BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 58 1 2 3 4 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
After watching games last year there should be A B C brackets

3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

CC Lax and M&D Red yes Inetgrity and hero white will get pasted in A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 brackets would make sense. Run the NGLL like one of the Summer Tournaments with several brackets.

Also CC LAX and Integrity are moving up to A. Is M&D Red or Hero's White moving up as well?

All 4 would be better than FCA, TLC and MC Elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the 3 brackets

Teams like MDU and Integrity don't belong in A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the 3 brackets

Teams like MDU and Integrity don't belong in A

I like 3 brackets of 6 or 8 teams with each team playing each other 1x. That way there are no teams that have an "easier" schedule. Top 4 teams make it if its a 6 team league and top 6 make in an 8 team league (with 1 and 2 getting bi's).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like 3 brackets of 6 or 8 teams with each team playing each other 1x. That way there are no teams that have an "easier" schedule. Top 4 teams make it if its a 6 team league and top 6 make in an 8 team league (with 1 and 2 getting bi's).

Yes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.

Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well something must have happened between the Skywalker games against M&D in the NGLL and at the end of the season. They tied them and should've beaten them in the Germantown tournament. Skywalkers will be an improved team this year - especially if/when they cut the size or their roster. Also - besides the two games against HEro's - M&D had their share of blowouts too.

It's not that Skywalkers had a joke NGLL schedule - it's that once you get past the top 4 teams at this age - the caliber of the teams fall off.

Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule.

Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sky Walkers has beaten all of the teams you listed throughout the summer season except for Pride. Time to tell us what you are really upset about. Let it out because we are here to help you. Not good to hang onto things for so long.

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down. Trust me, all of the top teams will be happier taking a tough loss against a strong team then beating a team easily.

Just a little heads up-Coaches recruit players not teams. They don't give a hoot about wins and losses and tee shirts won.
Make sure your daughter is one of the top players on her team or she will be sorry. Find a well coached team that also develops girls instead of just collecting talent (as someone previously stated). NGLL is fun and a great money maker for CR but no one is watching during college lax season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter doesn't play for any of those teams mentioned so my comment is unbiased. You mention what HS and college coaches are asking them when they are 2 years out from HS and you talk about letting kids down? Give me a break. This is about the 2019 fall and 2020 spring season. So yes, it is an open forum to discuss win's, losses, who got the crappy call or schedule. We'll save the college discussion for the 2024 season.

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride.

It's this undeveloped and defensive mind set that causes many of the issues today. Your post is argumentative rather than trying to have a discussion. My daughter plays for multiple competitive teams in 3 sports. My daughter has developed into a strong player on competitive teams by not focusing on the wins.
Here's what parent's and coaches sound like when focusing on the win:
1. "Go to goal!" (i.e. neglect your teammates and learning)
2. "That wasn't a foul!" (let's blame the ref instead of focusing on improving the player)
3. "That girl/team just plays dirty!" (let's blame the other teams for player deficiencies).
4. "What is wrong with you, make the play!" (arguing with daughters after each game. Daughters start to play conservatively rather than feeling free to experiment and learning from mistakes.
5. "We should move to a team that wins more." (blaming the players and coaches rather than trying to improve the player).
6. "I'll give you $5 for each goal you score!"
7. "Why would they put you on defense? Don't they know how good you are?"

Shortsighted people who don't have their daughter's best interest really like to focus on the win. The key here isn't that we don't enjoy winning--we just don't focus on winning at the expense of developing the team. I know you won't be able to comprehend this, because you are too interested in being right rather than considering what may be best for your daughter. Why not focus on being constructive and work on building your daughter into a strong and confident woman?

Trust me, by concentrating on the fundamentals and making sure the focus is on execution you will find that the wins just keep on coming. Just stop making this about you and let your daughter enjoy the ride. My wife and I have coached at many levels and we have found that you are they type of parent that everyone dreads. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule. [/quote]

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.[/quote]

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride. [/quote]

It's this undeveloped and defensive mind set that causes many of the issues today. Your post is argumentative rather than trying to have a discussion. My daughter plays for multiple competitive teams in 3 sports. My daughter has developed into a strong player on competitive teams by not focusing on the wins.
2. "That wasn't a foul!" (let's blame the ref instead of focusing on improving the player)
3. "That girl/team just plays dirty!" (let's blame the other teams for player deficiencies).
4. "What is wrong with you, make the play!" (arguing with daughters after each game. Daughters start to play conservatively rather than feeling free to experiment and learning from mistakes.
5. "We should move to a team that wins more." (blaming the players and coaches rather than trying to improve the player).

Shortsighted people who don't have their daughter's best interest really like to focus on the win. The key here isn't that we don't enjoy winning--we just don't focus on winning at the expense of developing the team. I know you won't be able to comprehend this, because you are too interested in being right rather than considering what may be best for your daughter. Why not focus on being constructive and work on building your daughter into a strong and confident woman?

Trust me, by concentrating on the fundamentals and making sure the focus is on execution you will find that the wins just keep on coming. Just stop making this about you and let your daughter enjoy the ride. My wife and I have coached at many levels and we have found that you are they type of parent that everyone dreads. Good luck.

[/quote]
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions and trying to attack me. But I will say this I too have coached at the rec, hs and even collegiate level developed my fair share of players along the way. Each one of those players always put team first and that started from the top. So please stop with “i’m The type of parent coaches dread”. My kids have been playing organized sports for years and I have never approAched a coach other than to thank and complement them. So you have no clue on my team philosophy.

From what I gather (based on your post) is that your daughter plays 3 sports at a competitive level (yay, so do most of these girls at this level) and that she doesn’t mind losing. This is all great but you didn’t answer the question of why? If winning a game or playing io win a game do not matter then why have them play on a competitive team and league? Why not play rec or for a less competitive team? I see plenty of good athletes that want to develop and have “fun” and choose to do just that.

And for the record the original debate was skywalkers having an easier schedule. Which is a fact. They played 4 teams with a losing record and did not have to play heroes or lbc in the regular season. Though I’m sure that the person doing schedules having ties to sw had nothing to do with that...

While we are at it maybe you can explain why sw opted to skip a game at l4tc? Did they care so little about winning that they skipped the game? Screwing the other team that traveled out of a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers definitely had the easier schedule. Looking back at last season, Pride, Nems, Hoco, Stars and even Coppermine could have had a shot for the playoffs had they played similar schedules. Then we would be complaining about how "they" had an "joke" schedule. [/quote]

Last year Sky Walkers won 1 game and lost 7. Can you show me one post where Sky Walkers was complaining about their schedule and losing 7 games? Sky Walkers took the schedule that was provided and did the best they could as did all of the other programs. The reality is that high school and college coaches won't be asking your daughters how their team did in NGLL or at any of the tournaments. You can keep focusing on wins and schedules, but ultimately you just end up letting the kids down

The "win" is your daughter's development and how well the team executes. I can appreciate that parents and daughters have different goals and therefore the conversations on this site will differ quite a bit. Personally, I'll tell my daughter to let the losers worry about winning. Losers always find excuses for failures and learn to blame others. Winners take responsibility for themselves and keep pushing to improve regardless of outcomes. Winners see failures as learning opportunities. Coaches and parents that always worry about the wins are less worried about team development--they are thinking short term. So I respect everyone's opinion and need to discuss wins, losses, schedules, etc, but don't let that take away from your daughter's love for the sport. My daughter and I rarely discuss scores. I congratulate her on nice dodges, passes, and generally just executing plays well. She loves the sport and looks forward to getting outdoors with her teammates, which is more priceless than any win.[/quote]

That's great. Your daughter can accomplish all that by playing for a good rec team. That said, if that is your true philosophy, then why have your daughter play for such a competitive team and league? If you didn't care about winning, why doesn't your daughter play for a lower level team and help develop that team? is it because they don't win or is it because they aren't as talented (therefore they don't win)? I mean they have good coaches also that can develop your daughter. I'm not here to attack you but at the same time, don't jump on a board (for a competitive sport and league like this one) and play this "holier than thou" attitude. Your daughter, like mine is playing on their respective teams to compete at high level. And last time I checked competitive teams and people like to win. Making friends and enjoying the moment are part of the ride. [/quote]

[/quote]
You seem to be making a lot of assumptions and trying to attack me. But I will say this I too have coached at the rec, hs and even collegiate level developed my fair share of players along the way. Each one of those players always put team first and that started from the top. So please stop with “i’m The type of parent coaches dread”. My kids have been playing organized sports for years and I have never approAched a coach other than to thank and complement them. So you have no clue on my team philosophy.

From what I gather (based on your post) is that your daughter plays 3 sports at a competitive level (yay, so do most of these girls at this level) and that she doesn’t mind losing. This is all great but you didn’t answer the question of why? If winning a game or playing io win a game do not matter then why have them play on a competitive team and league? Why not play rec or for a less competitive team? I see plenty of good athletes that want to develop and have “fun” and choose to do just that.

And for the record the original debate was skywalkers having an easier schedule. Which is a fact. They played 4 teams with a losing record and did not have to play heroes or lbc in the regular season. Though I’m sure that the person doing schedules having ties to sw had nothing to do with that...

While we are at it maybe you can explain why sw opted to skip a game at l4tc? Did they care so little about winning that they skipped the game? Screwing the other team that traveled out of a game.

[/quote]

You have just proven that you cannot be reasoned with. I would have thought your understanding of player development would be higher considering your collegiate level of experience. The focus of high level clubs is to get their girls into college lacrosse programs. High level clubs focus on execution. Call them and ask them. Good coaches focus on mobilizing 12 girls to play as a team. Your daughter wins when the thousands of dollars spent on club lacrosse translates into high school varsity placement and playing in college. I'm not saying it isn't fun to win, but aren't you more excited to see your daughter effectively executing what she has learned during a game? In the end, it doesn't matter if my daughter and I like losing or like winning games, it matters if she was trained to play at a high level. I'm not paying thousands of dollars each year in hopes of winning games. High school and college coaches don't care about club team wins or loses (parents do though). College coaches come to showcases which are meant to display a girls talent and not look at who wins or loses. Focus on developing your daughters talent and celebrate that progress as the real win (and if she also wins the game too, fantastic).

Regarding your Sky Walkers fixation, I would suggest reading through prior posts. Is there some reason you are trying to slander the Sky Walkers program? Why does it matter what schedule Sky Walkers has or who they play? You are losing sight of the big picture which is surprising considering your collegiate level of experience. I hope you win all of your games and everyone is happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Individual player development is important, but also no one wants to be on a 0-8 NGLL team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Individual player development is important, but also no one wants to be on a 0-8 NGLL team.

True but if your daughter is standing at the X retrieving missed shots on a 8-0 team -she will not be getting that college offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True but if your daughter is standing at the X retrieving missed shots on a 8-0 team -she will not be getting that college offer.

There needs to be a balance. You don't need to be on a team that 8 & 0 - especially if you're near the bottom of the roster. But being on a team that loses every game stinks too. If girls would stay put at clubs other than the big three - the teams in Balto would be more balanced. Then you would have good girls playing at a bunch of different teams. Not good players sitting the bench and SW and M&D while comparable girls play more for whatever reason.

I have older kids -- trust me you want to stand out on your team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There needs to be a balance. You don't need to be on a team that 8 & 0 - especially if you're near the bottom of the roster. But being on a team that loses every game stinks too. If girls would stay put at clubs other than the big three - the teams in Balto would be more balanced. Then you would have good girls playing at a bunch of different teams. Not good players sitting the bench and SW and M&D while comparable girls play more for whatever reason.

I have older kids -- trust me you want to stand out on your team

I totally agree-the movement of girls away from improving midlevel clubs keeps them struggling. It would be a great ride if multiple teams were competitive. It is tough for coaches to gage talent with teams lopsided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow just saw that MDU has a West (B) team this year-why. The A team is not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow just saw that MDU has a West (B) team this year-why. The A team is not good.

$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$

@ 2k a kid its hard to turn down another 36-40+k. But yeah this is all about development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The numbers really add up. I thought MD united had a lot of new girls come from LBC or CC lax? All of the costs are murky would love to see the books. More teams more discounts for tourneys? Travel points for stay to play tourneys? I wonder what it is after costs? Is it $400 profit per player? Or does that seem to high? I was hoping we could find out something from that lawsuit in Long island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The numbers really add up. I thought MD united had a lot of new girls come from LBC or CC lax? All of the costs are murky would love to see the books. More teams more discounts for tourneys? Travel points for stay to play tourneys? I wonder what it is after costs? Is it $400 profit per player? Or does that seem to high? I was hoping we could find out something from that lawsuit in Long island.

Actually, they lost a lot of quality players and a goalie, but they took a lot of unskilled rec type players to have the B team. Nice moneygrab .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, they lost a lot of quality players and a goalie, but they took a lot of unskilled rec type players to have the B team. Nice moneygrab .

From what I hear MDU sends out detailed club financials to all the parents detailing where the club fees are spent.

Also they added a few quality players, I think 3 or 4 from M&D and LBC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also heard they were calling people at home trying to complete the B team. They lost their better GK as well -she went back to CC Lax-coaching an issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looked at MDU website. That A team has like 4 coaches. Does each parent have a kid on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW has a White Team (B) now. Just notice it on their website. Is that a brand new team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers traditionally adds a White team in seventh grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of the problem-too many money grab B teams. Takes some players away from a midlevel looking for a few pieces.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did teams do at Prime Time Young Guns? First games after tryouts for many teams so it will be interesting to see how new team members are performing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter, it’s fall. Most teams are likely short handed due to other sports. Weather was garbage today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont disagree that the games/points dont matter but still annoying final scores weren't posted to Tourney Machine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont disagree that the games/points dont matter but still annoying final scores weren't posted to Tourney Machine

It was a glorified playday with many teams missing players...you care way too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of the problem-too many money grab B teams. Takes some players away from a midlevel looking for a few pieces.

SW White is not a “money grab” B team. The parents/players would prefer to be there than a mid-level due to better coaching and getting better exposure. SW White teams typically produce 8-12 lower level D1 or higher level D2 commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW White is not a “money grab” B team. The parents/players would prefer to be there than a mid-level due to better coaching and getting better exposure. SW White teams typically produce 8-12 lower level D1 or higher level D2 commits.

Keep drinking that Koolaid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the sales pitch MIke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Keep drinking that Koolaid"

Well my oldest played SW White and started lacrosse as a 7th grader and she plays low level D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Dont disagree that the games/points dont matter but still annoying final scores weren't posted to Tourney Machine

It was a glorified playday with many teams missing players...you care way too much.[/quote

I don't think you can get a fair read of any team that played on Sunday. Rain, cold and missing players make for some interesting games. I will say that Pride looks like they improved. Should be a fun season in the NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well my oldest played SW White and started lacrosse as a 7th grader and she plays low level D1

Top players on A teams in B type brackets do better but if that is all you are shooting for congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top players on A teams in B type brackets do better but if that is all you are shooting for congrats

I don't understand what the comment "all I'm shooting for" means. My daughter decided later than her friends to pick up lacrosse. She was not good enough to make SW blue - but they offered her white - she accepted. She was a decent high school player - not the strongest on her team but a good player. She was able to get recruited on a low level D1 school. Since we're more worried about whether the school was a good fit and less about the lacrosse it worked out well for her. Not every girl playing club is going to get recruited to the top 10 -20 Div I schools. And I get the feeling you're an M&D parent - I have news for you - not every M&D black girl is going to get recruited to those schools either. Trust me - I've seen it the past couple years.

Maybe my family was shooting for a school that my daughter loves w/ the benefit of playing lacrosse there. She stays in shape - gets playing time (which is more than can be said for some black/blue/green girls going to MD, UNC, Syracuse, Hopkins, etc.) and is getting a good education with a little bit of a lax $$. If you took away the lacrosse and the $3,000 off - she would still want to be at her school . So yeah - it worked out for us.

But the whole point of my original comment was to say that YES - some people who play SW White can play DI. Obviously not all - maybe not alot - but some. And maybe they're not worried about playing DI - there's alot of schools out there. geez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't endorse Skywalkers - but it worked out well for us. But people on here seem to want to bash them for everything. They offer a white team - people accept and pay the money. Why other people/strangers care and feel the need to comment is beyond me

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 58 1 2 3 4 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard