BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NJ Riot
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the NJ Riot club team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: NJ Riot
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NJ Riot North are holding their final tryouts on the 20th of September. Are these for positions on the top teams or b teams?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am surprised NJ Riot isn't discussed more in the BOTC forums.. Anyone out there have any insight/thoughts about NJ Riot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, because they stink!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Which NJ Riot Teams are better? NJ Riot North or just NJ Riot?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Really. I was interested to see that the NJ Riot Bantam box team beat the BBL 2023 Box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really. I was interested to see that the NJ Riot Bantam box team beat the BBL 2023 Box.

The NJ Riot Bantam box team needs to develop an offense, trying to run the big kid through everybody as an offense has its limits, not a knock on the kid or his skill set, just a predictable game plan...and what difference does it make that NJ Riot beat BBL in box

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot to mention that Riot's Bantam team is a combo 22/23 team. BBL had a '22 and a '23 team entered. BBl's 22 team won the tournament. I guess you could say that the only way that Riot can beat BBL at anything is by playing older kids. Riot should stick to bragging on twitter about their schwag. That is the only thing they can brag about:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot to mention that Riot's Bantam team is a combo 22/23 team. BBL had a '22 and a '23 team entered. BBl's 22 team won the tournament. I guess you could say that the only way that Riot can beat BBL at anything is by playing older kids. Riot should stick to bragging on twitter about their schwag. That is the only thing they can brag about:)

Combo teams should always play up at the box events, or AA if there is an A and AA division for the age bracket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless. I was still impressed that Riot beat the 23 squad. xu

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would have expected BBL 2023 to destroy Riot regardless of whether or not they had 8th graders on the team. Excellent win for Riot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riot has a solid team so I am not surprised by this win at all. Both teams and programs very good and will continue to battle each other for years to come...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy Riot dad. The only thing Riot can battle BBL in is schwag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Riot Dad. Sorry. If I was, I would be proud of my boy beating the BBL 2023 Squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Riot Dad. Sorry. If I was, I would be proud of my boy beating the BBL 2023 Squad.

You two seem to be getting pretty worked up over winter box, especially in light of the stupidity of the BBL poster's comments. And why just focus BBL, how about something more relevant, like how Riot has done against other teams playing box this winter, Riot has certainly played much better teams than BBL. Also, one box game is not indicative of the overall talent on a team, I have seen plenty of one-goal games between clearly mismatched teams. I am sure that both Riot and BBL have played close one-goal or shoot-out games against teams that they should have blown out, or should have blown them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You two seem to be getting pretty worked up over winter box, especially in light of the stupidity of the BBL poster's comments. And why just focus BBL, how about something more relevant, like how Riot has done against other teams playing box this winter, Riot has certainly played much better teams than BBL. Also, one box game is not indicative of the overall talent on a team, I have seen plenty of one-goal games between clearly mismatched teams. I am sure that both Riot and BBL have played close one-goal or shoot-out games against teams that they should have blown out, or should have blown them out.

Do Riot or BBL do anything in the Spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do Riot or BBL do anything in the Spring?

I believe that BBL is listed on NXT Mid-Atlantic

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NJ Riot's 2019 Squad looks good from when we saw them play in the Fall. Besides Steps and Patriots, where would others stack them as one of the top 2019 teams in NJ for those familiar with their 2019 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. Getting beat by Tristate 4-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Riot 2019 and Riot North 2019 were two very strong teams stacked with talent. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them play in college this year. I say this out of sheer appreciation for their talent. None of my kids played or play for Riot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Riot 2019 and Riot North 2019 were two very strong teams stacked with talent. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them play in college this year. I say this out of sheer appreciation for their talent. None of my kids played or play for Riot.

What high schools are most of the Riot players from?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What high schools are most of the Riot players from?

Paramus, Bergen Catholic, Ridgewoood, Glen Ridge, Don Bosco, St. Joes Reg., Randolph...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2021 and 2022 teams do at the Elite Team tournament in Long Island last weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2021 and 2022 teams do at the Elite Team tournament in Long Island last weekend?

Tourney machine has the scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tourney machine has the scores.

Not from the one they played in at the Igloo tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this club still in existence?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this club still in existence?

Talk that a whole team just defected here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds juicy. Which club defected there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
defected to Riot or defected from Riot. If it is a team that defected to Riot what team. Cannot see any of the major players in the area, Steps, BBL North, BBL, Tri-State, Patriot or any some of the less well known clubs like Brotherhood. Patriot Stars or O2 going there. Maybe one of the newer programs like Lighting or Towermen would make sense going to Riot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
defected to Riot or defected from Riot. If it is a team that defected to Riot what team. Cannot see any of the major players in the area, Steps, BBL North, BBL, Tri-State, Patriot or any some of the less well known clubs like Brotherhood. Patriot Stars or O2 going there. Maybe one of the newer programs like Lighting or Towermen would make sense going to Riot.

If a team moved to Riot, and considering the large amount of Riot kids that play for DB, I would guess that a group of parents might be trying to jump on the DB bandwagon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DB kids I think play for 02 mostly, although some I am sure also play for Riot. I think the two posts which restarted this thread are insinuating that a team is leaving Riot. I am just reading into what has been posted. Riot has a lot of teams and is maybe stretched too thin, both geographically and by numbers. It's all message board speculation at this point for me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a team moved to Riot, and considering the large amount of Riot kids that play for DB, I would guess that a group of parents might be trying to jump on the DB bandwagon

If a team wants to defect and join a club with DB ties or to jump on the DB bandwagon, wouldn't a move to O2 make sense. not much of a club at the younger levels but decent at the older ages and run by the DB head coach. I assume that club will get people trying to play there to impress (or not) the DB coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not a DB, you’re a DB!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O2 does not currently have a 24 team. just saying...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DB has players mostly from o2, Riot, and BBL. Certainly does help the fact that a core group plays throughout the year, Then they pick up great talent from other local high powered clubs. Hence the #13 final ranking team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a team wants to defect and join a club with DB ties or to jump on the DB bandwagon, wouldn't a move to O2 make sense. not much of a club at the younger levels but decent at the older ages and run by the DB head coach. I assume that club will get people trying to play there to impress (or not) the DB coaches.

O2 has not been a particularly strong club in general as far a field teams. As far as DB and Riot, Riot 2023 team has quite a few DB players, and they are pretty good when the DB kids are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O2 has not been a particularly strong club in general as far a field teams. As far as DB and Riot, Riot 2023 team has quite a few DB players, and they are pretty good when the DB kids are playing.

Are the DB kids now playing for Riot 2023 this summer? They struggled in the past few tourneys, so assuming they weren’t there. When they are fully loaded they are hard to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the DB kids now playing for Riot 2023 this summer? They struggled in the past few tourneys, so assuming they weren’t there. When they are fully loaded they are hard to beat.
Club and High School are two different worlds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The DB kids were definitely missing for the first tournament because of TOC, not sure about tournaments after that, but agreed, they are pretty tough when the full roster is playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk that a whole team just defected here.

Well, that was an understatement.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard