BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She appealed to the NCAA and it was granted . Would be interesting to know why she left .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
She appealed to the NCAA and it was granted . Would be interesting to know why she left .

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start
2-Doesn't like the campus
3-Doesn't get along with coach/teammates

That's about the extent of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
“Ok, basic math lesson, if all the top teams bring in 8-12 kids and all of them are on the UA team of generally 44 players and only 22 are the difference makers, how in the heck does that work? 2-3 top teams take every single one of the top 22 and none go elsewhere? At least present something that is intelligible.”

Not the guy who posted it but your reading comprehension is painful or just a desperate attempt to prove your little super stud will have the same accolades in college . I can guarantee you that your princess has had less accolades than mine but you people are ridiculous as I have seen many highly touted players never become that player they were expected to be . You are basing successful college careers on essentially these players senior years , I would argue 1 successful year of starting for their team does not equal a successful career for these top 50 players in the country coming out of high school . If you don’t think that the top teams have multiple UA AA riding the bench each season you are clueless .

She was just named to the US Training Roster of 27 players for the US Team. For their Fall competition. Yeah, has't done much.

The snake just can't get over it. Tough being you.

Last edited by baldbear; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did 6 of 8 seniors quit the team at Yale?

Does anyone know if this is accurate and true? If true, I would guess the reason is that they think the coach is a crackpot.

It happens at all the Ivy's, if you're not playing after two years it's time to move on, a lot of kids will opt for study abroad and many other options available to them rather than be a practice dummy, there's no scholarship money to lose, so its a choice that is easily made

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

1. she was by far the best offensive player and already started two years
2. see above
3. Maybe

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if this is accurate and true? If true, I would guess the reason is that they think the coach is a crackpot.

It happens at all the Ivy's, if you're not playing after two years it's time to move on, a lot of kids will opt for study abroad and many other options available to them rather than be a practice dummy, there's no scholarship money to lose, so its a choice that is easily made

Really? "It happens at all the Ivy's?" Last years Ivy rosters:

Dartmouth: 9 Seniors.
Cornell: 7 Seniors.
Princeton: 7 Seniors
Coumbia: 7 Seniors.
Brown: 5 Seniors.
Penn: 4 Seniors
Yale: 3 Seniors.

I would imagine most Ivy's do not bring in more than 8 - 9 players per year. Some will no doubt be forced out due to injury and some go in knowing they are never see the field. Although all of the players going Ivy have excellent grades and test scores 1 or 2 per class will have "supe high" academics these kids and are not brought in for their athletic prowess.

95% of the seniors quitting is not normal and it does not happen all of the time at the Ivy's. More fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She was just named to the US Training Roster of 27 players for the US Team. For their Fall competition. Yeah, has't done much.

I also think she's overrated. Lots of hustle, too many yellows. I'm not the guy under the rock, either, FYI, just another observer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Talk about not being informed. She was the leading scorer the last 2 years and would have broken the
career scoring record at Duke. I'm told girls at Duke and BC really like her. She wants to play at a more competitive program, where she can showcase her talents better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Talk about not being informed. She was the leading scorer the last 2 years and would have broken the
career scoring record at Duke. I'm told girls at Duke and BC really like her. She wants to play at a more competitive program, where she can showcase her talents better.

Talk about being blinded by stats , was not their best offensive player and was clearly out played by OJ in the big games. Yes she put up big numbers on the backs of lesser teams and celebrated each one like she just won a national championship. By the way she was claiming some form of trauma to the NCAA as in mental due to coaches, players or both so your claim of wanting to go to a more competitive team this year is ridiculous. Also what is with the Duke stat padding , look at their shots taken vs goals and tell me those shooting percentages are accurate .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also think she's overrated. Lots of hustle, too many yellows. I'm not the guy under the rock, either, FYI, just another observer.

So you and the other observer must know more than just about every college coach in the country including The Stony Brook Coach, The North Carolina Coach and obviously the USC Coach.

Do you hear yourself? She was named a Division I Second Team All-American (That means that the Division I Coaches consider her to be one of the Top 32 players in the country). She just earned one of 27 roster spots on the US Team for their training this fall.

But you two know better. Thats funny .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Talk about being blinded by stats , was not their best offensive player and was clearly out played by OJ in the big games. Yes she put up big numbers on the backs of lesser teams and celebrated each one like she just won a national championship. By the way she was claiming some form of trauma to the NCAA as in mental due to coaches, players or both so your claim of wanting to go to a more competitive team this year is ridiculous. Also what is with the Duke stat padding , look at their shots taken vs goals and tell me those shooting percentages are accurate .

Pretty fair point...she had 47pts against presb,ecu,vcu,w&m and campbell...1 goal against bc and unc and 1 asst against syracuse...Does she really want to play at a more competitive program? careful what you wish for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Pretty fair point...she had 47pts against presb,ecu,vcu,w&m and campbell...1 goal against bc and unc and 1 asst against syracuse...Does she really want to play at a more competitive program? careful what you wish for.

Well, appears you want to cherry pick stats that help make your point, I will fill in some of the blanks. She went 5&1 against Northwestern, 4&0 against Penn, 4&1 against Virginia, 4&0 against Notre Dame, 3&0 against Notre Dame and 2&1 against UNC. I watched two games last year and she was face guarded for some/all of the game. She put up these stats being face guarded during games. She had two great seasons at Duke while Duke did not make the playoffs in either one. I'll repeat that, Duke did not make the playoffs in either season. She left to try and make the playoffs and have at least a chance to win a championship. I wish her the best of luck. Go to Duke for the degree, not the lacrosse...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Not a fan of hers either because of the egregious stick flips and celebrations after goals but to her credit if you watch the games against those better teams she was always face guarded for the majority of the games. In fact she was face guarded the majority of her freshman year as well and still managed to put up numbers. Without a balanced attack teams were able to face guard her and take her out of the offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Well, appears you want to cherry pick stats that help make your point, I will fill in some of the blanks. She went 5&1 against Northwestern, 4&0 against Penn, 4&1 against Virginia, 4&0 against Notre Dame, 3&0 against Notre Dame and 2&1 against UNC. I watched two games last year and she was face guarded for some/all of the game. She put up these stats being face guarded during games. She had two great seasons at Duke while Duke did not make the playoffs in either one. I'll repeat that, Duke did not make the playoffs in either season. She left to try and make the playoffs and have at least a chance to win a championship. I wish her the best of luck. Go to Duke for the degree, not the lacrosse..."

Cherry pick stats is exactly what you have done. To say she was "by far" their best offensive player is just ignorant and if you watched Duke in the ACC tournament she was not the biggest threat on her team. If she has transferred to BC to win anything she has picked the wrong school as they will be around the 4-5 best team in the conference for the remainder of her career and if that was her thinking then throwing the program you came from under the bus for made up nonsense so you don't have to sit out a year would show a lack of character in my opinion. If there truly was some type of trauma besides losing going on at Duke then good luck to her but maybe they should be called out for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the “big 3” plus Miller was not able to win a natty championship what makes her think adding just her into the mix - when they and most of their starters have all graduated... will win one for BC?? Hubris...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine most Ivy's do not bring in more than 8 - 9 players per year. Some will no doubt be forced out due to injury and some go in knowing they are never see the field. Although all of the players going Ivy have excellent grades and test scores 1 or 2 per class will have "supe high" academics these kids and are not brought in for their athletic prowess.

95% of the seniors quitting is not normal and it does not happen all of the time at the Ivy's. More fake news.

It would appear that most have 10-12 freshman on the roster the past few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

Not going to start - really? She was by far their most talented player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it would not appear that most would have 10 - 12 Freshmen on the roster the past few years.

2019 Freshmen on Ivy Rosters:

9 - Princeton
11 - Penn
9 - Dartmouth
8 - Cornell
11 - Brown
7 - Columbia
7 - Harvard
11 - Yale

Below is Freshmen Class 2016 and Senior Class 2019:

Princeton: ...... 7 as freshmen - 7 as seniors
Penn: ............. 6 as freshmen - 4 as seniors
Dartmouth: .. 10 as freshmen - 8 as seniors
Cornell: .......... 8 as freshmen - 7 as seniors
Brown: ........... 8 as freshmen - 5 as seniors
Columbia: ...... 8 as freshmen - 7 as seniors
Harvard: ........ 8 as freshmen - 6 as seniors
Yale: .............. 6 as freshmen - 3 as seniors

Most players continue to play, they do not quit. Some stop playing due to injury and each year some stop for their own reasons but the majority continue to play. Also, keep in mind that in some situations players are brought in to help with the Academic Index . I would guess those players would be more likely to stop playing if they were not brought in for their lacrosse and or athletic ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it would not appear that most would have 10 - 12 Freshmen on the roster the past few years.

2019 Freshmen on Ivy Rosters:

9 - Princeton
11 - Penn
9 - Dartmouth
8 - Cornell
11 - Brown
7 - Columbia
7 - Harvard
11 - Yale

Below is Freshmen Class 2016 and Senior Class 2019:

Princeton: ...... 7 as freshmen - 7 as seniors
Penn: ............. 6 as freshmen - 4 as seniors
Dartmouth: .. 10 as freshmen - 8 as seniors
Cornell: .......... 8 as freshmen - 7 as seniors
Brown: ........... 8 as freshmen - 5 as seniors
Columbia: ...... 8 as freshmen - 7 as seniors
Harvard: ........ 8 as freshmen - 6 as seniors
Yale: .............. 6 as freshmen - 3 as seniors

Most players continue to play, they do not quit. Some stop playing due to injury and each year some stop for their own reasons but the majority continue to play. Also, keep in mind that in some situations players are brought in to help with the Academic Index . I would guess those players would be more likely to stop playing if they were not brought in for their lacrosse and or athletic ability.

Actually at Dartmouth 9 of the 10 players played all four years.

Most players do not quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone actually show where there are so many saying that most stop playing . You sound like a bunch of nut jobs arguing against people who don’t exist .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone actually show where there are so many saying that most stop playing . You sound like a bunch of nut jobs arguing against people who don’t exist .

Check the post above your post... Direct quote responding to 6 of 8 Yale seniors quitting...

- "It happens at all the Ivy's, if you're not playing after two years it's time to move on, a lot of kids will opt for study abroad and many other options available to them rather than be a practice dummy, there's no scholarship money to lose, so its a choice that is easily made".

Someone also stated....

- "It would appear that most have 10-12 freshman on the roster the past few years".

Both statements are not true. Why do some people like to post BS?

Also, The have been many, many posts over the years claiming that 50% of the players will quit. Bald Bear, a regular on this site has been saying it for years. Maybe if you look at all players in Division I, II and III maybe that is the case but I doubt it.

The problem is that some like to post nonsense and BS that simply is not true. Why would someone want to do that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These threads re-start every year. I have been reading for over 7 years now and two things have been stated on here over and over throughout the years: Girls quit in college and HS "stars" ride the bench more often than not in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These threads re-start every year. I have been reading for over 7 years now and two things have been stated on here over and over throughout the years: Girls quit in college and HS "stars" ride the bench more often than not in college.

Just two of the myths....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You myth busters are ridiculous. Again have not seen where someone says most players stop playing in college, the fact is every college and every sport have a certain number of players who leave the team for various reasons ."HS "stars" ride the bench more often than not" , not really sure anyone has said this and seems like you have created your own myth saying its been said numerous times. Again the fact is depends on your definition of riding the bench, superstar etc., many of the top players who go to the top programs do indeed spend more time on the sideline than in the game in their freshman years and some , not the majority , will never spend more time on the field than on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you HEAR yourselves??? It's about the education and the place your daughter feels MOST comfortable in. Most importantly your daughter's HAPPINESS!!! I don't care if it's the most prestigious school, or the best lacrosse program. At the end of the day it's not about the lacrosse. It's about her happiness, how she develops as a person, relationships etc. It's a game....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you HEAR yourselves??? It's about the education and the place your daughter feels MOST comfortable in. Most importantly your daughter's HAPPINESS!!! I don't care if it's the most prestigious school, or the best lacrosse program. At the end of the day it's not about the lacrosse. It's about her happiness, how she develops as a person, relationships etc. It's a game....

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Yes she chose the place she felt most comfortable. How is it wrong that it also happens to be a high level of lacrosse and a great academic school? She can be happy, develop as a person and relationships there as well. She somehow would have a better chance of doing that at a lower academic school with a lesser lacrosse program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an FYI, 95% of all botc posters never played a sport in college. 80% never played lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t care if my daughter is completely miserable. If Maryland comes a knockin, she is going there no matter what!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Yes she chose the place she felt most comfortable. How is it wrong that it also happens to be a high level of lacrosse and a great academic school? She can be happy, develop as a person and relationships there as well. She somehow would have a better chance of doing that at a lower academic school with a lesser lacrosse program?

Very well said.

Hear are "arguably" the Top 20 programs.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Florida
Virginia
Princeton
Penn
Boston College
Stony Brook
Penn State
Notre Dame
Loyola
Duke
Umass
Georgetown
USC
Stanford
Colorado
Denver

Throw in.... JMU, Navy, Colorado, Denver, Hopkins, Dartmouth and Umass.

Michigan had a great year maybe they will become a consistent Top 20 Program.

Vanderbilt is a great school with a solid program.

Richmond looks to be on the rise as well and is an excellent school

There are large Public Universities with excellent academics, Ivy League Schools, smaller schools with excellent academic, Top 10 - 15 Big Name Universities, New England Schools, Mid Western Schools, Mid-Atlantic schools, Southern Schools, Western / Mountain Schools, West Coast Schools, City schools, etc...

If none of those schools work go look at Towson, Hofstra, Monmouth, UConn, Bucknell, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Rutgers, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Boston University, Fairfield, Marist, Jacksonville, Elon, High Point, Oregon, Arizona State, San Diego State, Cal "Berkeley", Lehigh, LIU, Villanova etc...

Army West Point is on the rise and for the right person is an excellent opportunity.

Exceptional players can most likely find a great fit at a top 10 - 20 Program. Good players will most likely be able to find a fit at one of the other programs listed. So many solid programs and schools...., most players should be able to find a good fit.

Sorry if I left a school out... Just rattling off. There are so many opportunities for so many young women.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just an FYI, 95% of all botc posters never played a sport in college. 80% never played lacrosse.

Here we go again, An anonymous person just making statements. Nothing to back it up, no facts, no basis just throw it out there...

Just Like so many other myths.... more fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Very well said.

Hear are "arguably" the Top 20 programs.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Florida
Virginia
Princeton
Penn
Boston College
Stony Brook
Penn State
Notre Dame
Loyola
Duke
Umass
Georgetown
USC
Stanford
Colorado
Denver

Throw in.... JMU, Navy, Colorado, Denver, Hopkins, Dartmouth and Umass.

Michigan had a great year maybe they will become a consistent Top 20 Program.

Vanderbilt is a great school with a solid program.

Richmond looks to be on the rise as well and is an excellent school

There are large Public Universities with excellent academics, Ivy League Schools, smaller schools with excellent academic, Top 10 - 15 Big Name Universities, New England Schools, Mid Western Schools, Mid-Atlantic schools, Southern Schools, Western / Mountain Schools, West Coast Schools, City schools, etc...

If none of those schools work go look at Towson, Hofstra, Monmouth, UConn, Bucknell, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Brown, Cornell, Rutgers, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Boston University, Fairfield, Marist, Jacksonville, Elon, High Point, Oregon, Arizona State, San Diego State, Cal "Berkeley", Lehigh, LIU, Villanova etc...

Army West Point is on the rise and for the right person is an excellent opportunity.

Exceptional players can most likely find a great fit at a top 10 - 20 Program. Good players will most likely be able to find a fit at one of the other programs listed. So many solid programs and schools...., most players should be able to find a good fit.

Sorry if I left a school out... Just rattling off. There are so many opportunities for so many young women.

By the way, there are also many, many great opportunities at Division II and Division III schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again, An anonymous person just making statements. Nothing to back it up, no facts, no basis just throw it out there...

You can tell they never played a sport in college by their clueless posts on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can tell they never played a sport in college by their clueless posts on here.

let's hear the roll call of NCAA programs played for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with that. Don't know about your percentages.... It doesn't matter, let the know nothings continue with their nonsense and be thankful that our daughters have an opportunity to play this sport in a "Hot Bed" area. More opportunity in this sport than any other sport. If your daughter is a good athlete just look look at the perennial Top 10 - 20 programs / schools that offer opportunities to the top players. It really is crazy. Average athletes can also go to great schools with the help of this sport. Take a look at soccer, basketball, track, softball etc... How many girls from Long Island go to top schools or programs each year? Long Island Girls lacrosse players go to all of the top college programs and many of the top programs are also top universities. Be thankful.

Let the stunands continue to spew their nonsense... Call them out on it and then laugh when your daughter kicks their butt on the field as well as in the classroom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with that. Don't know about your percentages.... It doesn't matter, let the know nothings continue with their nonsense and be thankful that our daughters have an opportunity to play this sport in a "Hot Bed" area. More opportunity in this sport than any other sport. If your daughter is a good athlete just look look at the perennial Top 10 - 20 programs / schools that offer opportunities to the top players. It really is crazy. Average athletes can also go to great schools with the help of this sport. Take a look at soccer, basketball, track, softball etc... How many girls from Long Island go to top schools or programs each year? Long Island Girls lacrosse players go to all of the top college programs and many of the top programs are also top universities. Be thankful.

Let the stunands continue to spew their nonsense... Call them out on it and then laugh when your daughter kicks their butt on the field as well as in the classroom.

Pretty long winded answer to “you never played the sport or any other sport in college”.......sport

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Personal attacks on student athletes will not be tolerated. Simply not stating a name but giving all sorts of clues as to who the person is will not be tolerated as well.

I apologize in advance if a thread loses its context if I remove an inappropriate comment, especially if its buried in a thread with multiple responses. I’ll be more diligent to nip the bad comment in the bud so the likelihood of this happening will be minimized.

There are few, actually rare, commenters that are obsessed about certain players. I don’t mind spirited responses to comments; sometimes it’s entertaining. It is not entertaining to berate an student athlete who’s participation in this sport makes this website possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty long winded answer to “you never played the sport or any other sport in college”.......sport

Guess you are one of the "never played".... types. Be thankful that this sport exists, it offers opportunities to our daughters that they would not have if they focused on a different sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@baldbear, i appreciate your attempts to keep things from getting out of control regarding attacks on student athletes, but a few days ago some one posted on seven (7) different threads that the director of the Yellow Jackets Lacrosse club looks transgender, I have no problem criticizing her actions and business practices as there is plenty to criticize, but the person is a teacher, coach, wife and mother.. what was said ( and not removed by the moderators) was just plain wrong and unnecessarily hurtful..
Im not CR, but I do have a kid who plays for her program, and honestly she aint a bad person when you speak with her..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@baldbear, i appreciate your attempts to keep things from getting out of control regarding attacks on student athletes, but a few days ago some one posted on seven (7) different threads that the director of the Yellow Jackets Lacrosse club looks transgender, I have no problem criticizing her actions and business practices as there is plenty to criticize, but the person is a teacher, coach, wife and mother.. what was said ( and not removed by the moderators) was just plain wrong and unnecessarily hurtful..
Im not CR, but I do have a kid who plays for her program, and honestly she aint a bad person when you speak with her..

Agree.

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard