BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mr M,

Its good to see you're not hiding behind your previous anonymous comments....
"The kid is tall and he put his shoulder right and the Hawks players chest and buried him; flag came in late once the kid did not get up and the Hawks coach lost his mind IMO. I hope the Hawks kid is alright as well but to call that a cheap shot is hilarious and probably coming from the hawks parent."

Since your son has a heart of gold - did he, you or the FCA coaches check up on the Hawks player on Sunday? If memory serves me correct - I think I saw both teams tailgates where right next to each other. Certainty then a member from FCA, or your family would have checked in with the Hawks who were merely steps away from you - to check on the well being of another 11 year old, and help remedy your sons anguish

You want to overlook the hit - I'll buy that as we all see high hits (typically not as a late as the hit in question). But, don't turn a blind eye to your sons behavior outside of that game. My son doesn't play for the Hawks (I couldn't stomach that), but he did play against your son last spring in HOCO - and, along side him this summer on team All In. Whether you want to admit it or not, your son does have a well earned reputation for playing dirty, and running his mouth. Perhaps this incident will go a long way for them moving forward.

So glad you were just recently "made aware of the site"

I think kids call this a mic drop

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see the play and do not have a tie to either team. But my son does play on an Elite Division 2026 team and dirty play is something we all can do without. From reading the whole thread, including the Dad’s unapologetic defense of a late hit, it sounds like this player is a safety risk to other players. Now that his name is out there, I hope that his own FCA coaches, Hoco officials, and opposing coaches will watch him really closely and protect the boys on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC has played two of the projected Elite teams this fall and is 2-0. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC has played two of the projected Elite teams this fall and is 2-0. Just saying.

You also lost to True Annapolis and they are projected for AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr M,

"The kid is tall and he put his shoulder right and the Hawks players chest and buried him; flag came in late once the kid did not get up and the Hawks coach lost his mind IMO. I hope the Hawks kid is alright as well but to call that a cheap shot is hilarious and probably coming from the hawks parent."

Since your son has a heart of gold - did he, you or the FCA coaches check up on the Hawks player on Sunday? If memory serves me correct - I think I saw both teams tailgates where right next to each other. Certainty then a member from FCA, or your family would have checked in with the Hawks who were merely steps away from you - to check on the well being of another 11 year old, and help remedy your sons anguish

You want to overlook the hit - I'll buy that as we all see high hits (typically not as a late as the hit in question). But, don't turn a blind eye to your sons behavior outside of that game. My son doesn't play for the Hawks (I couldn't stomach that), but he did play against your son last spring in HOCO - and, along side him this summer on team All In. Whether you want to admit it or not, your son does have a well earned reputation for playing dirty, and running his mouth. Perhaps this incident will go a long way for them moving forward.

“And Boom Goes The Dynamite”

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not according to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr M,

heck, I know I do because it is spot on. Nice try Mr M.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re right that VLC needs to beat teams like True if they want to be in Elite, but wrong if you think True is AA. They will be one of the stronger teams in AAA based on goaltending and other factors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr M,

Definitely a 91 parent here; we know what these guys are all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d hold off a minute before printing those championship t shirts for the spring

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which ones?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re right that VLC needs to beat teams like True if they want to be in Elite, but wrong if you think True is AA. They will be one of the stronger teams in AAA based on goaltending and other factors.

LOL I love the fishing for compliments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr M,

heck, I know I do because it is spot on. Nice try Mr M.

You always talk about the ones you fear:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL I love the fishing for compliments

True goalie dad; thanks!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow......a lot of drama for 6th grade lacrosse......these poor kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and Next Level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the rest of the teams do this past weekend ? I am not here to talk negative about someone’s 11 year old child. I find
That very immature of a parent. If you have something to say about someone child you should reach out to them directly if you are seriously concerned! Otherwise you are an anonymous bully and trash talk on an 11 year old kid should not be allowed on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and Next Level

Swarm and Next Level are 2 very different things. Next Level stepped up and played all certified elite teams as a challenge. You did not play Next Level. At least get your teams right. Swarm played county rec last year and lost to some teams in that for what it's worth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neutral party here, but let's not talk about individual kids.

👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

THIS......some real trolls on this board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the looneys 2026 team do ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do know the difference between Swarm and Next Level. VLC played Next Level in a different event on October 13 and VLC won by 1 goal in a well played game. Last spring in the Hoco playoffs NL beat VLC by 1, and in the regular season the teams tied. Thanks for your interest and your feedback. quote=Anonymous]
Looneys and Next Level

Swarm and Next Level are 2 very different things. Next Level stepped up and played all certified elite teams as a challenge. You did not play Next Level. At least get your teams right. Swarm played county rec last year and lost to some teams in that for what it's worth. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall Ball is hard to judge how teams do; many kids that play lacrosse are playing football or soccer and not able to attend weekend tournaments. That being said Looney's went 1-2 with losses over True Lacrosse (4-3), VLC (5-3) and a win over Swarm (9-4). Hawks 3-0, True 3-0, FCA 2-1 and 2-1 seemed to be the most complete teams. Crabs had a nice win over Next Level. It will be interesting to see who is the 8th team in Elite?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good group at NAL fall event

Annapolis Hawks
BBL
Edge
Express North Rioseco
Legacy
Long Island Express Haugen
Madlax-Capital
NH Tomahawks
NXT
Prime Time
Sweetlax-NY
Team 91 Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys went 3-0. Beat Hawks, FCA and Madlax ......troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, instead of talking about individual kids, let’s talk about coaches. When I read threads about dangerous plays like this one, two words come to mind: bad coaching. I don’t know anything about the FCA 2026 coaches, but this does not look good on them. Ditto for the coach of whichever player was dragging his knuckles and taunting opposing players after a goal. And parents who pay travel prices for this sort of coaching should think twice about what they are getting. Anonymous]Neutral party here, but let's not talk about individual kids. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-2
Beat Swarm by 5
lost to VLC by 2
Lost to True by 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and Next Level

Swarm and Next Level are 2 very different things. Next Level stepped up and played all certified elite teams as a challenge. You did not play Next Level. At least get your teams right. Swarm played county rec last year and lost to some teams in that for what it's worth.

What is a certified Elite team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT will lose by double digits to every other team on that list. They are not remotely competitive in 2026. Towerman said they registered for NAL fall event, but I guess they got bumped out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids being kids.....watch a pro sport and you will see over the top celebrations. Any Nats fans? I bet you all like Juan Soto. He was doing you know what and staring at the pitcher after every ball that he didn't swing at. I don't mind the celebrations. It is in some kids personality to celebrate, in others it is not.

I also think that at this age, the kids that are deliberately hitting late and hitting to injure are few and far between. Late hits and hits to the head happen, but it doesn't always mean that there is intent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and Next Level

There is a 40 hour course. I think you can take it on line to get your certification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, instead of talking about individual kids, let’s talk about coaches. When I read threads about dangerous plays like this one, two words come to mind: bad coaching. I don’t know anything about the FCA 2026 coaches, but this does not look good on them. Ditto for the coach of whichever player was dragging his knuckles and taunting opposing players after a goal. And parents who pay travel prices for this sort of coaching should think twice about what they are getting. Anonymous]Neutral party here, but let's not talk about individual kids.

[/quote]

Sorry your son didn't make a club team this year. Just stay positive and tell him to keep working; maybe next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and Next Level

If you have to ask. Your son is not on one ! It's for people in the know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NXT will lose by double digits to every other team on that list. They are not remotely competitive in 2026. Towerman said they registered for NAL fall event, but I guess they got bumped out. [/quote

That is a head scratcher. Kudos to them for stepping up, just hope it doesn’t have the opposite effect and kill confidence

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall Ball is hard to judge how teams do; many kids that play lacrosse are playing football or soccer and not able to attend weekend tournaments. That being said Looney's went 1-2 with losses over True Lacrosse (4-3), VLC (5-3) and a win over Swarm (9-4). Hawks 3-0, True 3-0, FCA 2-1 and 2-1 seemed to be the most complete teams. Crabs had a nice win over Next Level. It will be interesting to see who is the 8th team in Elite?

Next Level is 8th team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had his fair share of slashes and dirty hits from this FCA player over the summer. Emotions seem to get the best of him which, unfortunately, can turn a solid defender into a dirty player.

Prime example is from the summer at Trilogy at Regional. FCA and AYLC played twice, once in bracket play, and once for the title. FCA took the first game easily, keeping our entire offense on the perimeter and not letting many looks on the crease. His defense was executed well and he shut down my kid. The checks were fairly clean, body play was solid, and the trash talk was flying (mainly hype talk between teammates)

Fast forward to Sunday and it was a different scenario. AYLC made the adjustments needed to beat the defense. Letting up goals and being down got the best of him, he picked up 2 penalties against my son for slashes. Then, late in the game he got beat badly from GLE (where he owned my kid the day before) and after dishing a slash to the back he completely wrecked my kid from behind, earning him a non-releasable. This allowed AYLC to get some goals in and secure the trophy.

FCA was up and down a lot last year, I'm would think these tendencies were showing all season, and I'm disappointed the coaching staff wasn't able to get that under control. This was not an elite level tournament we were playing in, I can only imagine how things got against higher level of play, against bigger/stronger/faster offensive play.

Mr. M, I know its hard reading all this. I just hope some of these comments, paired with the anguish shown during that car ride home, can turn him into a more disciplined player. To loose control of your stick and body after loosing control of your emotions is not ok, and not fair to the other players on the field on either team.
He plays at a level higher than most when he's under control, and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. His intensity and physicality is something many of us wish our kids had. As high school comes around, the circle of refs gets smaller and smaller, reputations with keep flags on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, instead of talking about individual kids, let’s talk about coaches. When I read threads about dangerous plays like this one, two words come to mind: bad coaching. I don’t know anything about the FCA 2026 coaches, but this does not look good on them. Ditto for the coach of whichever player was dragging his knuckles and taunting opposing players after a goal. And parents who pay travel prices for this sort of coaching should think twice about what they are getting. Anonymous]Neutral party here, but let's not talk about individual kids.

Sorry your son didn't make a club team this year. Just stay positive and tell him to keep working; maybe next year.

[/quote]

LOL. Do you really think anybody without a son on the teams we are talking about reads and posts to this forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Do you really think anybody without a son on the teams we are talking about reads and posts to this forum?
[/quote]
yes, absolutely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said, and I agree with the prior poster who said that this reflects bad coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Many are here to read about elite teams and how to get in. Sorta like you it seems . Hit The Wall !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had his fair share of slashes and dirty hits from this FCA player over the summer. Emotions seem to get the best of him which, unfortunately, can turn a solid defender into a dirty player.

Prime example is from the summer at Trilogy at Regional. FCA and AYLC played twice, once in bracket play, and once for the title. FCA took the first game easily, keeping our entire offense on the perimeter and not letting many looks on the crease. His defense was executed well and he shut down my kid. The checks were fairly clean, body play was solid, and the trash talk was flying (mainly hype talk between teammates)

Fast forward to Sunday and it was a different scenario. AYLC made the adjustments needed to beat the defense. Letting up goals and being down got the best of him, he picked up 2 penalties against my son for slashes. Then, late in the game he got beat badly from GLE (where he owned my kid the day before) and after dishing a slash to the back he completely wrecked my kid from behind, earning him a non-releasable. This allowed AYLC to get some goals in and secure the trophy.

FCA was up and down a lot last year, I'm would think these tendencies were showing all season, and I'm disappointed the coaching staff wasn't able to get that under control. This was not an elite level tournament we were playing in, I can only imagine how things got against higher level of play, against bigger/stronger/faster offensive play.

Mr. M, I know its hard reading all this. I just hope some of these comments, paired with the anguish shown during that car ride home, can turn him into a more disciplined player. To loose control of your stick and body after loosing control of your emotions is not ok, and not fair to the other players on the field on either team.
He plays at a level higher than most when he's under control, and is definitely a force to be reckoned with. His intensity and physicality is something many of us wish our kids had. As high school comes around, the circle of refs gets smaller and smaller, reputations with keep flags on the field.

Mr M has had his Hat handed to him twice now . Many people are completely in denial about their children and their actions, Not saying Mr M is, but it does seem that way. Even I have been guilty of it a time or two.

Page 18 of 33 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard