BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 42 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you shouldn’t think so much.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Queue all the negative comments..." Queue? apparently we have someone from the Express Scrabble team perusing (16 points) the board. .... "Team gets the best bang for the buck vs any team" - (I'm Coach Channenwoodchukwood (58 points) and I approve this message.)

And to be clear, the right word in that context should have been cue, not queue

Okay thanks for showing us that the poster must be dense and you are smart. Did that satisfy your ego

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time just announced a tryout for all kids born after September 1st 2006 and love within 100 miles of their location. Kudos to them, they get it. Put a team together to win the tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is prime time located

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time just announced a tryout for all kids born after September 1st 2006 and love within 100 miles of their location. Kudos to them, they get it. Put a team together to win the tourney.

They do every year and nothing wrong with that. It's not at all against any rules

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do every year and nothing wrong with that. It's not at all against any rules

Age based tourney and I love it. Laugh at all stunads who say it’s cheating somehow. It’s the only tourney that I know of that actually requires verification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And win the tourney"? Dude, these folks all need to get a life. Win or lose "the tourney" their kids will still be driving a mail truck, going to med school, inventing something or doing absolutely nothing. The one thing they will not be doing is playing lacrosse. WAKE UP! Anyone that "gets it" would qualify, respectfully decline, take their team to an Adventure park and make a donation to a charity. The kids will remember that. They will not remember a trip to "The Tourney" and if they do it will be because of the mountain view and the fact they missed a week of summer vacation with their friends to try and win a tee shirt that says "Denver Champs" on the front and "My parents wanted this more than me" on the back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age based tourney and I love it. Laugh at all stunads who say it’s cheating somehow. It’s the only tourney that I know of that actually requires verification.

This is the direction that this tourney is going. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing at all; however, the team they put together must play in tournaments together. Do they play in 2025 or 2024 tournaments? Thats the real question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not cheating, it's just not really the point of the tourney. It was supposed to be a club championship, now it's just a regional all-star team championship. If that's what you're looking for, have at it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s exactly it. The WSYL is special when a group of 22,25 kids who play on the same team accomplish that goal. It’s not cheating with age, that’s correct. No need to keep writing the same thing. I’ll say it again, it’s not cheating with age. The topic is, like the other guy just wrote, it’s becoming patching groups together to try and win. 3 kids from this team switch teams in March, this kid is older, not on our team, but let’s grab him in June to play in July. This kid has a cousin in Connecticut but he can play with our team in July as well. Let’s grab this kid, let’s grab that kid. It’s not cheating, but it’s not really special to win like that. I’d rather lose and compete hard with our guys, then win like that. A competitive loss is more rewarding then a trashy win. That’s how I see it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL verifies addresses as well. You have to live in a current mileage range of the club you are playing for. You also can’t change your team after qualifying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL verifies addresses as well. You have to live in a current mileage range of the club you are playing for. You also can’t change your team after qualifying.

100 miles!!
What "sane" person is signing their kid up for any club on a consistent basis that is more than 30 miles from home?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s exactly it. The WSYL is special when a group of 22,25 kids who play on the same team accomplish that goal. It’s not cheating with age, that’s correct. No need to keep writing the same thing. I’ll say it again, it’s not cheating with age. The topic is, like the other guy just wrote, it’s becoming patching groups together to try and win. 3 kids from this team switch teams in March, this kid is older, not on our team, but let’s grab him in June to play in July. This kid has a cousin in Connecticut but he can play with our team in July as well. Let’s grab this kid, let’s grab that kid. It’s not cheating, but it’s not really special to win like that. I’d rather lose and compete hard with our guys, then win like that. A competitive loss is more rewarding then a trashy win. That’s how I see it.

So maybe a 100 miles is a lot. But the little league WS, which this is likely modeled after, does the same thing. Each kid selected is from a district. They are not a travel team. I think the districts are smaller than 100 miles, but the same premise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a pretty hefty nut to spend to leave LI on the 4th of July (arguably the nicest weather week of the year) to play in a tournament without a chance of winning because the team dynamics have been changed, loopholed and bastardized beyond the spirit of the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. This board just jumped the shark. Grammar insults?

Let me tell you what happened over the last few pages.

-Express is the top team in the age group. That is not up for debate.
-People bash Express because they have big numbers, but really just because they are so much better than everyone else and parents wish their kid's played for them.
-Express plays in as many tourneys as they can and people on the team are enjoying their experience.
-91 parents think they should get more respect. They won't get it.
-91 is the second best team, but too inconsistent to be in the same class as Express.
-People bash 91 because they want to try to bring them down to their son's club team's level. They are not. They are still much much better than everyone besides Express, but have lost several games they probably could have won.
-91 doesn't play in as many Fall or Spring tourneys, but have an excellent winter training/box schedule which keeps them busier and practicing more than any other club team on the age group.
-Geese parents used to be crazy and talked a bunch a few years back, so now everyone is happy to see them struggle.
-The Geese parents who have bounced around are now trashing Express and 91 because their boys were unable to sustain the level of play they had when they were in 4th grade and can't stay on a top team.
-Gold Rush and Rebels have good competitive teams, but are not in the same class as the top 2.
-There are many other clubs with many kids that are working hard to get better every year; however, these teams are likely not in the conversation with the teams mentioned. And that is 100% ok.

How come Millon Force is overlooked? They had a good Blatant showing - played Rebels to a tie. Check out their pricing. Half the price of some clubs. Rebels practice 3X a week and Force practices 3X in the Fall. Seems like the Rebels kids are wasting their time. Imagine if Force practiced more? Could be the best club on Long Island.

The rebels do not practice 3x a week and if they did, what's wrong with practicing? Why are they wasting their time? Imagine if you weren't an stunad? Best club on Long Island? You are delusional. That being said, Millon Force is a pretty good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is everyone braindead when it comes to WSYL? The only thing they are validating is that your check cleared. You could live on Mars, 1 million miles away. As long as your intergalactic currency is valid they arent checking ship with a t! Stop making a mockery of yourself as I really should be working rather than exposing you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a pretty hefty nut to spend to leave LI on the 4th of July (arguably the nicest weather week of the year) to play in a tournament without a chance of winning because the team dynamics have been changed, loopholed and bastardized beyond the spirit of the competition.

It is. Especially when you consider that 80% of the teams at the tournament would be considered B/C teams on LI. With the exception of the semis and finals, the games are generally blowouts for the LI teams. Which I guess is good if your kid is a non-starter. He'll get plenty of playing time. Until, of course the finals that are televised, then the starters are ridden hard and you'll have to explain to everybody why your son didn't touch the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100 miles!!
What "sane" person is signing their kid up for any club on a consistent basis that is more than 30 miles from home?

The kid from Rebels!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread was more fun when everyone was bashing Igloo. I am curious if there are multiple people using the word "stunad" or only one guy. I'm also curious how many moms are on this site vs dads. Most assume it's all dads but I've found that many moms are equally as nuts, especially jumping in to defend their kid's team. I wonder if "stunad" guy is really "stunad" gal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread was more fun when everyone was bashing Igloo. I am curious if there are multiple people using the word "stunad" or only one guy. I'm also curious how many moms are on this site vs dads. Most assume it's all dads but I've found that many moms are equally as nuts, especially jumping in to defend their kid's team. I wonder if "stunad" guy is really "stunad" gal?

For your learning, the forum moderator substitutes the word 'stunad' for any expletives or unsavory comments. But what's unknown is why that word was chosen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, Rebels bring in college kids....Did you see the one kid was shaving between games? They also pipe in kids from Indonesian sweat shops to polish those awesome helmets..... And yes, it was fun bashing IGLOO..because those kids really deserve to be bashed. Being a 12 year old that likes to play lacrosse is undoubtedly grounds for bashing. Why is everyone down on Igloo and Rebels? Speaking of shaving, I bet some of the Mom's I have seen at these games can grow thicker beards than 1/2 of the coaches that are out there screaming "Wheels"... Which by the way may be the densest saying out there. If you are yelling that please also wear a tee shirt that says "Forgive me, I'M A lost". Next topic..............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Admins replace all derogatory terms with "stunad". Kind of silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The WSYL verifies addresses as well. You have to live in a current mileage range of the club you are playing for. You also can’t change your team after qualifying.

100 miles!!

Stud goalie in NJ gets a call to play with LIE. He is 98 miles away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fiore went to shore 2 shore to be closer to his home as his daughter is planning to start playing with her friends from the area. Fiore still working with legacy but not coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was not legacy lacrosse from LI. The legacy 2025 team was in Massachusetts playing in NH tomahawks tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy with Zummo coaching will be a spot a lot of kids tryout for next year. My son was part of legacy for years and if he coached sooner this team would be contending for a top spot. But after this WS year and all the fallout I bet legacy bounces back in the next year or 2. As much as my kid wants to go to Denver I know the team I’m gonna be tracking....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fiore went to shore 2 shore to be closer to his home as his daughter is planning to start playing with her friends from the area. Fiore still working with legacy but not coaching.

Wow! Something tells me it's not that simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy with Zummo coaching will be a spot a lot of kids tryout for next year. My son was part of legacy for years and if he coached sooner this team would be contending for a top spot. But after this WS year and all the fallout I bet legacy bounces back in the next year or 2. As much as my kid wants to go to Denver I know the team I’m gonna be tracking....
I agree there. Tommy Zummo is what lacrosse should be about. He is their for all the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree there. Tommy Zummo is what lacrosse should be about. He is their for all the kids.

He wasn’t there for this group of kids.

Maybe we should note the “best” team has had 1 set of coaches Since the start and what used to be the teams on that level have had a gaggle of different staffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sometimes things are that simple....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams playing clearly 8th graders on their 2025 teams in tourbaments that the rules say are grade based us oyt if control. Its ruining this sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you think Coach C from express is in it for the kids then you have no idea about travel lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you think Coach C from express is in it for the kids then you have no idea about travel lacrosse

Its not just CoachC playing 8th graders. Its multiple teams doing it. Its so obvious. Just ruining the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t believe he is in it for the kids much at all, but winning is good for business and coaching continuity seems good for the kids and the wallet !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams playing clearly 8th graders on their 2025 teams in tourbaments that the rules say are grade based us oyt if control. Its ruining this sport.

Which teams? And is it factual or just because no 7th grader can be big and fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams? And is it factual or just because no 7th grader can be big and fast.

For example, R$sh and Rebels both. And its factual.
I get they want them for Denver. But fact is sport is grade based and not age based for these tournaments. So its cheating!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the only sport that can’t get it right. In July it’s birthday rules with WSYL. Then other tournaments it’s grade rules. In fact in some cases the 7th grader is older than the 8th grader. Think of how insane that is, the older 7th grader can play, but the younger 8th grader can’t play. Why can’t this sport just once and for all make it birthdate. Every sport does it birthdate. Why is this such a hard concept with lax. It would also be nice to not have this same conversation over and over as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re getting ready for WSYL and everything I’m seeing is age based . Birthdays are 9/1/2006 and after. I will say the holdbacks are not quiet as evident on the field anymore, as the on-age kids are catching up fast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For example, R$sh and Rebels both. And its factual.
I get they want them for Denver. But fact is sport is grade based and not age based for these tournaments. So its cheating!!

So if it’s factual, why isn’t anything done. Stating it here does nothing. The coach should be called out and if you are a parent playing an non grade appropriate kid, you are teaching a horrible life lesson. This conversation has been endless, but until somebody calls somebody out, it won’t change. And I don’t feel sorry for the kid, because the parent put that kid in that situation. This new blending of WSYL age and grade is ridiculous sounding and seems like a justification to some.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North Primetime and NE Red Full of 8th Graders
I believe Director allowed this to be age Based(But 2025 was only grade)

Page 17 of 42 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard