BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 42 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does an older kid have to do with scoring goals? For starters, Rebels and others who go that route do so because they admit their talent pool at the 2025 level is lacking. So, to supplement it, they bring down older kids. Are those older kids better than some 2025s? No, not necessarily. But they are better than what the Rebels already have at the 2025 level? Yes. Otherwise, why bother? Does that directly lead to an increase in goals? No. Does it mean that the Rebels would score more goals with older add-ons than they would if they only played their 2025 talent? Yes. But there's the thing: anytime you see an organization (Rebels, Rupaul/Rushpoop/R$SH, whomever) add older kids what they're telegraphing to the world is: hey, we don't have enough talent at the 2025 level, so we're going to paper over our holes with older kids, who may or may not be better than Express' 2025 kids, but at least they're better than any options we have with our 2025 players. So when you see organizations adding older players, do yourselves a favor: run away as fast as you can and join an organization that only plays 2025 kids (like Express, for example, or some others). At least you know your organization is being honest with you and your kid's development.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd be surprised if CoachC has any 2024s on that team, maybe one? The whole team is TINY. I give them credit that they move the ball extremely well, their offensive players catch and throw better than any other team in the age group and they are well coached especially at rides and clears. The defense is mediocre at best, maybe below average even. The goalie play is nothing special. They will continue to win a ton of games because they can score at will. They are dominant now but it probably won't last much longer. The players overall are quick but very small, weak and not great athletes. Just look down the sideline and you'll see what the parents look like. There are a few other teams that have bigger, stronger, faster kids who are just better athletes who are probably playing a ton of other sports still. In the next year or two, everyone will catch up in terms of stick skills. Talk to me in high school when genetics kicks in and these other teams have linebackers with lacrosse sticks on the field. Ending up at 5'6" and 140 lbs isn't going to cut it.

If past years are any indication, the smaller kids will be pushed aside for larger faster kids over the next few years. That goes for 91 as well. From 8th-9th, many kids are going to reclassify due to the oncoming recruitment events. Holdbacks galore and stud players from other clubs as well. And they will all go to Express and 91 because they have the most pull, best connections and most attention at events. Furthermore, looking at 91 and Express 21's-24's, more and more kids are coming from out of state. Connecticut, NJ, Phily, Florida, NC, Denver, and many Westchester players are scattered among those clubs. If you think it's competitive now, you've not seen anything yet. Your coaches will tell you it will never happen, but high level college commitments are what drive sales. Chan and the mule don't have kids on these teams and priority #1 is to line their pockets. If you want to know where your son will be, look in the mirror. If you are a short dad or if you have a short wife, your kid's days are likely numbered. Unless playing only on man-down or only short stick defensive middie is ok with you, then you may be ok. Enjoy this year, because it's over after this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Express B tryouts?

who cares? team is irrelevant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If you are a short dad or if you have a short wife, your kid's days are likely numbered" - tell that to Jose Altuve's (5'6") parents. What's that you say? Lacrosse is more physical than baseball? Ok, then tell that to Emmit Smith's (5'9") or Barry Sander's (5'8") parents. Athletes, like donkey posters, come in all shapes and sizes, and tall does not = talent. Not to mention that little detail called recessive genes, where short people have tall kids and parents with brown eyes have kids with blue. Look on the sidelines - what you see is not necessarily what you'll get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen to that dweeb, it’s over after this. Who says that. It’s a game guy. It’s a sport, kids are having fun. I can pay the 8700 dollars extra for college. Thanks for your concern though. When I met my wife in college, I didnt really think much of her being 5’3. I didn’t say we shouldn’t get married, because maybe one day, if we have a boy and if he decides to play club lacrosse, he has no shot. It’s over after 12. Comical.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be surprised if CoachC has any 2024s on that team, maybe one? The whole team is TINY. I give them credit that they move the ball extremely well, their offensive players catch and throw better than any other team in the age group and they are well coached especially at rides and clears. The defense is mediocre at best, maybe below average even. The goalie play is nothing special. They will continue to win a ton of games because they can score at will. They are dominant now but it probably won't last much longer. The players overall are quick but very small, weak and not great athletes. Just look down the sideline and you'll see what the parents look like. There are a few other teams that have bigger, stronger, faster kids who are just better athletes who are probably playing a ton of other sports still. In the next year or two, everyone will catch up in terms of stick skills. Talk to me in high school when genetics kicks in and these other teams have linebackers with lacrosse sticks on the field. Ending up at 5'6" and 140 lbs isn't going to cut it.

Chuckster has an 8th grader who is also unfortunately too old for the WSYL. Small and fast, and cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does Annapolis Hawks have for the 2025 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If past years are any indication, the smaller kids will be pushed aside for larger faster kids over the next few years. That goes for 91 as well. From 8th-9th, many kids are going to reclassify due to the oncoming recruitment events. Holdbacks galore and stud players from other clubs as well. And they will all go to Express and 91 because they have the most pull, best connections and most attention at events. Furthermore, looking at 91 and Express 21's-24's, more and more kids are coming from out of state. Connecticut, NJ, Phily, Florida, NC, Denver, and many Westchester players are scattered among those clubs. If you think it's competitive now, you've not seen anything yet. Your coaches will tell you it will never happen, but high level college commitments are what drive sales. Chan and the mule don't have kids on these teams and priority #1 is to line their pockets. If you want to know where your son will be, look in the mirror. If you are a short dad or if you have a short wife, your kid's days are likely numbered. Unless playing only on man-down or only short stick defensive middie is ok with you, then you may be ok. Enjoy this year, because it's over after this.

Wait, what? Long Island Holdbacks??? Cant be true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Green and Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares? And who cares about Chuckie? They are the King until someone knocks them off the throne. everyone else is playing for the steak knives....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Green and Black.

Is green the top team or black?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Green and Black.

Is green the top team or black?

Green is A Black is B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If you are a short dad or if you have a short wife, your kid's days are likely numbered" - tell that to Jose Altuve's (5'6") parents. What's that you say? Lacrosse is more physical than baseball? Ok, then tell that to Emmit Smith's (5'9") or Barry Sander's (5'8") parents. Athletes, like donkey posters, come in all shapes and sizes, and tall does not = talent. Not to mention that little detail called recessive genes, where short people have tall kids and parents with brown eyes have kids with blue. Look on the sidelines - what you see is not necessarily what you'll get.

I agree with this, but the other poster is talking about how the dynamic of the teams have changed after 7th grade. Having an older guy myself, I can tell you that he's right. It's crazy how many kids move to Express and 91. Not saying short kids cant be good (Panell, Kavanaugh, Sankey, etc.. all played high level lax), but given the choice in 8th or 9th grade between a short athletic player and a taller, stronger athletic player, those two teams have definitely gone with the "bigger is better" attitude. Especially from the midfield spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chuckster has an 8th grader who is also unfortunately too old for the WSYL. Small and fast, and cheating.

The team wouldn’t miss a beat in Denver. Not to be mean, but it’s the truth. And true for a lot on the roster, that’s how deep the team is. There is about 7 or 8 that if any left would impact the team. A part from that, Express train rolls on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team wouldn’t miss a beat in Denver. Not to be mean, but it’s the truth. And true for a lot on the roster, that’s how deep the team is. There is about 7 or 8 that if any left would impact the team. A part from that, Express train rolls on

If that’s the case, then why cheat. Send the kid and his jacked up dad back to the 2024s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has a great team. Probably the best team. But you know what, if your number one goal is to be on the best team, congrats, you achieved your goal. These kids and families sacrifice a lot. They practice 4 sometimes 5 times a week. Most teams go twice. Express plays in like 15 tournaments in a calendar year. Most other teams maybe 8 or 9. Express with all the additional fees maybe 8,10 grand a year, most other teams maybe 4 grand. At the end of the day, they should be the best, they deserve to be the best, they are the best. Me personally, I’d rather have my son on a very good team, that costs a few grand less. I’m happy with twice a week practice. My son plays 2 other sports and has something just about every night. I’m happy playing a good amount of tournaments, but I have 3 kids who also play other sports. I like to attend their weekend events also. We also like to do non sport family vacations. Cruises, Disney, Italy,Caribbean, great memories over the years. My sons team works very well for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get rolling on down to Delaware then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats a long ride to take the same Arse-Whooping LI teams could take here locally from Exp. Why does everyone get so bent? They are the best team. Period! Big deal! Does it make your kid any less f a player? Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you Express parents are really embarrassing you are living through little Johnny on a lax field and you all think that you are in the right spot . Talk to me in 4 years when Coach C stops taking your calls and you are scrambling to get into a showcase or even better talk with a college coach . Good Luck with that because i can tell you from experience you are being led down a bad path . Have fun collecting your T Shirts because in 4 years time you and your kid will not remember the T Shirts it is about the next step ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this, but the other poster is talking about how the dynamic of the teams have changed after 7th grade. Having an older guy myself, I can tell you that he's right. It's crazy how many kids move to Express and 91. Not saying short kids cant be good (Panell, Kavanaugh, Sankey, etc.. all played high level lax), but given the choice in 8th or 9th grade between a short athletic player and a taller, stronger athletic player, those two teams have definitely gone with the "bigger is better" attitude. Especially from the midfield spot.

Also having a kid on an older team, this is correct. The coach said "I can teach them lacrosse. I can't teach them size." He didn't cut the better small kids, but they don't play nearly as much as they did or sometimes at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are so irrelevant then why are you talking about them so much... Just sayin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels B is looking for kids too. I guess joingng these teams is a year round option

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every B team is looking for players and every A team is open to a new player if he's going to significantly improve the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they are both looking for checks too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that’s the case, then why cheat. Send the kid and his jacked up dad back to the 2024s

Like it or not, this is how it works now. And, newsflash, hes not the only one. That kid will b going to St Anthony's and will be re-classed when he does. His anticipated graduation year is 2025. That's how it works now in grade-based lacrosse. You don't have to like it, just stop repeating yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Write the check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are so irrelevant then why are you talking about them so much... Just sayin.

Just go enjoy your new shiny red helmet and move on.

Go enjoy your shiny red helmet and move on. Enough already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like it or not, this is how it works now. And, newsflash, hes not the only one. That kid will b going to St Anthony's and will be re-classed when he does. His anticipated graduation year is 2025. That's how it works now in grade-based lacrosse. You don't have to like it, just stop repeating yourself.

Ok daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its interesting how CoachC barely beat 91 Maryland in the playoffs today 7 to 6. But then handily beat the Annapolis Hawks 10 to 3 for the championship.
Either 91 Maryland is really amazing, or CoachC brought in help for the cgampionship game.
Hmmmm
CoachS's team players were available

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its interesting how CoachC barely beat 91 Maryland in the playoffs today 7 to 6. But then handily beat the Annapolis Hawks 10 to 3 for the championship.
Either 91 Maryland is really amazing, or CoachC brought in help for the cgampionship game.
Hmmmm

Why would he do that? The Express 2025 team would likely beat the 2024 team. And the 2024 team was long gone already having lost in pool play and not making it to playoffs.

One of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard on BOTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cheaters gonna cheat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm

Why would he do that? The Express 2025 team would likely beat the 2024 team. And the 2024 team was long gone already having lost in pool play and not making it to playoffs.

Thats a bit cocky thinking that the 2025's would beat the 2024's. Reality is we have reached the point where kids are going thru puberty. The competition that 2024 is coming up against is completely different from what 2025 encounters. Putting sone 2024s in the final game would defenitely help them win the championship. And since they struggled in the prior game against 91 MD, it seems questionable how he went 10 to 3 against tge Hawks a half an hour later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm

now that certainly is not true. 2025 team would never.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm

now that certainly is not true. 2025 team would never.

2024 team was not long gone. They were finishing their pool games just as CoachC was finishing his playooff game against 91 MD. They would have been around for him to pull players for the championship game against the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm

Thats a bit cocky thinking that the 2025's would beat the 2024's. Reality is we have reached the point where kids are going thru puberty. The competition that 2024 is coming up against is completely different from what 2025 encounters. Putting sone 2024s in the final game would defenitely help them win the championship. And since they struggled in the prior game against 91 MD, it seems questionable how he went 10 to 3 against tge Hawks a half an hour later.

You must have better than things to do than sit around and make this stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm

You 91 parents are really sinking to a new low. Just because Express destroyed a team that you lost to, now you need to try to smear them because you can’t handle that they’re that much better than you? Childish. For the record, Team 91 Maryland went 3-0 in arguably the toughest bracket down there. The truth is, they have improved greatly. They were big fast and skilled. They are just another team better than Blast right now. You are just to small to be considered elite. After losing to Hawks, once you lose to 91 Md and the mule sees that you can’t compete with bigger kids, he’s going to recruit heavily. Your team will look drastically different next year and your tiny midfielders will ride pine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm

You 91 parents are really sinking to a new low. Just because Express destroyed a team that you lost to, now you need to try to smear them because you can’t handle that they’re that much better than you? Childish. For the record, Team 91 Maryland went 3-0 in arguably the toughest bracket down there. The truth is, they have improved greatly. They were big fast and skilled. They are just another team better than Blast right now. You are just to small to be considered elite. After losing to Hawks, once you lose to 91 Md and the mule sees that you can’t compete with bigger kids, he’s going to recruit heavily. Your team will look drastically different next year and your tiny midfielders will ride pine.

Too small. You overpaid for that private school education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, relax and take “your” shirt gracefully without going after 91LI. I thought the post was a probably from a Hawks fan. You don’t know who posted, but your angry rant of a reply shows that winning isn’t enough for you It’s probably because your kid doesn’t play. I was there and know that they didn’t use 24s because they barely used half of the 27 or 28 kids that were there from 2025s including your boy apparently. But the shirts are nice, long sleeves are great this time of year. Congratulations angry dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, relax and take “your” shirt gracefully without going after 91LI. I thought the post was a probably from a Hawks fan. You don’t know who posted, but your angry rant of a reply shows that winning isn’t enough for you It’s probably because your kid doesn’t play. I was there and know that they didn’t use 24s because they barely used half of the 27 or 28 kids that were there from 2025s including your boy apparently. But the shirts are nice, long sleeves are great this time of year. Congratulations angry dad!

Keep teaching your kid to beat up on the weak teams and shrink when it matters, Blastard. Sounds like he’s a chip off the old block.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 CoachC spanked the hawks 10-3 while 91 dads are still driving home saying in the car ride home “ did you see the size of those kids on the hawks , They’re older they’re bigger “ lol. Lame excuses, get on the field and play ball and stop your whining, you don’t see express whining and complaining do you , nope , just good load fashioned ballin

Page 22 of 42 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard