks or some backups looking for larger roles. Really they should just make one True MD and then focus on their next venture...Philly area where talent is so spread out and they could consolidate and actually rule an area other than Illinois.

Fair! The one thing you can't find on their site is what the cost will be. Hawks, 91,... has that listed very easily (not a hawks parent btw).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait till Mesa shows up and dilutes club lacrosse even more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they're already here trying to steal county fields by pretending to be green hornets. Be real, start a real club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they're already here trying to steal county fields by pretending to be green hornets. Be real, start a real club.
Mesa will fail as their "main" teams up in Haverford, PA, aren't even any good. Nostrant should just start a new club in Maryland and not try to expand the Mesa brand which carries no weight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa will fail as their "main" teams up in Haverford, PA, aren't even any good. Nostrant should just start a new club in Maryland and not try to expand the Mesa brand which carries no weight.

Agreed and stating on your website "Maryland's & Pennsylvania's Premiere Lacrosse Club" doesn't make you that. Their Mesa Futures 2027 did well at summer exposure but in general I don't hear about their teams or see them at events like NAL.
The joke on severna park will come as they recruit kids outside of Severna Park while using up their valuable time, space and money. Oh and watch your kid not play anymore after paying 2G.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Green Hornets kids in my kid's class are trying out for the Hawks as the Mesa thing isn't going smoothly. Apparently 5-7 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck with that. I have seen both teams play and even the top 5 on mesa will have a hard time cracking the hawks roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not try out for True Annapolis then? The 2024 team needs players. There is honestly a lot of talent on this squad. The players/parents/coaches are friendly and welcoming too, which seems to be rare around here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based upon the Hawks website they are planning 2 teams for 2026. My guess is the Mesa and True players will make up the core of the 2nd team, which would be a great place for those boys to learn the game and position themselves for the possibility to make their A team at some point in the future. My guess is simply getting into the Hawks organization is a big step up from True and Mesa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based upon the Hawks website they are planning 2 teams for 2026. My guess is the Mesa and True players will make up the core of the 2nd team, which would be a great place for those boys to learn the game and position themselves for the possibility to make their A team at some point in the future. My guess is simply getting into the Hawks organization is a big step up from True and Mesa.
I am not involved with any of these teams mentioned, but as a coach and former club director I'd be careful of joining a 2nd team at an age group. In most cases I think it is better to be on the A team (assuming good coaches of course) of a lesser organization than the B team of a more successful club. If you are on top team and have success you can always apply for AA or A brackets whereas that won't happen as a 2nd team. The promise of eventually moving up rarely happens as the club is more likely to find an outsider to slide onto the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heck, True Annapolis withdrew from Summer Exposure AA for worry of being totally embarrassed and were replaced by True’s premiere club out of Illinois. The result? Illinois True went 1 and 3. Had Annapolis not withdrawn would they have been able to keep their losses under 5 or 10 points per game based upon the performance of the team they shipped in from the mid-west?

True Illinois may have gone 1-3, but the losses were to three extremely good teams, losing by three to the Hawks and by one to BLC and VLC. True Illinois are the real deal and there’s no shame in how they performed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Illinois may have gone 1-3, but the losses were to three extremely good teams, losing by three to the Hawks and by one to BLC and VLC. True Illinois are the real deal and there’s no shame in how they performed.

How about just showing up with your MD team and leave the dog and pony show in IL. The using 20 kids from 20 different teams to play against standard club teams like BLC, VLC and Hawks is as bad as using holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re absolutely right about the 2nd teams. It’s hard to find coaches, and the rosters seem much more fluid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True reigned supreme this weekend. Only lost one and it was a close game. Score differential for the weekend was 25 - 8. It all gelled in the last two weeks. Club should be placed in Elite at HOCO as they will win their fair share vs Hawks, 91, Madlax and Loonies. Team is rising to the top ahead of schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 team was 4-0 at NXT Cup. They won by impressive margins each time. Probably should've been in the AA division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True re 2024. I was speaking of the play of 2026 this weekend. Really played great. All came together this weekend. Dominated the teams they beat and lost a close one to PA RR, which is an elite team. True 2026 is on the cusp of greatness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True re 2024. I was speaking of the play of 2026 this weekend. Really played great. All came together this weekend. Dominated the teams they beat and lost a close one to PA RR, which is an elite team. True 2026 is on the cusp of greatness.
I like the confidence (and congrats on a strong weekend), but not I don't think you are quite on the cusp. We've played PA RR multiple times and I wouldn't call them Elite (if you mean they'd play HoCo Elite then I agree, but they'd be middle of the pack...definitely not a nationally elite team). If True wants to be elite, you can't lose to any PA teams, even the best of their bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is True Annapolis 2026 folding or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone let True Dad know that just because RR puts Elite at the end of their team name doesn’t make them elite. Congratulations on pulling it all together and playing well in another B level tournament. Which where you should he playing. They’re definitely on the cusp of superior mediocrity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone let True Dad know that just because RR puts Elite at the end of their team name doesn’t make them elite. Congratulations on pulling it all together and playing well in another B level tournament. Which where you should he playing. They’re definitely on the cusp of superior mediocrity.
It's all relative I guess...Elite in PA is same as avg in MD. Maybe True should drop Annapolis and start a PA team so they can say they are best in state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of any coaching changes for the 2026 team? I see they have several teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the 28 True tryouts? How are they going to do chesapeake vs. annapolis with respect to A/B teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from 26 staff regarding what team their son is playing for. My son tried out and we have not heard. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from 26 staff regarding what team their son is playing for. My son tried out and we have not heard. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

It ain't good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It ain't good.
Wait, there's a 2026 B team? The A team was hardly competitive this summer, how can any parent consider putting their son on a True B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis is a money grab at best. Go back west of Mississippi and continue running youth clinics. Terribly unorganized and completely out of touch with the mid Atlantic market. Many other great clubs In the area to consider rather than settle on True..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the AYLC coach leaves. He goes to True with a couple of his core players. AYLC now has no 2026 team. Funny how this great coach keeps bouncing around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me see if I clearly see the picture. The business men that run True have a vision that they can bring a superior program to Annapolis. To accomplish this they infiltrate Diamondback coaching staff and recruit players from inside the organization causing that 2026 program to implode. After a mediocre season at best vs B level competition they know they need to do something or all their best players will walk. Answer? Find another Diamondback scenario called AYLC and recruit from within. Yet another long time program dies to support the falsity that is True(ly) a $ grab. Did I get this right or are my facts inaccurate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there really a True B team? My advice is stay clear. Moneymaker for the program but rarely a good experience for the kids and families You are much better off finding a program where their best or only team in the age group is the right fit for your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me see if I clearly see the picture. The business men that run True have a vision that they can bring a superior program to Annapolis. To accomplish this they infiltrate Diamondback coaching staff and recruit players from inside the organization causing that 2026 program to implode. After a mediocre season at best vs B level competition they know they need to do something or all their best players will walk. Answer? Find another Diamondback scenario called AYLC and recruit from within. Yet another long time program dies to support the falsity that is True(ly) a $ grab. Did I get this right or are my facts inaccurate?

But they train more so it will be okay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't make this stuff up. They were even offering roster spots before tryouts. Yikes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't make this stuff up. They were even offering roster spots before tryouts. Yikes!

The Club hoppers are a funny bunch. So desperately want to be on an Elite team they blindly follow these coaches and end up on a multi level marketing team $$$ promising everything and delivering nothing. #trueon2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STAY AWAY its a joke , huge mistake , field issues , adding players to rosters , coaching issues , bad decision on my part .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually spot on.

You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the buzz in the lacrosse community it appears that while the pig lost a few pounds and got a Revlon kit it is even uglier then last year’s prom. Appears the new roster might be subtraction through addition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is their really good goalie went to BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"subtraction through addition" - excellent phrase, I plan to borrow it. My son's team just finished tryouts and their buzzword (fortunately) is the opposite.

But before we bash True too badly, let's wait and see them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"subtraction through addition" - excellent phrase, I plan to borrow it. My son's team just finished tryouts and their buzzword (fortunately) is the opposite.

Which True B team did your son finally make?? 🤦‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not B, and not True but thanks for asking!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? True is a money grab disguising itself as a lacrosse Club. They have had a good team here and there out of to many to count. The Club is the place for players that could not make any top club in area, .True thrives on the parents of players below elite status that wants to tell the neighbors, his son is playing elite. Not bad marketing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? True is a money grab disguising itself as a lacrosse Club. They have had a good team here and there out of to many to count. The Club is the place for players that could not make any top club in area, .True thrives on the parents of players below elite status that wants to tell the neighbors, his son is playing elite. Not bad marketing

True makes its money they way you say above. It makes its reputation of national teams using kids from other clubs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True makes its money they way you say above. It makes its reputation of national teams using kids from other clubs!

I guess. If running around the country beating up on weak competition under the guise of "National Tournaments" helps your reputation then so be it. But again, they pad their pockets with the dense dumbs who fall for it.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

TRUE will hold open tryouts every year for their teams, unlike the ELITES who will hold tryouts for maybe 3 positions available and just collect all the registration fees. Once in HS, TRUE teams don't have daddy ball like some of the ELITES do. TRUE while being young in the DMV area will be around for some time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dogpile

TRUE will hold open tryouts every year for their teams, unlike the ELITES who will hold tryouts for maybe 3 positions available and just collect all the registration fees. Once in HS, TRUE teams don't have daddy ball like some of the ELITES do. TRUE while being young in the DMV area will be around for some time.

Is it #wetrainmore or #wewaitforhighschoolmore

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
.[/quote]

Is it #wetrainmore or #wewaitforhighschoolmore[/quote]

No, it’s #truthhurts, #worryaboutyourclub

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dogpile

Is it #wetrainmore or #wewaitforhighschoolmore[/quote]

No, it’s #truthhurts, #worryaboutyourclub[/quote]

You're right. It's not fair to pick on the less fortunate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK.. So True Annapolis is dicking around with the 2024s. Three tryouts and still no team announcement. We are new here from the Midwest (military family), and my son needs somewhere to play. He’s not an elite kid, but he’s smart, hardworking, versatile (plays D, LSM, D-Mid, and Mid), and quick. Any idea of whom we should reach out to for a tryout this late in the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AYLC is still having tryouts.please go to youthlax.org Mark McNeill of the pll is the coach for the 24s. We are not an elite club nor do we try to be. We compete at the talent level we have and we teach the kids the game of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AYLC is still having tryouts. If interested in details please go to youthlax.org Mark McNeill of the pll is the coach for the 24s. We are not an elite club nor do we try to be. We compete at the talent level we have and we teach the kids the game of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK.. So True Annapolis is dicking around with the 2024s. Three tryouts and still no team announcement. We are new here from the Midwest (military family), and my son needs somewhere to play. He’s not an elite kid, but he’s smart, hardworking, versatile (plays D, LSM, D-Mid, and Mid), and quick. Any idea of whom we should reach out to for a tryout this late in the game?

Rockfish and Cannons still have one day of tryouts left. If that doesn't work try looking at websites and roster sizes to see if teams might need an additional player. Communicate your situation about moving to the area. Good luck with your search.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ALC is still having tryouts. If interested please go to youthlax.org Mark McNeill of the PLL is the coach for the 24s. We are not an elite club nor do we try to be. We compete at the appropriate level for the team and we teach the kids the game of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMG_1994.png

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rockfish and Cannons still have one day of tryouts left. If that doesn't work try looking at websites and roster sizes to see if teams might need an additional player. Communicate your situation about moving to the area. Good luck with your search.
Thank you for the reply. I noticed that the head of Rockfish is also the coach at Old Mill HS, which my son will attend this year. Probably a good idea to get in contact with them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is very helpful - thank you! Is there any one club that stands out among those suggested in terms of coaching, sportsmanship etc.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which True teams are their A teams and B teams? 25, 26 , 27? Annapolis or Chessie? Been awful quiet lately. Will folks drop $4k to $5k extra to send their kid to Fla and Col this year for True National or simply overpay for their local B level team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are Breakers still having to go to all their own Aloha tournaments? Great for Director, ready teams filling C rated tourneys. Profit off teams and profit of tourneys !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(person who asked the question about tryouts here). Honestly, after watching the mid Atlantic competition this summer, a MD A level club is probably the right place for my son. We're giving the ALC a try today. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to your son!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to your son!

Thank you! He had a great tryout with ALC, and just found out he made the team. 2024 coach seems very solid. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word which True team: Annapolis or Chesie will be the A team or B team? I have heard they are forming a 2026 showcase team called True Maryland that will cull the top players from True Baltimore, True Annap and True Chesie clubs with the intention to totally dominate both 2026 MD lacrosse and the east coast tournament circuit. Can’t wait to see the cream rise when it hits full stride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Baltimore just took over Kelly Post, so now the team will be True KP. Anyone know what’s going on there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word which True team: Annapolis or Chesie will be the A team or B team? I have heard they are forming a 2026 showcase team called True Maryland that will cull the top players from True Baltimore, True Annap and True Chesie clubs with the intention to totally dominate both 2026 MD lacrosse and the east coast tournament circuit. Can’t wait to see the cream rise when it hits full stride.

I'm interested to hear about what happens to True in general but it's super confusing. Like Annapolis vs. Chesapeake, A vs, B, who are the coaches? What is the word on a showcase team?

BTW - No way a True Showcase team at 26 dominates the summer in its first year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Baltimore just took over Kelly Post, so now the team will be True KP. Anyone know what’s going on there?

I heard that it was not a "takeover". True is just going to get paid to run some clinics for KP kids and coaches (?). I'm sure the True coaches will be keeping an eye out for kids they can recruit away during those clinics. laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that it was not a "takeover". True is just going to get paid to run some clinics for KP kids and coaches (?). I'm sure the True coaches will be keeping an eye out for kids they can recruit away during those clinics. laugh

True will definitely be getting players from KP. True Baltimore is run well and has the resources to succeed in the Baltimore market. I could easily see a Looney's eventually merging with True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is like a cancer. It enters a market, wrecks a few legacy programs and then starts expanding by merging with b level programs at which time it ups the cost to play to equal that of A programs to further line the pockets of a few. Parents lose out as they dump good money down the drain out of a sense of “providing every opportunity for their son”. First cell to die from the True cancer was Diamondbacks where many promises were made. Most of the stronger players left to greener pasture after year one and others were either pissed or weaker players happy to be on a “club team”. In order to reload the roster the cancer takes over AYLC. Seeing the writing on the wall many of this best players split. No care, there are enough bodies to create a truly weak B team that pay full cash. The cancer will continue to spread each year as those with options leave for greener pasture and new “payers” are added who’s parents are willing to pay full freight whether it be for a weak “a” team, b team or c team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is like a cancer. It enters a market, wrecks a few legacy programs and then starts expanding by merging with b level programs at which time it ups the cost to play to equal that of A programs to further line the pockets of a few. Parents lose out as they dump good money down the drain out of a sense of “providing every opportunity for their son”. First cell to die from the True cancer was Diamondbacks where many promises were made. Most of the stronger players left to greener pasture after year one and others were either pissed or weaker players happy to be on a “club team”. In order to reload the roster the cancer takes over AYLC. Seeing the writing on the wall many of this best players split. No care, there are enough bodies to create a truly weak B team that pay full cash. The cancer will continue to spread each year as those with options leave for greener pasture and new “payers” are added who’s parents are willing to pay full freight whether it be for a weak “a” team, b team or c team.

doesn't wreck the clubs they absorb, they were already on the decline. True steps in and provides non parent coaching to the HS teams while also providing additional opportunities to play on state, regional and national teams. It will take some time for them to start attracting higher end talent, but it will eventually happen. Not every kid can or wants to play for Crabs, FCA, Looneys or Hawks. Fees are probably less than the four mentioned clubs and many other clubs locally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only person I knew there who has Division 1 exp was L.C. and he doesn't seem involved in MD anymore. That seems a big gap there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doesn't wreck the clubs they absorb, they were already on the decline. True steps in and provides non parent coaching to the HS teams while also providing additional opportunities to play on state, regional and national teams. It will take some time for them to start attracting higher end talent, but it will eventually happen. Not every kid can or wants to play for Crabs, FCA, Looneys or Hawks. Fees are probably less than the four mentioned clubs and many other clubs locally.

The 2026 team parents would like a word with you about your "non parent coaching"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The 2026 team parents would like a word with you about your "non parent coaching"

I believe he said HS Teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

reading comprehension " provides non parent coaching to the HS teams" 2026 is 7th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

reading comprehension " provides non parent coaching to the HS teams" 2026 is 7th grade.

If you believe what they are selling you at this point then you deserve it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of the Bay Champions!!! Where was Hawks and why dont they play in a tournament in their own back yard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you believe what they are selling you at this point then you deserve it!

Seeing it. High School teams have non parent coaches. 7th grade may still have them, I don’t know. High School teams are non parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of the Bay Champions!!! Where was Hawks and why dont they play in a tournament in their own back yard

They wanted to give True MD a chance to play and not have to call their big sister in IL to come cover for them like Summer Exposure. You should be thankful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scared, obviously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this back and forth between 2026 True and Hawks. Since you practice within 5 miles of each other why don’t you take 45 minutes at a practice in the next month and scrimmage one another? Issue will be settled once and for all. Heck if you post the dare and time of the scrimmage I will drive down from Towson to watch the fireworks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this back and forth between 2026 True and Hawks. Since you practice within 5 miles of each other why don’t you take 45 minutes at a practice in the next month and scrimmage one another? Issue will be settled once and for all. Heck if you post the dare and time of the scrimmage I will drive down from Towson to watch the fireworks.

While I'm sure the True 2026 kids try their hardest I wouldn't expect them to be even close to taking on the Hawks team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably because because its a crappy B level tournament is my guess. They'd be better off doing an inter squad scrimmage, it would be more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Knowing several parents on both teams, there is no back and forth. It is a troll who is stirring the pot. It would not be worth the 5 minutes for either team involved. You don't see The Chiefs scrimmaging Appalachian State for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So... I am a slightly offended Dad of a True 26 player. I assume you are comparing True to Appalachian State and the Hawks to the Chiefs. With the progress we made last year and Fall additions I believe we could compete well against the Hawks. Certainly better then AS versus an NFL team. So on behalf of our team our guys will play the Hawks any day and place of their choosing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am 99% sure this is a troll stirring the pot. But if you are serious, why not leave the scheduling to the program directors and not parents challenging each other like kids on a playground? The teams will have plenty of chances to play each other in Hoco, tournaments, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am 99% sure this is a troll stirring the pot. But if you are serious, why not leave the scheduling to the program directors and not parents challenging each other like kids on a playground? The teams will have plenty of chances to play each other in Hoco, tournaments, etc.

Let us know when you show up and win anything elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

internet tough guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So... I am a slightly offended Dad of a True 26 player. I assume you are comparing True to Appalachian State and the Hawks to the Chiefs. With the progress we made last year and Fall additions I believe we could compete well against the Hawks. Certainly better then AS versus an NFL team. So on behalf of our team our guys will play the Hawks any day and place of their choosing.

Just don't call your big sister in again like you did at Summer Exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven't won anything in Elite, nor in any division, because I don't play youth lacrosse. But my son's team has won plenty.

Not connected with True or Hawks, I was just commenting on the silliness of parents challenging opposing teams to games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on, dad. You don't really want that do you? You have some good players. I have no doubt that even 1 or 2 could make the Hawks team. But there is no comparison here. Apples to oranges... or Appalachians to Chiefs if you will.
Ignore the trolls, focus on your team/kid, and keep celebrating your B tournament wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suspect that the "offended Dad" is himself a troll, and he hooked you good, condescending Hawks Dad of holdback!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t imagine the frustration and near depression the 2026 True parents are trying to manage after going 0 for the day in Delaware. A lot of dollars spent only to have many parents deeply disappointed by the outcome. What program will management “takeover” this year to add new hope to their overpriced attempt at mediocrity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t imagine the frustration and near depression the 2026 True parents are trying to manage after going 0 for the day in Delaware. A lot of dollars spent only to have many parents deeply disappointed by the outcome. What program will management “takeover” this year to add new hope to their overpriced attempt at mediocrity?

Thanks Hawks dad; appreciate the insight as always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Hawks dad. I am a parent of an older player from the Diamondbacks that is still appalled at the sneakiness and dishonesty True embraced to undermined that 2026 program. As they say you rep what you sow. And when you reap a greed machine at the expense of another this is the disorganized mess that you wind up with. Last year’s effort that included practicing on an overgrown with grass 1/2 field that doubled as a church overflow parking lot drove out the first wave of talent that bought into the false True hype. It’s only a matter of time that others will shop for a better place to play as the losses pile up and management enrolls in B tournaments to improve the optics that they can compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why all the detest but it's youth sports. At the end of the day if your kid is having fun and getting thats all that matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why all the detest but it's youth sports. At the end of the day if your kid is having fun and getting thats all that matters.

TRUE. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree that all of the "detest" is a bit hard to understand. The vast majority of travel programs charge a lot of money and deliver an imperfect product. Who feels so threatened by this team, and why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree that all of the "detest" is a bit hard to understand. The vast majority of travel programs charge a lot of money and deliver an imperfect product. Who feels so threatened by this team, and why?

#wedrainmore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#wedrainmore

the problem is broken promises. You had teams that migrated over, didn't get proper coaching as promised and not enough training as teams. That drained talent from non-profit teams and is not helping grow the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUE. lol
I lol’d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason True Annapolis can't play in their own backyard against other local teams next weekend and they are bringing in regional ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An even better question. If you bring in your all star teams why don’t you take a crack at the Hawks? To avoid that game and have two True teams play one another is plain silly. Now you know why the dude busts True’s chops all the time. Hawks are your neighborhood rival and you simply will not play them. The detest guy has his posts justified by the actions of the team. Lol...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can share as a parent of a 2025 True Atlantic player, that the only reason they are in these two tournaments this weekend is due to the cancellation of multiple other tourneys they were scheduled to play in during the past several months.(Lake Placid, Trilogy (CT) and one other that I can't remember the name of that was scheduled during the NCAA Final 4 in Philly). Parents that had registered were guaranteed 3 tourneys and they are trying to honor that. Also, once fall lacrosse started, they didn't want to mess with the local club schedules. I am very transparent and will say there is some talent on the teams, but I don't like the National title. Most of the boys come from 2-3 clubs and haven't played as a unit since January and I honestly feel that many of the local club teams are better than the "National" Teams. As far as scheduling who they play, I have no say in that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can share as a parent of a 2025 True Atlantic player, that the only reason they are in these two tournaments this weekend is due to the cancellation of multiple other tourneys they were scheduled to play in during the past several months.(Lake Placid, Trilogy (CT) and one other that I can't remember the name of that was scheduled during the NCAA Final 4 in Philly). Parents that had registered were guaranteed 3 tourneys and they are trying to honor that. Also, once fall lacrosse started, they didn't want to mess with the local club schedules. I am very transparent and will say there is some talent on the teams, but I don't like the National title. Most of the boys come from 2-3 clubs and haven't played as a unit since January and I honestly feel that many of the local club teams are better than the "National" Teams. As far as scheduling who they play, I have no say in that.

A much needed post. Thank you for the info. Hopefully you have shut some up. Good luck this weekend to your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A much needed post. Thank you for the info. Hopefully you have shut some up. Good luck this weekend to your team.

No one is shut up, they are busy laughing True and the amount of BS you suckers buy from the guys cashing the checks. I see you guys have paid up to level 2 on the MLM pyramid. One more step you get a free hat for 6K. You can't compete in your own backyard with local teams so to save embarrassment they feed you this BS and you buy it because it makes you feel good. #weduckmore #duckontwo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is shut up, they are busy laughing True and the amount of BS you suckers buy from the guys cashing the checks. I see you guys have paid up to level 2 on the MLM pyramid. One more step you get a free hat for 6K. You can't compete in your own backyard with local teams so to save embarrassment they feed you this BS and you buy it because it makes you feel good. #weduckmore #duckontwo

6K..... what are you talking about? My older son played for one of the top 2020 clubs and now my younger plays for a True Baltimore team. True Baltimore is cheaper than my older sons club was, nowhere near 6K. Sorry your club folded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6K..... what are you talking about? My older son played for one of the top 2020 clubs and now my younger plays for a True Baltimore team. True Baltimore is cheaper than my older sons club was, nowhere near 6K. Sorry your club folded.[/quote]

True Baltimore = Wolfpack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6K..... what are you talking about? My older son played for one of the top 2020 clubs and now my younger plays for a True Baltimore team. True Baltimore is cheaper than my older sons club was, nowhere near 6K. Sorry your club folded.

True Baltimore = Wolfpack[/quote]

Wolfpack, Looneys, FCA. Rock, Mavricks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack, Looneys, FCA. Rock, Mavricks[/quote]

What does that even mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack, Looneys, FCA. Rock, Mavricks

What does that even mean?[/quote]

some kids from those clubs went to True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What percent of players from True Annapolis play on True Mid-Atlantic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about the "original" True Mid-Atlantic team at 2023, zero is the most likely answer. That is the same for other True Maryland teams as well.

I'm not sure about how True is handling other years with their True Mid-Atlantic versus their other "National" teams. I know that the "National" teams are now only kids who play on local True clubs. That rule certainly doesn't apply to the 2023 Mid-Atlantic team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about the "original" True Mid-Atlantic team at 2023, zero is the most likely answer. That is the same for other True Maryland teams as well.

I'm not sure about how True is handling other years with their True Mid-Atlantic versus their other "National" teams. I know that the "National" teams are now only kids who play on local True clubs. That rule certainly doesn't apply to the 2023 Mid-Atlantic team.

True Mid-Atlantic is an invite, kids can be from any club. True National is only for True club players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see we have waved goodbye to shame at local tournaments and not only brought in Regional Teams. Had to combine different regional teams. Any port in a storm to save face on the East Coast at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see we have waved goodbye to shame at local tournaments and not only brought in Regional Teams. Had to combine different regional teams. Any port in a storm to save face on the East Coast at this point.
2025 had two kids over 6'3" with size and speed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did I miss?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True was a debacle. '25-'27 is a joke. Low B-level teams abound. Lots of hype but buyers beware. You're much better off sticking with a local program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True was a debacle. '25-'27 is a joke. Low B-level teams abound. Lots of hype but buyers beware. You're much better off sticking with a local program.

Hawks dad coming to vent on another thread; LOL you seriously need help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh? MY sons played for Hereford LC, before making the mistake of switching to True. Now hoping I can get back in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s pretty funny that there is a lot of shade thrown about youth lacrosse. Any “club team” out there is out to make a buck, come on now. If anyone on this chat who wants to bash any “youth” team needs to get a life. Here’s a real question for you helicopter parents out there who says that you should only play for the local teams. Why are you not petitioning your state youth sport authorities to ban any club teams holding competition during the spring? Bring back the Rec model full circle and youth players cannot play club during the spring only play during the summer. Instead of having “Hawks”, PLC ect you have AYLA, or does it matter to your son that you say he’s elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm all for rec but AACO screwed that up by making 20 divisions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple fix! Get involved! Every person on here has great intentions but if you were all in this for the development of lacrosse, actions speak louder than words!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple fix! Get involved! Every person on here has great intentions but if you were all in this for the development of lacrosse, actions speak louder than words!

The problem is the area and many areas have the room for a solid club lacrosse program. When other programs move in and start trying to take over under the disguise of club lacrosse and are selling parents more on "you can say your kid plays club" vs programs like Crabs, Hawks, Looneys, Madlax, BLC. Established dominant programs where a lot of kids can't make it. Those are elite clubs and should be considered club lacrosse playing year round. Elite talent that wants to play year round deserves that. These owners and directors have worked extremely hard to build a quality product. They didn't plop trough in town and say, give me a check and I'll put your kid on a "club team" so you can play club. Then sit back and laugh while it failed and they still got paid. There is a reason you hardly see B teams for Crabs and Hawks. They could have 4 teams at each age, but the focus is not on money, it's on building a solid team. So the simple fix would be limiting the number of clubs and allowing kids that don't make one of those teams to develop in rec programs. But the True's and Mesa's and whoever knows what's next would not like that I suspect. Until you get rid of club teams that are really rec teams and parents keep paying, this is a lost cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Open my pc this morning and their is a shameless add from True pushing their simple mouth guard as evolutionary. The hype never stops from the PT Barnum of youth sports. Everything they sell is special and better then the mouse trap. We train more!!! Lol.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard