BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Keep drinking that Koolaid"

Well my oldest played SW White and started lacrosse as a 7th grader and she plays low level D1

Top players on A teams in B type brackets do better but if that is all you are shooting for congrats

I don't understand what the comment "all I'm shooting for" means. My daughter decided later than her friends to pick up lacrosse. She was not good enough to make SW blue - but they offered her white - she accepted. She was a decent high school player - not the strongest on her team but a good player. She was able to get recruited on a low level D1 school. Since we're more worried about whether the school was a good fit and less about the lacrosse it worked out well for her. Not every girl playing club is going to get recruited to the top 10 -20 Div I schools. And I get the feeling you're an M&D parent - I have news for you - not every M&D black girl is going to get recruited to those schools either. Trust me - I've seen it the past couple years.

Maybe my family was shooting for a school that my daughter loves w/ the benefit of playing lacrosse there. She stays in shape - gets playing time (which is more than can be said for some black/blue/green girls going to MD, UNC, Syracuse, Hopkins, etc.) and is getting a good education with a little bit of a lax $$. If you took away the lacrosse and the $3,000 off - she would still want to be at her school . So yeah - it worked out for us.

But the whole point of my original comment was to say that YES - some people who play SW White can play DI. Obviously not all - maybe not alot - but some. And maybe they're not worried about playing DI - there's alot of schools out there. geez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't endorse Skywalkers - but it worked out well for us. But people on here seem to want to bash them for everything. They offer a white team - people accept and pay the money. Why other people/strangers care and feel the need to comment is beyond me

they comment because its anonymous, they feel better about themselves degrading someone else's SW experience and they are usually just sad lonely people...BTW good for your kid finding the right school for her.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to lacrosse-did anyone watch any 25's last weekend in the rain?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my oldest played SW White and started lacrosse as a 7th grader and she plays low level D1

Top players on A teams in B type brackets do better but if that is all you are shooting for congrats

I don't understand what the comment "all I'm shooting for" means. My daughter decided later than her friends to pick up lacrosse. She was not good enough to make SW blue - but they offered her white - she accepted. She was a decent high school player - not the strongest on her team but a good player. She was able to get recruited on a low level D1 school. Since we're more worried about whether the school was a good fit and less about the lacrosse it worked out well for her. Not every girl playing club is going to get recruited to the top 10 -20 Div I schools. And I get the feeling you're an M&D parent - I have news for you - not every M&D black girl is going to get recruited to those schools either. Trust me - I've seen it the past couple years.

Maybe my family was shooting for a school that my daughter loves w/ the benefit of playing lacrosse there. She stays in shape - gets playing time (which is more than can be said for some black/blue/green girls going to MD, UNC, Syracuse, Hopkins, etc.) and is getting a good education with a little bit of a lax $$. If you took away the lacrosse and the $3,000 off - she would still want to be at her school . So yeah - it worked out for us.

But the whole point of my original comment was to say that YES - some people who play SW White can play DI. Obviously not all - maybe not alot - but some. And maybe they're not worried about playing DI - there's alot of schools out there. geez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't endorse Skywalkers - but it worked out well for us. But people on here seem to want to bash them for everything. They offer a white team - people accept and pay the money. Why other people/strangers care and feel the need to comment is beyond me

The only benefit that I see being on a team's B team is that you are in the program and if you have aspirations of making their A team in theory you may have an inside track. Though in most cases coaches/parents are recruiting players from other A teams, making for more competition for limited roster spots. The reality is however the A and B teams of a program are essentially 2 different teams that do not practice together and are ran totally separate. You may wear the same uniform, share an occasional practice field or scrimmage but after that they mind as well be 2 different teams. From there you have to look at depth, players 1-12 on a B team may be good and even A quality players that may have been overlooked or chose to play on the B team but the drop off from 13-20 is huge. I'm glad it worked out for your daughter but the reality is that the 2nd team of any club's age group is a money grab (a $40k plus money grab). If you recruited the top girls on each of the B Teams to some of the mid level/emerging clubs you could add 2-3 competitive A teams to this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some advice to the 25 age group - the "A" team rosters will change a good bit once in high school particularly at M&D and SW so don't get too comfortable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]"Keep drinking that Koolaid"

the B team but the drop off from 13-20 is huge. I'm glad it worked out for your daughter but the reality is that the 2nd team of any club's age group is a money grab (a $40k plus money grab). If you recruited the top girls on each of the B Teams to some of the mid level/emerging clubs you could add 2-3 competitive A teams to this age group.

What do you tell girls number 13-20 on the B teams? Sorry you can't play club lacrosse any more, because it's just a "money grab" - just stick to rec.

These LAX Clubs have B teams because there is a demand for them. You may have a newer girl to the sport like the previous poster, or someone developing a little later.

BTW, my daughter is not in the above situation. But someone has defend my 13-20 friends of my daughter.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the B team but the drop off from 13-20 is huge. I'm glad it worked out for your daughter but the reality is that the 2nd team of any club's age group is a money grab (a $40k plus money grab). If you recruited the top girls on each of the B Teams to some of the mid level/emerging clubs you could add 2-3 competitive A teams to this age group.

What do you tell girls number 13-20 on the B teams? Sorry you can't play club lacrosse any more, because it's just a "money grab" - just stick to rec.

These LAX Clubs have B teams because there is a demand for them. You may have a newer girl to the sport like the previous poster, or someone developing a little later.

BTW, my daughter is not in the above situation. But someone has defend my 13-20 friends of my daughter.

The defense for girls 13-20 is to save your money and in most cases playing rec at $175 is better option. Then take the 2k that you saved and put it towards training and development. I will say this, my kids have been playing club a long time and I can't remember 1 time that the coaches went over the fundamentals of catching, throwing or shooting. There just isn't enough time and the expectation is that they can already do this or are working on it outside of practice. They may pull a player aside to tweak something but certainly will not take a whole practice or pull the teams aside to work on that. But I get it. Club sports have taken over. It isn't flashy to say you play for KP, LTRC, Severna Park, Reistersown, Crofton or any other rec program. If it isn't a known club the peer pressure that kids deal with is real and in many instances paying the 2k is the immediate remedy. BUT if you are truly concerned with players 13-20 rec and training is a much better option than club. Not only from a cost perspective but many also play in indoor and fall and summer tournaments at a fraction of the cost. So don't down on rec like its some purgatory, for many kids it is a solid option to develop their skills and have success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only benefit that I see being on a team's B team is that you are in the program and if you have aspirations of making their A team in theory you may have an inside track. Though in most cases coaches/parents are recruiting players from other A teams, making for more competition for limited roster spots. The reality is however the A and B teams of a program are essentially 2 different teams that do not practice together and are ran totally separate. You may wear the same uniform, share an occasional practice field or scrimmage but after that they mind as well be 2 different teams. From there you have to look at depth, players 1-12 on a B team may be good and even A quality players that may have been overlooked or chose to play on the B team but the drop off from 13-20 is huge. I'm glad it worked out for your daughter but the reality is that the 2nd team of any club's age group is a money grab (a $40k plus money grab). If you recruited the top girls on each of the B Teams to some of the mid level/emerging clubs you could add 2-3 competitive A teams to this age group.

Totally agree -there are many A teams for midlevel clubs that could become A level teams but the B team money grab keeps them at that level. The sensitive SW parent may not have realized his D could have been a better /more showcased player for a midlevel team and end up at a better school. My D was at a midlevel team where she was the top player and ended in top 20 school. A lot of her friends left and ended up at MDU and Integrity B teams and settled for poor academic schools just to play at low D1 level and D2. Valid discussion of value of B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The defense for girls 13-20 is to save your money and in most cases playing rec at $175 is better option. Then take the 2k that you saved and put it towards training and development. I will say this, my kids have been playing club a long time and I can't remember 1 time that the coaches went over the fundamentals of catching, throwing or shooting. There just isn't enough time and the expectation is that they can already do this or are working on it outside of practice. They may pull a player aside to tweak something but certainly will not take a whole practice or pull the teams aside to work on that. But I get it. Club sports have taken over. It isn't flashy to say you play for KP, LTRC, Severna Park, Reistersown, Crofton or any other rec program. If it isn't a known club the peer pressure that kids deal with is real and in many instances paying the 2k is the immediate remedy. BUT if you are truly concerned with players 13-20 rec and training is a much better option than club. Not only from a cost perspective but many also play in indoor and fall and summer tournaments at a fraction of the cost. So don't down on rec like its some purgatory, for many kids it is a solid option to develop their skills and have success.

If the parents want to spend the money on their daughters to play club, I don't see the big deal. I think they can do B team for a few years and then try to make that mid-level A team. I don't disagree with the other things that you mentioned. I just think there should be an option for a girl that wants to play club. Rec and private lessons are great, but the more stick time a player has the better they will become. My daughter does rec, club, and private lessons. I agree about the lack of fundamentals at the club level. First thing done at my daughters private lessons was throwing and catching mechanics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The older B teams from YJ, Capital and SW have significantly better talent than most other B teams (certainly MDU and Integrity) and can compete with if not beat most mid-level A teams. These top B teams typically play against one another at G8 level tournaments and the games are intense with lot of college coaches watching. I know Capital has girls from their 2019 B team going to Harvard, UVA, William and Mary, VA Tech, Boston U and numerus NESCAC schools. Further, many of these same B girls are playing with their friends who are also teammates on nationally ranked highs school programs. Perhaps, some parents are "shooting for" an overall good experience with an established club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D would be the only B team if we had to go that way. I know that will cause over sensitivity but the way things are right now -truth.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D would be the only B team if we had to go that way. I know that will cause over sensitivity but the way things are right now -truth.

I know it was fall ball in the rain, but M&D Red looked awful against the YJ C team a few weeks back. The scores weren't posted, but it may have been a shutout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M & D Red teams are fairly decent, but lose 90% of the time to YJ, Capital, Heros, and SW. Most of their players end up on D3 teams, not that there is anything wrong with that. No over sensitivity here at all. -truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M & D Red teams are fairly decent, but lose 90% of the time to YJ, Capital, Heros, and SW. Most of their players end up on D3 teams, not that there is anything wrong with that. No over sensitivity here at all. -truth

Calling BS on this

For fun was looking on commitments site 2019s and M&D and YJ equal D1 and a few D2 and D3. Followed by Heroes then SW and everyone else. Capital orange teams have been downward trend for a while. You must be living in the past .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The commitment lists on the websites of Heroes and SW are woefully incomplete since 2019...many players not listed are freshman on teams at legit schools this year. YJ, M&D and TLC do a much better job of updating commitment information including their verbal commits of the 2021 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know it was fall ball in the rain, but M&D Red looked awful against the YJ C team a few weeks back. The scores weren't posted, but it may have been a shutout.

Yep, Red lost 1-7. As with all of the teams in the fall there are many players out for soccer and other sports. I'm sure Janelli had some out too. YJ B-team (Janelli) is the team that was played. Janelli played much better in the rain and the size of the Janelli girls made the difference vs Red's speed. Red forgot how to pass and catch and Janelli was aggressive going to the goal. No doubts, Janelli was the better team that day. MnD Red Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7:45 game Hagerstown Saturday -high temps 50's-yikes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7:45 has temps at 32 degrees on Saturday. The first freeze of the year is always the toughest as young kids haven't become accustomed to it yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling BS on this

For fun was looking on commitments site 2019s and M&D and YJ equal D1 and a few D2 and D3. Followed by Heroes then SW and everyone else. Capital orange teams have been downward trend for a while. You must be living in the past .

All the recruits listed on M and D 2019's are Black players. I know for a fact most Red go D2 or D3. There are a few that go D1. As for the 90%, I was speaking about the HS age girls. Younger M and D red teams are better and I realize this is a 2025 age group string, however when SW players get older, the better coaching catches up and surpasses M and D's red teams. On all the organizations listed above.

If by calling "BS" does that stand for "Believable Stance"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news LOL obvious SW parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD teams about to get a wooping next weekend...YJs coming to town!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome. MD loves receiving the extra money from out-of-state teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There goes the neighborhood

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7:45 has temps at 32 degrees on Saturday. The first freeze of the year is always the toughest as young kids haven't become accustomed to it yet.

Worst run tourney ever-no lights or event staff -frost on overgrown grass fields, not enough bathroom facilities(portapots). Refs were obviously just training as well-hope this one gets replaced with turf field complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And we love coming there to Smash some Crab! Hopefully you guys won’t whine and complain too much when you lose! #strongisland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 weeks ago M&D Black shutout YellowJackets 11-0. Thanks for coming. See you in 2 weeks and thanks for bringing the tatted up cow of a wife as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 weeks ago M&D Black shutout YellowJackets 11-0. Thanks for coming. See you in 2 weeks and thanks for bringing the tatted up cow of a wife as well

Also there is not a w in the word ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And we love coming there to Smash some Crab! Hopefully you guys won’t whine and complain too much when you lose! #strongisland

Sounds fantastic! Appreciate you giving us advanced notice of our impending doom. We will work really hard to be more competitive so you don't waste your time driving down. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Lomo parents are garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. 11-0 loss last time we met and you are trash talking. Just like a LI dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Worst run tourney ever-no lights or event staff -frost on overgrown grass fields, not enough bathroom facilities(portapots). Refs were obviously just training as well-hope this one gets replaced with turf field complex.

I agree. Was at Hagerstown Soccerplex this weekend too and this event has gone down Hill from where it was a few years ago. Refs didn't get the memo that free movement only applied to high school, so games were chaos as those teams that read the rules and followed them were disadvantaged. Also, hope those waivers hold up for the organizers for those girls injured playing on icy grass at 7:45 am. And only 1 slow food truck for the entire event with a 30-60 minute line?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Was at Hagerstown Soccerplex this weekend too and this event has gone down Hill from where it was a few years ago. Refs didn't get the memo that free movement only applied to high school, so games were chaos as those teams that read the rules and followed them were disadvantaged. Also, hope those waivers hold up for the organizers for those girls injured playing on icy grass at 7:45 am. And only 1 slow food truck for the entire event with a 30-60 minute line?

Yes. terrible. 1 food truck that was slow, I didn't even bother waiting on that ridiculous line. Also don't forget the icy wood walkway over the stream. I personally saw 3 people fall before they closed it down. Hope they had a good lawyer draft those waivers, next time they might have to have the parents sign them too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they?

Seems like the YJ 25s hid out in Jersey this weekend playing no one and fearing the crab.

Looks like 91 & TG are the only LIDs making the trip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJs can’t compete down here on their own. We enjoy taking your dollars, making you drive home losers, while our fields get a healthy sprinkling of Trash Island tears from your daughters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJs can’t compete down here on their own. We enjoy taking your dollars, making you drive home losers, while our fields get a healthy sprinkling of Trash Island tears from your daughters.

Don't kid yourself, CR is clearly filing a filing a State of MD tax return and taking everyone's money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself, CR is clearly filing a filing a State of MD tax return and taking everyone's money.

I’m sure you won’t be talking this trash when Spallina’s team comes to town and whips your daughters team like they do Every time! Try not whine to cry to much. . And I’ll be sure to hand you my bag of garbage on the way out. You’ll know what to do with it right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure you won’t be talking this trash when Spallina’s team comes to town and whips your daughters team like they do Every time! Try not whine to cry to much. . And I’ll be sure to hand you my bag of garbage on the way out. You’ll know what to do with it right?

That is truly appreciated. We always like when our guests clean up after themselves. We wish your daughters well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are just a sad and awful adult. I hope your child has better manners than you do. You're embarrassing to ALL MD programs. Get help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To change the subject and put the focus back on the field, how did teams look at the play days this past weekend? Any surprises??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one below the Mason Dixon line talks trash like that except maybe rust-belters. Stop trolling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To change the subject and put the focus back on the field, how did teams look at the play days this past weekend? Any surprises??

Tough to gauge with 2 bad tourneys over weekend. Laxin out Loud not many quality teams and Natl FallFest had horrible fields and refs. Midatlantic in the cold temps this weekend should have better competition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard