BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the ages cut offs for age group .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the ages cut offs for age group .

It is a question that should not be asked for obvious reasons.

If it by age, It is a tournament or league for B teams. Elite A teams go by grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. My son's been a starter for 5 years and is on age even based on the LI definition. Not reclassed and not a late kindergartener. Not the goalie.

Lies, lies and more lies! These are the same trashy parents that LIED for YEARS, saying Madlax had NOOOO holdbacks. None! Zero! For years we heard this. Funny, since Madlax and their lies were outed a couple of years ago, there aren’t ANY parents dense enough to try to continue that lie. But now the new lie is all of their holdbacks are “LATE SUMMER BIRTHDAYS”. Yes, according to Madlax all of their holdbacks, which is basically all of the kids that actually “play” are somehow, miraculously, “late summer birthdays.” Apparently this lie makes them think their entire team of holdbacks, are less of a holdback. The only players on Madlax, that touch the field, and are not holdbacks, are there 2023 guest players that their players continuously brag about on social media, to my kid. On one occasion last summer, a Madlax player bragged about having 2023 DCDogs players on their team, and this message came on Saturday night of the tournament. All the boys were talking about it the following day. It’s time to once again expose trashy teams like Madlax, for what they truly are. The cheater-trash of 2024 lacrosse. Ironic, since they have no 2024-age kids!

"The only players on Madlax, that touch the field, and are not holdbacks, are there 2023 guest players" - LIE LIE LIE

"Ironic, since they have no 2024-age kids!" - LIE LIE LIE

This person is another broken record poster who posts the exact same lies multiple times. Any one who knows anything about that team knows these are both complete falsehoods so anything this person rights should be questioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. My son's been a starter for 5 years and is on age even based on the LI definition. Not reclassed and not a late kindergartener. Not the goalie.

Lies, lies and more lies! These are the same trashy parents that LIED for YEARS, saying Madlax had NOOOO holdbacks. None! Zero! For years we heard this. Funny, since Madlax and their lies were outed a couple of years ago, there aren’t ANY parents dense enough to try to continue that lie. But now the new lie is all of their holdbacks are “LATE SUMMER BIRTHDAYS”. Yes, according to Madlax all of their holdbacks, which is basically all of the kids that actually “play” are somehow, miraculously, “late summer birthdays.” Apparently this lie makes them think their entire team of holdbacks, are less of a holdback. The only players on Madlax, that touch the field, and are not holdbacks, are there 2023 guest players that their players continuously brag about on social media, to my kid. On one occasion last summer, a Madlax player bragged about having 2023 DCDogs players on their team, and this message came on Saturday night of the tournament. All the boys were talking about it the following day. It’s time to once again expose trashy teams like Madlax, for what they truly are. The cheater-trash of 2024 lacrosse. Ironic, since they have no 2024-age kids!

"The only players on Madlax, that touch the field, and are not holdbacks, are there 2023 guest players" - LIE LIE LIE

This person is another broken record poster who posts the exact same lies multiple times. Any one who knows anything about that team knows these are both complete falsehoods so anything this person rights should be questioned.
the bottom line is that on Paper your kids may say they are in 8th grade, but their age is 9 th and some should be in 10th. That is the facts. You hide behind loopholes in the system. That's the facts. So lets all agree on that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's been a starter for 5 years and is on age even based on the LI definition. Not reclassed and not a late kindergartener. Not the goalie.

the bottom line is that on Paper your kids may say they are in 8th grade, but their age is 9 th and some should be in 10th. That is the facts. You hide behind loopholes in the system. That's the facts. So lets all agree on that..

Im from NY and have to say this poster is a stunad.. On paper is what it is. The rules say grade based. On paper they are playing in the grade they are in. Stop whining and get to work. Why do you care? Do you play and lose all your finals to Madlax or are you just a keyboard warrior that has nothing better to do than try to win an arguement that no one cares about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be amazing if we could discuss the play of Mid-Atlantic 2024 teams here and let this constant bickering about holdbacks end. As I tell my children when they complain about older players, guest players, bad officiating, etc, you need to play the team and conditions that are in front of you. Club play is not about winning, it is about challenging yourself against the best opponents available so you can become the best lacrosse player you can be.

In the hopes that we can stop beating the poor, dead horse, I looked up the start age for Kindergarten throughout the US (http://ecs.force.com/mbdata/MBQuest2RTanw?rep=KK3Q1802). The majority of states have age cut-offs in late-summer or early fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be amazing if we could discuss the play of Mid-Atlantic 2024 teams here and let this constant bickering about holdbacks end. As I tell my children when they complain about older players, guest players, bad officiating, etc, you need to play the team and conditions that are in front of you. Club play is not about winning, it is about challenging yourself against the best opponents available so you can become the best lacrosse player you can be.

In the hopes that we can stop beating the poor, dead horse, I looked up the start age for Kindergarten throughout the US (http://ecs.force.com/mbdata/MBQuest2RTanw?rep=KK3Q1802). The majority of states have age cut-offs in late-summer or early fall.

You link just shows that the world of holdbacks/prefirst/reclass players is out of control in the youth ranks. Youth should be age and until that is rectified, you will see constant animosity over only letting select children play down and get an advantage others exact same age dont.

I agree with your thoughts, it is just many dont and actually play down to do exact opposite of what you think.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How are the teams doing so far? Any surprises thus far?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 2waymiddie

STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND.....HIT THE WALL!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry thought this was a site to discuss lacrosse. MY bad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you don't hang out in here often. It's usually just losers telling other people their kid's stink and need to hit the wall. Then we talk about hold backs. wanna talk about holdbacks or hitting the wall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you don't hang out in here often. It's usually just losers telling other people their kid's stink and need to hit the wall. Then we talk about hold backs. wanna talk about holdbacks or hitting the wall?

Obviously you dont have a high esteem of yourself. ..Some good advice to follow.. HIT THE WALL !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back in the good old days there were also posts about greasy moms, tats, and red solo cup recepies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how come madlax is not doing millon 2024 championship? banned for cheating?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back in the good old days there were also posts about greasy moms, tats, and red solo cup recepies

Its fall and there is not much action on the field. Once Spring comes, more serious discussion on teams, tactics and of course youth players taking advantage of system faults of grade base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its fall and there is not much action on the field. Once Spring comes, more serious discussion on teams, tactics and of course youth players taking advantage of system faults of grade base.

Question. My son is a single holdback and hitting the wall daily but still not seeing the field. Should I hold him back again and hit the side of the barn to get playing time? PS. my wife is not too greasy. just right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try the Madlax formula. Hold him back. Then have him play down another grade, on a different team, to supplement his actual team. That model seems to be working pretty well for them... 2023 DCDog players playing for 2024 Madlax team. Net result is your kid will be playing down two years, but could get him some more time, and maybe even a shiny new t-shirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question. My son is a single holdback and hitting the wall daily but still not seeing the field. Should I hold him back again and hit the side of the barn to get playing time? PS. my wife is not too greasy. just right.

Can We Get Serious Now ! Yes, of course hold him back again along with personal D1 trainer . Barn? Doubt that does it, Take a trip to China,,and you know it ....HIT THE WALL !!! Great Wall of China with being a two time holdback should get him some playing time on a mediocre club team charging 5000 a year . D1 bench is right around the corner for him if you listen to my advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try the Madlax formula. Hold him back. Then have him play down another grade, on a different team, to supplement his actual team. That model seems to be working pretty well for them... 2023 DCDog players playing for 2024 Madlax team. Net result is your kid will be playing down two years, but could get him some more time, and maybe even a shiny new t-shirt.

Thanks for the solid advice! I just called a few 2022 clubs and see if I can 'pay to play' for him. T-shirts here we come! (and I'm assuming this will get him recruited to play D1. am I right)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But my son plays for 91 and MM said he would get him recruited by D1 coaches!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will as long as you pay for all MM's camps and extra training. D1 is all about what expensive elite team you are on and what you are willing to spend extra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will as long as you pay for all MM's camps and extra training. D1 is all about what expensive elite team you are on and what you are willing to spend extra.

It's about what you can deliver in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the solid advice! I just called a few 2022 clubs and see if I can 'pay to play' for him. T-shirts here we come! (and I'm assuming this will get him recruited to play D1. am I right)

“GUARANTEED!”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to give credit where credit is due...The Great WALL of China comment had me rolling....good day to you sir!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that theory just came to crashing halt. Cheaters never prosper. Didn’t go so well for the hold backs today at NAL I’m Delaware. You guys play one dimensional lax and all drink the cool aid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that theory just came to crashing halt. Cheaters never prosper. Didn’t go so well for the hold backs today at NAL I’m Delaware. You guys play one dimensional lax and all drink the cool aid.

Slow your roll grandma. It's fall ball. Its hilarious how LI grease balls are getting all wet over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow your roll grandma. It's fall ball. Its hilarious how LI grease balls are getting all wet over it.

Lmao. Long Island 12 and 13 year olds continue to school Maryland 15 and 16 year olds. How embarrassing! Madlax cheats their butts off with 100% holdback players with the exception of the High School 2023 DCDogs players,and that’s still not enough to beat teams 2 years younger. A complete humiliation, considering the extent that this team cheats. Two 2024 age kids on the team that see any action. Realistically, more like one. Other than that, no 2024 age kids play on the 2024 team. It’s like I always say. What goes around comes around. Cheaters never prosper. In the end, all of you cheater holdback parents will get your due. After all, look at the life lessons that you are teaching your own flesh and blood. And remember these “students” of yours are the ones that will be taking care of you in your old age, which will come a lot sooner than you think. And, then, you are really screwed. Lmao!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

** REPOST from North East 2025 Forum where the same 2024 WP parent db is spewing his holier than thou narrative (then promptly humiliated by 2025 parents who know the team well ** .....

Wow. You preach about fact checking?? Give it a try. Wolfpack has left 2 tournaments in the last year that I know of. They don’t like playing holdback teams and that’s why they picked up 3 this year. Not sure who the 4th is that the other poster mentioned, but it’s possible. Also, no one was talking about 22’s and #1 recruit and referencing WP. They were referring to a player on Smash. Read and research before you try to seem intelligent.

It looks like WP has bought into the old adage, "if you can't beat them, join them". They now have not 1 but 3 holdbacks and possible more this year!. This should end this parent's annoying tag lines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

** REPOST from North East 2025 Forum where the same 2024 WP parent db is spewing his holier than thou narrative (then promptly humiliated by 2025 parents who know the team well ** .....

Wow. You preach about fact checking?? Give it a try. Wolfpack has left 2 tournaments in the last year that I know of. They don’t like playing holdback teams and that’s why they picked up 3 this year. Not sure who the 4th is that the other poster mentioned, but it’s possible. Also, no one was talking about 22’s and #1 recruit and referencing WP. They were referring to a player on Smash. Read and research before you try to seem intelligent.

It looks like WP has bought into the old adage, "if you can't beat them, join them". They now have not 1 but 3 holdbacks and possible more this year!. This should end this parent's annoying tag lines.
Do not believe eveything you read. Tha is totally false. No Holdbacks . where did these so called holdbacks come from. ? name the team .. Show the facts. This sounds like the Trump impeachment hearings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure that would make you feel better about yourself, your cheater holdback kid and his cheater holdback team, but unfortunately for you, that lie you just made up is 100% false. Still no holdbacks on Wolfpack. Still beating up on all of the Maryland 15 and 16 year old cheater teams with all-on-age 13 year olds. You’ll see. Two new starters this year, neither of whom are holdbacks, and other than that same team as last years WSYL all-on-age team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do not believe eveything you read. Tha is totally false. No Holdbacks . where did these so called holdbacks come from. ? name the team .. Show the facts. This sounds like the Trump impeachment hearings.

Three came from Igloo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three came from Igloo.
from the 2024 team. not 2023.. so where is the holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three came from Igloo.
from the 2024 team. not 2023.. so where is the holdbacks?

The Igloo players didn't age qualify for WSYL. Too old, by how much? who knows. You can be technical about it and call it whatever you want. Holdback or Older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP wacko is such a hypocrite. For years now, he has criticized any kid having a birthday before 9/1/2005 as a holdback regardless of whether the kid ever repeated a grade. That is his own definition of holdback. At times he has even referred to any kid with a birthday before 1/1/2006 as a holdback. Meanwhile he is trying to hide the not-so-secret secret that the new kids from Igloo all have birthdays before 9/1/2005. So using his own definition of holdback, WP is just as guilty of holdbacks as everyone else out there. I know this is not going to shut him up. But the next time he goes spewing his detest, just realize that it is complete BS and WP is not as blameless as he would have you believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP wacko is such a hypocrite. For years now, he has criticized any kid having a birthday before 9/1/2005 as a holdback regardless of whether the kid ever repeated a grade. That is his own definition of holdback. At times he has even referred to any kid with a birthday before 1/1/2006 as a holdback. Meanwhile he is trying to hide the not-so-secret secret that the new kids from Igloo all have birthdays before 9/1/2005. So using his own definition of holdback, WP is just as guilty of holdbacks as everyone else out there. I know this is not going to shut him up. But the next time he goes spewing his detest, just realize that it is complete BS and WP is not as blameless as he would have you believe.

I'll break it down. Igloo went 2-3 in pool play of WSYL. This is because they couldn't bring their best players (too old). The Igloo team imploded since and the oldest (holdbacks as defined by WP) players joined WP and Taz. This means technically both WP and Taz now have "holdbacks". Here's my point. This is within the rules. The difference now is that they can no longer claim being on age. That's all. Period. End. Stop. Play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll break it down. Igloo went 2-3 in pool play of WSYL. This is because they couldn't bring their best players (too old). The Igloo team imploded since and the oldest (holdbacks as defined by WP) players joined WP and Taz. This means technically both WP and Taz now have "holdbacks". Here's my point. This is within the rules. The difference now is that they can no longer claim being on age. That's all. Period. End. Stop. Play the game.
False, do not know about the Pack , but every player Taz Acquired from igloo played in the WSYL with Igloo. So lie and more lies. Check the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False, do not know about the Pack , but every player Taz Acquired from igloo played in the WSYL with Igloo. So lie and more lies. Check the roster.

Chill. It is the truth and we're saying it's within the rules. So your team is better now that you have holdbacks. The majority of your team is still on age. It's a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill. It is the truth and we're saying it's within the rules. So your team is better now that you have holdbacks. The majority of your team is still on age. It's a good thing.
is tourney machine right? Did WP get beat up bu Express North ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lies .. all were at WSYL. Still all on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lies .. all were at WSYL. Still all on age

Truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And you can't handle the truth. Everyone knows you now have holdbacks. Go back to the Long Island Holdback forum where you belong.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard