BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 72 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bluestar 2023 not interesting at all. Have 2 maybe( stress maybe) 3 decent players (one an ex-tristate for sure) played them over summer-not a real challenge

The team added several new players since the summer, so last summer is not really relevant to the discussion, but no way to know what type of impact there will be until they play a few games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluestar 2023 not interesting at all. Have 2 maybe( stress maybe) 3 decent players (one an ex-tristate for sure) played them over summer-not a real challenge

My son does not play for Blue Star, but I have heard good things about the program. I can tell you right now that there are more than 3 decent players. Kids move around for good and bad reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team added several new players since the summer, so last summer is not really relevant to the discussion, but no way to know what type of impact there will be until they play a few games.

We'll see this summer! I'm still not worried

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll see this summer! I'm still not worried

Not sure why you would be worried either way. The discussion was simply about the team improving, nobody said anything about beating your son's team, whatever that team may be, or any other team. Either way, I'm glad that you won't lose any sleep over it, it would be pathetic if you did.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What about BBL or NJ Riot - where are they ranked for the class of 2023?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NJ_Laxer
What about BBL or NJ Riot - where are they ranked for the class of 2023?

Putting aside the reclass argument, Leading Edge may be the strongest NJ 2023 team, and that is just based on last seasons results, plus the new additions. BBL is also really strong, they had some quality wins at Naptown, but had a rough tournament at Milion event, on a good day, they probably match up well with LE. Not really sure about Riot, not that they aren't a strong team, just don't know how they did this past summer. Since there was a lot of player movement after the season, hard to tell what is going to happen until the teams play a few games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with TriState? Blue Start picked up a number of their players. It only took MV 3 years!

TriState was bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with TriState? Blue Start picked up a number of their players. It only took MV 3 years!

TriState was bad

Unfortunate considering how good the shore 2023 team was a few years back, definitely a lost opportunity with that group, and now Leading Edge and Blue Star benefit. While there is always a bit of re-shuffling before high school, the tri state situation was pretty substantial this year

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

TriState was bad

Unfortunate considering how good the shore 2023 team was a few years back, definitely a lost opportunity with that group, and now Leading Edge and Blue Star benefit. While there is always a bit of re-shuffling before high school, the tri state situation was pretty substantial this year

Wasn't Tri-Stste bought out by Mad Dog Lacrosse? I heard there were some internal issues with the owners which led them to sell it to Mad Dog - can anyone verify that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TriState was bad

Wasn't Tri-Stste bought out by Mad Dog Lacrosse? I heard there were some internal issues with the owners which led them to sell it to Mad Dog - can anyone verify that?

Would be a smart move for both clubs, but I don't think that there is any truth to that rumor.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TriState was bad

Would be a smart move for both clubs, but I don't think that there is any truth to that rumor.

Mad Dog NJ only has National Teams at the High School level. Unless Tri-State needs the cash no reason to talk to Mad Dog. They get most of their top High School players as is.

Heard Mad Dog numbers are so low they have 2027s playing on their 2025 B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TriState was bad

Mad Dog NJ only has National Teams at the High School level. Unless Tri-State needs the cash no reason to talk to Mad Dog. They get most of their top High School players as is.

Heard Mad Dog numbers are so low they have 2027s playing on their 2025 B team.

I think that both programs have their issues, but with the national team and the west coast program it seems as though Mad Dog has a better organization, they just need to jump start the NJ program and Tri State would be a good match to fill that need. Not suggesting that it is a possibility, just that it would make sense. While Tri State has some very good high school players, I am not sure that they are still the draw that they used to be for high school, LE, BBL and Blue Star seem to be more attractive right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that both programs have their issues, but with the national team and the west coast program it seems as though Mad Dog has a better organization, they just need to jump start the NJ program and Tri State would be a good match to fill that need. Not suggesting that it is a possibility, just that it would make sense. While Tri State has some very good high school players, I am not sure that they are still the draw that they used to be for high school, LE, BBL and Blue Star seem to be more attractive right now.

Whatever it may be, we need NJ lacrosse to flourish and constantly improve and be among the top in the nation. I see Tribal 2025 ranked high (#7) in usclub. Congrats to them. I hope they will go and qualify for the WSYL and represent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever it may be, we need NJ lacrosse to flourish and constantly improve and be among the top in the nation. I see Tribal 2025 ranked high (#7) in usclub. Congrats to them. I hope they will go and qualify for the WSYL and represent.

NJ does flourish at the high school level, LE, BBL, Blue Star, and Tri-State are constantly sending player to D1 programs.
WSYL shouldn't be a measure of success. NJ has too many programs with not enough good coaches and players at the youth level. Hard to compete with LI at 12 years old they build their teams to win now. The current 2025 Jersey teams will be lucky to win 2 games in Denver unless Tribal & Mad Dog become the Tribal Dogs and send one team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NJ does flourish at the high school level, LE, BBL, Blue Star, and Tri-State are constantly sending player to D1 programs.
WSYL shouldn't be a measure of success. NJ has too many programs with not enough good coaches and players at the youth level. Hard to compete with LI at 12 years old they build their teams to win now. The current 2025 Jersey teams will be lucky to win 2 games in Denver unless Tribal & Mad Dog become the Tribal Dogs and send one team.

Good points. NJ should also organize and help each other elevate our youth program. Perhaps, create a league similar to HoCo in DMV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good points. NJ should also organize and help each other elevate our youth program. Perhaps, create a league similar to HoCo in DMV.

Don't waste your money on the WSYL. The only good thing about the tournament is that it is age based. Everyone knows that Long Island Express is going to take the cake this year. Save the money and put it in your kid's college fund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't waste your money on the WSYL. The only good thing about the tournament is that it is age based. Everyone knows that Long Island Express is going to take the cake this year. Save the money and put it in your kid's college fund.

To each his own. We don't tell you how to spend your money. With your logic, why would LIE bother going to WSYL if it the outcome is a certainty, what then, for a trophy? that makes them just as foolish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each his own. We don't tell you how to spend your money. With your logic, why would LIE bother going to WSYL if it the outcome is a certainty, what then, for a trophy? that makes them just as foolish.

Exactly, this whole WSYL debate is a never ending exercise in boredom... make you own decisions, don't worry about what everybody else is doing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today the semi final game that BBL wanted at the WSYL happened. BBL 2024 Black played TAZ and lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today the semi final game that BBL wanted at the WSYL happened. BBL 2024 Black played TAZ and lost.

Now beat 91 and don't come back here until you do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm impressed. No excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will get the "it's fall ball, we are missing players" excuse eventually

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. This is not LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you looking for a pat in the back or something? WSYL is in the past. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you looking for a pat in the back or something? WSYL is in the past. Move on.

Congrats to the new Igloo players on Taz for a job well done. You make all the difference. Don't let Taz' antics (as evident in their posts here) change you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats to the new Igloo players on Taz for a job well done. You make all the difference. Don't let Taz' antics (as evident in their posts here) change you.
Don't Fall for the antics.. Always someone stirring the pot on here. Was a great game. Looking forward to the Competition in the Future. TAZ DAD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to Blue Star putting together a WSYL team looking to pull in kids from PA & NJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to Blue Star putting together a WSYL team looking to pull in kids from PA & NJ?

Yes, they have already advertised it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question here...can anybody tell me why people get so excited for WSYL?

Am I wrong to say its just another tournament, albeit you have to qualify for it and travel very very far for it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I wrong to say its just another tournament, albeit you have to qualify for it and travel very very far for it?

Basically, but it is a nice change from the typical regional tournaments, and it is a fun experience (but not a cheap one). If you can turn it into a family summer vacation after the tournament, it is a great jumping off point for some excellent vacation spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think people see it on TV and think it's a big deal. It can be fun, I'm sure, but not worth the money and I'd rather have my 4th of July week off. It's not really a competitive tournament. Top 3-4 teams are strong, the rest not so much. To each their own however.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think people see it on TV and think it's a big deal. It can be fun, I'm sure, but not worth the money and I'd rather have my 4th of July week off. It's not really a competitive tournament. Top 3-4 teams are strong, the rest not so much. To each their own however.

Our team went this summer. You're thinking is spot on. It just happened that it was a fun experience for the boys and families. We can only speak for ourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree went also, was a great experience. My son loved made it a vacation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whee does Patriot fall in the mix for these clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are up there - definitely in the Top 5 IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge and BBL are in the top tier.

Patriot can have some good teams but they are not as consistent as the two above. I'd put them in the second band along with Riot, TriState, SouthShore, BlueStar, etc. These clubs are still strong and some grad years are at the top, just not always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Patriot can have some good teams but they are not as consistent as the two above. I'd put them in the second band along with Riot, TriState, SouthShore, BlueStar, etc. These clubs are still strong and some grad years are at the top, just not always.

I disagree about Leading Edge with respect to consistency They have terrific high school teams, thanks to reclasses, however, their youth teams have never been competitive. They do not develop talent, they acquire it from the other NJ programs in 9th grade. I am not a BBL parent, but in NJ, they probably have the strongest program top to bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree about Leading Edge with respect to consistency They have terrific high school teams, thanks to reclasses, however, their youth teams have never been competitive. They do not develop talent, they acquire it from the other NJ programs in 9th grade. I am not a BBL parent, but in NJ, they probably have the strongest program top to bottom.

BBL is heavily packed with hold-backs and re-classed kids as well on both the boys and girls teams. This is no secret.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL is heavily packed with hold-backs and re-classed kids as well on both the boys and girls teams. This is no secret.

I have no direct knowledge of that (but I don't doubt it), but if you are talking about top to bottom consistency, they are probably the better club. LE merely assembles a team in high school, BBL seems to have a greater number of kids that come up through their program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no peer to bbl

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 72 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 71 72
Quick Reply