BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Elite teams play to win..6th grade or not !

And your kid will quit by 10th grade because of you.

I see this all the time about kids quitting. And while you are correct to some degree, I have spoken to enough 2026 parents with kids who this is their choice to want to win now and be on the most competitive teams possible. If my son is choosing "HIS CHOICE" to work 3 days a week in the off season, who are you to say he is going to quit in High School because he doesn't want to play with your wet turd in 6th grade.

Sure it is. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Some got it and some dont. Sounds like your son might need some improvement. My suggestion. HIT THE WALL !!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLC, has the best fogo in the state, plus goalie and top mid line....attack and defense still need a little help

My son plays for them....

My son is a FOGO. He is not the best FOGO in the state, but he says that the Hawks kid from last year was the best he has gone against. Did he move to PLC?

All I am going to say is a FOGO in 6th grade is a bad idea and in a few years it will show on the field. Midfielder first; FO second. What makes a FOGO elite at the next level is stick skills and field awareness. He is not going to get that if he is just facing off in 6th grade. In fact I would go as far to say that most elite FOGO's do not become FOGO's until HS. They are converted midfielders.

And yes the Hawks kid is the best at 2026 and he is still there.

100% False.

There were probably 5 local FOGO's on Elite 2020 teams that committed to high D1 programs in 7th and 8th grade prior to the recruiting rule change. Stick skills and field awareness mean 0 as long as you win the clamp and pass it off. Possession is king.

Completely wrong! Talk to any HS coach in the MIAA and they will agree; specializing as a FOGO at this age is bad practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLC, has the best fogo in the state, plus goalie and top mid line....attack and defense still need a little help

My son plays for them...

My son is a FOGO. He is not the best FOGO in the state, but he says that the Hawks kid from last year was the best he has gone against. Did he move to PLC

All I am going to say is a FOGO in 6th grade is a bad idea and in a few years it will show on the field. Midfielder first; FO second. What makes a FOGO elite at the next level is stick skills and field awareness. He is not going to get that if he is just facing off in 6th grade. In fact I would go as far to say that most elite FOGO's do not become FOGO's until HS. They are converted midfielders.

And yes the Hawks kid is the best at 2026 and he is still there.

100% False.

There were probably 5 local FOGO's on Elite 2020 teams that committed to high D1 programs in 7th and 8th grade prior to the recruiting rule change. Stick skills and field awareness mean 0 as long as you win the clamp and pass it off. Possession is king.

Completely wrong! Talk to any HS coach in the MIAA and they will agree; specializing as a FOGO at this age is bad practice.

They may not have specialized in 6th grade. Almost every current FO guy in MIAA was a FO guy in youth and mainly Middie . Several were strictly FO guys in 7th and 8th grade , Just the way the modern game of lacrosse is played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks don’t repeat as champs this year.
Shadow 1 player and you shut them down.
3rd place in HOCO this year.
That is all.
Bring your lanyards Hawks parents.
Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's the case, who are the better two teams than the Hawks?

I'm new to this area/board and just understanding the landscape of local lacrosse? We moved from N.C.

We missing tryouts this year, but should we go in a different direction next year and if so, who?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy...TEAM 91 MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the addition of 2 Texas kids. 91 will will be the team to beat. We are loaded but obviously out of state kids know we are the 26 team to join in MD. Really a special program so I would encourage you to talk with the staff. Welcome to MD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is all.
Thank you.

You should definitely become a coach. Its a great strategy. Our team tried it but it didnt work so well. Hawks are a good team and deep. They may lose sooner or later but I dont see them losing in HOCO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the addition of 2 Texas kids. 91 will will be the team to beat. We are loaded but obviously out of state kids know we are the 26 team to join in MD. Really a special program so I would encourage you to talk with the staff. Welcome to MD!

Is Team 91 playing any fall tournaments to debut their new Texas studs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A 91 post where the “stud” doesn't get mentioned. He must fall behind Texas in the pecking order.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A 91 post where the “stud” doesn't get mentioned. He must fall behind Texas in the pecking order.

Here's a thinker. If my kid's team was so bad they had to bring players in from halfway across the country would I really be on here bragging about that!! At least the "stud" is from MD smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a thinker. If my kid's team was so bad they had to bring players in from halfway across the country would I really be on here bragging about that!! At least the "stud" is from MD smile

And not much of a stud if they still feel the need to bring kids in from Texas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And not much of a stud if they still feel the need to bring kids in from Texas.

I saw the Team 91 Texas 26 team play at Naptown. Not sure I would get my hopes up on those 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

everythings bigger in texas. Double holdbacks for sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is all.
Thank you.

Haha, which one player? They beat my son's team a few times and they definitely have more than one player that will hurt you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another great thing that MD and the Northeast Preps schools have made happen. Many of these out of state parents know the drill and are holding back their son. Lacrosse has become saturated with a bunch of kids playing down as holdbacks/prefirst . Pretty sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 in freedom lax invitational October 27 in Aston Pa. pretty lame teams so will be shocked if we don’t roll all teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any observations from today’s games at Blandair?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. All the players are champs for playing in the conditions they did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was wet. Oh, and windy. Did I mention wet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. It was cold and rainy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for them....

My son is a FOGO. He is not the best FOGO in the state, but he says that the Hawks kid from last year was the best he has gone against. Did he move to PLC?

No, he is still there.

He wasn’t today that’s for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another great thing that MD and the Northeast Preps schools have made happen. Many of these out of state parents know the drill and are holding back their son. Lacrosse has become saturated with a bunch of kids playing down as holdbacks/prefirst . Pretty sad

Texas has been holding kids back for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EO EO EO EO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They regrouped and added a ton of talent. Last year they were a combined 26/27 because a lot left. New coaching staff and players. Expect them to be pushing Elite by next year

3D 2026
3D 2027
FCA 2027
NXT 2026
AYLC 2026
PLC 2026
Saltwater 2026
Salwater 27/28

Thoughts?

IF AYLC loses any of these games, they should play in the HOCO B division.

Its 6th grade lacrosse and winning isnt the goal. The goal is to learn how to play the game, be a good teammate and be coachable. EO

EO, each other, PLC motto. Let's see what the new squad can do! Good luck!

PLC will own Annapolis 26 Division again soon!

How'd the Nightfall tournament go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None. Its Fall Ball. Means nothing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was pretty miserable. Can't make many accurate observations from watching games in those conditions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As EO EO EO mentioned previously, or PLC, they rolled something seriously, how about rolled over. Think 2025 and 2026 went 0-8

Dang, that hurts, they should have stayed extinct, going to be a long year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As EO EO EO mentioned previously, or PLC, they rolled something seriously, how about rolled over. Think 2025 and 2026 went 0-8

Dang, that hurts, they should have stayed extinct, going to be a long year.

Stay salty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salty??? I’m confused...is someone upset or is that a new team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 in freedom lax invitational October 27 in Aston Pa. pretty lame teams so will be shocked if we don’t roll all teams
y
Please let us know how it goes. Hopefully the stud lefty and the Texans make a good first impression.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest surprise from yesterday's action at Blandair was Looney's. I know it is fall ball but to go 1-2 and really look average surprised me. True Annapolis looks like the real deal; a few more pieces and they could make some noise in elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest surprise from yesterday's action at Blandair was Looney's. I know it is fall ball but to go 1-2 and really look average surprised me. True Annapolis looks like the real deal; a few more pieces and they could make some noise in elite.

How'd they do? No Scores posted. Not sure that HOCO will put a new team in Elite in their 1st season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't read too much into anyone's performance in those conditions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the update True Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 91 Dad, if your team is so good then why are you playing in a lame tournament with weak competition? Any Club administrator worth your hard earned Club Fees know that there are only two tournaments in the Fall south of Long Island worth going to.

Maryland Invitational. - no Team 91
NAL in New Castle, DE - will you be there? You were a no show last Fall.

Come to think of it, I don’t remember seeing you at NLF last June either.

And you were a middle of the road program in HoCo last year. Maybe you should stay humble until you win something. So you picked up a couple of kids at tryouts. Who cares. Lots of teams have done that this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How'd they do? No Scores posted. Not sure that HOCO will put a new team in Elite in their 1st season.

AAA at best. KKYHZU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are still the greatest team ever assembled!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely the team to beat; #22 is playing like a man among boys. He was close to unstoppable. True had some nice goalie play and Madlax and FCA both had very good FO guys and solid defenses along with Hawks defense. VLC was big but I do not think they're ready for elite just yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely the team to beat; #22 is playing like a man among boys. He was close to unstoppable. True had some nice goalie play and Madlax and FCA both had very good FO guys and solid defenses along with Hawks defense. VLC was big but I do not think they're ready for elite just yet.

I was watching the Madlax game on the other baseball field and saw a late cheap shot on the Hawks (to the head) from one of those FCA defenseman. I hope that the player is OK

Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard