BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 42 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rebels team scored 7 goals in 3 games, despite being bolstered by a few 2024s. Take out those add-ons, and you get the same picture of that team as you saw last year: nothing to get excited about. GoldRush looks promising, Regulators are spunky. From the last 14 days of tournaments, it looks like

1. Express, and it's not even close

2. Prime Time
3. R$SH GoldRush

4-9 Force, Regulators, Rebels, Igloo, Legacy, S2S - depending on who's doing what that day

Team 91, built on defections from other teams, is afraid of karma coming back and biting it in the rear end, so they've avoided playing anyone this fall to make sure nervous parents don't jump ship by Christmas. Pretty lame. Here's to rooting for R$SH GoldRush, Force, Rebels, Legacy, Igloo, CSH anyone really, beating them. The panic will be enjoyable to watch.

Prime Time was loaded with 2024's -- GoldRush is in the pack with the rest. Legacy and probably Igloo shouldn't be anywhere near the list of 4-9.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team scored 7 goals in 3 games, despite being bolstered by a few 2024s. Take out those add-ons, and you get the same picture of that team as you saw last year: nothing to get excited about. GoldRush looks promising, Regulators are spunky. From the last 14 days of tournaments, it looks like

2. Prime Time
3. R$SH GoldRush

4-9 Force, Regulators, Rebels, Igloo, Legacy, S2S - depending on who's doing what that day

Team 91, built on defections from other teams, is afraid of karma coming back and biting it in the rear end, so they've avoided playing anyone this fall to make sure nervous parents don't jump ship by Christmas. Pretty lame. Here's to rooting for R$SH GoldRush, Force, Rebels, Legacy, Igloo, CSH anyone really, beating them. The panic will be enjoyable to watch.

For many, Regulators are a secondary club - Nearly all of the kids on that squad will be playing for other clubs during the club season. Nice in theory, but will only be a cause for headache as the spring/summer season gets rolling

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will still be the 2nd best team. I dont see any of the teams mentioned above beating them. At least after not what the fall showed.

Of the list above,Rebels looks like it has the most potential. Probably because they played very sloppy and still managed to stay in the games that they didnt win. RUpoop is competitive but has 2 kids (for the complainers checking birth certs, take a look at 2 kids on that squad) that they rely on too much. Force is decent but not built for 3+ games per tourney. Regulators needs more time. Igloo still cant score and are mentally soft, CSH was gutted by Regulators and S2S may have been the least competitive team out there this fall. True Blue will be hit or miss. Win some, lose some.

Trying to rank these teams is like trying to sort the roundest rocks.... Good luck with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Prime Time
3. R$SH GoldRush

Primetime has so many 2024 players that they have to form a completely different team for WSYL. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who or why would someone pay $3,500 to be on the Hornets? It’s a bad investment

These B teams should all be less than $2k.... especially Hornets since they only enter their own tournaments

That Hornets is not good. They had match ups today that they should have been competitive with and went 0-3.

There a 2 or 3 kids on that team that should run for the hills and get themselves on stronger teams.

People will try to look for better situations after the fall or even now. It’s 7th grade and you sorta want to be set with a club for the next few years as these kids move to HS. My advice, try to get invited to a practice, some clubs are receptive and some are not. It’s a free roll to have your son evaluated another coach and for you to evaluate the club. Because if you’re unhappy now, that will not go away as the season progresses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Prime Time
3. R$SH GoldRush

Primetime has so many 2024 players that they have to form a completely different team for WSYL. Pathetic.

Just because your kid lost doesn't mean they're older. They're just better. Primetime puts together a WSYL team that is made up of 2025 and 2024 players that fit withing the age restrictions. They do it every year and that team hasn't even been assembled yet. Your kid played 25's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For many, Regulators are a secondary club - Nearly all of the kids on that squad will be playing for other clubs during the club season. Nice in theory, but will only be a cause for headache as the spring/summer season gets rolling[/quote]

Only part true. The only real conflict is half the kids play for CSH ROAR and since the coach is the same there will never be any conflicts between the two. A few do also play for True Blue, but it's only a handful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Prime Time
3. R$SH GoldRush

For many, Regulators are a secondary club - Nearly all of the kids on that squad will be playing for other clubs during the club season. Nice in theory, but will only be a cause for headache as the spring/summer season gets rolling

Regarding Regulators, the coach needs to commit to Roar or Regulators, can't do both...not fair to the parents or more importantly the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has a second LI team this season, LI Express 2025 Davis?

This is their B team and it will be a disaster, not that it really matters.

Still think its gonna be a disaster?

Absolutely and this weekend confirmed it. Typical Express, they gave themselves the easiest possible schedule since it was their own tournament. They even changed their third game at the 11th hour to play a weaker team. They also brought in multiple players from other "A" organizations even though they had more than enough players. These players were on the field the whole time while the kids who are actually on the team and pay tuition are standing on the sidelines. "B" teams are for development, where kids who were standing on the sidelines of "A" teams go to actually play in the game. So yeah, it's a disaster.

Looking at Tourney Machine looks like they went 3-1. A disaster? If they went 1-3 it's a different story.

yawn emoji here

nobody cares about the results of the games, except them maybe. the disaster is the way they conduct themselves. you can go ahead and reread the above post now. nothing about wins and losses is mentioned.

Disgraceful. If you paid to be on this team and you saw this happen, then you should ask for your money back immediately. Only the parents on this team will know the truth. There's plenty of honest teams out there that would not tolerate this. What message are you sending to the kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to try and ask a legitimate question. What are the best B team options? When I say best, I mean it has a coach or coaches that know what they are doing. Most of the kids can catch and throw. Etc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no refunds at express the old man already blew all the money on teeth whitener lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm going to try and ask a legitimate question. What are the best B team options? When I say best, I mean it has a coach or coaches that know what they are doing. Most of the kids can catch and throw. Etc.

I don't think it is going to be that clear cut to answer.
A lot of the answer will depend on your son and what you are looking to get out of the team.

My advice would be to find a club that has a committed coach (when I say committed, I'm talking a coach that isn't going to cancel practice or just leave practice to an assistant). Also, be honest with how your son would fit in on the team. You want a mix of play time and being challenged. You don't want him to be the best on a team, but also don't want a team where he is the 25th guy (or worse)

Simply put, the best B team would be the one that fits your son's needs best and will help him improve his game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like one of the B coaches is looking for a compliment...lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles played in that B bracket at TriStar. They are really in between the A and B division. Depending on where you live and if your kid can make that team, I would say Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are coaches for Turtles. Would say solid B team, but not close to A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles played in that B bracket at TriStar. They are really in between the A and B division. Depending on where you live and if your kid can make that team, I would say Turtles.

And you get coupons to spend more money at lax unlimited after you pay your tuition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find a parent on the team or a friend of a friend and ask them. Or email the coach and see if you get a response. II would start with teams that performed the best at the only two B tourney brackets so far. Blatant and Tri Star. Those finalist in those brackets were Rush B, Rebels B, Express B and Turtles. And all these teams are probably searching for a player or two. People will come behind this post with don’t waste your time, they stink, etc etc. Find out for yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find a parent on the team or a friend of a friend and ask them. Or email the coach and see if you get a response. II would start with teams that performed the best at the only two B tourney brackets so far. Blatant and Tri Star. Those finalist in those brackets were Rush B, Rebels B, Express B and Turtles. And all these teams are probably searching for a player or two. People will come behind this post with don’t waste your time, they stink, etc etc. Find out for yourself.

Turtles, LILC, Epic Jokers... any of those are pretty safe
Any these teams are there main teams. Not secondary to another A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is a good team that plays in B brackets, plus there’s only one team in this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely Express Davis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ultimately Express and 91 are about their top teams and 2nd teams get shafted. I would avoid Express and 91 B teans.
But honestly your better choosing an organisation with one team at that age level if you are looking at B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ultimately Express and 91 are about their top teams and 2nd teams get shafted. I would avoid Express and 91 B teans.
But honestly your better choosing an organisation with one team at that age level if you are looking at B teams.

So that can be true and false. It all depends on the coaching. There is great B team situations and great teams who are a clubs only team, but are B level. Do your research by asking parents on the team and call the coach if you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed in 7 years I never heard 1 positive comment about those 2 teams in regards to B team. It’s 23 kids paying 3500 bucks. What you get in return.
Coaches who are always late
Coaches who cancel practice every other week
Coaches who don’t show for tournaments
Substitute coaches showing up at tournaments not knowing anyone’s name.
Teams with 23 kids, having 8 show consistently for practice.
Directors who care not one bit if your team wins or loses, or if your son improves.
But I heard you get a cool bumper sticker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm going to try and ask a legitimate question. What are the best B team options? When I say best, I mean it has a coach or coaches that know what they are doing. Most of the kids can catch and throw. Etc.

So that can be true and false. It all depends on the coaching. There is great B team situations and great teams who are a clubs only team, but are B level. Do your research by asking parents on the team and call the coach if you can.

I agree you should do your research. Ask friends. Definitely call coaches. And ask straight up direct answers. If you put them on the spot sometimes you can see if they give you a straight answer or the run around.
But honestly I would just stay away from Express and 91 B teams. Even if a team did well one year, it wont last. Better players often get absorbed by higher level team or leave. The organisation doesnt care about the team, so even if you get a good coach initially, the coach is fighting a losing battle without support. And they get fed up.
Go to an organisation that has one team at its age level that just happens to be an B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just Express and 91? No opinion on Force B, Igloo B, Rebels B, Rush B? And it’s all the coach. Find a good one. All those clubs will support B teams, but you need a dedicated coach. And you also need dedication from the players to fully commit. Get that and it can be a C team and you’ll be happy. Point is, a lot of good advice here that people are sharing. Best suggestion was call the coach or club and go to a practice and determine if it fits both ways. Ask how many middies, attack, and defensemen are on the team. Ask how often to you practice, do you have a coach that just does defense and goalies, etc etc. Great responses. I guess B team parents are saner than A team parents...that is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just Express and 91? No opinion on Force B, Igloo B, Rebels B, Rush B? And it’s all the coach. Find a good one. All those clubs will support B teams, but you need a dedicated coach. And you also need dedication from the players to fully commit. Get that and it can be a C team and you’ll be happy. Point is, a lot of good advice here that people are sharing. Best suggestion was call the coach or club and go to a practice and determine if it fits both ways. Ask how many middies, attack, and defensemen are on the team. Ask how often to you practice, do you have a coach that just does defense and goalies, etc etc. Great responses. I guess B team parents are saner than A team parents...that is a joke.

I specifically stated in my post go to an organisation with one team which is a B team. So that applues to all organisations that have multiple teams. The fact is those organisations only care about theur primary team. You can have a good coach but it wont last. And you dont want to hace to hop around. The last time there was a decent B team in a multiple team organisation was with Legacy when they had the Blue Devils. And we all know what happened to that team.
So do all your research, but I would stick to an organisation with one team that hapoens to be a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where do you live?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm not sure about 91 and Express B teams. Sure, at our level they are struggling; however, I have a senior and a freshman as well and have seen how they have developed in the past. 91 in particular has historically had some very good B teams. 2019 White, 2020 Orange (both well represented at DI schools), 2021 Ambush, 2022 United (who went off an their own under the 91 umbrella) and 2023 Warriors have all been very well coached and competitive teams that play in the top divisions at top tournaments. 2024 and below are still struggling, but they will likely solidify based on historical data. Express had a very good B team at 2020, but they have really failed to produce a high quality B team for awhile. With that being said, their B teams are still good and well represented in many high level touneys and many are coached by the same guys that coach the private schools. The issue with these clubs is that now they are starting 3rd teams on grade levels. I think the market is just too saturated at this point to be able to maintain a quality 3rd option.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. The bigger clubs definitely offer more in the lines of practice and training. Teams like Turtles, Rebels, Force, Icon, Igloo, etc... are very much hit or miss during the winter and spring. Whereas 91 and Express generally offer included year round training to everyone who cuts the check. And that check is smaller than the parents of A teams are writing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this is not going to be a popular post, but I'm not sure about 91 and Express B teams. Sure, at our level they are struggling; however, I have a senior and a freshman as well and have seen how they have developed in the past. 91 in particular has historically had some very good B teams. 2019 White, 2020 Orange (both well represented at DI schools), 2021 Ambush, 2022 United (who went off an their own under the 91 umbrella) and 2023 Warriors have all been very well coached and competitive teams that play in the top divisions at top tournaments. 2024 and below are still struggling, but they will likely solidify based on historical data. Express had a very good B team at 2020, but they have really failed to produce a high quality B team for awhile. With that being said, their B teams are still good and well represented in many high level touneys and many are coached by the same guys that coach the private schools. The issue with these clubs is that now they are starting 3rd teams on grade levels. I think the market is just too saturated at this point to be able to maintain a quality 3rd option.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. The bigger clubs definitely offer more in the lines of practice and training. Teams like Turtles, Rebels, Force, Icon, Igloo, etc... are very much hit or miss during the winter and spring. Whereas 91 and Express generally offer included year round training to everyone who cuts the check. And that check is smaller than the parents of A teams are writing.

Agree that these were great B team options but that was before every club had a b team. The landscape has completely changed. More kids playing and have many more options. Also, clubs are using second rate coaches with younger B teams and players don't get development. Just because the kid was a 4 year starter doesnt make him a qualified youth lacrosse coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These clubs have completely changed. In the past I agree on 91 there were some decent B teams. Now those B and C teams for those organisations are about an infusion of cash. Nothibg else. And its not a smaller check. Its the same check the A team writes anymore.
And now other teams besides 91 and Express all train year round and have clear laud out fall, wibter, spribg, and summer training with year round tournanents fall, spring, and summer.
Unless you are on the A team in 91 or Express, you are much better going somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything you said about the other years B teams are true. For whatever reason this year just never seemed to be able to get that highly committed coach. Those other years 2022,2023, a few others, those coaches are top notch. You used the word to describe this year as struggling. Struggling is maybe not winning a lot of games. Coaches not showing, canceling practices all the time, no director support, 80 percent of the team not coming to practice. The term is use is disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes definitely, there will be plenty of open spots once people start bailing. Especially after what they just pulled at Tristar. Your massive tuition comes with a front row seat to watch his kid play the whole game even though he doesn't pay a dime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suggest epic jokers, empire, and turtles. They only have 1 team and are pretty decent. But it also depends on where you live and how far you want to drive for practices

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that these were great B team options but that was before every club had a b team. The landscape has completely changed. More kids playing and have many more options. Also, clubs are using second rate coaches with younger B teams and players don't get development. Just because the kid was a 4 year starter doesnt make him a qualified youth lacrosse coach.

I think it’s all great info and a lot these last posts have been honest and respectful. A lot better than reading endless pages about the the WSYL being a money grab, holdbacks ruining the sport, accusatory cheating and name calling. Reality is there more players closer to B/B+ than AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The last time there was a decent B team in a multiple team organisation was with Legacy when they had the Blue Devils. And we all know what happened to that team."

And what exactly happened, Mr. Know it All? Interesting you allude to something without actually describing it, which means you really don't know and are just talking out of your carbon-alloy shaft. That Blue Devils team had great coaches (including and especially the head coach) and solid talent, and was fully supported by Legacy. "What happened" is what happens to every team in every organization at some point: whispering begins on the sidelines by juvenile adults, followed by complaining in cliques, which then leads to certain parents deciding to leave convinced that the grass is greener elsewhere. Also, it probably didn't help that certain parents from Legacy's A team made spectacles of themselves at a tournament, becoming physically threatening and using profanity in front of the kids when they learned that their A team would not be allowed to play the Blue Devils in a championship (despite it being a "B" tournament) and that the Blue Devils, and not the "A" Geese, would be getting the t-shirts and hats (which my son indifferently tossed in the trash a long time ago). Talk about mortifying. It was awful watching 10 year olds with tears in their eyes begging their parents to "stop", and that pretty much sealed the deal for a bunch of us who left the following year. Not surprisingly, these were the same classy people from West Islip (although one particular vulgar loudmouth was from Sachem) who later left the Geese because, at some point in the past, one of the Legacy coaches cut some of their sons from the town travel team, and of course revenge had to be exacted. If you read this forum, you'll see they're still at it 4 or 5 years after the fact, bashing Legacy and that coach because their emotional boo-boo from West Islip PAL still hasn't healed (that Sachem person is just a bad egg). Sad and pathetic. But no, there's no reason as an organization can't have a good A and B team, as long as you keep the trash where it belongs - off the sidelines and in the bin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The last time there was a decent B team in a multiple team organisation was with Legacy when they had the Blue Devils. And we all know what happened to that team."

And what exactly happened, Mr. Know it All? Interesting you allude to something without actually describing it, which means you really don't know and are just talking out of your carbon-alloy shaft. That Blue Devils team had great coaches (including and especially the head coach) and solid talent, and was fully supported by Legacy. "What happened" is what happens to every team in every organization at some point: whispering begins on the sidelines by juvenile adults, followed by complaining in cliques, which then leads to certain parents deciding to leave convinced that the grass is greener elsewhere. Also, it probably didn't help that certain parents from Legacy's A team made spectacles of themselves at a tournament, becoming physically threatening and using profanity in front of the kids when they learned that their A team would not be allowed to play the Blue Devils in a championship (despite it being a "B" tournament) and that the Blue Devils, and not the "A" Geese, would be getting the t-shirts and hats (which my son indifferently tossed in the trash a long time ago). Talk about mortifying. It was awful watching 10 year olds with tears in their eyes begging their parents to "stop", and that pretty much sealed the deal for a bunch of us who left the following year. Not surprisingly, these were the same classy people from West Islip (although one particular vulgar loudmouth was from Sachem) who later left the Geese because, at some point in the past, one of the Legacy coaches cut some of their sons from the town travel team, and of course revenge had to be exacted. If you read this forum, you'll see they're still at it 4 or 5 years after the fact, bashing Legacy and that coach because their emotional boo-boo from West Islip PAL still hasn't healed (that Sachem person is just a bad egg). Sad and pathetic. But no, there's no reason as an organization can't have a good A and B team, as long as you keep the trash where it belongs - off the sidelines and in the bin.

It’s hard to argue that parents are not part of the equation. But I like mentioned earlier, there good B teams still. And this is two years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you had read my entire post instead of concentrating on the final sentence you would realise this wasnt an insult to Blue Devils. In fact it was a compliment. It was one of the few possibly only really good B team in an organization where there were multiple teams in 2025 age bracket. And it had really good coaches. However, when everything happened with the Geese, and I agree how badly those parents acted who left, Legacy dissolved the Blue Devils and kept only the Geese to try and save it. I think in the end if they had concentrated as much on mantaining the Blue Devils, they would have bern more successful. But these organizations prioritize there A team over their B team.
Ultimately people who want a B team are better with an organization with only one team in the age bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes definitely, there will be plenty of open spots once people start bailing. Especially after what they just pulled at Tristar. Your massive tuition comes with a front row seat to watch his kid play the whole game even though he doesn't pay a dime.

What they pulled at Tri-Star? What do you mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What they pulled at Tri-Star? What do you mean?

Page 19 of 42 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard