BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 42 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you put legacy taz and 91 tristate in the same sentence tells me your either a stunad or a tristate parent. Edge , lb3 thunder would utterly destroy 91 tristate

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly my point . They could have gone into the 2025 bracket and at least played eclipse and regulators . Nope , played in 2024 and still didn't have the best two teams in 2024. Why? Becasue it's intentional , they can do what they want because they own the tournament. So let's okay weak teams and win it all to say " we played up Into 2024 and won "what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's the bottom line , another 91 owned tournament where they lines up the 2025 with weak 2024 teams . Go look at the brackets and even a blind man can see it . Same garbage different day from the 91 corporate parent and coaches . You want to be taken seriously then go beat some good teams , you're not fooling anyone with this nonsense.

Honestly there were not many good teams in this tournament for 2024 except Legact Taz and 91 Tristate Select. And each of those were in seperate pools from each other. What I dont understand is why there was no bracket game where winners of the pools played each other? What is the deal with that?

It's simply to preserve winning record. I was watching some of the games and that entire 2024 bracket was a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly my point. Why not play the only two good teams ? To preserve a winning record lol, against who ? Horrible teams ? Makes no sense but yet it really does make sense because it’s the kind of thing that 91 does all the time . Weak tournaments and set them up against the weaker teams , then post stuff all over the place saying that they never lost a game . Lol what a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly my point. Why not play the only two good teams ? To preserve a winning record lol, against who ? Horrible teams ? Makes no sense but yet it really does make sense because it’s the kind of thing that 91 does all the time . Weak tournaments and set them up against the weaker teams , then post stuff all over the place saying that they never lost a game . Lol what a joke

Bro. Calm down with the conspiracy theories. It’s real simple. 91 is using their WSYL team which has a 2024 player. So they are doing the right thing (gasp) and playing in the 24 bracket. There aren’t many decent 24 teams in the tourney because they are all in the NLF tourney which is Sunday. That’s it. The boring facts. No drama, except for when the botc keyboard jockey queens have nothing better to do. Hey, how about doing something productive with your time, like finding a job. Heard BK was looking for fry cooks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that's amazing , team 91 2025 playing up into the 2024 bracket when they can't even handle the teams in the 2025 bracket . Typical 91 garbage , let's play them up into a weak class against weak competition so we can say that we played up but instead they are just avoiding good teams in 2025 so they're not embarrassed at their own tournament. Pathetic. Go look at the teams they're playing in the 2024 bracket lol. What a sad and pathetic club,, avoiding good competition and playing up into a horrible bracket to say " we play up a year " hahahaha.

What good competition are they avoiding? You have no idea what any of those 24 teams will look like tomorrow, But you do know there is no reason to play any of those 2025 teams. Bash all you want, but they are using a 2024 who will be on their WS team so they are doing what they should By playing 2024. They surely do not deserve a medal, but come on, you know better.

Would have liked to see them play the Regulators. Don't know the other teams.

The Regulators didn't have a great Fall season, they actually lost more games than they won. Heard some of the players were looking elsewhere. I would be surprised if the team made it through the winter.

Get ready to be surprised Mrs Anonymous who doesn't really know anything about this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical 91 trash dad, when someone tells it like it is they don't like it so they resort to personal.insults. you know hit the nail on the head when the white trash dad's from 91 have no answers but insults . Why don't you relax and go talk about how big the Hawks were last week lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Regulator Dad-If you want to play 91 so badly, put your boys in the 2024 bracket or shut it. Not sure why you’re so angry. Only explanation is your kid tried out and was cut. And if that isn’t the reason, you’re just a psycho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you put legacy taz and 91 tristate in the same sentence tells me your either a stunad or a tristate parent. Edge , lb3 thunder would utterly destroy 91 tristate

Bud you need help. Pick up the phone, call and make an appointment today. Your wife and kids are too scared to tell you, but they want too. Do it now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they the first 91 team to use older kids? I think they are. That speaks volumes to the faith the directors have in that team. With good reason.

Not a 91 parent. But clearly you have not read this thread at all.plenty of 2025 teams have 2024s on their team this year who meet the WSYL guidelines. And they have all used these players ib tournaments this fall in the 2025 bracket. They didnt even pmay up into the 2024 bracket. Look at R$sh and Rebels for example.

First 91 team. Not first team ever.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regulators? That’s funny stuff.

They did not win their bracket, did they?

Sometimes you have to handle your own business before talking about what others are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who your referring to but I'm not a regulators dad. But if you were to look at the brackets and have half of a brain you could plainly see that 91 avoided the only 2 2024 respectable teams . Yes the regulators lost one game but it was to eclipse which is a great team . Who exactly did team 91 play? 3 horrible teams . So shut your mouth, you make no sense. You're the only one dense enough to keep drinking the 91 Kool aid . Nothing but trash with a big mouth .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess by "handle your own business " you mean being owned by dynamic who controls the tournaments and outs you against weak teams . What a jack butt . Why don't you give us the names of the teams you have beat ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess by "handle your own business " you mean being owned by dynamic who controls the tournaments and outs you against weak teams . What a jack butt . Why don't you give us the names of the teams you have beat ?

I haven’t beaten anyone. 91 2025 has definite beaten Eclipse and every other team in 2025 playing yesterday that they have faced in the past 12 months. They’ve also beaten everyone that was in DE last week at one point over the last year including HHH, Laxachussets, Primetime, Hawks, 91 MD and Express. That’s beating what most would call the best of the best. Semi finals at NLF in August and NALF this fall. Some terribly embarrassing losses, yup, but don’t be such a hater Regulator Dad. I know 91 posts their team schedules on the web pages on a team by team basis. So you can make your coaches line you up for a game at one of those events. Then the boys can put up or shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact check, 91 has never beaten the Hawks or express . Keep dreaming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 91 lose to Roar last summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 beat Hawks in July at Naptown 6-5. Tourney Machine is my friend. Now admit you are wrong and say you are sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t 91 lose to Roar last summer?

We know from the TM that Roar beat them at Laxfest so good on them, but they are one of the bad losses. Another bad one was Madlax in the semi at NLF so they missed another shot at the Chuck. Let’s be honest, 91 wasn't ducking the regulators, who just lost to Force and Primetime at Tristar. In past years, the Rush/Ducks Dads were itching to give 91 a real try. It didn’t work out so well for them. Regulator should keep an eye out for the schedule release on the 91 Site. Or you can give the WSYL qualifiers a go. There will be a nice line up including 91. Heck, just tell the regulators coaches you want your boys to jump over 91 and take a run at Express if your fired up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 91 dad.....if your team is so good and beat Express and the Hawks why are they ranked 3rd (which by the way in my opinion is way too high for your team) 91 probably has a back channel for the rankings too, did dynamic buy us lacrosse as well hahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t waste your energy worrying about 91.They’ll win tourneys and they may lose a few, so what. They are definitely a top tier team, whether they lost to a team they shouldn’t have or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 has definitely beaten Express_Ch a few times in the past. It happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news. What specific tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.
Was looking at Island box. But was interested in tournament level, not just training.
But dont understand how your getting anything for $650 plus the $50 tryout fee.
You get the same six 1 hour practices as the $250 training program and one local tournament run by them. Then says more tournaments "could" be added "alacarte".
So all I get for paying another $450- is a local tournament.

Seems like a ripoff.

Anyone know of any better programs which actually do tournaments outside of Long Island as well??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious, travel outside LI for box lacrosse? Why don't you take your son skiing or to a movie instead of shoving lax down his throat. Clown.

Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.
Was looking at Island box. But was interested in tournament level, not just training.
You get the same six 1 hour practices as the $250 training program and one local tournament run by them. Then says more tournaments "could" be added "alacarte".

Seems like a ripoff.

Anyone know of any better programs which actually do tournaments outside of Long Island as well??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 91 dad.....if your team is so good and beat Express and the Hawks why are they ranked 3rd (which by the way in my opinion is way too high for your team) 91 probably has a back channel for the rankings too, did dynamic buy us lacrosse as well hahahaha

US Club Lax rankings are compiled out of NJ by an individual affiliated w/ 91 New Jersey. This has been widely discussed on these boards. Obviously, there is a 91 bias in all these rankings. It’s all based on a flawed strength of schedule algorithm which allows a crappy team to get destroyed by Top teams and still jump in the rankings b/c of their opponent’s higher ranking. There are no adjustments for blowout losses to those teams. Basically, if you play a higher ranked team, you’ll advance in the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious, travel outside LI for box lacrosse? Why don't you take your son skiing or to a movie instead of shoving lax down his throat. Clown.

You know you sound like a complete stunad. Get some help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Club Lax rankings are compiled out of NJ by an individual affiliated w/ 91 New Jersey. This has been widely discussed on these boards. Obviously, there is a 91 bias in all these rankings. It’s all based on a flawed strength of schedule algorithm which allows a crappy team to get destroyed by Top teams and still jump in the rankings b/c of their opponent’s higher ranking. There are no adjustments for blowout losses to those teams. Basically, if you play a higher ranked team, you’ll advance in the rankings.

Not sure he has a 91 affiliation, he coaches a local Jersey Shore team that is a feeder program for a high school team. Neither 91 or LE attend the US Club Lax tournaments.

Not to stick up for the guy but he is doing the best he can. He is giving us lax losers something to complain about in Nov. If you don't like it, create your own!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

No reason to leave LI but stay away from Island Box unless you want to deal with the bait and switch with a director/coach that you'll never see, a clueless PAL coach calling the shots for his kid to be the center of attention and being lied to about everything.
Go take a look at NOTB instead...much better quality of training and tournament play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

No reason to leave LI but stay away from Island Box unless you want to deal with the bait and switch with a director/coach that you'll never see, a clueless PAL coach calling the shots for his kid to be the center of attention and being lied to about everything.
Go take a look at NOTB instead...much better quality of training and tournament play

Someone else I know told me they had the same experience with Island Box. Pretty much what you described. Which makes me even more wary of Island Box when I consider that and see an inflated price along with that.
But I also tried NOTB and wasnt impressed at the level of instruction there. And thought tournament was really disorganized.
Have seen youth box tournaments outside Long Island and they are night and day to what I saw here.
Are there any other options?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news. What specific tournament?

Chang’s own tournament, in OT. I know it happens to the best.
And Express lost to Sweetlax at Naptown too. Hey, they are 12 (mostly).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

Someone else I know told me they had the same experience with Island Box. Pretty much what you described. Which makes me even more wary of Island Box when I consider that and see an inflated price along with that.
But I also tried NOTB and wasnt impressed at the level of instruction there. And thought tournament was really disorganized.
Have seen youth box tournaments outside Long Island and they are night and day to what I saw here.

IBL was a ripoff. The regular instructors played lacrosse but none the of them ipayed Box Lacrosse. They did have tournaments ala carte but the teams were pre picked and many of the boys on the tournament teams were not involved in the training sessions where they were supposedly evaluating the field players for the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

For box on LI its either IBL or NOTB. Regarding the $650 price tag at IBL for league play, that is because it includes season tickets to the Riptide. In order to enter in the Riptide youth box league, you have to buy the tickets. They would sell on their own for about $500. IBL is tacking on $150 which seems pretty reasonable. The Riptide youth league has their games at Nassau Collesium which is pretty cool assuming it gets off the ground.

IBL had an issue where the director got a DWI or similar and wasn't able to travel to NY. Not exactly a bait and switch but the result was the same, no legit box coach. It remains to be seen whether he'll be there this year. If he is, he's excellent. Overall, still decent quality training without him and they do go to real box tournaments which is great. Also, the number of boys in their practices is manageable numbers. The facility isn't great. IBL only has one real rink when they can get it and one sort of practice rink that really isn't good. Their in house tournament is good and has certified box officials.

NOTB training is very good overall. They have real Canadians who know the game inside and out - and more than one of them. They also have a lot more kids, therefore fewer reps. Their facility is much nicer and you have two full-size rinks. NOTBs in house tournament is not as good, I didn't notice the chaos the other poster mentioned, but the officials are really not box officials and no shot clock which is annoying. NOTB does not go to other tournaments, it is strictly a clinic and then one inhouse tournament.

To sum it all up: if you're looking for your son to play box tournaments and he already has some background in it, IBL is probably better with the caveat that you do have to make the team to actually play in tournaments. If you're looking for your son to learn box skills and dont care about tournaments then NOTB is probably better.

Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

IBL was a ripoff. The regular instructors played lacrosse but none the of them ipayed Box Lacrosse. They did have tournaments ala carte but the teams were pre picked and many of the boys on the tournament teams were not involved in the training sessions where they were supposedly evaluating the field players for the teams.

Yup been that way since the program started in 2018. CoachL you wont see. He lives in Colorado. His focus is his 6 star lacrosse club program there. He is just using his name to make money through IBL. Its ridiculoys that he is listed as coach on the website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

For box on LI its either IBL or NOTB. Regarding the $650 price tag at IBL for league play, that is because it includes season tickets to the Riptide. In order to enter in the Riptide youth box league, you have to buy the tickets. They would sell on their own for about $500. IBL is tacking on $150 which seems pretty reasonable. The Riptide youth league has their games at Nassau Collesium which is pretty cool assuming it gets off the ground.

IBL had an issue where the director got a DWI or similar and wasn't able to travel to NY. Not exactly a bait and switch but the result was the same, no legit box coach. It remains to be seen whether he'll be there this year. If he is, he's excellent. Overall, still decent quality training without him and they do go to real box tournaments which is great. Also, the number of boys in their practices is manageable numbers. The facility isn't great. IBL only has one real rink when they can get it and one sort of practice rink that really isn't good. Their in house tournament is good and has certified box officials.

NOTB training is very good overall. They have real Canadians who know the game inside and out - and more than one of them. They also have a lot more kids, therefore fewer reps. Their facility is much nicer and you have two full-size rinks. NOTBs in house tournament is not as good, I didn't notice the chaos the other poster mentioned, but the officials are really not box officials and no shot clock which is annoying. NOTB does not go to other tournaments, it is strictly a clinic and then one inhouse tournament.

To sum it all up: if you're looking for your son to play box tournaments and he already has some background in it, IBL is probably better with the caveat that you do have to make the team to actually play in tournaments. If you're looking for your son to learn box skills and dont care about tournaments then NOTB is probably better.

Hope that helps.

$500 for a season ticket is assuming Island Box is going to get you the most expensive season tickets. I got a hunch that the 1 season ticket you're getting for being in the Riptide Box league (which then you'll have to go and buy another season ticket to with your son) will be the cheaper season ticket package, which is $180

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

Hope that helps.

$500 for a season ticket is assuming Island Box is going to get you the most expensive season tickets. I got a hunch that the 1 season ticket you're getting for being in the Riptide Box league (which then you'll have to go and buy another season ticket to with your son) will be the cheaper season ticket package, which is $180

When last I looked and it could have changed, to get into the Riptide league you had to buy 2 tickets at $288 each. IBL could have a different deal, I don’t know, I didn’t look at it that closely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

Hope that helps.

When last I looked and it could have changed, to get into the Riptide league you had to buy 2 tickets at $288 each. IBL could have a different deal, I don’t know, I didn’t look at it that closely.

If you enter the Riptide league as a Free Agent ($600 cost) you get the 2 season tickets. Below is copy/paste from the Island Box website:

If selected Team tuition of $650 includes:

- Rip Tide Tri State Box Premier League Played at Coliseum on Riptide floor, plus 1 season ticket to all NY Riptide games with all the benefits of a Riptide season ticket holder and player in the Tri-state Box Premier League
- Uniforms Supplied for tournaments and games
- 6 weeks of team practice
- USBOXLA Tournament Tentative date: 2/22/20 at Sportime Bethpage ( more tournaments could be added a la carte.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

Hope that helps.

FLG also does a box lacrosse program. It charges $400 and that includes 8 sessions plus 2 tickets to riptide.
And the riptide players are helping to coach the program.
That seems a lot better than what IBL is offering. They dont mention other tournaments. They just seem to have their own league play and championship within the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that helps.

If you enter the Riptide league as a Free Agent ($600 cost) you get the 2 season tickets. Below is copy/paste from the Island Box website:

If selected Team tuition of $650 includes:

- Rip Tide Tri State Box Premier League Played at Coliseum on Riptide floor, plus 1 season ticket to all NY Riptide games with all the benefits of a Riptide season ticket holder and player in the Tri-state Box Premier League
- Uniforms Supplied for tournaments and games
- 6 weeks of team practice
- USBOXLA Tournament Tentative date: 2/22/20 at Sportime Bethpage ( more tournaments could be added a la carte.)

But if you are part of that Riptide premier league why would you only get 1 ticket. Riptide is clear on their weboage that each player gets 2 tickets.

https://newyorkriptide.com/box-league/

I bet you they are are splitting the league cost of $500 between 2 players. So each player only gets to play 2 or 3 games in the Riptide league instead of 5.
I would ask a lot more questions begore signing up for IBL.

And CoachL had that dwi accident back in the first year of the program 2017-18. But he wasnt showing up in 2018-19 either with no excuse. He is busy with his Colorado program. He is not coming here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

Yup been that way since the program started in 2018. CoachL you wont see. He lives in Colorado. His focus is his 6 star lacrosse club program there. He is just using his name. Its ridiculoys that he is listed as coach on the website.

You are correct. The organization is driven behind the scenes by JC and his scrupulous cronies. The box player they are pitching is a scam, and no they don't teach real box. Run as far away as you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Changing the topic.
Lets talk box lacrosse.

Seems like a ripoff.

Yup been that way since the program started in 2018. CoachL you wont see. He lives in Colorado. His focus is his 6 star lacrosse club program there. He is just using his name. Its ridiculoys that he is listed as coach on the website.

You are correct. The organization is driven behind the scenes by JC and his scrupulous cronies. The box player they are pitching is a scam, and no they don't teach real box. Run as far away as you can

Is the clueless PAL coach calling the shots for his kid have a first name that starts with T and rhymes with sony. If so I would stay way clear of that program.

Page 25 of 42 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard