BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

“Well Stanford did manage to beat Stony Brook last year, even on the backend of two game east coast trip. They also managed to make the tournament the last two years, something your beloved ACC teams like Duke, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Louisville could not accomplish. Time will tell, but I’ll tale Stanford top 20 2021-2025.”

You make it way too easy . They make the tournament because they play in a weak conference . The hilarious thing is your ignorance is even more astounding , who did they play first round of the NCAA tournament the last two years a .500 ACC team and another ACC team who you just belittled because they did not make the NCAA the year before . What happened each year, they lost in essentially non competitive games . This year the NCAA will feel bad for them like they did USC last year and try and give them an easy path deep into the tournament only problem will be the same thing that happens to USC , just not very good . Again it’s obviously a great academic school and the girls that go there are set to have great futures just like the girls that go to Harvard and many others just stop with the nonsense that they will ever be in the running for an NCAA title . Not going to happen.

NCAA title, what happened to being a perennial top 20 team as the benchmark? You keeping moving the bar. Stony Brook lost two games to western teams last year in Denver and Stanford. Stanford beat Albany as well, 2-0 against the American East, that incredibly difficult conference Stony Brook plays in. PAC 12 conference is better than the American East.

U Mass Lowell
Vermont
Albany
UMBC
Hartford
Binghamton
New Hampshire

Don't bother with this joker, it is a waste of time. Jealousy does strange things to people and for some reason girls / women's lacrosse really brings it out in some people.

Below is the RPI Ranking for last year. PAC 12 had 3 teams in the Top 25. We all know the ACC is the toughest conference but please stop with your nonsense, USC, Stanford and Colorado are all very good programs. Oregon and Arizona State will continue to improve and Cal... well I am not sure what goes on at that school ; - )

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Princeton
6 Syracuse
7 Virginia
8 Florida
9 Denver
10 Michigan
11 Southern California
12 Loyola
13 Navy
14 Notre Dame
15 Stony Brook
16 James Madison
17 Penn St.
18 Penn
19 Colorado
20 Johns Hopkins
21 Dartmouth
22 Massachusetts
23 Richmond
24 Georgetown
25 Stanford
26 Jacksonville
27 Wagner
28 Duke
29 High Point
30 Hofstra
31 Liberty
32 Army West Point
33 Fairfield
34 Virginia Tech
35 Mount St. Mary's
36 Villanova
37 Towson
38 Ohio St.
39 Boston U.
40 Cornell
41 Vanderbilt
42 Albany (NY)
43 San Diego St.
44 Saint Joseph's
45 Louisville
46 Harvard
47 George Mason
48 Brown
49 Elon
50 UC Davis
51 California
52 Cincinnati
53 Coastal Carolina
54 Lehigh
55 Marquette
56 Siena
57 Rutgers
58 Colgate
59 William & Mary
60 Monmouth
61 Robert Morris
62 Duquesne
63 Marist
64 Manhattan
65 Bryant
66 Temple
67 Fresno St.
68 Davidson
69 Columbia
70 VCU
71 Furman
72 New Hampshire
73 Delaware
74 Campbell
75 Yale
76 Drexel
77 UConn
78 Mercer
79 UMBC
80 Vermont
81 George Washington
82 Kennesaw St.
83 American
84 Arizona St.
85 Winthrop
86 Old Dominion
87 Oregon
88 La Salle
89 Bucknell
90 Longwood
91 Detroit Mercy
92 Holy Cross
93 Canisius
94 Central Mich.
95 East Carolina
96 Quinnipiac
97 Niagara
98 LIU Brooklyn (now LIU)
99 Lafayette
100 Saint Francis
101 Sacred Heart
102 Radford
103 UMass Lowell
104 Stetson
105 Butler
106 Gardner-Webb
107 Binghamton
108 Iona
109 Kent St.
110 St. Bonaventure
111 Central Conn. St.
112 Presbyterian
113 Wofford
114 Hartford
115 Howard
116 Delaware St.

That list is subjective like most other rankings type lists....Wagner with a 27 RPI??

No, it is not subjective at all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Well Stanford did manage to beat Stony Brook last year, even on the backend of two game east coast trip. They also managed to make the tournament the last two years, something your beloved ACC teams like Duke, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech and Louisville could not accomplish. Time will tell, but I’ll tale Stanford top 20 2021-2025.”

You make it way too easy . They make the tournament because they play in a weak conference . The hilarious thing is your ignorance is even more astounding , who did they play first round of the NCAA tournament the last two years a .500 ACC team and another ACC team who you just belittled because they did not make the NCAA the year before . What happened each year, they lost in essentially non competitive games . This year the NCAA will feel bad for them like they did USC last year and try and give them an easy path deep into the tournament only problem will be the same thing that happens to USC , just not very good . Again it’s obviously a great academic school and the girls that go there are set to have great futures just like the girls that go to Harvard and many others just stop with the nonsense that they will ever be in the running for an NCAA title . Not going to happen.

NCAA title, what happened to being a perennial top 20 team as the benchmark? You keeping moving the bar. Stony Brook lost two games to western teams last year in Denver and Stanford. Stanford beat Albany as well, 2-0 against the American East, that incredibly difficult conference Stony Brook plays in. PAC 12 conference is better than the American East.

U Mass Lowell
Vermont
Albany
UMBC
Hartford
Binghamton
New Hampshire

Don't bother with this joker, it is a waste of time. Jealousy does strange things to people and for some reason girls / women's lacrosse really brings it out in some people.

Below is the RPI Ranking for last year. PAC 12 had 3 teams in the Top 25. We all know the ACC is the toughest conference but please stop with your nonsense, USC, Stanford and Colorado are all very good programs. Oregon and Arizona State will continue to improve and Cal... well I am not sure what goes on at that school ; - )

1 Maryland
2 Boston College
3 North Carolina
4 Northwestern
5 Princeton
6 Syracuse
7 Virginia
8 Florida
9 Denver
10 Michigan
11 Southern California
12 Loyola
13 Navy
14 Notre Dame
15 Stony Brook
16 James Madison
17 Penn St.
18 Penn
19 Colorado
20 Johns Hopkins
21 Dartmouth
22 Massachusetts
23 Richmond
24 Georgetown
25 Stanford
26 Jacksonville
27 Wagner
28 Duke
29 High Point
30 Hofstra
31 Liberty
32 Army West Point
33 Fairfield
34 Virginia Tech
35 Mount St. Mary's
36 Villanova
37 Towson
38 Ohio St.
39 Boston U.
40 Cornell
41 Vanderbilt
42 Albany (NY)
43 San Diego St.
44 Saint Joseph's
45 Louisville
46 Harvard
47 George Mason
48 Brown
49 Elon
50 UC Davis
51 California
52 Cincinnati
53 Coastal Carolina
54 Lehigh
55 Marquette
56 Siena
57 Rutgers
58 Colgate
59 William & Mary
60 Monmouth
61 Robert Morris
62 Duquesne
63 Marist
64 Manhattan
65 Bryant
66 Temple
67 Fresno St.
68 Davidson
69 Columbia
70 VCU
71 Furman
72 New Hampshire
73 Delaware
74 Campbell
75 Yale
76 Drexel
77 UConn
78 Mercer
79 UMBC
80 Vermont
81 George Washington
82 Kennesaw St.
83 American
84 Arizona St.
85 Winthrop
86 Old Dominion
87 Oregon
88 La Salle
89 Bucknell
90 Longwood
91 Detroit Mercy
92 Holy Cross
93 Canisius
94 Central Mich.
95 East Carolina
96 Quinnipiac
97 Niagara
98 LIU Brooklyn (now LIU)
99 Lafayette
100 Saint Francis
101 Sacred Heart
102 Radford
103 UMass Lowell
104 Stetson
105 Butler
106 Gardner-Webb
107 Binghamton
108 Iona
109 Kent St.
110 St. Bonaventure
111 Central Conn. St.
112 Presbyterian
113 Wofford
114 Hartford
115 Howard
116 Delaware St.

That list is subjective like most other rankings type lists....Wagner with a 27 RPI??

With 25% of a teams RPI being based upon their own record is not good for womens lacrosse. The disparity between talent level on the D1 level in womens lacrosse is way too big of a gap. So take Wagner with an RPI of 27. Their record was very good, but have you seen the level of teams they played? Number 30 Hofstra beat them by 13 goals and Princeton beat them by 12 in the first round of the NCAA's. Then 50% of their RPI is based upon their opponents record....Mount St Mary's and Fairfield both had great records as well, but again the level of teams they played is not strong at all. Again, Hofstra beat Fairfield by 9. I am not trying to pick on Wagner or any of the other schools listed hear but again, RPI is a measure that to me is subjective in womens lacrosse because the talent level is so wide that the RPI parameters do not work out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re mixing up many posters in this latest post. My point is simple...Stanford has a new coach, a good 2019 class, a great 2020 and 2021 class. They have had some success beating very good programs and they are in the top 20-25 range the last two years. Over the next six, I see them moving into the 10-20 range with more upside than down.”

You actually just can’t help yourself . There are other programs with better recruiting classes . No one except you think there is an impact player in Stanford’s 2021 class . Seems obvious your kid is one of them , are they even an impact player on their high school team . Again with the word great , you truly are delusional and if the end up top 20 that is in no ones definition of great . If you want to be honest say great academics mediocre lax .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re mixing up many posters in this latest post. My point is simple...Stanford has a new coach, a good 2019 class, a great 2020 and 2021 class. They have had some success beating very good programs and they are in the top 20-25 range the last two years. Over the next six, I see them moving into the 10-20 range with more upside than down.”

You actually just can’t help yourself . There are other programs with better recruiting classes . No one except you think there is an impact player in Stanford’s 2021 class . Seems obvious your kid is one of them , are they even an impact player on their high school team . Again with the word great , you truly are delusional and if the end up top 20 that is in no ones definition of great . If you want to be honest say great academics mediocre lax .

^ Regardless of what happens with the rest of the 2021 recruiting, Stanford’s class will rank in the top 3. They may wind up with the #1 class. I say this as a parent of a 2021 on a very competitive team. The Stanford recruits can play! I agree that the program will quickly ascend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[That list is subjective like most other rankings type lists....Wagner with a 27 RPI??[/quote]

[/quote]
With 25% of a teams RPI being based upon their own record is not good for womens lacrosse. The disparity between talent level on the D1 level in womens lacrosse is way too big of a gap. So take Wagner with an RPI of 27. Their record was very good, but have you seen the level of teams they played? Number 30 Hofstra beat them by 13 goals and Princeton beat them by 12 in the first round of the NCAA's. Then 50% of their RPI is based upon their opponents record....Mount St Mary's and Fairfield both had great records as well, but again the level of teams they played is not strong at all. Again, Hofstra beat Fairfield by 9. I am not trying to pick on Wagner or any of the other schools listed hear but again, RPI is a measure that to me is subjective in womens lacrosse because the talent level is so wide that the RPI parameters do not work out...[/quote]

The RPI is not subjective. It is not perfect but the Top 20 - 25 is pretty accurate. That said, there simply is not enough talent to go around. The top Programs bring in the Top Recruits / Players every year and that is why The Top Programs remain the same from year too year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^ Regardless of what happens with the rest of the 2021 recruiting, Stanford’s class will rank in the top 3. They may wind up with the #1 class. I say this as a parent of a 2021 on a very competitive team. The Stanford recruits can play! I agree that the program will quickly ascend.

You agree with who , yourself . You are ridiculous , predicting that the 2021 class will be top 3 when that class is not even close to being done . Typical YJ parent , do you even realize how pretentious you are . Not one of those LI recruits has been an impact player on the high school level why would it be different at the next level. The best 2021 LI recruits were on the UA LI team and and has been said before it’s a weak age group . The better LI players heading to the west coast are going to USC and honestly they are not “ great” but still better than the link impact high school players heading to the other west coast team. Sadly maybe Stanford will end up with the top 2021 class but as many of the college coaches have recognized it’s a bad year . Honest question for you Mr. South Shore dad do you really think the 2021 class is in the same ball park as the 2020 class .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You agree with who , yourself . You are ridiculous , predicting that the 2021 class will be top 3 when that class is not even close to being done . Typical YJ parent , do you even realize how pretentious you are . Not one of those LI recruits has been an impact player on the high school level why would it be different at the next level. The best 2021 LI recruits were on the UA LI team and and has been said before it’s a weak age group . The better LI players heading to the west coast are going to USC and honestly they are not “ great” but still better than the link impact high school players heading to the other west coast team. Sadly maybe Stanford will end up with the top 2021 class but as many of the college coaches have recognized it’s a bad year . Honest question for you Mr. South Shore dad do you really think the 2021 class is in the same ball park as the 2020 class .

An impact playr at one high school could be a nothing burger at another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am reading all this crazy banter about Stanford and the 2021 class. This sadly starts to single out my daughter, as she was one of the first players who committed to go there.

At the end of the day, I really could care less where this incoming class ranks or what people think about Stanford’s lacrosse program or its future. But at this point people are singling out players and talking garbage about them. I am not a part of this banter back and forth on this topic and I ask that you people please move along, especially the peron(s) arguing pro Stanford. I appreciate your sentiment, yet my best guess is your daughter isn’t going there, and you will never win an argument on an anonymous forum.

My daughter chose to go to Stanford, and I am happy for her. It is a great academic school and a good lacrosse program. Some of her friends chose to go there as well, and I am happy for that as well. All the 2021’s will find a great fit both lacrosse wise and academically. It is a sad day when adults feel the need to single out and disparage young women. Next subject please…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it sadly, why the personal attacks? There is a bigger world than just LI, Stanford has 10 in this class, 8 players not from LI along with 2 of the top 2021 players from LI. Perhaps the reason they say Stanford has a top class is that the top 40 according to IL are almost all committed and Stanford (and Maryland) got more of them than anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am reading all this crazy banter about Stanford and the 2021 class. This sadly starts to single out my daughter, as she was one of the first players who committed to go there.

At the end of the day, I really could care less where this incoming class ranks or what people think about Stanford’s lacrosse program or its future. But at this point people are singling out players and talking garbage about them. I am not a part of this banter back and forth on this topic and I ask that you people please move along, especially the peron(s) arguing pro Stanford. I appreciate your sentiment, yet my best guess is your daughter isn’t going there, and you will never win an argument on an anonymous forum.

My daughter chose to go to Stanford, and I am happy for her. It is a great academic school and a good lacrosse program. Some of her friends chose to go there as well, and I am happy for that as well. All the 2021’s will find a great fit both lacrosse wise and academically. It is a sad day when adults feel the need to single out and disparage young women. Next subject please…

Certainly will respect this request. Might be a reply to the previous post pending but will honor your request.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry if this posts twice, but will respect your request. Might be a post pending in response to one above but will move on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again with the “best” , “ great” to describe the Stanford recruits . Sorry but it’s pretentious and have to say shows their insecurity to have to constantly keep stating it. The nothing burger comment is hilarious in that again this poster is so delusional that the reason their kid is not an impact player on their high school team is that their school team is so strong that the best players on other teams would be a back up on this superstar loaded team that can’t get off LI. It’s “sadly” because you use IS lax rankings ( which I think are political and generally useless and guarantee you more of the Stanford recruits will be added so IS lax can say the sport is growing) yet you claim two of the best from LI who are not even on your sacred list . This will be the last I post about Stanford as I do understand the one parent is in a difficult spot being in with a clearly insecure dad who needs to tell us how great every team his kid plays on is. Good luck to them and as I have said many times all the girls going there have set themselves up to be very successful in life , great campus , great weather , great academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re so happy for your daughter and where she committed, then get off botc and stop arguing with people. We all see you did the same for your other daughter and as she is a good player, she is not elite or game changing just like this one. What you need to understand is that lacrosse is not just about your princess, but about the whole group of girls and most importantly the coach and leadership. Be happy your girls are both at great schools and stop arguing with people on here. Neither one has a shot at a National Championship, but both will receive a great education and college experience. You need to move on and find a new hobby!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For you to insinuate that you think you know who’s posting this garbage is just ignorant! The person you think it is has never been on this crappy forum! A bunch of keyboard tough guys! Instead of being happy for the girls you feel the need to disrespect them. You need mental health support. The man you accuse of being on here praising his daughters and Stanford would do absolutely anything for you, even after you drug his daughters through the mud! Move on lost!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dragged not drug ,so South Shore . Just kidding . It’s obviously someone posting who has a kid going there or they are dangerously obsessed with this group of commits. If you are going to come on this site and claim your daughter is part of a group of great players expect some blowback or better yet just keep it to yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the most current commitment list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to Stanford, all may not start, but all will likely see the field as long as they stay healthy. Starting/playing time on college is different than HS ball. Especially with the offenses and defenses these coaches are running. Every change of possesion, coaches are switching personnel like the men's game. So likely 18-22 girls see significant time throughout the season, rather than your 12-13 in HS ball.

But whichever school any of the girls go to, lets hope they play well and keep the Long Island known as a hotbed for lacrosse. It will keep opening doors for our younger girls down the road.

Talk about clueless, lease tell us the one program where 18-22 layers are seeing significant laying time, what a joke. Not sure about the rest of the country but on LI the 2021 class is generally thought of as being weak, I am sure they don't think so but the club coaches and the school coaches do.

Thanks for weighing in on how weak the LI girls are. You should probably email all the college coaches around the nation, they didn't seem to get your memo.

First off some of the college coaches have not gone after this age very hard , UNC , Cuse , ND as an example of a few . Some of the actual commitments I am sure the college coaches are excited about but I am basing my opinion on what I have seen and conversations with coaches in LI who generally feel the 2021 class is weak . It’s not to say there are not some very good players but honestly there aren’t many stand outs in this year. Are there any decent high school teams out there where the obviously best player is going to be a junior this year , I can tell you a bunch where it was a junior last year . By stand outs I mean players that have been or will be the best player on their high school team for more than 1 year , have made most if not all the “ all star “ teams with combined ages they have tried out for , have received the highest accolades of any player on their high school team . [/quote]

Smithtown East, their 2021s are a very good class and contain the best players on the team. Two 21s have already committed to TOP schools and are fantastic lacrosse players and have been for years. There are 5 more 21s on that team that will again contribute this year and will also play in on competitive college teams.

Other schools that jump to mind where their top players are 21s, ESM, BBP, Mt Sinai, Ward Melville, Sayville (although not a top program like the others listed), WHB, Mattituck. I think the LI 21s have shown to be pretty darn good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In reference to Stanford, all may not start, but all will likely see the field as long as they stay healthy. Starting/playing time on college is different than HS ball. Especially with the offenses and defenses these coaches are running. Every change of possesion, coaches are switching personnel like the men's game. So likely 18-22 girls see significant time throughout the season, rather than your 12-13 in HS ball.

But whichever school any of the girls go to, lets hope they play well and keep the Long Island known as a hotbed for lacrosse. It will keep opening doors for our younger girls down the road.

Talk about clueless, lease tell us the one program where 18-22 layers are seeing significant laying time, what a joke. Not sure about the rest of the country but on LI the 2021 class is generally thought of as being weak, I am sure they don't think so but the club coaches and the school coaches do.

Thanks for weighing in on how weak the LI girls are. You should probably email all the college coaches around the nation, they didn't seem to get your memo.

First off some of the college coaches have not gone after this age very hard , UNC , Cuse , ND as an example of a few . Some of the actual commitments I am sure the college coaches are excited about but I am basing my opinion on what I have seen and conversations with coaches in LI who generally feel the 2021 class is weak . It’s not to say there are not some very good players but honestly there aren’t many stand outs in this year. Are there any decent high school teams out there where the obviously best player is going to be a junior this year , I can tell you a bunch where it was a junior last year . By stand outs I mean players that have been or will be the best player on their high school team for more than 1 year , have made most if not all the “ all star “ teams with combined ages they have tried out for , have received the highest accolades of any player on their high school team .

Smithtown East, their 2021s are a very good class and contain the best players on the team. Two 21s have already committed to TOP schools and are fantastic lacrosse players and have been for years. There are 5 more 21s on that team that will again contribute this year and will also play in on competitive college teams.

Other schools that jump to mind where their top players are 21s, ESM, BBP, Mt Sinai, Ward Melville, Sayville (although not a top program like the others listed), WHB, Mattituck. I think the LI 21s have shown to be pretty darn good.[/quote]

Leaving out the obvious, Manhasset- with two Jrs that have been big contributors since freshman year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off some of the college coaches have not gone after this age very hard , UNC , Cuse , ND as an example of a few . Some of the actual commitments I am sure the college coaches are excited about but I am basing my opinion on what I have seen and conversations with coaches in LI who generally feel the 2021 class is weak . It’s not to say there are not some very good players but honestly there aren’t many stand outs in this year. Are there any decent high school teams out there where the obviously best player is going to be a junior this year , I can tell you a bunch where it was a junior last year . By stand outs I mean players that have been or will be the best player on their high school team for more than 1 year , have made most if not all the “ all star “ teams with combined ages they have tried out for , have received the highest accolades of any player on their high school team . [/quote]

Other schools that jump to mind where their top players are 21s, ESM, BBP, Mt Sinai, Ward Melville, Sayville (although not a top program like the others listed), WHB, Mattituck. I think the LI 21s have shown to be pretty darn good.

Is this a joke or are you just that ignorant about the teams you are posting about. Lets take it in reverse order .Mattituck, I dont believe that they even have a 2021 who has played on the varsity and if they did it was not a significant amount , lost like 8 starting seniors to graduation and their best players the past years were sisters none of whom are 2021 ,one of which is a 2020 who was an AA last year.
WHB You think that a 2021 player on that team is better than the 2020 2x AA/ U19 player. The only player who would be in the conversation was her cousin who graduated last year.
Sayville Yes the best players are most likely 2021 which is the reason they are not in the conversation of a top team and also the reason they did not have a player on the UA team or top schoolgirls team( at least I dont think so as I could not find both rosters)
Ward Melville Debatable as to the best player but its possible , will be a down year for them as they are not very good this year.
Sinai/Esm putting them together as they are similar in regard to best player. Yes both those goalies are very good and that is the strength of the 2021 class in general on LI but neither are the best players on their teams
as both Sinai and ESM have 2 of the better players in the country in the 2020 age group.That said comparing goalies and field players is never really easy.
BBP the top 3 players on that team last year were 2020 so why would that change this year.

Including BBP, Mattituck,WHB in your argument just shows you have absolutely no idea.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off some of the college coaches have not gone after this age very hard , UNC , Cuse , ND as an example of a few . Some of the actual commitments I am sure the college coaches are excited about but I am basing my opinion on what I have seen and conversations with coaches in LI who generally feel the 2021 class is weak . It’s not to say there are not some very good players but honestly there aren’t many stand outs in this year. Are there any decent high school teams out there where the obviously best player is going to be a junior this year , I can tell you a bunch where it was a junior last year . By stand outs I mean players that have been or will be the best player on their high school team for more than 1 year , have made most if not all the “ all star “ teams with combined ages they have tried out for , have received the highest accolades of any player on their high school team .

Is this a joke or are you just that ignorant about the teams you are posting about. Lets take it in reverse order .Mattituck, I dont believe that they even have a 2021 who has played on the varsity and if they did it was not a significant amount , lost like 8 starting seniors to graduation and their best players the past years were sisters none of whom are 2021 ,one of which is a 2020 who was an AA last year.
WHB You think that a 2021 player on that team is better than the 2020 2x AA/ U19 player. The only player who would be in the conversation was her cousin who graduated last year.
Sayville Yes the best players are most likely 2021 which is the reason they are not in the conversation of a top team and also the reason they did not have a player on the UA team or top schoolgirls team( at least I dont think so as I could not find both rosters)
Ward Melville Debatable as to the best player but its possible , will be a down year for them as they are not very good this year.
Sinai/Esm putting them together as they are similar in regard to best player. Yes both those goalies are very good and that is the strength of the 2021 class in general on LI but neither are the best players on their teams
as both Sinai and ESM have 2 of the better players in the country in the 2020 age group.That said comparing goalies and field players is never really easy.
BBP the top 3 players on that team last year were 2020 so why would that change this year.

Including BBP, Mattituck,WHB in your argument just shows you have absolutely no idea.

[/quote]

Agree about Mattituck.
Agree about WHB... not even close. 2020 super stud is the best by far the best.
Agree about Sayville.
It is not debatable at Ward Melville. The best player by far is a 2021. (best player last year as well).
Disagree with assessment and putting Mt. Sinai and ESM together. and can't really compare goalies to field players. Call the goalie the most important player.
Agree about BBP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about Mattituck.
Agree about Sayville.
It is not debatable at Ward Melville. The best player by far is a 2021. (best player last year as well).
Disagree with assessment and putting Mt. Sinai and ESM together. and can't really compare goalies to field players. Call the goalie the most important player.
Agree about BBP
[/quote]

Garden City and Manhasset...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about Mattituck.
Agree about Sayville.
Agree about BBP

Garden City and Manhasset...[/quote]

Are always loaded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about Mattituck.
Agree about Sayville.
Agree about BBP

Are always loaded.

Garden City and Manhasset are well coached. The players play in a great system with a good supporting cast. Individually the players on both GC and Manhasset are not stand outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about Mattituck.
Agree about Sayville.
Agree about BBP

Are always loaded.

Garden City and Manhasset are well coached. The players play in a great system with a good supporting cast. Individually the players on both GC and Manhasset are not stand outs.

"Smithtown East, their 2021s are a very good class and contain the best players on the team. Two 21s have already committed to TOP schools and are fantastic lacrosse players and have been for years. There are 5 more 21s on that team that will again contribute this year and will also play in on competitive college teams."

But Smithtown East never wins anything, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Even with the talent they have/had. Coaching is the problem there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK! Manhasset hss two jrs who have contributed since freshman year. 1 with many accolades. The jealousy always shows through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK! Manhasset hss two jrs who have contributed since freshman year. 1 with many accolades. The jealousy always shows through.

You got that right. They can not help themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts do not matter, they will keep changing the criteria and moving the bar to keep with their desire to belittle the 2021s. Manhasset and GC both had 2021s on the UA team with the 2020s, but they do not seem to count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about Mattituck.
Agree about Sayville.
Agree about BBP

Are always loaded.

"Smithtown East, their 2021s are a very good class and contain the best players on the team. Two 21s have already committed to TOP schools and are fantastic lacrosse players and have been for years. There are 5 more 21s on that team that will again contribute this year and will also play in on competitive college teams."

But Smithtown East never wins anything, always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Even with the talent they have/had. Coaching is the problem there.

I’ve seen this team for years, and they have had a lot of talent not utilized correctly. 2 2021s are skilled, smart players. They lost some gritty seniors who will be a big loss. They have a few younger superstars in the making including an excellent goalie who was out for the season with a knee injury and a great draw girl who had a back injury. They will have a good team this year but I think Northport will be the team to beat once again! In fact, wasn’t East the only team to beat, and beat soundly, the state champions in regular play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome YouTube videos about D1lacrosse , look up Jessie James west on YouTube he transferred from d1to d3. Reality about the hype . Also his buddy Stelios and himself about the work being a d1 to a D3 player . I can’t see a kid having a life and playing a sport where there’s no future in and excel in college at the same time 6 days a week 2,3 times a day with practice film and workouts and hardly get any scholarships. FACT !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome YouTube videos about D1lacrosse , look up Jessie James west on YouTube he transferred from d1to d3. Reality about the hype . Also his buddy Stelios and himself about the work being a d1 to a D3 player . I can’t see a kid having a life and playing a sport where there’s no future in and excel in college at the same time 6 days a week 2,3 times a day with practice film and workouts and hardly get any scholarships. FACT !!!!!

What is "FACT"?

DI Athletics is certainly not for everyone but there are many DI student athletes who do thrive and grow while playing a DI sport in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Garden City and Manhasset...[/quote]

Are always loaded. who The PARENTS?[/quote][/quote]

They have a few younger superstars in the making including an excellent goalie who was out for the season with a knee injury and a great draw girl who had a back injury. [/quote]

Tee Hee!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This may be the densest post ever on this site. So you're saying that every kid that plays a D1 sport has not life and doesn't excel in college? That's absolutely ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Garden City and Manhasset...

Are always loaded. who The PARENTS?[/quote][/quote]

They have a few younger superstars in the making including an excellent goalie who was out for the season with a knee injury and a great draw girl who had a back injury. [/quote]

Tee Hee!![/quote]

Green is a great color but it is ugly on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy calling his kid a future superstar is about as pretentious as the GC parents are thought to be . The only thing your kid seems to be in the making for is the child of an obnoxious dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just Garden City but the whole island is full of classless, obnoxious and crazy parents. Is there an equivalent name for Masshole to describe theses kind of people from Long Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not just Garden City but the whole island is full of classless, obnoxious and crazy parents. Is there an equivalent name for Masshole to describe theses kind of people from Long Island?

FLIDs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With fall tournaments starting this weekend will coaches be watching 21s much or will they have moved on to the 22s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With fall tournaments starting this weekend will coaches be watching 21s much or will they have moved on to the 22s?

The short answer is both, depending on the tier of the team. There are still many 2021 roster spots open across the board. Only a few of the top programs have finalized their 2021 class, and there are many//most mid level and lower Div 1's still looking. Other than committing their top 2 or 3 girls many D1 teams wanted to see girls one more time during the fall before giving offers. Likewise some girls with late offers wanted to hold out until they play the fall so that they will have the most options. D2-3 schools will look at 2021's from this fall until next fall. That being said there will be coaches at the most of the 2022 A team brackets games, and some at the B bracket games. They will use the fall to for preliminary IDing potential talent, and exclude others who don't fit what they are looking for. I think the focus will still be on the 2021's, but expect a fair number of coaches at the 2022's top team games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know or have an opinion on what schools in the top 50 have been slow to recruit? We were at a showcase this past weekend and there were a ton of high D1 coaches still watching. Would love to hear your opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know or have an opinion on what schools in the top 50 have been slow to recruit? We were at a showcase this past weekend and there were a ton of high D1 coaches still watching. Would love to hear your opinions.

Think a lot of schools went slow but a lot of the top D1 schools are done or close to it. The one's watching may have been looking at a small group of girls for their last one or two spots or they are watching their commits.

There are still a ton of spots open but the top 10 is basically done at this point.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard