Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 10:39 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 10:05 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 09:21 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 07:28 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/25/20 06:52 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,144
Posts277,677
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 111 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 110 111
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295074 10/24/19 07:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's all understood if it's a good business decision but they need to keep their mouths shut about being the best etc....when they don't play any good competition. Especially the dad's, when you know that they avoid good competition you lose all say in terms of boasting like the do . They do it for every year too, 91 plays in their weak tournaments then pound their chests with their new t shirts with their fingers held up high saying theyre number one , lol.


They won one tournaments last year. They're still wearing t-shirts from 4th grade.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295077 10/24/19 08:43 AM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 81
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 81
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Queue all the negative comments..." Queue? apparently we have someone from the Express Scrabble team perusing (16 points) the board. .... "Team gets the best bang for the buck vs any team" - (I'm Coach Channenwoodchukwood (58 points) and I approve this message.)


And to be clear, the right word in that context should have been cue, not queue

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295091 10/24/19 10:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. This board just jumped the shark. Grammar insults?

Let me tell you what happened over the last few pages.

-Express is the top team in the age group. That is not up for debate.
-People bash Express because they have big numbers, but really just because they are so much better than everyone else and parents wish their kid's played for them.
-Express plays in as many tourneys as they can and people on the team are enjoying their experience.
-91 parents think they should get more respect. They won't get it.
-91 is the second best team, but too inconsistent to be in the same class as Express.
-People bash 91 because they want to try to bring them down to their son's club team's level. They are not. They are still much much better than everyone besides Express, but have lost several games they probably could have won.
-91 doesn't play in as many Fall or Spring tourneys, but have an excellent winter training/box schedule which keeps them busier and practicing more than any other club team on the age group.
-Geese parents used to be crazy and talked a bunch a few years back, so now everyone is happy to see them struggle.
-The Geese parents who have bounced around are now trashing Express and 91 because their boys were unable to sustain the level of play they had when they were in 4th grade and can't stay on a top team.
-Gold Rush and Rebels have good competitive teams, but are not in the same class as the top 2.
-There are many other clubs with many kids that are working hard to get better every year; however, these teams are likely not in the conversation with the teams mentioned. And that is 100% ok.

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295095 10/24/19 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow. This board just jumped the shark. Grammar insults?

Let me tell you what happened over the last few pages.

-Express is the top team in the age group. That is not up for debate.
-People bash Express because they have big numbers, but really just because they are so much better than everyone else and parents wish their kid's played for them.
-Express plays in as many tourneys as they can and people on the team are enjoying their experience.
-91 parents think they should get more respect. They won't get it.
-91 is the second best team, but too inconsistent to be in the same class as Express.
-People bash 91 because they want to try to bring them down to their son's club team's level. They are not. They are still much much better than everyone besides Express, but have lost several games they probably could have won.
-91 doesn't play in as many Fall or Spring tourneys, but have an excellent winter training/box schedule which keeps them busier and practicing more than any other club team on the age group.
-Geese parents used to be crazy and talked a bunch a few years back, so now everyone is happy to see them struggle.
-The Geese parents who have bounced around are now trashing Express and 91 because their boys were unable to sustain the level of play they had when they were in 4th grade and can't stay on a top team.
-Gold Rush and Rebels have good competitive teams, but are not in the same class as the top 2.
-There are many other clubs with many kids that are working hard to get better every year; however, these teams are likely not in the conversation with the teams mentioned. And that is 100% ok.


How come Millon Force is overlooked? They had a good Blatant showing - played Rebels to a tie. Check out their pricing. Half the price of some clubs. Rebels practice 3X a week and Force practices 3X in the Fall. Seems like the Rebels kids are wasting their time. Imagine if Force practiced more? Could be the best club on Long Island.

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295096 10/24/19 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just can’t believe there is actually a person out there, who has this much knowledge on 12 year old boys Long Island club lacrosse.
I can speak from experience, my oldest plays in college. His team was average at best 4th,5th,6th,7th grade. Teams records mean zero. Enjoying the experience and improving means everything. You people arguing over which team is better, sound so ignorant. If you only knew.
One guy earlier was writing a team was skipping tournaments because it’s good for business. What planet are you from. It’s October, weather is perfect, kids who are 12 want to play lacrosse against their friends on the other teams. They can’t play because it hurts the clubs business. Do you even hear yourselves.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295097 10/24/19 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow. This board just jumped the shark. Grammar insults?

Let me tell you what happened over the last few pages.

-Express is the top team in the age group. That is not up for debate.
-People bash Express because they have big numbers, but really just because they are so much better than everyone else and parents wish their kid's played for them.
-Express plays in as many tourneys as they can and people on the team are enjoying their experience.
-91 parents think they should get more respect. They won't get it.
-91 is the second best team, but too inconsistent to be in the same class as Express.
-People bash 91 because they want to try to bring them down to their son's club team's level. They are not. They are still much much better than everyone besides Express, but have lost several games they probably could have won.
-91 doesn't play in as many Fall or Spring tourneys, but have an excellent winter training/box schedule which keeps them busier and practicing more than any other club team on the age group.
-Geese parents used to be crazy and talked a bunch a few years back, so now everyone is happy to see them struggle.
-The Geese parents who have bounced around are now trashing Express and 91 because their boys were unable to sustain the level of play they had when they were in 4th grade and can't stay on a top team.
-Gold Rush and Rebels have good competitive teams, but are not in the same class as the top 2.
-There are many other clubs with many kids that are working hard to get better every year; however, these teams are likely not in the conversation with the teams mentioned. And that is 100% ok.



Lol, thet sumsss it uppp

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295101 10/24/19 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just can’t believe there is actually a person out there, who has this much knowledge on 12 year old boys Long Island club lacrosse.
I can speak from experience, my oldest plays in college. His team was average at best 4th,5th,6th,7th grade. Teams records mean zero. Enjoying the experience and improving means everything. You people arguing over which team is better, sound so ignorant. If you only knew.
One guy earlier was writing a team was skipping tournaments because it’s good for business. What planet are you from. It’s October, weather is perfect, kids who are 12 want to play lacrosse against their friends on the other teams. They can’t play because it hurts the clubs business. Do you even hear yourselves.


I think someone misses 6th grade lacrosse and a still a little upset that his son wasnt on a good team.

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295102 10/24/19 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow. This board just jumped the shark. Grammar insults?

Let me tell you what happened over the last few pages.

-Express is the top team in the age group. That is not up for debate.
-People bash Express because they have big numbers, but really just because they are so much better than everyone else and parents wish their kid's played for them.
-Express plays in as many tourneys as they can and people on the team are enjoying their experience.
-91 parents think they should get more respect. They won't get it.
-91 is the second best team, but too inconsistent to be in the same class as Express.
-People bash 91 because they want to try to bring them down to their son's club team's level. They are not. They are still much much better than everyone besides Express, but have lost several games they probably could have won.
-91 doesn't play in as many Fall or Spring tourneys, but have an excellent winter training/box schedule which keeps them busier and practicing more than any other club team on the age group.
-Geese parents used to be crazy and talked a bunch a few years back, so now everyone is happy to see them struggle.
-The Geese parents who have bounced around are now trashing Express and 91 because their boys were unable to sustain the level of play they had when they were in 4th grade and can't stay on a top team.
-Gold Rush and Rebels have good competitive teams, but are not in the same class as the top 2.
-There are many other clubs with many kids that are working hard to get better every year; however, these teams are likely not in the conversation with the teams mentioned. And that is 100% ok.


How come Millon Force is overlooked? They had a good Blatant showing - played Rebels to a tie. Check out their pricing. Half the price of some clubs. Rebels practice 3X a week and Force practices 3X in the Fall. Seems like the Rebels kids are wasting their time. Imagine if Force practiced more? Could be the best club on Long Island.


Force Triolo 2025 is a very good team. I would put them in that tier below 91. They'll play competitively and beat just about anyone outside of Express and 91.

However, Force as a club leaves much to be desired.
Yes, they are one of the cheaper clubs out there but to your point, you get very little for that money.

Can't say they are one of the best clubs when they are a doormat in other age groups. Just my opinion

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295104 10/24/19 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These posts are so long and boring I forgot what the argument was even about! get back to the insults for God sake!

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295111 10/24/19 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"People bash Express because they have big numbers, but really just because they are so much better than everyone else and parents wish their kid's played for them"

Nope.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295114 10/24/19 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you shouldn’t think so much.

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
cltlax #295126 10/24/19 02:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Queue all the negative comments..." Queue? apparently we have someone from the Express Scrabble team perusing (16 points) the board. .... "Team gets the best bang for the buck vs any team" - (I'm Coach Channenwoodchukwood (58 points) and I approve this message.)


And to be clear, the right word in that context should have been cue, not queue


Okay thanks for showing us that the poster must be dense and you are smart. Did that satisfy your ego

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295135 10/24/19 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time just announced a tryout for all kids born after September 1st 2006 and love within 100 miles of their location. Kudos to them, they get it. Put a team together to win the tourney.

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #295138 10/24/19 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is prime time located

Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #295139 10/24/19 04:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Prime Time just announced a tryout for all kids born after September 1st 2006 and love within 100 miles of their location. Kudos to them, they get it. Put a team together to win the tourney.


They do every year and nothing wrong with that. It's not at all against any rules

Page 43 of 111 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 110 111

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4