BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,912
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 42 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the Force B team is still looking for a few good players...middies I believe.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everyone at express got their helmets already so why did they have players on the field with helmets from other clubs? why didn't the players that pay to play get on the field? express davis parents have a good argument for a refund so they can find a better home for their kid. there are plenty of other teams looking for players where your kid won't be taught that cheating is okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
everyone at express got their helmets already so why did they have players on the field with helmets from other clubs? why didn't the players that pay to play get on the field? express davis parents have a good argument for a refund so they can find a better home for their kid. there are plenty of other teams looking for players where your kid won't be taught that cheating is okay.

Wow. That shows you how little Express thinks about their lower level teams.
When CoachC cheats like that with his A team he brings helmets and uniforns for the kids to wear that are not on the team, but he brought in to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was 1 kid without an express helmet and that 1 kid filled in for a kid who was injured. I dont see anything wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The last time there was a decent B team in a multiple team organisation was with Legacy when they had the Blue Devils. And we all know what happened to that team."

And what exactly happened, Mr. Know it All? Interesting you allude to something without actually describing it, which means you really don't know and are just talking out of your carbon-alloy shaft. That Blue Devils team had great coaches (including and especially the head coach) and solid talent, and was fully supported by Legacy. "What happened" is what happens to every team in every organization at some point: whispering begins on the sidelines by juvenile adults, followed by complaining in cliques, which then leads to certain parents deciding to leave convinced that the grass is greener elsewhere. Also, it probably didn't help that certain parents from Legacy's A team made spectacles of themselves at a tournament, becoming physically threatening and using profanity in front of the kids when they learned that their A team would not be allowed to play the Blue Devils in a championship (despite it being a "B" tournament) and that the Blue Devils, and not the "A" Geese, would be getting the t-shirts and hats (which my son indifferently tossed in the trash a long time ago). Talk about mortifying. It was awful watching 10 year olds with tears in their eyes begging their parents to "stop", and that pretty much sealed the deal for a bunch of us who left the following year. Not surprisingly, these were the same classy people from West Islip (although one particular vulgar loudmouth was from Sachem) who later left the Geese because, at some point in the past, one of the Legacy coaches cut some of their sons from the town travel team, and of course revenge had to be exacted. If you read this forum, you'll see they're still at it 4 or 5 years after the fact, bashing Legacy and that coach because their emotional boo-boo from West Islip PAL still hasn't healed (that Sachem person is just a bad egg). Sad and pathetic. But no, there's no reason as an organization can't have a good A and B team, as long as you keep the trash where it belongs - off the sidelines and in the bin.

If you had read my entire post instead of concentrating on the final sentence you would realise this wasnt an insult to Blue Devils. In fact it was a compliment. It was one of the few possibly only really good B team in an organization where there were multiple teams in 2025 age bracket. And it had really good coaches. However, when everything happened with the Geese, and I agree how badly those parents acted who left, Legacy dissolved the Blue Devils and kept only the Geese to try and save it. I think in the end if they had concentrated as much on mantaining the Blue Devils, they would have bern more successful. But these organizations prioritize there A team over their B team.
Ultimately people who want a B team are better with an organization with only one team in the age bracket.

I apologize to you for taking your comment the wrong way. But you should know that Legacy didn't dissolve the Blue Devils, the parents left. Legacy would have been more than happy to keep that team going. And why not? They were competitive, winning 2 championships in 2 years. The ironic part is that there are several players from that 2016/17, 2017/18 Legacy Blue Devils "B" team, like my son, who now play for "A" CoachC, R$SH GoldRush, Rebels and Team 91. Legacy should have "promoted" those kids to the Geese once that group of 5 parents left Legacy mid-season to try out for 91 back in the spring of '18. It was pretty foolish - they were labeled as "B" kids as 9 year olds and now they're handing it to the Geese while playing on A squads for other organizations. Maybe they're not the "best of the best", but it looks like the Geese could sure use them now. It's unreal, that that small group of disgruntled parents wound up destroying two teams in the 2025 age group for Legacy. I'm sure Karma will deal with them eventually. But maybe this story has a happy ending - the tide carried out the seaweed, and there are rumors that Legacy brought down the Taz coaching staff to work with the Geese and that they have them practicing with the 2024 team. My son is happy where he is, but I wouldn't automatically rule out a return to Legacy tryouts next year if that were true. There's still a few years of travel lacrosse left, the wheel could turn again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are all happy on the team. May I suggest at the next tourney feel free to stop by the team tent and ask us all for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MOST BORING POSTS EVER ZZZZZ WHAT IS YOUR POINT IN 20 WORDS OR LESS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The last time there was a decent B team in a multiple team organisation was with Legacy when they had the Blue Devils. And we all know what happened to that team."

And what exactly happened, Mr. Know it All? Interesting you allude to something without actually describing it, which means you really don't know and are just talking out of your carbon-alloy shaft. That Blue Devils team had great coaches (including and especially the head coach) and solid talent, and was fully supported by Legacy. "What happened" is what happens to every team in every organization at some point: whispering begins on the sidelines by juvenile adults, followed by complaining in cliques, which then leads to certain parents deciding to leave convinced that the grass is greener elsewhere. Also, it probably didn't help that certain parents from Legacy's A team made spectacles of themselves at a tournament, becoming physically threatening and using profanity in front of the kids when they learned that their A team would not be allowed to play the Blue Devils in a championship (despite it being a "B" tournament) and that the Blue Devils, and not the "A" Geese, would be getting the t-shirts and hats (which my son indifferently tossed in the trash a long time ago). Talk about mortifying. It was awful watching 10 year olds with tears in their eyes begging their parents to "stop", and that pretty much sealed the deal for a bunch of us who left the following year. Not surprisingly, these were the same classy people from West Islip (although one particular vulgar loudmouth was from Sachem) who later left the Geese because, at some point in the past, one of the Legacy coaches cut some of their sons from the town travel team, and of course revenge had to be exacted. If you read this forum, you'll see they're still at it 4 or 5 years after the fact, bashing Legacy and that coach because their emotional boo-boo from West Islip PAL still hasn't healed (that Sachem person is just a bad egg). Sad and pathetic. But no, there's no reason as an organization can't have a good A and B team, as long as you keep the trash where it belongs - off the sidelines and in the bin.

If you had read my entire post instead of concentrating on the final sentence you would realise this wasnt an insult to Blue Devils. In fact it was a compliment. It was one of the few possibly only really good B team in an organization where there were multiple teams in 2025 age bracket. And it had really good coaches. However, when everything happened with the Geese, and I agree how badly those parents acted who left, Legacy dissolved the Blue Devils and kept only the Geese to try and save it. I think in the end if they had concentrated as much on mantaining the Blue Devils, they would have bern more successful. But these organizations prioritize there A team over their B team.
Ultimately people who want a B team are better with an organization with only one team in the age bracket.

I apologize to you for taking your comment the wrong way. But you should know that Legacy didn't dissolve the Blue Devils, the parents left. Legacy would have been more than happy to keep that team going. And why not? They were competitive, winning 2 championships in 2 years. The ironic part is that there are several players from that 2016/17, 2017/18 Legacy Blue Devils "B" team, like my son, who now play for "A" CoachC, R$SH GoldRush, Rebels and Team 91. Legacy should have "promoted" those kids to the Geese once that group of 5 parents left Legacy mid-season to try out for 91 back in the spring of '18. It was pretty foolish - they were labeled as "B" kids as 9 year olds and now they're handing it to the Geese while playing on A squads for other organizations. Maybe they're not the "best of the best", but it looks like the Geese could sure use them now. It's unreal, that that small group of disgruntled parents wound up destroying two teams in the 2025 age group for Legacy. I'm sure Karma will deal with them eventually. But maybe this story has a happy ending - the tide carried out the seaweed, and there are rumors that Legacy brought down the Taz coaching staff to work with the Geese and that they have them practicing with the 2024 team. My son is happy where he is, but I wouldn't automatically rule out a return to Legacy tryouts next year if that were true. There's still a few years of travel lacrosse left, the wheel could turn again.

Theres the GUy.. UNREAL. It will be your loss in the end. Legacy solid organization . Tommy Z. one of the best Advocates out there. Keep chasing the Shirt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was 1 kid without an express helmet and that 1 kid filled in for a kid who was injured. I dont see anything wrong with that.

How much playing time did he get?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are all happy on the team. May I suggest at the next tourney feel free to stop by the team tent and ask us all for yourself.

Will do Coach Davis.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does FLG still have a 2025 (A or B) team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like someone who doesn't want to turn in their bumper sticker and snazzy shirts they just bought. maybe someone will think your kid plays for CoachC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He played LSM so you do the math genius.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With that many kids they did not have a back up and needed bring in a guest player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i saw him playing defense and taking face offs. not even kidding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of explaining to do for the first tournament of a new team. The directors must be so pleased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With that many kids they did not have a back up and needed bring in a guest player?

I agree. You have 20 to 23 kids on a team. You generally have 3 lines of middies. If soneone is injured or cant make it, the other kids just get more playing time. If you are bringing in soneone not on the team, you are just cheating and looking to make your team do better by using an A player from another team thats not at the tournament or has a different schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Second Tier team Rankings

Rush
Hitmen
Empire
Express
FLG
Epic Jokers
Turtles
Outlaws
Rebels Red
Force
Igloo
S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman
Express
Epic jokers
Turtles
Rush
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Igloo
Outlaws
S2s
Force

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of explaining to do for the first tournament of a new team. The directors must be so pleased.

i know the tryouts for express b were a total mess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman
Express
Epic jokers
Turtles
Rush
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Igloo
Outlaws
S2s
Force

Looks correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitmen? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman
Express
Epic jokers
Turtles
Rush
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Igloo
Outlaws
S2s
Force

Looks correct

If by "correct", you mean "all of these teams are basically the same and would trade wins/losses depending on the day they play each other" then yeah....this list of rankings is correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman
Express
Epic jokers
Turtles
Rush
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Igloo
Outlaws
S2s
Force

Looks correct

If by "correct", you mean "all of these teams are basically the same and would trade wins/losses depending on the day they play each other" then yeah....this list of rankings is correct

Yes, likely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman
Express
Epic jokers
Turtles
Rush
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Igloo
Outlaws
S2s
Force

Looks correct

Great response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitmen? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
Hitman
Turtles
Rush
Epic jokers
Igloo
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Outlaws
S2s
Force

FTFY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does S2S still have the Gators and the Sharks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jokers will fall apart. Angry parents, bully type kids, and registering for tournaments they have no business attending. And a coach that bailed on his former team. Bad recipe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jokers will fall apart. Angry parents, bully type kids, and registering for tournaments they have no business attending. And a coach that bailed on his former team. Bad recipe.

Speaking of Epic Jokers, why in the world are they competing in A brackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like sour grapes. If you knew the story of why he left then you would never post something like this. He didn't bail out. The organization he was with has a history of running off coaches. It's a shame of what it became because what the organization stood for was awesome. Too much dysfunction and gossip eventually took it down.

He's an outstanding coach, if he wasn't so far away from where we are my son would be with him without question. I agree they probably came out to play in tougher tournaments than they should have. But knowing him, he probably wanted to challenge them after the way they finished the summer. Nothing wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You dont know anything about that team. Most of that team is made up of the same kids that were on Mamaz Boyz. And parents were unhappy with Mamaz Boyz owner, not the coach.
He established Epic Jokers so Eastend kids would have a competitive club team that wasnt too far to get to. Most teams are a far drive for families on the east end of suffolk. I know people on that team and they love their coach and find it to be a really positive experience.
And if they want to try tournaments in the A bracket to challenge themselves, then thats theur prerogative. Fall ball is all about figuring out where your kids are at skillwise and what needs to be worked on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joker coaches are awesome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You dont know anything about that team. Most of that team is made up of the same kids that were on Mamaz Boyz. And parents were unhappy with Mamaz Boyz owner, not the coach.
He established Epic Jokers so Eastend kids would have a competitive club team that wasnt too far to get to. Most teams are a far drive for families on the east end of suffolk. I know people on that team and they love their coach and find it to be a really positive experience.
And if they want to try tournaments in the A bracket to challenge themselves, then thats theur prerogative. Fall ball is all about figuring out where your kids are at skillwise and what needs to be worked on.

True and nothing wrong with it, but I think scrimmages before the first tourney is a better way to gauge things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True and nothing wrong with it, but I think scrimmages before the first tourney is a better way to gauge things.

Scrimmages are useful but they dont replicate real game situations at a tourney where you are playing 3 games minimum with real rules. In the end its up to each team what bracket in a tourney they choose to register to play in. And if your going to try the A bracket, you may as well try it in the fall. And you never know. Plenty of teams dont do well in the A bracket in the Fall. Yet by spring and summer show up at tourneys amazingly better. And vice versa. Either way its noones business what another team chooses to play in. People need to concentrate on their own kid and his team.
Looking forward to spring and summer. I think it will be an intrtesting year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When i read this I feel so much better that you all know so much about lacrosse and recruiting , I can not wait until theses boys are being recruited and then listen to all this garbage . I will give you one tip it is not all about your team but about the coach at the end of the day ... GOOD LUCK T SHIRT CHASERS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hitman
Express
Epic jokers
Turtles
Rush
Empire
Rebels Red
Flg
Igloo
Outlaws
S2s
Force

Looks correct

Forget about ranking all these teams. They're all going to face each other and like the other poster mentioned will trade wins and losses. Nobody in this group is the clear top of the B teams.
And there are a ton of other teams these guys will see at tournaments. E3, 24, Recon, 3 Village, Checkmate come to mind as teams to include in the B group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are also teams in teh A bracket which belong in B. To save the embarassment I will not name them.

Page 20 of 42 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard