BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 66 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Considering they've had two practices, have a new coach with a new offensive approach and haven't played a game, who knows. They lost two kids who started and some other players as well. But they picked up a good sized new attackman, along with what look to be two good poles. But really until they play some games, it's all guesses.
seriously no one cares....The only thing that has kept this organization together was the 2020 team...Great coaches and great players....All the rest is average at best....2021 team is borderline horrible...2022 team died In A lack of talent plane crash, and the 2023 team had horrible coaches and a Daddy ball infestation....Buyer beware on their crappy high school teams... The best part of the organization are all committed and Gon!

Show me on the doll where Looney's hurt you.

Ouch ! Thats gotta Hurt !!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 2023 Looney's team took a major step back based; has anyone heard anything about this team? I thought with Loyola coach taking over the team would take a big jump forward.

They took a big jump forward. No doubt about that.

Care to revise this post? The results to not agree with your statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 2023 Looney's team took a major step back based; has anyone heard anything about this team? I thought with Loyola coach taking over the team would take a big jump forward.

Its Fall, relax, missing players. Big surprise this Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had practice today. Whatcha talkin bout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Orange lose to Green in a scrimmage?
Neither team has a single D1 prospect.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's confusing the Green team (which did play yesterday) with the Orange team (the top team). Orange is only playing in one day of the IL tournament this coming Sunday. So folks can argue about how bad/good they are based on three Fall Ball games after that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's confusing the Green team (which did play yesterday) with the Orange team (the top team). Orange is only playing in one day of the IL tournament this coming Sunday. So folks can argue about how bad/good they are based on three Fall Ball games after that.

Well after all of three Fall Ball games, I think it's clear that the team is MUCH better. Only went 1-2 at the IL showcase, but the two losses were close, well played games to the two best (or close to best) teams there.

Looney's beat up on the LI Express B team 8-1. The score could easily have been higher if Looney's hadn't slowed it down a bit and deliberately worked their offense in the 2nd half.

They then played 91 Bandits and lost 8-5. The Bandits beat everyone else they played by scores of 15-1. The Bandits also played a zone defense (during Fall Ball, come on). Once Looney's adjusted to it in the second half, they outscored the Bandits.

The last game was another close one (9-6) against True Atlantic. That is a True National all-star team who were also beating up on everyone else by 15+ goals. Looney's was tied for most of the game, but True has a huge middie who scored a couple of key goals to put it away in the 4th quarter. Even so, Looney's kept competing to the end.

So, Looney's soundly beat the team they "should" beat, and played two of the best teams in the country neck and neck. Last year's team would have probably lost to that LI Express team (or barely beat them) and would have gotten blown out by the Bandits and True Atlantic. Looney's may not be a great "Elite" level team, but they showed they are a solid "Elite" team. Change was good for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well after all of three Fall Ball games, I think it's clear that the team is MUCH better. Only went 1-2 at the IL showcase, but the two losses were close, well played games to the two best (or close to best) teams there.

Looney's beat up on the LI Express B team 8-1. The score could easily have been higher if Looney's hadn't slowed it down a bit and deliberately worked their offense in the 2nd half.

They then played 91 Bandits and lost 8-5. The Bandits beat everyone else they played by scores of 15-1. The Bandits also played a zone defense (during Fall Ball, come on). Once Looney's adjusted to it in the second half, they outscored the Bandits.

The last game was another close one (9-6) against True Atlantic. That is a True National all-star team who were also beating up on everyone else by 15+ goals. Looney's was tied for most of the game, but True has a huge middie who scored a couple of key goals to put it away in the 4th quarter. Even so, Looney's kept competing to the end.

So, Looney's soundly beat the team they "should" beat, and played two of the best teams in the country neck and neck. Last year's team would have probably lost to that LI Express team (or barely beat them) and would have gotten blown out by the Bandits and True Atlantic. Looney's may not be a great "Elite" level team, but they showed they are a solid "Elite" team. Change was good for them.

Thanks,Loonies Mom ! Dont get to worked up. It is Fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best post of the year - MUCH better (1-2)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing what happens when you cut the cancer out and the offense has no selfish players

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the team was pretty disappointing last year. smirk

How many local club teams (not all-star/tournament teams) could beat the Bandits and True Atlantic? Maybe Hawks, assuming the star Hawks players weren't playing for True. Maybe DC Dogs with their holdbacks. But I bet they would lose both games as well. Point being the earlier post about how the team should disband and is awful looks notIntelligent after the way they played today against very tough competition - and after only 4 practices. The team is significantly better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the team was pretty disappointing last year. smirk

How many local club teams (not all-star/tournament teams) could beat the Bandits and True Atlantic? Maybe Hawks, assuming the star Hawks players weren't playing for True. Maybe DC Dogs with their holdbacks. But I bet they would lose both games as well. Point being the earlier post about how the team should disband and is awful looks notIntelligent after the way they played today against very tough competition - and after only 4 practices. The team is significantly better.

Nice job hanging with the Elite teams; I guess at this point losing by less than 5 goals is a victory. You are also aware that both True and the Bandits did not have their full roster at this event as well like most teams playing Fall Ball? Looney's is slightly better but still a lot of gaping holes in the team that need to be addressed before they will compete at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job hanging with the Elite teams; I guess at this point losing by less than 5 goals is a victory. You are also aware that both True and the Bandits did not have their full roster at this event as well like most teams playing Fall Ball? Looney's is slightly better but still a lot of gaping holes in the team that need to be addressed before they will compete at the next level.

Of course, no team (including Looneys) has their full roster for Fall Ball. True was missing some kids - who play on Looneys - but had the core team that has been playing together since the ACS days. I'm not sure how many kids Bandits was missing (they had a short bench), but that didn't stop them from beating the heck out of every other team they played. And if we are making allowances for those teams...Looneys had to play with a significantly revamped roster after only 4 practices. So, it looks like they are already "competing" at the highest level. Sure they have room to improve, but the talk on this thread about how crappy they are looks wrong now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greasy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 has underperformed every year after 4th grade ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course, no team (including Looneys) has their full roster for Fall Ball. True was missing some kids - who play on Looneys - but had the core team that has been playing together since the ACS days. I'm not sure how many kids Bandits was missing (they had a short bench), but that didn't stop them from beating the heck out of every other team they played. And if we are making allowances for those teams...Looneys had to play with a significantly revamped roster after only 4 practices. So, it looks like they are already "competing" at the highest level. Sure they have room to improve, but the talk on this thread about how crappy they are looks wrong now.

What is their biggest hole to fill at this point? I think with an influx of Loyola boys the team is bound to see some improvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is their biggest hole to fill at this point? I think with an influx of Loyola boys the team is bound to see some improvement.

Yeah but giving roster spots to a predominately all Loyola kids limits your talent pool.....I wouldn't play for them because of the favoritism granted to Loyola kids....Beginning of the end for this club and many others....Parents are going back to Rec model because the club model at the youth level is not a great product..... If Looney's is now turning into an all Loyola model then why would I ever choose to play for this club..... and the same can be said about FCA and Crabs....... In the next 5 years I can see a huge shift back to the Rec model..... Parents are fed up with the poor coaching and sky rocketing costs.....At the end of the day the only years that matter in club lacrosse is 10th and 11th grade..... Everything else is just a waste of time and money... If you want more then find someone who can train your kid to get better...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looneys 26 is a very good team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again with this, T? You need to move on as you are no longer part of the club. We wish you nothing but the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Grief, You again, Still moaning about your son getting cut . Ever thought he just isnt that good ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but giving roster spots to a predominately all Loyola kids limits your talent pool.....I wouldn't play for them because of the favoritism granted to Loyola kids....Beginning of the end for this club and many others....Parents are going back to Rec model because the club model at the youth level is not a great product..... If Looney's is now turning into an all Loyola model then why would I ever choose to play for this club..... and the same can be said about FCA and Crabs....... In the next 5 years I can see a huge shift back to the Rec model..... Parents are fed up with the poor coaching and sky rocketing costs.....At the end of the day the only years that matter in club lacrosse is 10th and 11th grade..... Everything else is just a waste of time and money... If you want more then find someone who can train your kid to get better...

Quite the opposite is happening; kids/parents continue to leave rec to play at a higher level. Club Ball is not going away anytime soon; did you happen to go to any of the IL Tournaments the past weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but giving roster spots to a predominately all Loyola kids limits your talent pool.....I wouldn't play for them because of the favoritism granted to Loyola kids....

As the parent of a non-Loyola kid I was worried about this. As was my son. It has not been the case - at all. If anything the coaching change has seen less favoritism (and more direct coach involvement in subbing and playing time).

There was some movement of kids going to programs affiliated with their high school - Looneys lost a kid to FCA because he's at CH. But at the same time, some Loyola kids didn't make the team because there were non-Loyola kids at their position who were better. And some kids left the team despite going to Loyola.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing about Looneys 2023 is that during the cold fall season there is plenty of warmth and body heat on the sidelines from all of the large Moms.....Greasy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing about Looneys 2023 is that during the cold fall season there is plenty of warmth and body heat on the sidelines from all of the large Moms.....Greasy

stunad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite the opposite is happening; kids/parents continue to leave rec to play at a higher level. Club Ball is not going away anytime soon; did you happen to go to any of the IL Tournaments the past weekend?

I think you will see the top level clubs continue to have success but the lesser clubs will fall off as rec starts to take off. There is no reason to pay 2-3k a year if you can leverage the rec council with the same quality of coaching , practice and games for 1/3- 1/2 the price. It will essentially go back to the way it should where the top players play club and the developing players play club for the recs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you will see the top level clubs continue to have success but the lesser clubs will fall off as rec starts to take off. There is no reason to pay 2-3k a year if you can leverage the rec council with the same quality of coaching , practice and games for 1/3- 1/2 the price. It will essentially go back to the way it should where the top players play club and the developing players play club for the recs.[/quote]

Looneys has been Rec daddy ball from 5th grade through 8th grade. Rec daddy coaches, favoritism, fitting schedule around coach, and lopsided losses. Take your own advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you will see the top level clubs continue to have success but the lesser clubs will fall off as rec starts to take off. There is no reason to pay 2-3k a year if you can leverage the rec council with the same quality of coaching , practice and games for 1/3- 1/2 the price. It will essentially go back to the way it should where the top players play club and the developing players play club for the recs.

Looneys has been Rec daddy ball from 5th grade through 8th grade. Rec daddy coaches, favoritism, fitting schedule around coach, and lopsided losses. Take your own advice.[/quote]

get cut again...and again...and again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looneys has been Rec daddy ball from 5th grade through 8th grade. Rec daddy coaches, favoritism, fitting schedule around coach, and lopsided losses. Take your own advice.

Man, you really have issues with your son getting cut from Looneys. Why dont you move on? Rec is a good option for your family. Nothing wrong with it.
If it wasnt the Looneys, it would have been another club telling your son he isnt for elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

get cut again...and again...and again[/quote]

Club lacrosse for middle/elementary schoolers has only been around for 5-7 years..... FCA MAryland non high school teams and Crabs non-high schools teams looneys etc.... All fairly new... I believe it really started taking off for the 2020 class and took off from there.... As of 5 to 7 years ago club was only for High School.... It should go back that model..... Club in most cases is a horrible experience at the younger ages....High School Club lacrosse is well worth it.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

get cut again...and again...and again

Club lacrosse for middle/elementary schoolers has only been around for 5-7 years..... FCA MAryland non high school teams and Crabs non-high schools teams looneys etc.... All fairly new... I believe it really started taking off for the 2020 class and took off from there.... As of 5 to 7 years ago club was only for High School.... It should go back that model..... Club in most cases is a horrible experience at the younger ages....High School Club lacrosse is well worth it.....[/quote]
Boy I really miss going to the record store to hang out at the mall. I miss a lot of things but it ain't coming back. When the HOCO league will have 2030 Elite, AAA, AA, A, B there will not be a rec league. Now fire up your IROC Z and head home to your greasy mom/wife

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There still are Rec teams. Breakers, koopers, Rock, Kelly post. Rec teams that charge big money
As long as parents are willing to pay it will never go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, you really have issues with your son getting cut from Looneys. Why dont you move on? Rec is a good option for your family. Nothing wrong with it.
If it wasnt the Looneys, it would have been another club telling your son he isnt for elite

FYI - Looneys isn’t elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

depends on the grade. just like FCA, 91 even crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

depends on the grade. just like FCA, 91 even crabs[/quote]

Ok. Which ones for Looneys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]There still are Rec teams. Breakers, koopers, Rock, Kelly post. Rec teams that charge big money
As long as parents are willing to pay it will never go away [/quote]

Looneys too bonehead. You pay all that money, you got nothing to show for it. Rec dads coaches your son up to this point with 2023. Never never did anything and did not improve the players. Any improvement came for kid’s own effort outside practice plus puberty. Total dysfunction. And daddy will be destroyed when junior goes nowhere. It will be tough to face your friends and other team dads after all these years of excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that what you told your son when he got cut ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Flat nose.....come up with something original

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"daddy will be destroyed when junior goes nowhere. It will be tough to face your friends and other team dads after all these years of excuses"

This seems to be EXACTLY what is happening with you. You obviously were involved with the team and no longer are. More than likely, your kid was not selected for Orange team. Now you post about how bad they were/are. Don't take it so hard. There are plenty of good teams out there. Hopefully, your son continues to develop and has a great career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Flat nose.....come up with something original

Ouch ! I guess that struck a nerve. Try rec, they give out participation medals , you can hang it right next to yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"daddy will be destroyed when junior goes nowhere. It will be tough to face your friends and other team dads after all these years of excuses"

This seems to be EXACTLY what is happening with you. You obviously were involved with the team and no longer are. More than likely, your kid was not selected for Orange team. Now you post about how bad they were/are. Don't take it so hard. There are plenty of good teams out there. Hopefully, your son continues to develop and has a great career.

Or better yet.. Dont give up, Try Rec, Might be his calling.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 66 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard