BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Boys 2025
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Open forum about the Boy's 2025 graduating class in Philadelphia & Vicinity

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the best programs at this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the best programs at this grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Uprising 2025
2. Freedom 2025

Rest are comparable and parity is the norm thus hard to rank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

No one cares about 2025. It means nothing now since you are since you are 6 to 7 years away. Find the best Development program and forget about wins and losses.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the 2025 BL Academy team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout was good, coaching staff that was there was off the charts. No Dad's that sell insurance acting like they are up to date on coaching lacrosse. Based on the talent level there the team should be solid...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cares about 2025. It means nothing now since you are since you are 6 to 7 years away. Find the best Development program and forget about wins and losses.
Not PP, that's what the question is about - who has the best program for developing players. Got it, you don't care unless it's a HS senior but a 6th grade parent cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout was good, coaching staff that was there was off the charts. No Dad's that sell insurance acting like they are up to date on coaching lacrosse. Based on the talent level there the team should be solid...

Agree with this statement. There were a couple of dad's on the field but they were ball boys, as they should be. I think the team will be solid but not great but with the coaching staff that was there I don't see how it doesn't become great. My guess is word will get out and attract others. Somewhat skeptical about how these coaches were retained by BL but definitely off the charts in name and caliber. AM is worth the cost just himself. There is no coach in the country better than him at developing a young offensive player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 302 in Delaware is terrific, just across the state line. My son has played there for several years now and loves it. Equal playing time, no depth charts, no unknown surprise players showing up, not worried about winning tournaments – even though they do win tournaments from time to time. Their goal is to make you better so that you succeed in your home league/school team. The 2 main guys have been doing this for 12 years and both played for the Wings for years, with one of them also on the Team USA indoor lacrosse team who were World Champions. Individual team coaches are all current/former Division 1, 2, or 3 college players, including one from last year’s Yale team and 1 from last year’s Merrimack team – who both won their respective Division 1 and 2 titles. The 2 main guys are both teachers who know who effectively and appropriately communicate with kids. The 2 main guys rotate amongst the different age groups at tournaments and thus coach about half your son's games with the individual team coaches. The focus at this age is development. As you get older, they then also focus on college recruitment, if that's what you want to do. I believe that last year 18 of their 23 high school kids went on to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 302 in Delaware is terrific, just across the state line. My son has played there for several years now and loves it. Equal playing time, no depth charts, no unknown surprise players showing up, not worried about winning tournaments – even though they do win tournaments from time to time. Their goal is to make you better so that you succeed in your home league/school team. The 2 main guys have been doing this for 12 years and both played for the Wings for years, with one of them also on the Team USA indoor lacrosse team who were World Champions. Individual team coaches are all current/former Division 1, 2, or 3 college players, including one from last year’s Yale team and 1 from last year’s Merrimack team – who both won their respective Division 1 and 2 titles. The 2 main guys are both teachers who know who effectively and appropriately communicate with kids. The 2 main guys rotate amongst the different age groups at tournaments and thus coach about half your son's games with the individual team coaches. The focus at this age is development. As you get older, they then also focus on college recruitment, if that's what you want to do. I believe that last year 18 of their 23 high school kids went on to play in college.

Was that cut and paste from 302 brochure?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games at Mid Atlantic spring league last weekend at 2025 level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Although the coach of Mad Dog 2025 is a lunatic and needs somebody to remind him he's coaching 10-11 year old children. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Philly Special team the HHH squad?

Seem strong, although Freedom boys gave them a challenge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, Philly Special is 2025 HHH, minus a player or two. Many have played together for a while, on Uprising and township teams. They are an extremely strong team, but not looking as good as usual in this spring league.

Yes. Although the coach of Mad Dog 2025 is a lunatic and needs somebody to remind him he's coaching 10-11 year old children. . .

Also correct....10 - 0 lead and he's yelling at his very strong team to go harder. Maybe he's a good fit for them though. Parents were still cheering like it'a a championship for that 10th goal, 11th, 12th....Exactly what some families want to avoid when the pick a club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, Philly Special is 2025 HHH, minus a player or two. Many have played together for a while, on Uprising and township teams. They are an extremely strong team, but not looking as good as usual in this spring league.

Also correct....10 - 0 lead and he's yelling at his very strong team to go harder. Maybe he's a good fit for them though. Parents were still cheering like it'a a championship for that 10th goal, 11th, 12th....Exactly what some families want to avoid when the pick a club.

Not even close, no parent was cheering. You might have heard, "nice job" or "great save goalie" for both teams. The coach was coaching, he was yelling at his players to stop going 1:1 and just beating their man. If I recall, they only scored 3 goals in the 2nd half.

Good luck against TriState and Ten10, the top 2 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to look at the date of that quote. It was from 03/24 when he was freaking out on his team during a loss to TeamTEN. Cursed in front of them and outright yelled at them in huddles. I know nothing about that team--the coach looked like a younger (20-something) kid so maybe it wasn't their full-time coach. But the coach that I saw/heard that day was absolutely NOT coaching 10-11 year old kids the way he should have been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to look at the date of that quote. It was from 03/24 when he was freaking out on his team during a loss to TeamTEN. Cursed in front of them and outright yelled at them in huddles. I know nothing about that team--the coach looked like a younger (20-something) kid so maybe it wasn't their full-time coach. But the coach that I saw/heard that day was absolutely NOT coaching 10-11 year old kids the way he should have been.

Are you an NXT official/employee or TeamTEN coach? Not sure how you would have heard otherwize?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you an NXT official/employee or TeamTEN coach? Not sure how you would have heard otherwize?
What does that question even mean? I'm a parent who watched the game--but I could have been ANYONE who passed by the field during the game and heard/watched him coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Brotherly Love Ares 2025 a new team? I don't recall BL having two teams at the '25 level last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Brotherly Love Ares 2025 a new team? I don't recall BL having two teams at the '25 level last year.

They did not build their own 2nd team they just acquired Olde English team that didn't want to become "Mesa Red"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it’s tryout season....which teams are imploding? Who’s gonna reload?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean “Mesa Castoffs”?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2025 Academy Doing in Hershey?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard this was a not a very good situation - everybody upset .... coaches, players and parents combined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard this was a not a very good situation - everybody upset .... coaches, players and parents combined.

Heard you have no clue what you are talking about....imagine that. 1 kid left the team and not a loss at all so how bad can it be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best teams at this age group....

HHH & Team 11?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know what is going with Brotherly Love Academy 2025. My buddy told me that they beat both Crabs and Sweetlax in the AA Bracket in Autumn Classic in Maryland to win it all. I smell a rat, no way that the train wreck I saw at Hersehy is the same team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best teams at this age group....

HHH & Team 11?

HHH by far

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL added one of best players from 24 team who reclassed this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know what is going with Brotherly Love Academy 2025. My buddy told me that they beat both Crabs and Sweetlax in the AA Bracket in Autumn Classic in Maryland to win it all. I smell a rat, no way that the train wreck I saw at Hersehy is the same team.

Amazing how this works have tryouts add kids get better instantly....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team is good we played them at NXT. Goalie is very good. Where did they get the left handed attackman he was unstoppable never seen him before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this begs the question, are they getting better because of all of the training that they promote, or because they can recruit? Any BL parents have an opinion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclass from the 2024 team - very good player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Philly clubs are sending teams to WSYL qualifier? Brotherly Love, NXT, Team10, HHH/Philly Special?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team is good we played them at NXT. Goalie is very good. Where did they get the left handed attackman he was unstoppable never seen him before.

recalls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this begs the question, are they getting better because of all of the training that they promote, or because they can recruit? Any BL parents have an opinion?

recruit and push your kid out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

recruit and push your kid out

Or said differently, BL recruits.. (1) your kid gets better and stays on the field (2) move to another team (3) stop wasting money on travel, your kid doesn't care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
as it should be...The success of the team and quality of clinics will naturally draw more kids in and make recruiting easier. Your kid isn't necessarily pushed out, he simply fails to excel at that level or commit to becoming better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Philly clubs are sending teams to WSYL qualifier? Brotherly Love, NXT, Team10, HHH/Philly Special?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard