BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 42 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are also teams in teh A bracket which belong in B. To save the embarassment I will not name them.

Like your kids team.
db

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also teams in teh A bracket which belong in B. To save the embarassment I will not name them.

He means: to stop embarrassing HIMSELF, he won't name them. Good decision. Go back to living through your 12 year old son - hope you finished your math homework.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a butt!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just Express and 91? No opinion on Force B, Igloo B, Rebels B, Rush B? And it’s all the coach. Find a good one. All those clubs will support B teams, but you need a dedicated coach. And you also need dedication from the players to fully commit. Get that and it can be a C team and you’ll be happy. Point is, a lot of good advice here that people are sharing. Best suggestion was call the coach or club and go to a practice and determine if it fits both ways. Ask how many middies, attack, and defensemen are on the team. Ask how often to you practice, do you have a coach that just does defense and goalies, etc etc. Great responses. I guess B team parents are saner than A team parents...that is a joke.

I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm not sure about 91 and Express B teams. Sure, at our level they are struggling; however, I have a senior and a freshman as well and have seen how they have developed in the past. 91 in particular has historically had some very good B teams. 2019 White, 2020 Orange (both well represented at DI schools), 2021 Ambush, 2022 United (who went off an their own under the 91 umbrella) and 2023 Warriors have all been very well coached and competitive teams that play in the top divisions at top tournaments. 2024 and below are still struggling, but they will likely solidify based on historical data. Express had a very good B team at 2020, but they have really failed to produce a high quality B team for awhile. With that being said, their B teams are still good and well represented in many high level touneys and many are coached by the same guys that coach the private schools. The issue with these clubs is that now they are starting 3rd teams on grade levels. I think the market is just too saturated at this point to be able to maintain a quality 3rd option.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. The bigger clubs definitely offer more in the lines of practice and training. Teams like Turtles, Rebels, Force, Icon, Igloo, etc... are very much hit or miss during the winter and spring. Whereas 91 and Express generally offer included year round training to everyone who cuts the check. And that check is smaller than the parents of A teams are writing.

Agree that these were great B team options but that was before every club had a b team. The landscape has completely changed. More kids playing and have many more options. Also, clubs are using second rate coaches with younger B teams and players don't get development. Just because the kid was a 4 year starter doesnt make him a qualified youth lacrosse coach.

Everything you said about the other years B teams are true. For whatever reason this year just never seemed to be able to get that highly committed coach. Those other years 2022,2023, a few others, those coaches are top notch. You used the word to describe this year as struggling. Struggling is maybe not winning a lot of games. Coaches not showing, canceling practices all the time, no director support, 80 percent of the team not coming to practice. The term is use is disaster.

I think it’s all great info and a lot these last posts have been honest and respectful. A lot better than reading endless pages about the the WSYL being a money grab, holdbacks ruining the sport, accusatory cheating and name calling. Reality is there more players closer to B/B+ than AA.

It's amazing how quickly the travel lax landscape is changing. I truly has become as much about money as it has about developing kids. The truth is, most "B" teams have a few "A" team players and most "A" teams have a few "B" team players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just Express and 91? No opinion on Force B, Igloo B, Rebels B, Rush B? And it’s all the coach. Find a good one. All those clubs will support B teams, but you need a dedicated coach. And you also need dedication from the players to fully commit. Get that and it can be a C team and you’ll be happy. Point is, a lot of good advice here that people are sharing. Best suggestion was call the coach or club and go to a practice and determine if it fits both ways. Ask how many middies, attack, and defensemen are on the team. Ask how often to you practice, do you have a coach that just does defense and goalies, etc etc. Great responses. I guess B team parents are saner than A team parents...that is a joke.

I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm not sure about 91 and Express B teams. Sure, at our level they are struggling; however, I have a senior and a freshman as well and have seen how they have developed in the past. 91 in particular has historically had some very good B teams. 2019 White, 2020 Orange (both well represented at DI schools), 2021 Ambush, 2022 United (who went off an their own under the 91 umbrella) and 2023 Warriors have all been very well coached and competitive teams that play in the top divisions at top tournaments. 2024 and below are still struggling, but they will likely solidify based on historical data. Express had a very good B team at 2020, but they have really failed to produce a high quality B team for awhile. With that being said, their B teams are still good and well represented in many high level touneys and many are coached by the same guys that coach the private schools. The issue with these clubs is that now they are starting 3rd teams on grade levels. I think the market is just too saturated at this point to be able to maintain a quality 3rd option.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. The bigger clubs definitely offer more in the lines of practice and training. Teams like Turtles, Rebels, Force, Icon, Igloo, etc... are very much hit or miss during the winter and spring. Whereas 91 and Express generally offer included year round training to everyone who cuts the check. And that check is smaller than the parents of A teams are writing.

Agree that these were great B team options but that was before every club had a b team. The landscape has completely changed. More kids playing and have many more options. Also, clubs are using second rate coaches with younger B teams and players don't get development. Just because the kid was a 4 year starter doesnt make him a qualified youth lacrosse coach.

Everything you said about the other years B teams are true. For whatever reason this year just never seemed to be able to get that highly committed coach. Those other years 2022,2023, a few others, those coaches are top notch. You used the word to describe this year as struggling. Struggling is maybe not winning a lot of games. Coaches not showing, canceling practices all the time, no director support, 80 percent of the team not coming to practice. The term is use is disaster.

I think it’s all great info and a lot these last posts have been honest and respectful. A lot better than reading endless pages about the the WSYL being a money grab, holdbacks ruining the sport, accusatory cheating and name calling. Reality is there more players closer to B/B+ than AA.

It's amazing how quickly the travel lax landscape is changing. I truly has become as much about money as it has about developing kids. The truth is, most "B" teams have a few "A" team players and most "A" teams have a few "B" team players.

It’s a business and that’s true of all youth sports. Fact is, it’s a 6 billion dollar industry, last I heard. The problem with B players on A teams is that very few want to play on a B team. And understand that because some B teams are run so poorly. But there are great B team situations out there and generally they are always looking for a player or two. I won’t mention clubs, not fair. But you are the consumer, why not find the best situation. No reason to wait for tryouts every year, if you are unhappy and think the team is going nowhere go do some research and call coaches and parents. Nice thing about B teams is they are always looking to improve roster.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is on a A team but never plays in meaningful games is he really a A player or a B player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son is on a A team but never plays in meaningful games is he really a A player or a B player?

Depends on the team. But for the most part yes, but would likely be the best player or first line on a good B team. But parents don’t get that and think it’s about development and hang onto the few minutes their son gets. Never realizing that leaving the team is better for longer term. But you know a lot parents love bragging they are an A team. Lax intervention time. If your son isn’t seeing playing time on his team now, he will likely never crack the lineup. Instead of pep talking him on the way to practice and telling him what he did wrong at practice on the ride home. Ask him was it fun or do want play somewhere that you can’t be a starter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on the team. But for the most part yes, but would likely be the best player or first line on a good B team. But parents don’t get that and think it’s about development and hang onto the few minutes their son gets. Never realizing that leaving the team is better for longer term. But you know a lot parents love bragging they are an A team. Lax intervention time. If your son isn’t seeing playing time on his team now, he will likely never crack the lineup. Instead of pep talking him on the way to practice and telling him what he did wrong at practice on the ride home. Ask him was it fun or do want play somewhere that you can’t be a starter.

WOW! That sounds just like my son. Except, well, he's really not my son. He's a koala. We dress him up as a boy. Anyway, he doesn't play. I think it's cause he's always just hanging around at practice, not doing much, just hanging and eating eucalyptus leaves. I'm sure he'd be better if the coaches paid more attention to him and also when we give him a stick he just eats it. It's not his fault he likes fiber. I'm pretty sure he only made the team because the coach is a mule. I don't care. We live in a lacrosse town and all the moms talk about what teams their kids are on. Of course, mine isn't a kid, he's a joey. But whatever, it keeps the wife happy. She's not too bright. Anyway, she talks about little joey hanging around on the A team and I get to stay late a work making some extra dough to pay for it all. Except, I'm not always at work - sometimes I'm getting a little action with this fox that my old lady don't know about. It's the lax life baby! Hey - why do all these coaches have such white teeth anyway?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is going nowhere. Lets talk about the WSYL...and the money maker that has become... Lets talk about teams that qualify (at the real tournament) and then have the stones to say they don't want to go. Will any qualifying team have the decency to poll the parents, as to if they even want to go to Denver, collectively as a group? Will these organizations realize turning Denver down is just as good as going in terms of "Club Notoriety"? Lets talk about that... What happens is 1/2 the parents want to go and half dont? How about that for conversation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is a waste of money no reason to go ask all the older boys if it really mattered if they went and 98% would say it does not matter . Save your money and go on a family trip .. Wait until the people go and do not play let me know how many kids will be looking for new homes next year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BINGO But do these extortionist Club owners man-up and give the team a choice ? Or do they try and force feed it to all the dopes living vicariously thru their kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen it’s all a money grab. That’s just how it is. I went to yankees/astros game, tickets were a ripoff, parking was a ripoff. The 2 rounds of beer I bought for my 3 friends was a ripoff. Everything about that night was a ripoff. However I chose to go. I knew it would be a ripoff. We as families make the choice to allow our kids to play club lax or club anything I should say. It is a ripoff. I agree. We choose to do this. Everyone should know the deal going in. Some people have tons of money, some people go into debt to have kids play travel sports. I don’t think I would do that, but some people do. Everyone has to do what’s right for their son and family, what’s right for you, may not be right for someone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is a massive joke. Its all for the chest pounding parents. Lets fly out to Denver for a week to play a team we could play at Cantiague Park to show everyone that we are better than them. Complete BS scam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to see what happens if a club qualifies and then 1/2 the team wants to take a pass. Let the fun begin! That will be an un-winnable situation for all involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team will participate in the qualifiers, but knowing that we have no chance of beating Express (as the rest of you do not), we won't be voting to go if the team qualifies. Why? We already play all the top teams in the nation right here on the East Coast, so we have already experienced playing at the top level of the sport. And then we'd have just played all the top teams in the Northeast at the qualifiers. For a middle of the pack team like ours, why spend upwards of $10K to do the same thing over the 4th of July weekend in a landlocked state that's known for its winter activities? Now, if our team was in a seesaw battle with Express over the past two seasons and it was anyone's game, then that would be a different calculation. But it's not. As a matter of fact, I think it would pretty cool if every team declined to go, and Express' recruiting and pilfering techniques were rewarded by them traveling to Colorado to play second tier teams from Montana and Texas named "Roadrunners" or "Yosemite Sams" or whatever. Also, our team has decided to not add 8th graders, so why put ourselves in a position to compete with teams who are looking to maximize their advantage under the rules? No thanks. But all that being said, don't be surprised if the 2025 teams look a bit different next year and the competitive landscape shifts, as the deck reshuffles after parents realize that its in their son's best interest to choose a program that develops them and puts them in the best position to play college lacrosse, and not win a trophy in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the most accurate and well said posts I read on here in a long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're going to see some player movement next year, as the focus shifts from "what team gives my son the best chance to win in Denver" to "which coach/organization gives my son the greatest opportunity to be recruited?" And I think a big part of being recruited is getting meaningful playing time. If you're concerned about your son's playing time, but think you've made the right choice because you're with a "winning" program, it might be time to explore better options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen it’s all a money grab. That’s just how it is. I went to yankees/astros game, tickets were a ripoff, parking was a ripoff. The 2 rounds of beer I bought for my 3 friends was a ripoff. Everything about that night was a ripoff. However I chose to go. I knew it would be a ripoff. We as families make the choice to allow our kids to play club lax or club anything I should say. It is a ripoff. I agree. We choose to do this. Everyone should know the deal going in. Some people have tons of money, some people go into debt to have kids play travel sports. I don’t think I would do that, but some people do. Everyone has to do what’s right for their son and family, what’s right for you, may not be right for someone else.

---

smartest guy in the room. Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know anything about recon or O2?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know anything about recon or O2?

O2 is from NJ and just merged with Hudson Valley Express. I've typically seen them more at box tournaments than field tournaments, so will be interesting to see how they are.
Recon is an organization that has been around Long Island for a while. They are typically better at the HS ages than youth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things have quieted down on this board. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on True Blue at this age? is there more than one team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 1 tournament over fall and went winless. Not much to see there. Regulators is interesting as is that Rebels team. Lots of chatter in this forum regarding them. Dont know much about either other than what I read, but they seem to be a name the people on this site love to write about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regulators and Rebels good luck with that in years to come... lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 1 tournament over fall and went winless. Not much to see there. Regulators is interesting as is that Rebels team. Lots of chatter in this forum regarding them. Dont know much about either other than what I read, but they seem to be a name the people on this site love to write about.

Didn't Rebels bring older kids down to last tournament? That's not interesting. Its cheating!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Rebels bring older kids down to last tournament? That's not interesting. Its cheating!

Did they? You are raising it. So support your statement with facts, which club you are affiliated with, and any other proof. Or throw it on the mountain of half truths and innuendo that people seem to post about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they? You are raising it. So support your statement with facts, which club you are affiliated with, and any other proof. Or throw it on the mountain of half truths and innuendo that people seem to post about.

There’s a lot on that mountain, but not 1 Rebels parent has come out and denied it. Most of the half truths are met with argument. Not this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look out, 91 is coming out of hiding this weekend down in DE! Will all the coaches show up? Will they show a new offense after hiding all this time? Will anyone actually care besides the blastard parents? Speaking of which, will those same parents use the excuse of the team not being an early morning team if they lose their first game or will the excuse be that it’s their first tournament? Inquiring minds want to know...... so we can have a good laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s a lot on that mountain, but not 1 Rebels parent has come out and denied it. Most of the half truths are met with argument. Not this one.

Yup they did. And they are not the only ones. R$sh did as well. Teams are putting 2024 kids in their tournaments who meet the Denver tournament age rules. Express has put older kids like this on their team for a long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup they did. And they are not the only ones. R$sh did as well. Teams are putting 2024 kids in their tournaments who meet the Denver tournament age rules. Express has put older kids like this on their team for a long time.

Express only has one (well documented here) and has a couple of 26 kids on the team too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look out, 91 is coming out of hiding this weekend down in DE! Will all the coaches show up? Will they show a new offense after hiding all this time? Will anyone actually care besides the blastard parents? Speaking of which, will those same parents use the excuse of the team not being an early morning team if they lose their first game or will the excuse be that it’s their first tournament? Inquiring minds want to know...... so we can have a good laugh.

1) Do they ever?
2) They have to use it at some point.
3) Definitely not.
4) All excuses have already been carefully curated and are ready for your Monday morning BOTC reading pleasure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s the problem with age vs grade. An 8th grader can be younger than a 7th grader. Several teams have a player, who is age eligible for WSYL, who participate in these tournaments. Academically they are 8th graders, club lax age requirements they fit in to the 2025 bracket. That’s why nobody knows what the heck is going on. Think about this stupidity for 1 second. A kid is smart enough and socially ok, to be an 8th grade student born October of 2006. Another kid isn’t smart enough or socially behind and his parents elected to have him start late in kindergarten. He is sept of 2006. So he repeated pre school for a year. The 8th grader is younger than the 7th grader. How on this planet, is it justified that the younger kid can’t play and the older kid can. I never even understood this debate. To me it’s a no brainer. To every other sport it’s also a no brainer. Kids that are the same age, competing in a sport isn’t cheating. There is absolutely no response anyone can give that can dispute that fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think theRush and Rebels brought down "Older kids"? You wrote it so I am curious as to why and how someone knows that? Did you ask the kid(s)? The team? Or were you a sheep who heard another malcontent complaining and you followed suit.... Baaaaaaah! Baaaaaaaahhhh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Express B tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow bro..u just got schooled. Dude does have a point. Sheep....good stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think RUpoop and Rebels brought down "Older kids"? You wrote it so I am curious as to why and how someone knows that? Did you ask the kid(s)? The team? Or were you a sheep who heard another malcontent complaining and you followed suit.... Baaaaaaah! Baaaaaaaahhhh!

Its pretty simple. We all know parents on the other teams. So there are plenty of teams we know that its happening in. So yes I know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's no way that Rebels team brought down older players. They scored 7 goals in 3 games against highly mediocre competition and according to the Tourney app, they won 2 games total in the last 2 tournaments. If they had older players playing, they surely would have done better than that. What you're seeing with that team is exactly what you saw last year - mediocrity. And that's what you'll see in the spring - more mediocrity. But again, if the parents are happy with their son's playing time, who cares what their record is or if they go 1-2 every tournament? Your son isn't getting recruited off the team's record, he's getting recruited off his minutes spent actually on the field. As a matter of fact, we should rename this forum from BOTC to AOTF. This way, anyone who's kid is player 23 through 30 on a "juggernaut" can't comment even though he's "winning", because while his teammates who actually start may be putting the ball in the BOTC, their son isn't AOTF, so they're losing out on critical development time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parity at it's best! The guy above nailed it: Make sure your kid is playing and enjoying the experience. If not move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be surprised if CoachC has any 2024s on that team, maybe one? The whole team is TINY. I give them credit that they move the ball extremely well, their offensive players catch and throw better than any other team in the age group and they are well coached especially at rides and clears. The defense is mediocre at best, maybe below average even. The goalie play is nothing special. They will continue to win a ton of games because they can score at will. They are dominant now but it probably won't last much longer. The players overall are quick but very small, weak and not great athletes. Just look down the sideline and you'll see what the parents look like. There are a few other teams that have bigger, stronger, faster kids who are just better athletes who are probably playing a ton of other sports still. In the next year or two, everyone will catch up in terms of stick skills. Talk to me in high school when genetics kicks in and these other teams have linebackers with lacrosse sticks on the field. Ending up at 5'6" and 140 lbs isn't going to cut it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does an older kid have to do with scoring goals? I know 26's that can outscore 25's and 24's. Thats just an ignorant argument. Rebels had a few bigger kids and so did Rupoop but so what? Does that mean the dwarves on those rosters are 2030's? Please... Next argument

Page 21 of 42 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard