BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2022-10th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Real Question - I have been getting a bunch of emails about College Prospect Camps, for parents that have gone through this before is this a good way to be really seen by those coach's or is it just another money grab? Thanks.

Only if you are an extremely talented player from a non-hotbed area/program. If you are an extremely talented player in a hotbed area that plays with a well known program and interested in their school, then they know who you are. In any case, none of it matter unless you are a standout talent/athlete. It is rare that someone gets recruited for a decent D1 program out of their prospect camp or as a result of what they do there.

That’s kinda incorrect.

No it’s actually kind of correct

It's only kinda correct for the top 10 D1 schools. However, there are hundreds of other colleges that have lacrosse programs in case you don't know. Look up D2, D3, and MCLA

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Question - I have been getting a bunch of emails about College Prospect Camps, for parents that have gone through this before is this a good way to be really seen by those coach's or is it just another money grab? Thanks.

Only if you are an extremely talented player from a non-hotbed area/program. If you are an extremely talented player in a hotbed area that plays with a well known program and interested in their school, then they know who you are. In any case, none of it matter unless you are a standout talent/athlete. It is rare that someone gets recruited for a decent D1 program out of their prospect camp or as a result of what they do there.

That’s kinda incorrect.

It's only kinda correct for the top 10 D1 schools. However, there are hundreds of other colleges that have lacrosse programs in case you don't know. Look up D2, D3, and MCLA

Don't need to, I am fully aware of the number of lacrosse programs out there. My point is if you are not a SPECIFIC invite to a Prospect day the chances are not great that you are going to wow the staff. Been there done that. Know it, coaches send specific invites to players they want. Funny, because just today I received an email from Bucknell about their Prospect Day, my son graduated two years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s kinda incorrect.

Nope and It’s not rare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s kinda incorrect.

Nope and It’s not rare.

Correct, it's very rare

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s kinda incorrect.

Nope and It’s not rare.

Correct, it's very rare

Wrong

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when did NLF rankings count as the governing body for rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 3 years. next question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About 3 years. next question

Oh I thought it was Inside Lacrosse.... The real rankings for the class, that most reference, come out in August when the young guns list is posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we discussing recruiting if at this age group nothing happens till next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They made 2 very good teams instead of 3 money grabs and coach c's team. The 2nd team looked better in practice than the supposed top team!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They made 2 very good teams instead of 3 money grabs and coach c's team. The 2nd team looked better in practice than the supposed top team!

Who are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we discussing recruiting if at this age group nothing happens till next year?

????? Fall prospect days are in full swing for '22 and uncommitted '21. Its not next year, its now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks pretty simple to me. They have 2 teams and the "2nd" team looks better than the first?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks pretty simple to me. They have 2 teams and the "2nd" team looks better than the first?

The 22's can't even talk to a coach nor can any coach talk to the kids yet so what exactly are you wasting your time going for? So they remember your kids next year? Enough with that stupidity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 22's can't even talk to a coach nor can any coach talk to the kids yet so what exactly are you wasting your time going for? So they remember your kids next year? Enough with that stupidity.

I guess you don't know how it works.....Coaches can talk to your son's club coach or HS coach. Restrictions only apply to D1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you don't know how it works.....Coaches can talk to your son's club coach or HS coach. Restrictions only apply to D1

That is 100% correct. Applies to D2 as well. D3 is different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a question for all you experience lax dads! If your kid doesn't get committed by 11 grade can he play travel as a senior?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a question for all you experience lax dads! If your kid doesn't get committed by 11 grade can he play travel as a senior?

Don’t know any senior teams. Have any schools shown any interest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a chance fall of senior year. But that’s it after that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Legacy still a thing? I havent heard a single peep from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they're not recruited by Senior, then PG and go to showcases as a Junior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they're not recruited by Senior, then PG and go to showcases as a Junior.

Great advice. It makes sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant fall jam yesterday was a joke, battle of the B's, not even the Outlaws or Rebels showed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you not playing in competitive events where there is showcase opportunities, what are you doing? Otherwise it equates to a 10th year of PAL. That makes no sense to play a tourney to play at this stage of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant fall jam yesterday was a joke, battle of the B's, not even the Outlaws or Rebels showed!

If you not playing in competitive events where there is showcase opportunities, what are you doing? Otherwise it equates to a 10th year of PAL. That makes no sense to play a tourney to play at this stage of the game.

Did you tools ever think that some kids just enjoy playing the game. My non-holdback late birthday son who hasn't even turned 15 yet and has no desire to play in college enjoys playing lacrosse. If it gets him out of the house, off the computers and phones and he doesn't have the pressure of parents like you two, then so be it if its a "10th year of PAL". I guess he shouldn't have played CYO basketball either, right? probably just a waste of time. Forget the friendships that are made and sportsmanship that is learned if its not getting you looked at by college coaches.

These statements are exactly what is wrong with youth sports today. Enjoy that quarter scholarship your kid may get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody in their right mind pays 3 to 6 grand a year so their 10th grader can have fun! They play travel at this age to help with the college recruiting process! If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch! These kids got nothing out of playing in this tourne!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody in their right mind pays 3 to 6 grand a year so their 10th grader can have fun! They play travel at this age to help with the college recruiting process! If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch! These kids got nothing out of playing in this tourne!

Not everyone pays that much to play in a low level club team. If they do, then, yes, it sounds crazy.

I agree the tourney was terrible but that is an issue with YOUR club putting your child in that tourney. Nothing more or less. Your club knew it was a weak tourney.....just look at the competition.

Personally, fall ball is kinda of a waste. Its football and soccer season, let them have a few months off. Going 7 days a week is plain dense, unfortunately its the money model that our kids live in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you tools ever think that some kids just enjoy playing the game. My non-holdback late birthday son who hasn't even turned 15 yet and has no desire to play in college enjoys playing lacrosse. If it gets him out of the house, off the computers and phones and he doesn't have the pressure of parents like you two, then so be it if its a "10th year of PAL". I guess he shouldn't have played CYO basketball either, right? probably just a waste of time. Forget the friendships that are made and sportsmanship that is learned if its not getting you looked at by college coaches.

These statements are exactly what is wrong with youth sports today. Enjoy that quarter scholarship your kid may get.

Couldn't agree more with this sentiment.
I always find it quite sad when a kid announces his lacrosse committment to some terrible D1 or D3 school. As if his parents are so focused on the status symbol of "committing" they don't really care about the quality of the school he's going to.

Its equivalent to the mid-life crisis sports car these guys are probably buying.

I'll save you guys the hassle of replying...Yes I'll have my son hit the wall. Big dog, get of the porch, etc...insert any meathead catch phrase that is routinely entered on this board when somebody had a "let the kids have fun" viewpoint.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more with this sentiment.
I always find it quite sad when a kid announces his lacrosse committment to some terrible D1 or D3 school. As if his parents are so focused on the status symbol of "committing" they don't really care about the quality of the school he's going to.

Its equivalent to the mid-life crisis sports car these guys are probably buying.

I'll save you guys the hassle of replying...Yes I'll have my son hit the wall. Big dog, get of the porch, etc...insert any meathead catch phrase that is routinely entered on this board when somebody had a "let the kids have fun" viewpoint.

Don't forget "go have him play baseball"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite Team challenge and Elite invitation both have good lineups this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened in Express-Rebels game? Heard it was called early due to fighting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened in Express-Rebels game? Heard it was called early due to fighting.

Not sure, it does get very chippy at this age.

Eclipse team loves to thug it up a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Attackwoman has a big mouth for a little boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Crabs almost lost to Rock. What happened to Crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical trash Rebels ! They came into the game with a chip on their shoulder and played dirty up until the fight broke out !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical trash Rebels ! They came into the game with a chip on their shoulder and played dirty up until the fight broke out !

This is beyond true, played a very clean game, Rebels dominated this game. Express had two flags down before fight broke, express kid starts fight and continued to try and fight after game was ended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but it looks like they beat CoachC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the short version of it. It was actually a good lacrosse game before the fight. Rebels were very chippy leading up to the fight. They kept pushing Express players after the whistle, coaches were yelling at refs, other coaches, usual outlaws/rebels tactics, etc.

Express players strips Rebel player and recovers the ball and moves the ball and then they were hit from behind. Penalty was called on Rebels and after were trying to get in the face of Express player until after pushing the express player, well after the whistle was blown, then a teammate pushed back and whooped some A@@. That is all that happened. Moral of the story if the Rebels played the game clean none of this would have happened. Also blame should be put on officials for not controlling the game and letting it get out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they did win the game BUT in fairness to Express the refs stopped the game so Express didnt have a chance to see if they could come back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Score was 6-2 and Rebels were going to be 2 men up with 8 Minutes left.
Express Attackman totally out of control and thats why game was called

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard