BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son had his fair share of slashes and dirty hits from this FCA player over the summer. Emotions seem to get the best of him which, unfortunately, can turn a solid defender into a dirty player.

Prime example is from the summer at Trilogy at Regional. FCA and AYLC played twice, once in bracket play, and once for the title. FCA took the first game easily, keeping our entire offense on the perimeter and not letting many looks on the crease. His defense was executed well and he shut down my kid. The checks were fairly clean, body play was solid, and the trash talk was flying (mainly hype talk between teammates)

Fast forward to Sunday and it was a different scenario. AYLC made the adjustments needed to beat the defense. Letting up goals and being down got the best of him, he picked up 2 penalties against my son for slashes. Then, late in the game he got beat badly from GLE (where he owned my kid the day before) and after dishing a slash to the back he completely wrecked my kid from behind, earning him a non-releasable. This allowed AYLC to get some goals in and secure the trophy.

FCA was up and down a lot last year, I'm would think these tendencies were showing all season, and I'm disappointed the coaching staff wasn't able to get that under control. This was not an elite level tournament we were playing in, I can only imagine how things got against higher level of play, against bigger/stronger/faster offensive play.

Mr. M, I know its hard reading all this. I just hope some of these comments, paired with the anguish shown during that car ride home, can turn him into a more disciplined player. To loose control of your stick and body after loosing control of your emotions is not ok, and not fair to the other players on the field on either team.
He plays at a level higher than most when he's under control, and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. His intensity and physicality is something many of us wish our kids had. As high school comes around, the circle of refs gets smaller and smaller, reputations with keep flags on the field.

One of the most irresponsible posts I have read on this site........if you had an issue with the FCA Kid and his play address it after the game FACE to FACE with the FCA Coaches/ Parents and Kid. Again a troll who was too much time on his hands; at least the FCA dad put his name out there maybe you should do the same before calling our 11 year old kids. Unbelievable.

Believe it.

No parent with any class is going to walk out and start a confrontation with another teams coach over a penalty.

The statements posted are true, and they are exactly what happened. I didn't say anything at the time bc I did not think much of it being more than an isolated incident. Like it stunk the my kid got railed, but a penalty was served and AYLC won the tournament. It was over, and that was that.

Had anyone known the tendencies of the player, our coaches may have addressed the refs before the game about him, and maybe the refs would have addressed FCA about careless play. Parents and coaches are learning now, so I'm sure that will be happening all season for FCA after the dirty play last week.

People talk about what they fear.....good luck in the Spring. No one said it had to be a confrontation you had with the FCA coach/dad etc; how about an adult conversation about what happened? Call it a COACHING MOMENT...remember those or were you too caught upp in winning like most of this board is?. Apparently you are too much of a coward to do that so you hide on message boards and callout kids. I feel bad for the kids your coaching and I hope this FCA dad comes to speak with you the next time your two teams meet and maybe something good can come out of it instead of what is happening here.

My son had his fair share of slashes and dirty hits from this FCA player over the summer. Emotions seem to get the best of him which, unfortunately, can turn a solid defender into a dirty player.

Prime example is from the summer at Trilogy at Regional. FCA and AYLC played twice, once in bracket play, and once for the title. FCA took the first game easily, keeping our entire offense on the perimeter and not letting many looks on the crease. His defense was executed well and he shut down my kid. The checks were fairly clean, body play was solid, and the trash talk was flying (mainly hype talk between teammates)

Fast forward to Sunday and it was a different scenario. AYLC made the adjustments needed to beat the defense. Letting up goals and being down got the best of him, he picked up 2 penalties against my son for slashes. Then, late in the game he got beat badly from GLE (where he owned my kid the day before) and after dishing a slash to the back he completely wrecked my kid from behind, earning him a non-releasable. This allowed AYLC to get some goals in and secure the trophy.

FCA was up and down a lot last year, I'm would think these tendencies were showing all season, and I'm disappointed the coaching staff wasn't able to get that under control. This was not an elite level tournament we were playing in, I can only imagine how things got against higher level of play, against bigger/stronger/faster offensive play.

Mr. M, I know its hard reading all this. I just hope some of these comments, paired with the anguish shown during that car ride home, can turn him into a more disciplined player. To loose control of your stick and body after loosing control of your emotions is not ok, and not fair to the other players on the field on either team.
He plays at a level higher than most when he's under control, and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. His intensity and physicality is something many of us wish our kids had. As high school comes around, the circle of refs gets smaller and smaller, reputations with keep flags on the field.

One of the most irresponsible posts I have read on this site........if you had an issue with the FCA Kid and his play address it after the game FACE to FACE with the FCA Coaches/ Parents and Kid. Again a troll who was too much time on his hands; at least the FCA dad put his name out there maybe you should do the same before calling our 11 year old kids. Unbelievable.

Believe it.

No parent with any class is going to walk out and start a confrontation with another teams coach over a penalty.

The statements posted are true, and they are exactly what happened. I didn't say anything at the time bc I did not think much of it being more than an isolated incident. Like it stunk the my kid got railed, but a penalty was served and AYLC won the tournament. It was over, and that was that.

Had anyone known the tendencies of the player, our coaches may have addressed the refs before the game about him, and maybe the refs would have addressed FCA about careless play. Parents and coaches are learning now, so I'm sure that will be happening all season for FCA after the dirty play last week.

People talk about what they fear.....good luck in the Spring. No one said it had to be a confrontation you had with the FCA coach/dad etc; how about an adult conversation about what happened? Call it a COACHING MOMENT...remember those or were you too caught upp in winning like most of this board is?. Apparently you are too much of a coward to do that so you hide on message boards and callout kids. I feel bad for the kids your coaching and I hope this FCA dad comes to speak with you the next time your two teams meet and maybe something good can come out of it instead of what is happening here.

To preach about having an adult conversation, followed by calling someone a coward seems I little hypocritical

To say it’s all about winning, when the original statement is about safety seems a little uneducated.

If this coach was concerned about the safety of his kids he would have addressed the issue during the game or shortly thereafter their championship. To say he did not realize this was a 'tendency' is a bad excuse and yes to call out 11/12 year old kids anonymously on a message board is a cowardly act. He has chosen a message board 5 months after the tournament to voice his concerns. Great example coach!

It’s pretty clear he is expressing concerns bc it’s the topic of conversation during the last week. These responses are comical

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is AAA winners move up and last place moves down a definite rule? Of course the last place Elite team, Arden Diamondbacks, no longer exists, so that would leave AAA o e team short.

No, but it would be good one to have. Like relegation/promotion in European soccer. It would be bad for business for some clubs though and they would fight it. 2026 Crabs were 1-6, and certainly wouldn't want a move down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is AAA winners move up and last place moves down a definite rule? Of course the last place Elite team, Arden Diamondbacks, no longer exists, so that would leave AAA o e team short.

[quote=Anonymous]How did the looneys 2026 team do ?

Fall Ball is hard to judge how teams do; many kids that play lacrosse are playing football or soccer and not able to attend weekend tournaments. That being said Looney's went 1-2 with losses over True Lacrosse (4-3), VLC (5-3) and a win over Swarm (9-4). Hawks 3-0, True 3-0, FCA 2-1 and 2-1 seemed to be the most complete teams. Crabs had a nice win over Next Level. It will be interesting to see who is the 8th team in Elite?

Next Level is 8th team.

Not.

Winners of AAA move up to Elite. Last place moves down.

I would think that True would fill that spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is AAA winners move up and last place moves down a definite rule? Of course the last place Elite team, Arden Diamondbacks, no longer exists, so that would leave AAA o e team short.

[quote=Anonymous]How did the looneys 2026 team do ?

Fall Ball is hard to judge how teams do; many kids that play lacrosse are playing football or soccer and not able to attend weekend tournaments. That being said Looney's went 1-2 with losses over True Lacrosse (4-3), VLC (5-3) and a win over Swarm (9-4). Hawks 3-0, True 3-0, FCA 2-1 and 2-1 seemed to be the most complete teams. Crabs had a nice win over Next Level. It will be interesting to see who is the 8th team in Elite?

Next Level is 8th team.

Not.

Winners of AAA move up to Elite. Last place moves down.

I would think that True would fill that spot.

True better make some noises this year or we will see a lot of posts mysteriously disappear............AGAIN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 easily steamrolls the philly teams today. On a side note my son got slashed. Should I confront the coach or parent? lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 easily steamrolls the philly teams today. On a side note my son got slashed. Should I confront the coach or parent? lol

Both ! along with calling Drivers Ed teacher and letting them know about your boo boo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thought that was tomorrow....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No you should get on this message board and rip the kid apart anonymously!!! That’s the right thing to do!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 #4 at Tristar tournament today whats the confucion?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What confusion? 2-0 already and about to be 3-0. Nuff said!s

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-0. North American fall invitational next!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this were a routine slash, the FCA player would not have been a topic of discussion on this board for a week. If anybody has a problem with anonymous adults criticizing the style of play of an 11 year old, you are on the wrong forum. This is an anonymous board about 2026 lacrosse, which is played by 11-12 year olds (theoretically) and when stuff happens people will talk. If that dynamic feels wrong to you, then stay off the board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok helicopter dad. Thanks for the lecture. What time is your Boy Scout meeting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 #4 at Tristar tournament today whats the confucion?

Who is 91 and where are they out of. I don’t remember seeing them last summer at Naptown or any tournaments like that Let me checks HOCO stats to see who they rolled in championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3-0. North American fall invitational next!!

PLEASE tell us who you went 3-0 against before you start wearing your crown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 who? Never relevant.
Mom’s lashing out at 11 year olds, never relevant.
Boys will play, talk smack, and have fun.
Bad hits, sometimes.
Lots of love on the field even when mom is upset.
Let them play, and respect is earned.
Can’t learn that if you if you always have to copter in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sit down before you read this.....

Team 91 - 7 - Philadelphia Freedom Red - 3
Team 91 - 7 - Mesa 2026 Orange - 3
Team 91 - 6 - Rising Sons - 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, glad to see your competition was top notch! We hope the trip from Texas was worth it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nothing wrong for b teams 2 play in b tournaments why the grips

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS ^^^^^ Congrats on the wins 91. Wait until the defense starts using long poles. It gets tougher.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looneys dad. Congrats on the wins over VLC and True.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS ^^^^^ Congrats on the wins 91. Wait until the defense starts using long poles. It gets tougher.

Apparently against FCA it gets real tough.......LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lacrosse team full of kids who also play soccer would beat a lacrosse team full of kids who also play football.

Change my mind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lacrosse team full of kids who also play soccer would beat a lacrosse team full of kids who also play football.

Change my mind

Good luck finding a lacrosse team made up of all soccer players or all football players. A lacrosse team made up of all basketball players would beat them both though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Change my mind

Good luck finding a lacrosse team made up of all soccer players or all football players. A lacrosse team made up of all basketball players would beat them both though.

I'll take a lacrosse team of soccer, basketball, football, hockey and beat all of yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Change my mind

densest conversation ever. Other sports do have skills that cross over but a player who is good at another sport may not have the stick skills unless they work hard at lacrosse. Dad's who never played always want to compare lacrosse to other sports. I think kids should be involved in other sports and activities. However, lacrosse is lacrosse. A kid who stinks at basketball may be great at lacrosse. There are no across the board comparisons. Please go back to trashing the 11 year old dirty players and bragging about meaningless tournament wins, which is at least entertaining. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Change my mind

I see your basketball team and raise you a lax team full of holdbacks. Oh wait....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is soccer even a sport?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently against FCA it gets real tough.......LOL

For Hawks kids... yes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is soccer even a sport?

Will be a question your football player son will be asking in 15 years when he can't think straight. Look what it did to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about Cabell Maddux tagging and bullying a kid this morning on his @gomadlax instagram feed? Somebody please send to Deadspin. People need to know that he has not changed. https://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941. You would think he would have learned his lesson by now. If you play, allow your kid to play, coach, or in anyone way support his program, you need to take a step back and ask yourself whether you want your reputation or your family's reputation associated with this guy. He is dangerous and you should not allow him to be around your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is letting the results speak for themselves. They are the team to beat this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you supply a link or some details? . Hard to tell if this is real or fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is letting the results speak for themselves. They are the team to beat this year.

It sure does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams stink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like they have a pretty tough group at NAL. The Texans and the lefty attackman will get a true test in a few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like they have a pretty tough group at NAL. The Texans and the lefty attackman will get a true test in a few weeks.

The true true test will be True

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will have last laugh after NAL. And yes... results speak for themselves. Get over it and get used to it. This team is special. Don’t detest for it!!!! When your son is watching mine in High school he can look back at his club years knowing he played against the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking forward to see how 91 competes down there. Glad they signed up for it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plc gold lost to saltwater, 4-0 , eo

Page 20 of 33 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard