BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2019-2020 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss topics pertaining to the 2019-2020 Men's Division I, II & III College Lacrosse season or go to 'The Locker Room' forum & click on the 'College Lacrosse' sub forum

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2019-2020 Men's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you think CW Post transition to D1 will go? Will they be able to draw big names? It doesn't seem to be the case on LI... St John's, Stony Brook, Hofstra, etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do you think CW Post transition to D1 will go? Will they be able to draw big names? It doesn't seem to be the case on LI... St John's, Stony Brook, Hofstra, etc

LIU Post now. No more CW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the level of play at the Top Club programs? I realize that they will not be beating UVA or Maryland anytime soon but how competitive are they? Could they compete with lower tier DI programs or DII or DIII programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the level of play at the Top Club programs? I realize that they will not be beating UVA or Maryland anytime soon but how competitive are they? Could they compete with lower tier DI programs or DII or DIII programs?

No, they could not compete with NCAA programs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just did a little research and I disagree. Although the top club programs could not win many games vs top tier Divisions I programs the could certainly compete with many DII and DIII programs and maybe even the lower tier DI programs. Just look at history, Michigan, Marquette, Utah, UMass Lowell, Boston University, Cleveland State etc... They all jumped right into Division I and played pretty tough schedules. Those teams won some games as first year programs and played some close games vs established DI teams.

I think the Top Club programs could compete with many NCAA programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just did a little research and I disagree. Although the top club programs could not win many games vs top tier Divisions I programs the could certainly compete with many DII and DIII programs and maybe even the lower tier DI programs. Just look at history, Michigan, Marquette, Utah, UMass Lowell, Boston University, Cleveland State etc... They all jumped right into Division I and played pretty tough schedules. Those teams won some games as first year programs and played some close games vs established DI teams.

Those teams that jumped into D1 were preparing for years, just like Utah. They were actively recruiting with the premise of going D1. Most Club programs are not doing this. look at the rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC won the MLCA championship last year. There are many kids on that team that could have played D3, possibly low level D1 and chose to go to a fun, big, southern school instead. It would be interesting to see them play against NCAA competition. I would bet that they would lose to all of the D1 schools, possibly giving the bottom programs a game. They would lose to the best D3 programs and likely beat the bottom half of the programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those teams that jumped into D1 were preparing for years, just like Utah. They were actively recruiting with the premise of going D1. Most Club programs are not doing this. look at the rosters.

Not sure that that is accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC won the MLCA championship last year. There are many kids on that team that could have played D3, possibly low level D1 and chose to go to a fun, big, southern school instead. It would be interesting to see them play against NCAA competition. I would bet that they would lose to all of the D1 schools, possibly giving the bottom programs a game. They would lose to the best D3 programs and likely beat the bottom half of the programs.

Georgia Tech is not bad either. Best academic school in the South. They are always in the top for MCLA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Georgia Tech is not bad either. Best academic school in the South. They are always in the top for MCLA.

I'm assuming these statements come from a parent of a youngster going to play club, or already playing club. They would not beat ANY NCAA programs, I have seen the "top" club teams, they would lose handily to the top HS teams. They lack good FOGO and goalie play, have limited success with defensive slides and many players lack the stick skills that come with two to three hour daily practices. but keep this facade going, it's fun.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I'm assuming these statements come from a parent of a youngster going to play club, or already playing club. They would not beat ANY NCAA programs, I have seen the "top" club teams, they would lose handily to the top HS teams. They lack good FOGO and goalie play, have limited success with defensive slides and many players lack the stick skills that come with two to three hour daily practices. but keep this facade going, it's fun.

Plus, I'm not sure I would call GT the "Best academic school in the South"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Watched some video of some of the Top Club teams play (have not watched any games in person)..... I do not think the top club teams could compete with any DI teams however they could certainly compete with the lower tier DII and DIII teams.

It looks like the programs that made the jump to DI were able to bring in a recruiting class or two as well as some transfers which enabled them to compete right away. Not the same thing as taking an existing club team and throwing them into DI.

My son may consider playing club (if he is not recruited to a school he likes) and the school he selects does not have a varsity team or if he is not a strong enough athlete / player to compete at the school chooses to attend. I don't think he will select a school just because they recruit him and offer him a spot. I think the Club programs offer a great opportunity for many especially for the kids who want to go to a certain type of school. If your son is a Stud probably not the best option but for many solid players it could be a great experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Ga Tech, Vandy, Davidson, Wake the best academic schools in the south without men's lacrosse.

Look at USC's roster. It is loaded with kids from very good lacrosse high schools. I think they lose badly to all of D1, scare a few good D3s and beat the bottom half of D3.

The top 5 HS teams typically have 10+ D1 commits. They would beat all of the top college club teams, scare the top of D3 and beat the bottom of D3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched USC vs. Cal highlights on youtube - looks like mediocre high school lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch YouTube, the proof is right there for you. if you think Club Lacrosse is on par with any NCAA D-1 through D-3 you know very little about the sport. The play is slow and unpolished. It looks like a lower-tier HS game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch YouTube, the proof is right there for you. if you think Club Lacrosse is on par with any NCAA D-1 through D-3 you know very little about the sport. The play is slow and unpolished. It looks like a lower-tier HS game.

Wow. You must be the best stay at home dad out there watching game film instead of getting a job. Big lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never watched a Top Tier Club game live but the other night I did Watch one on youtube. You can not judge speed, pace of play, size, strength, aggressiveness, physicality etc... by watching film. The perspective changes depending on ones vantage point. Watching from the sideline is different from watching up in the stands and watching on TV / Computer is different than watching live. Where the camera is positioned affects how the game looks and a gam produced by ESPN in a legit stadium looks completely different from a game produced by a lesser quality outfit at a small school with bleachers. That said, The Top Club Teams could not compete with any DI programs or the Top Tier DII and DIII programs. The Top Tier Club programs could certainly compete with many DII and DIII programs and would beat 99% of all HS Teams.

here are highlights of 2017 BYU vs Utah... two years before the Utes went Varsity so probably few if any of their DI recruits.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiDk_6N-7flAhVmTd8KHUvkDk8QtwIINzAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dhpx8IzKNfhM&usg=AOvVaw30mkC7X1AEojwvLBqSgEOe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. You must be the best stay at home dad out there watching game film instead of getting a job. Big lost.

Seriously dude? So a guy who watches a club game on YouTube doesn’t have a job? Did you fall off your bike and bang your head.? Clown is the only way to describe you. Wow, just wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never watched a Top Tier Club game live but the other night I did Watch one on youtube. You can not judge speed, pace of play, size, strength, aggressiveness, physicality etc... by watching film. The perspective changes depending on ones vantage point. Watching from the sideline is different from watching up in the stands and watching on TV / Computer is different than watching live. Where the camera is positioned affects how the game looks and a gam produced by ESPN in a legit stadium looks completely different from a game produced by a lesser quality outfit at a small school with bleachers. That said, The Top Club Teams could not compete with any DI programs or the Top Tier DII and DIII programs. The Top Tier Club programs could certainly compete with many DII and DIII programs and would beat 99% of all HS Teams.

here are highlights of 2017 BYU vs Utah... two years before the Utes went Varsity so probably few if any of their DI recruits.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiDk_6N-7flAhVmTd8KHUvkDk8QtwIINzAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dhpx8IzKNfhM&usg=AOvVaw30mkC7X1AEojwvLBqSgEOe

The top club teams, cannot compete with any NCAA programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorant statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorant statement.

Coming from a guy who never watched club lacrosse. But sure. Whatever you say lacrosse guru.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorant statement.

Coming from a guy who never watched club lacrosse. But sure. Whatever you say lacrosse guru.

Just to change it up. The recent incident at St. Johns may have been the cause for a decommit by a 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorant statement.

Just to change it up. The recent incident at St. Johns may have been the cause for a decommit by a 2021.

Nobody goes to St John's to play lacrosse. It's a dead end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the prior poster, lacrosse is a dead end at every single NCAA institution out there. There is nothing after graduation. So not sure what that even means.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the prior poster, lacrosse is a dead end at every single NCAA institution out there. There is nothing after graduation. So not sure what that even means.

Obviously the poster is a J@&# MeanyArrogant P!#&%.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Tough loss for St John's this weekend but it's nice to have College Lacrosse back!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last season I went to Towson to watch them play a home game that was actually played at a neutral sight down south. There werecclub games going on at Burdick Field. Since I was there I decided to stay and watch it. From what I saw it was no where near close to the the D1 or solid D3 lacrosse I typically take my son to see during the season (games played in Maryland - Terps, Navy, Salisbury, Hounds, Hopkins, Tsu). From the two games I watch the players were either under sized or slower. Also stick skills appeared pretty sloppy.

In no way am I trying to diminish the value it brings to those who decide it provides the right atmosphere and life balance for their college experience. I have known many folks that played different intercollegiate sports. To play at that level you must love it as it is a serious life style commitment. This being said I believe, based upon what I viewed last year, equating club play to any leave of intercollegiate play is a bit farcical.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard