BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 163 of 263 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 262 263
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset vs. GC will not be close this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port graduated 3 starters. better than last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

1-Massapequa
2-Farmingdale
3-Port
4-Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Massapequa
2-Farmingdale
3-Port
4-Syosset

Don't sleep on Syo..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Massapequa
2-Farmingdale
3-Port
4-Syosset

Don't sleep on Syo..

Syo is sleeping already. The program has declined steadily over the last few years. Great coaching, it ends there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Massapequa
2-Farmingdale
3-Port
4-Syosset

Don't sleep on Syo..

Syo is sleeping already. The program has declined steadily over the last few years. Great coaching, it ends there.

Don't know much about this years Syosset team but I do know that you need the horses to compete. I don't care if you bring in Bill Tierney if he doesn't have the athletes he will not win. That said, a mediocre coach will not win even with a team full of studs. It take both good coaching and good athletes to win a championship.

I think the Dalers win it this year. LIC will see some new teams this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1-Massapequa
2-Farmingdale
3-Port
4-Syosset

Don't sleep on Syo..

Don't know much about this years Syosset team but I do know that you need the horses to compete. I don't care if you bring in Bill Tierney if he doesn't have the athletes he will not win. That said, a mediocre coach will not win even with a team full of studs. It take both good coaching and good athletes to win a championship.

I think the Dalers win it this year. LIC will see some new teams this year.

While the Dalers can compete, they have no shot against a very good Massapequa team. Dalers will be a distant second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yall see Floyd's FOGO committed to Albany.. could be their year..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yall see Floyd's FOGO committed to Albany.. could be their year..

Mom you are so embarrassing,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those participating in fall tourneys with your HIGH SCHOOL team, what are you being charged per tournament for local ones such as NLI and Laxfest?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those participating in fall tourneys with your HIGH SCHOOL team, what are you being charged per tournament for local ones such as NLI and Laxfest?

HS Coaches cashing in.... Big $$ to be made when collusion, coercion and extortion are employed and coaches are enabled by parents who are afraid to speak up due to fear of retribution against their son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HS Coaches cashing in.... Big $$ to be made when collusion, coercion and extortion are employed and coaches are enabled by parents who are afraid to speak up due to fear of retribution against their son.

Lighten up Francis, it’s just a game. No one is forcing you or your son, just say no. Trust me, the scholarship isn’t that valuable. No free rides in lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lighten up Francis, it’s just a game. No one is forcing you or your son, just say no. Trust me, the scholarship isn’t that valuable. No free rides in lax.

Lighten up?? HS Coaches should not be making big profits on the backs of the players. Club is a different story. Some people struggle to pay for these events. I can see being compensated a couple hundred for the day, but when a coach is pulling in thousands, that's a problem. As far as saying no, it's a shame that a kid could be forced to say no because it's too expensive. Not just about scholarships, it's about building chemistry with your teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset vs. GC will not be close this year.

GC barely got by Manhasset in football......Just wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lighten up?? HS Coaches should not be making big profits on the backs of the players. Club is a different story. Some people struggle to pay for these events. I can see being compensated a couple hundred for the day, but when a coach is pulling in thousands, that's a problem. As far as saying no, it's a shame that a kid could be forced to say no because it's too expensive. Not just about scholarships, it's about building chemistry with your teammates.

Thousands? How about hundreds of thousands? Do the math....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a know nothing pretzel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a know nothing pretzel.

Listen, AHMteHangry little man, stop succumbing to peer pressure and do what you morally think is correct. If that's sucking up to your son's coach than by all means go for it. No need for name calling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUST SAY NO. It's really simple. Be a man, stand up for yourself. Or don't, it's your choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JUST SAY NO. It's really simple. Be a man, stand up for yourself. Or don't, it's your choice.

My Son is in a position to say no, he is commited to a top school and plays on a top travel team. Not sure what your problem is? HS is different than club, when kids like my son say no, the whole team is affected, not that simple as you suggest. I find it to be disgusting, I’m sure you don’t because you’re a coach who thinks it’s fine to screw kids. Not everyone who plays lacrosse is well off. Just sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just say no, show some values. Lacrosse is a small part of your sons life. Teach him what’s important, or don’t, it’s up to you to parent him. Don’t judge others, just do what you tho k is right. That’s all I’m saying. If you can’t do that, you’re not much of a dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Son is in a position to say no, he is commited to a top school and plays on a top travel team. Not sure what your problem is? HS is different than club, when kids like my son say no, the whole team is affected, not that simple as you suggest. I find it to be disgusting, I’m sure you don’t because you’re a coach who thinks it’s fine to screw kids. Not everyone who plays lacrosse is well off. Just sad

Just wow.
Research the word humility.......at least for your son's sake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just say no, show some values. Lacrosse is a small part of your sons life. Teach him what’s important, or don’t, it’s up to you to parent him. Don’t judge others, just do what you tho k is right. That’s all I’m saying. If you can’t do that, you’re not much of a dad.

Maybe you should tell (HS coaches, youth league board members, Athletic Directors, School Administrators and BOE members) to do the right thing. School sports should not be pay to play. There is an obvious conflict of interest. Parents and players in public school districts should not have to deal with the BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should tell (HS coaches, youth league board members, Athletic Directors, School Administrators and BOE members) to do the right thing. School sports should not be pay to play. There is an obvious conflict of interest. Parents and players in public school districts should not have to deal with the BS.

Let me guess. If the coach didn’t do any off-season stuff you would be the first one to come on this forum and complain that he doesn’t do enough and doesn’t care about the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess. If the coach didn’t do any off-season stuff you would be the first one to come on this forum and complain that he doesn’t do enough and doesn’t care about the program.

Exactly. Fall ball gives teams an opportunity to gel before the season starts and also gives underclassmen exposure at recruiting events. Players sometimes play better team lacrosse with the boys they are familiar with as opposed to club where there may not be cohesion and a lot of selfish play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see B/C Div Lax seeding is
1 SWR
2 Mt Siani
3 West Islip
4 ISLIP
West Islip thinking they will dominate but they will struggle with top 6 teams not going to be a walk in the park as many of the WI parents are thinking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.
Research the word humility.......at least for your son's sake.[/quote]

Humility has nothing to do with it. My son’s recruitment prospects are not an issue, as he’s already been recruited and does need to play. He wants to play because he loves his HS buddies and the game. I’m not against a the coaches making a few hundred for their time. Our Coach will make over $2000 for a one day tournament charging $175 each with a 25 kid roster with a tournament fee of 1,800. You don’t see a problem with this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Fall ball gives teams an opportunity to gel before the season starts and also gives underclassmen exposure at recruiting events. Players sometimes play better team lacrosse with the boys they are familiar with as opposed to club where there may not be cohesion and a lot of selfish play.

What makes you think all HS coaches are taking advantage of their situation? Our school is playing in a 6 game Winter league and the cost is $45 per player. Doesn't feel like an abuse of power.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.

Humility has nothing to do with it. My son’s recruitment prospects are not an issue, as he’s already been recruited and does need to play. He wants to play because he loves his HS buddies and the game. I’m not against a the coaches making a few hundred for their time. Our Coach will make over $2000 for a one day tournament charging $175 each with a 25 kid roster with a tournament fee of 1,800. You don’t see a problem with this?
[/quote]

$175 is a lot. Our coach charges the cost of the tournament divided by how many players sign up. They do not take any money for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, what exactly is "Fall Ball" is it the varsity? (there have not been any tryouts yet). Who is invited? How do the coaches determine who is invited to play? Is it the Summer "Pay to Play for profit" town/HS team? Who is invited to play? What is the cost? Who profits? If it is a recruiting event is their equal playing time? Are the coaches playing to win or does everyone get to play so they can be seen?

As far as complaining about the HS coaches not doing anything in the off season give it a rest. Coaches are using their position to enrich themselves on the backs of the players. They are not operating in the free marked they are being enabled by the BOE, School Administration, Athletic Directors, butt kissing parents and youth league parents.

Big conflict of interest when HS Coaches are profiting for any out of season games, practices, tournaments, training etc...

-------------
Definition of Coercion:

"The broad definition of coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences in order to compel that person to act against his or her will." Actual violence, threats of violence, or other acts of pressure may constitute coercion if they're used to subvert an individual's free will or consent.

In legal terms, it's often said that someone who's been coerced was acting under duress. In fact, "duress" and "coercion" are often interchanged. Black's Law Dictionary defines duress as "any unlawful threat or coercion used... to induce another to act [or to refrain from acting] in a manner [they] otherwise would not [or would]."

It's not always easy to tell when the line between subtle intimidation and coercion has been crossed and even harder to prove. A shrewd business negotiation may be considered contract coercion only if it can be proven that it was signed under duress. Similarly, proving criminal coercion (or duress) rests on the surrounding facts of the incident and may be quite subtle. For example, telling someone "Gee, I'd detest for something to happen to your daughter" is technically vague even when it's said with coercive intent."
--------------

"Well son, if you want a shot at playing on the varsity you have to first play for my summer team (that will cost your parents thousands of dollars...). I know your parents have four kids but hay, if you want to play you have to pay."

If you can not see that there is a conflict of interest and that it is wrong you are not being honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.

$175 is a lot. Our coach charges the cost of the tournament divided by how many players sign up. They do not take any money for themselves. [/quote]

You're talking peanuts.

How about $2,000 per player for Summer Team.

How about a Tournament that charges approximately $300 per player? 25 players multiplied by $300 = $7,500 per team..... How many teams? 20 / 25? lets say the numbers are off a little.

For arguments sake lets assume 25 Teams with 22 players each @ $275 per player. Do the math:

275 x 22 = $6,050 per team x 25 teams = $151,250 (that is a conservative estimate)

If it were purely capitalism and a free market venture I would say great. But it is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.

$175 is a lot. Our coach charges the cost of the tournament divided by how many players sign up. They do not take any money for themselves.

You're talking peanuts.

How about a Tournament that charges approximately $300 per player? 25 players multiplied by $300 = $7,500 per team..... How many teams? 20 / 25? lets say the numbers are off a little.

For arguments sake lets assume 25 Teams with 22 players each @ $275 per player. Do the math:

275 x 22 = $6,050 per team x 25 teams = $151,250 (that is a conservative estimate)

If it were purely capitalism and a free market venture I would say great. But it is not.
[/quote]

You’re an actual dope. Do whatever you want in the summer, playing for a club. This discussion is about HIGH SCHOOL teams. Completely different conversation. HS coaches should not be making money beyond reasonable expenses off players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.

You're talking peanuts.

You’re an actual dope. Do whatever you want in the summer, playing for a club. This discussion is about HIGH SCHOOL teams. Completely different conversation. HS coaches should not be making money beyond reasonable expenses off players.
[/quote]

That is the problem, The above illustration is about a public "High School" team.... And no, you really can not do what you want in the summer if you want to play on the HS Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.

You're talking peanuts.

[/quote]

You just made the point... The above illustration is about a public high school program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wow.

You're talking peanuts.

You just made the point... The above illustration is about a public high school program...[/quote]

Wait... you’re saying a high school team is charging $275 for a fall tournament?? I thought mine was out of control at $175!! That is ludicrous! Needs to by stopped, this is terrible for the sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe YOU should. Seems it’s your problem. Again it’s a matter of values. Teach them. Or don’t. But don’t ask me to fight your battles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of voices on an anonymous site calling for change. Get in the trenches if you don’t like it. Have a conversation with the coach. I have never seen such a bunch of panty waist adults who won’t or can’t stand up for their children. If it bothered me enough to write about it, I would sure as heck do more than you clowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe YOU should. Seems it’s your problem. Again it’s a matter of values. Teach them. Or don’t. But don’t ask me to fight your battles.

As another poster suggested, no parent wants to be in the awkward position to question the Coach. From you’re flippant attitude toward this, I bet you are one of the coaches stealing from HS kids. We’ll see what your answer is when parents bring this up on a BOE meeting after their kids graduate. You better watch out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Transfer schools. My kids coach is charging $20 per player for a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't get it. Many parents do not say anything because it will negatively impact their child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of voices on an anonymous site calling for change. Get in the trenches if you don’t like it. Have a conversation with the coach. I have never seen such a bunch of panty waist adults who won’t or can’t stand up for their children. If it bothered me enough to write about it, I would sure as heck do more than you clowns.

Maybe original poster was trying to gather information about what other schools do before asking questions. If it doesn't concern you go away, nobody cares about your opinion.

Like Reply Quote
Page 163 of 263 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 262 263
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard