BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 66 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trash club with [ChillLaxin] dads and greasy moms.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Looney's 2021 at Big 4. Man, they are terrible. Looney's disbanded two of their older teams. Wouldn't be surprised if this team was folded as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reads like a Long Island thread, embarrassing for youth sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Reads like a Long Island thread, embarrassing for youth sports

I have a child who plays in AA county and he has played against Looneys and with several of their players in different events. They have been first class people at every turn. This includes the times we beat them. I am not sure what the angle is on here. Sounds like a parent who's kid couldn't make a team there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know why the '25 Green coaches are moving to Rock?

Falling out? Philosophical differences? Something else?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No first hand knowledge, but could it be part of the new emphasis from St. Paul's coach on building Rock into his feeder club and the Loyola coach doing the same with Looneys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's has been declining for years. They should fold the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No first hand knowledge, but could it be part of the new emphasis from St. Paul's coach on building Rock into his feeder club and the Loyola coach doing the same with Looneys?

Interesting. Doesn't Ritter coach at Boys Latin, though?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why rock as feeder club, Not very promising saying that BL, Loyola, and Calvert Hall bringing in kids from way more successful clubs such as Crabs, Looneys, and Fca

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sp needs a feeder so makes sense that Whitty is at Rock. Most rising high schoolers at Sp play for a very weak Breakers program and doubtful that any of those kids have a meaningful impact during their high school years. Whitty will recruit kids from in state and out of state and they will play for Rock.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sp needs a feeder so makes sense that Whitty is at Rock. Most rising high schoolers at Sp play for a very weak Breakers program and doubtful that any of those kids have a meaningful impact during their high school years. Whitty will recruit kids from in state and out of state and they will play for Rock.

Looney's has not updated their website in about 4 years. No useful information at all and no wonder the club is in decline. Their website is a direct reflection of how bad the club has gone downhill .

Complete garbage....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looney's has not updated their website in about 4 years. No useful information at all and no wonder the club is in decline. Their website is a direct reflection of how bad the club has gone downhill .

Complete garbage....

This is silly. The website has the 2019/20 tryout information and has active links to various gear, etc. Yes some of the stuff is out of date, which is true for pretty much every club website I've ever seen. The individual teams use Teamsnap to manage things so...

Oh and I'm not familiar with the other years but 2023 Orange had 70+ kids out for their tryouts - for a team that is returning all but a small handful of kids. They will also be fielding the lower level Green team. With all the new clubs popping up at this grade, Looneys seems pretty stable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete garbage....

This is silly. The website has the 2019/20 tryout information and has active links to various gear, etc. Yes some of the stuff is out of date, which is true for pretty much every club website I've ever seen. The individual teams use Teamsnap to manage things so...

Oh and I'm not familiar with the other years but 2023 Orange had 70+ kids out for their tryouts - for a team that is returning all but a small handful of kids. They will also be fielding the lower level Green team. With all the new clubs popping up at this grade, Looneys seems pretty stable.

One Grad year is not club stability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete garbage....

His son couldnt make the Orange team...Ignore him, he is just bitter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete garbage....

Have you seen the Crabs website? Good website does not = winning club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 is probably the most unstable (or least successful) year. They didn't field a 2022 team beginning last year, but all the other years have been plugging along with both Orange and Green teams which have had varying degrees of success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club has dropped a ton in the past few years. Their moms continue to be the greatest out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club has dropped a ton in the past few years. Their moms continue to be the greatest out there.

Thank you for the comment.
I agree, they are the greatest. However, all mothers and fathers who support their children's lacrosse endeavors are great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 is probably the most unstable (or least successful) year. They didn't field a 2022 team beginning last year, but all the other years have been plugging along with both Orange and Green teams which have had varying degrees of success.

Lets not be so judgemental, after all it's just a game for the the boys to sharped their skills and make lasting friendships. No reasonable adult should judge the success or failure of a rising ninth grade boy by what team he plays for or what school he attends. Stop being silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete garbage....

"small handful of kids"? more than 1/3 of their team is new this year and less than half were with the team in 2018. Their tryout numbers were high because the Kelly Post players want somewhere to play now that their time in Rec Club is over and this was the earliest tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what their 2023 team does next this year when they still stink after cutting another 10 players..... Maybe it's your core Daddy ball players are the ones that really stink...... I sure hope the Loyola Coach knows what he is getting into with this dysfunctional crew..Partnering up with Looneys might hurt Loyola lacrosse instead of helping it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what their 2023 team does next this year when they still stink after cutting another 10 players..... Maybe it's your core Daddy ball players are the ones that really stink...... I sure hope the Loyola Coach knows what he is getting into with this dysfunctional crew..Partnering up with Looneys might hurt Loyola lacrosse instead of helping it...

Sorry your son didn't make it. Posting on here will not change that. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow..U are bitter. Daddy Ball player take your kids spot on team. ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son didn't make it. Posting on here will not change that. Best of luck.

Good news is your wife probably has lost 30lbs since being away from the rest of those fat greasy Moms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good news is your wife probably has lost 30lbs since being away from the rest of those fat greasy Moms

Bitter, jealous and resentful of others is not a good quality to go thru life with. Accept your son couldn't keep up and got cut, then move on. Better yet, have him Hit The Wall !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"small handful of kids"? more than 1/3 of their team is new this year and less than half were with the team in 2018. Their tryout numbers were high because the Kelly Post players want somewhere to play now that their time in Rec Club is over and this was the earliest tryout.

Nowhere near that number are new. The number of kids they lost is about in line with what most of the "elite" teams lost/cut/shuffled over the last year. Looney's just did all of it's changes after (way too early) tryouts, instead of through kids moving to other teams over the course of the season (E.g. Hawks losing a bunch of kids to 91).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another player leaves Looneys. Looneys 2024 loses there best middie James Zingo to 91. Kid is big, fast and has a cannon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2024 loses...Zingo, there best middie to 91. Kid is big, fast and has a cannon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the intel Dominic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2024 loses...Zingo, there best middie to 91. Kid is big, fast and has a cannon.

Our team has played against Looneys 24 Orange for a couple of years now. Zingo and Ferlie were their best players/combo mids. That team was hard to beat with those 2 in the lineup. Not sure how they will do this season. Are they both on 91MD now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup.....Zingo and Firlie are both now on 91. Who do you put your pole on? also know Looneys 2024 lost another middie that had been plying up he is now on 91 2025.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup.....Zingo and Firlie are both now on 91. Who do you put your pole on? also know Looneys 2024 lost another middie that had been plying up he is now on 91 2025.

There goes 24 Orange. I know it happens but its still sad to see a solid team like that get dismantled so abruptly. 91MD-Madlax-Hawks, now thats gonna be a must watch. I hope 91 goes to Madlax's fall tourney (NAL).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 2023 Looney's team took a major step back based; has anyone heard anything about this team? I thought with Loyola coach taking over the team would take a big jump forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the 2023 Looney's team took a major step back based; has anyone heard anything about this team? I thought with Loyola coach taking over the team would take a big jump forward.

Did he promise guaranteed admittance to LHS? Maybe he should if he didn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They took a big jump forward. No doubt about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they got a stud Lefty attackman from NY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering they've had two practices, have a new coach with a new offensive approach and haven't played a game, who knows. They lost two kids who started and some other players as well. But they picked up a good sized new attackman, along with what look to be two good poles. But really until they play some games, it's all guesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering they've had two practices, have a new coach with a new offensive approach and haven't played a game, who knows. They lost two kids who started and some other players as well. But they picked up a good sized new attackman, along with what look to be two good poles. But really until they play some games, it's all guesses.
seriously no one cares....The only thing that has kept this organization together was the 2020 team...Great coaches and great players....All the rest is average at best....2021 team is borderline horrible...2022 team died In A lack of talent plane crash, and the 2023 team had horrible coaches and a Daddy ball infestation....Buyer beware on their crappy high school teams... The best part of the organization are all committed and Gon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously no one cares....The only thing that has kept this organization together was the 2020 team...Great coaches and great players....All the rest is average at best....2021 team is borderline horrible...2022 team died In A lack of talent plane crash, and the 2023 team had horrible coaches and a Daddy ball infestation....Buyer beware on their crappy high school teams... The best part of the organization are all committed and Gon!

Time to get over your son getting cut from the 2020 team. D1 is not for everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Show me on the doll where Looney's hurt you.

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 66 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard