BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 72 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are up there - definitely in the Top 5 IMO

Whee does Patriot fall in the mix for these clubs?

Leading Edge and BBL are in the top tier.

Patriot can have some good teams but they are not as consistent as the two above. I'd put them in the second band along with Riot, TriState, SouthShore, BlueStar, etc. These clubs are still strong and some grad years are at the top, just not always.

I disagree about Leading Edge with respect to consistency They have terrific high school teams, thanks to reclasses, however, their youth teams have never been competitive. They do not develop talent, they acquire it from the other NJ programs in 9th grade. I am not a BBL parent, but in NJ, they probably have the strongest program top to bottom.

BBL is heavily packed with hold-backs and re-classed kids as well on both the boys and girls teams. This is no secret.

This is complete BS. All you have to do is look at their WSYL lineup where they ended up being ranked #2 this year by Inside Lacrosse. That is an age based tournament. Detractors come with success.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Patriot can have some good teams but they are not as consistent as the two above. I'd put them in the second band along with Riot, TriState, SouthShore, BlueStar, etc. These clubs are still strong and some grad years are at the top, just not always.

I disagree about Leading Edge with respect to consistency They have terrific high school teams, thanks to reclasses, however, their youth teams have never been competitive. They do not develop talent, they acquire it from the other NJ programs in 9th grade. I am not a BBL parent, but in NJ, they probably have the strongest program top to bottom.

The reason Leading Edge is able to attract top HS players is bec it is one of the founding members for NLF. They have veto power to prevent other Jersey clubs from joining or even participating in NLF events (they act as a monopoly). Their youth teams routinely get smoked in NLF tournaments even in B brackets. But their HS teams do well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I agree. I was only referring to HS level play. Youth is for development and really shouldn't be ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL is heavily packed with hold-backs and re-classed kids as well on both the boys and girls teams. This is no secret.

This is complete BS. All you have to do is look at their WSYL lineup where they ended up being ranked #2 this year by Inside Lacrosse. That is an age based tournament. Detractors come with success.

Does anyone care about the ranking of a youth team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone care about the ranking of a youth team?

Yes. you do. BadPerson.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bbl is the only jersey team ranked at uc clublax dotcom in youth, there is no debate they are best of jersey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no direct knowledge of that (but I don't doubt it), but if you are talking about top to bottom consistency, they are probably the better club. LE merely assembles a team in high school, BBL seems to have a greater number of kids that come up through their program.

Agreed. I would say that there are a lot of other options if your son is a stud. I am not going to name any teams and I wouldn't pay attention to US Club Lax which is heavily flawed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That rank was bogus. Taz made that clear beating them this Fall with an on age team. Can't say that much for BBL. They also lost to Madlax and another team this fall. BBL 2024 Black Parent. It would be awesome if you could provide all the tournaments that you have played this fall - and no excuses please. Just want to get the correct info out to the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no direct knowledge of that (but I don't doubt it), but if you are talking about top to bottom consistency, they are probably the better club. LE merely assembles a team in high school, BBL seems to have a greater number of kids that come up through their program.

Agreed. I would say that there are a lot of other options if your son is a stud. I am not going to name any teams and I wouldn't pay attention to US Club Lax which is heavily flawed.

From what I have heard, the entity that operates US Club Lax is somehow affiliated with Dynamic Sport Management (Team 91, Leading Edge and a few others). In some cases the rankings are pretty spot on (usually top 2 or 3), but there are many instances where the rankings seem pretty biased, although some of that can be attributed to the fact that they consider strength of schedule. But I definitely agree, I wouldn't rely on those rankings for purposes of placing my kid in any particular program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That rank was bogus. Taz made that clear beating them this Fall with an on age team. Can't say that much for BBL. They also lost to Madlax and another team this fall. BBL 2024 Black Parent. It would be awesome if you could provide all the tournaments that you have played this fall - and no excuses please. Just want to get the correct info out to the world.

You're barking up the wrong tree and I feel sorry for you that you can't let go of the past. Contact Inside Lacrosse and petition them to revise history to finally put you out of your misery. Inside lacrosse is what the lacrosse world see. Your posts here won't change any of that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I have heard, the entity that operates US Club Lax is somehow affiliated with Dynamic Sport Management (Team 91, Leading Edge and a few others). In some cases the rankings are pretty spot on (usually top 2 or 3), but there are many instances where the rankings seem pretty biased, although some of that can be attributed to the fact that they consider strength of schedule. But I definitely agree, I wouldn't rely on those rankings for purposes of placing my kid in any particular program. [/quote]

incorrect, independent group, sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Patriot can have some good teams but they are not as consistent as the two above. I'd put them in the second band along with Riot, TriState, SouthShore, BlueStar, etc. These clubs are still strong and some grad years are at the top, just not always.[/quote]

I disagree about Leading Edge with respect to consistency They have terrific high school teams, thanks to reclasses, however, their youth teams have never been competitive. They do not develop talent, they acquire it from the other NJ programs in 9th grade. I am not a BBL parent, but in NJ, they probably have the strongest program top to bottom. [/quote]
BBL is heavily packed with hold-backs and re-classed kids as well on both the boys and girls teams. This is no secret.[/quote]

[/quote]
That rank was bogus. Taz made that clear beating them this Fall with an on age team. Can't say that much for BBL. They also lost to Madlax and another team this fall. BBL 2024 Black Parent. It would be awesome if you could provide all the tournaments that you have played this fall - and no excuses please. Just want to get the correct info out to the world. [/quote]

You're barking up the wrong tree and I feel sorry for you that you can't let go of the past. Contact Inside Lacrosse and petition them to revise history to finally put you out of your misery. Inside lacrosse is what the lacrosse world see. Your posts here won't change any of that.
[/quote]

Is this a BBL parent who actually thinks being ranked by Inside Lacrosse in 7th or 8th grade matters? BBL is known for peaking in middle school. I would be shocked if they are at the top come 10th & 11th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I have heard, the entity that operates US Club Lax is somehow affiliated with Dynamic Sport Management (Team 91, Leading Edge and a few others). In some cases the rankings are pretty spot on (usually top 2 or 3), but there are many instances where the rankings seem pretty biased, although some of that can be attributed to the fact that they consider strength of schedule. But I definitely agree, I wouldn't rely on those rankings for purposes of placing my kid in any particular program.

incorrect, independent group, sorry [/quote]

Just curious, how do you know that it is an independent group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

incorrect, independent group, sorry [/quote]

There have been discussions on this forum that there is a connection to the 91 program in NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a BBL parent who actually thinks being ranked by Inside Lacrosse in 7th or 8th grade matters? BBL is known for peaking in middle school. I would be shocked if they are at the top come 10th & 11th grade.

BBL is in your head. You can't get it out. Let's keep it that way. Keep thinking about BBL. This is awesome! Here's the ranking again so it's burned in your head. I can't wait for this to contribute to your mental illness.

Nissan WSYL/IL 13U World Rankings
1. Team 91 Wolfpack (N.Y.)
2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I would agree that the rankings are missing a few and over rating a few clubs it is a nice idea. I do see clubs ranked lower when they have wins over teams with rankings much higher. Also they are partnering with clubs like Madlax for the National event in FL. Nothing wrong with getting some $$ but it could influence a ranking or two here or there. I hope they keep the rankings going as it is a lot of work for little in return. I thank them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL is in your head. You can't get it out. Let's keep it that way. Keep thinking about BBL. This is awesome! Here's the ranking again so it's burned in your head. I can't wait for this to contribute to your mental illness.

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Ancient history. Current 2024 rankings wouldn't even put you in the top 5. Even with holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Ancient history. Current 2024 rankings wouldn't even put you in the top 5. Even with holdbacks.

Here’s before you go to bed. Make sure you dream about BBL.

us club lax rankings Fall 2019 (yeah current history)
1 Madlax
2 91 Wolfpack
3 Looneys
4 BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I would agree that the rankings are missing a few and over rating a few clubs it is a nice idea. I do see clubs ranked lower when they have wins over teams with rankings much higher. Also they are partnering with clubs like Madlax for the National event in FL. Nothing wrong with getting some $$ but it could influence a ranking or two here or there. I hope they keep the rankings going as it is a lot of work for little in return. I thank them.

In the land of the blind the 1 eye man is king Thank goodness for us club lax dot come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

Please tell me this is not an adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

I met up with a buddy from LI last night. He told me the poster trolling here is one of the oldest players from Legacy. I should have known by the way he crafted his sentences. I honestly didn't know I was mixing it up with a teenager. My bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

I met up with a buddy from LI last night. He told me the poster trolling here is one of the oldest players from Legacy. I should have known by the way he crafted his sentences. I honestly didn't know I was mixing it up with a teenager. My bad.

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

I seriously doubt that any Taz player would waste his time on the New Jersey board. They have already proven that they can beat BBL 2024 Black many times including this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

BBL Fans on this page love to talk about rankings. So here it is. The newest USCL ranking for BBL 2024 Black is #16.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

BBL Fans on this page love to talk about rankings. So here it is. The newest USCL ranking for BBL 2024 Black is #16.

The guy that runs USCL is a NJ guy trying to drive people away from BBL and other NJ clubs. Same reason Mad Dog '25 team is 19 after beating 9th and 6th ranked teams. Do your research!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. BBL Elite (N.J.)

The guy that runs USCL is a NJ guy trying to drive people away from BBL and other NJ clubs. Same reason Mad Dog '25 team is 19 after beating 9th and 6th ranked teams. Do your research!

You are missing the point of my post. The BBL people love to gloat when they are ranked high in these polls but claim that they are rigged when that ranking goes down. Total hypocrites. As far as I am concerned these poles are completely bogus. This is a sorry trend of capitalizing on youth lacrosse. The next company to look out for is Lacrosse Magazine. Not to be confused with US Lacrosse Magazine. Bottom line, please don't give these companies any credibility by posting their rankings online.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are missing the point of my post. The BBL people love to gloat when they are ranked high in these polls but claim that they are rigged when that ranking goes down. Total hypocrites. As far as I am concerned these poles are completely bogus. This is a sorry trend of capitalizing on youth lacrosse. The next company to look out for is Lacrosse Magazine. Not to be confused with US Lacrosse Magazine. Bottom line, please don't give these companies any credibility by posting their rankings online.

And yet you post here about the rankings because your team moved up. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Notice how Legacy is now pounding their chests after their World Series humiliation on TV now that they picked up a whole bunch of holdbacks and finally won a couple of fall games. The fact is last year before Legacy went whole hog with holdbacks would have been crushed by BBL in Denver. But they demanded that the brackets be changed last minute. BBL tried to play Legacy in the last tournament of the season with the WS teams but they couldn't even make it to the championship game losing to Laxachusetts and complaining to the tournament directors afterwards about biased officiating.

In Long Island, Legacy is a third rate club that's always outside looking in. So they have to go to other regions to spew their garbage. Legacy is cancer to the sport. Legacy's holdbacks will seek greener pastures and Legacy will be back to the bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet you post here about the rankings because your team moved up. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Notice how Legacy is now pounding their chests after their World Series humiliation on TV now that they picked up a whole bunch of holdbacks and finally won a couple of fall games. The fact is last year before Legacy went whole hog with holdbacks would have been crushed by BBL in Denver. But they demanded that the brackets be changed last minute. BBL tried to play Legacy in the last tournament of the season with the WS teams but they couldn't even make it to the championship game losing to Laxachusetts and complaining to the tournament directors afterwards about biased officiating.

In Long Island, Legacy is a third rate club that's always outside looking in. So they have to go to other regions to spew their garbage. Legacy is cancer to the sport. Legacy's holdbacks will seek greener pastures and Legacy will be back to the bottom.
That is the funniest thing i ever heard. They have no hold backs. all those kids played in WSYL. check the roster instead of making excuses of why you lost to them. legacy beat you Last fall before WSYL. Its ok to lose , i know it burns deep in your bones. You are embarrassing yourself . You are the ones that come on BOTC saying how you would beat eveyone, that you should have been in the finals. of WSYL. You have not beat one good team. You are making a bad name for your kids. You have a good lacrosse team. No need to put down others, to try and make yourself feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the funniest thing i ever heard. They have no hold backs. all those kids played in WSYL. check the roster instead of making excuses of why you lost to them. legacy beat you Last fall before WSYL. Its ok to lose , i know it burns deep in your bones. You are embarrassing yourself . You are the ones that come on BOTC saying how you would beat eveyone, that you should have been in the finals. of WSYL. You have not beat one good team. You are making a bad name for your kids. You have a good lacrosse team. No need to put down others, to try and make yourself feel better.

Anything else interesting going on in NJ lacrosse other than the BBL 2024 team, this is getting boring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's pathetic how a club from LI is trolling an NJ club. I know Legacy wants to be considered a legitimate club in LI. Fact of the matter is you'll never be on the same league as 91, LI Express and Igloo. I repeat.. never. Those clubs will be around long after you fold. You can keep adding more hold backs for the summer. Legacy is the worst.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is coming from the same Legacy team that bullied their own goalie into leaving. Constantly berated and made fun of his weight issue. He's a good goalie. Classy organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here. Here. And the part about Taz having holdbacks is laughable. If you want to talk about holdback - BBL is packed with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is coming from the same Legacy team that bullied their own goalie into leaving. Constantly berated and made fun of his weight issue. He's a good goalie. Classy organization.

Message to the parents of the new Legacy goalie that replaced this poor kid. Your boy will eventually suffer the same fate not because he's not a good player, but because he looks "different" from the rest of the team. This Legacy team is notorious for being (fill in the blank). Keep a close eye on him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not even funny how someone is allowed to just flat out lie, and spread rumors. You parents are trashy and this garbage should be ]\shut down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not even funny how someone is allowed to just flat out lie, and spread rumors. You parents are trashy and this garbage should be ]\shut down.

Unfortunately, this is not a rumor and I wish it was. Why is this so surprising?? This story is well known in LI. It also happened on social media so it cannot be denied. It needs to be told as a cautionary tale for every single player on every club no matter how successful they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Unfortunately, this is not a rumor and I wish it was. Why is this so surprising?? This story is well known in LI. It also happened on social media so it cannot be denied. It needs to be told as a cautionary tale for every single player on every club no matter how successful they are.
Not true. There was no goalie that Taz lost, they have 3 . should not even be a disscussion. There was some one on BOTC bullying the Goalie. from another team not to long ago, Which was probably you . . NOT Taz so00 Enough. You are suppose to be the kids friend, we know who you are . Stop spreadeing lies . If you want to talk with me about it please feel free. You can talk to the parents. they will tell you the truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. There was no goalie that Taz lost, they have 3 . should not even be a disscussion. There was some one on BOTC bullying the Goalie. from another team not to long ago, Which was probably you . . NOT Taz so00 Enough. You are suppose to be the kids friend, we know who you are . Stop spreadeing lies . If you want to talk with me about it please feel free. You can talk to the parents. they will tell you the truth

You know you hit a nerve when someone finally resort to confront you on the sidelines. Tough guys from LI threatening people. Pahleez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are ALL ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!! don't you have better things to do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash there are other very good clubs in New Jersey. This is not bbl message board. I dont mind a good argument every once and a while but this one needs to stop. Keep the subject about lax or go somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash there are other very good clubs in New Jersey. This is not bbl message board. I dont mind a good argument every once and a while but this one needs to stop. Keep the subject about lax or go somewhere else.
Agree with you totally. Speaking about other children , and singling them out is wrong. Just not right to even go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally an adult. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 72 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard