BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In another fortunate turn of events for you, I learned that the college recruiting rules are now changing. They are still keeping the no contract prior to September JR year rule for HS athletes so that they can end the practice of recruiting 8th graders as they have in the past. However, based on a recently discovered loophole in the policy, it does not say anything about offering 7th graders a spot. Your son should be getting that verbal offer from JHU any day now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is the only on age player on 2024 Madlax and he gets no playing time at all. The coach told me I should reclassify my son so he can play on the 2025 Madlax team. He promised me that he would start every game and never come off the field. He also promised me a full ride at a top D1 school. Sounds like a really great deal. Should I do it?

I'm sooooo excited! I took the coaches advice and we're headed to 2025 and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Coach just called to congratulate us on our decision. As luck would have it, he now says that he has this really great deal on some swamp land in Florida that he can sell me real cheap! I'm all over it. Love this Madlax team! They really take care of their own!!

That's nothing! My kid reclassed to 2024, and they gave me a phenomenal deal on the BROOKLYN BRIDGE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is the only on age player on 2024 Madlax and he gets no playing time at all. The coach told me I should reclassify my son so he can play on the 2025 Madlax team. He promised me that he would start every game and never come off the field. He also promised me a full ride at a top D1 school. Sounds like a really great deal. Should I do it?

I'm sooooo excited! I took the coaches advice and we're headed to 2025 and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Coach just called to congratulate us on our decision. As luck would have it, he now says that he has this really great deal on some swamp land in Florida that he can sell me real cheap! I'm all over it. Love this Madlax team! They really take care of their own!!

That's nothing! My kid reclassed to 2024, and they gave me a phenomenal deal on the BROOKLYN BRIDGE!

Wait a minute! They sold me the Brooklyn bridge when I reclassified my kid! Are there two bridges in Brooklyn??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s true. An email went out to 91 Maryland parents today saying notification was sent to all 91 teams, nationally. The limit is actually 5 holdbacks, after final negotiation. Apparently one of the teams (Madlax?) was fighting it variously. They don’t specify what happens to the holdbacks that don’t make the cut. I imagine they will stay with their clubs, but have to play on age. It only says, “more to info to follow from your individual coaching staffs.”

I got it too. Looks like a done deal. Going to be very interesting year.

Great news!!! Johnny will only play against 5 HBs (5 = half a team) in the NLF tournament next summer. So if you are limiting the # of HBs you know the 5 they bring are going to be big and strong.

But starting in the Fall (2 months later) he will be playing against 10 and 11th graders in school fall ball. Just give up the game now, go an play ping pong or some other non-contact sport. If you and you kid are still scared at this point its time to give it up.

I got the email too! This is a good start and a good gesture. You're probably right that the remaining holdbacks will be the biggest/baddest.. but still, this may be the beginning of a larger change in clubs' attitudes towards age based.

This would be funny if true. Question, who enforces this rule?
1. The rent a ref who is working his fifth game in 100 degree weather
2. The kid on the golf cart who is flying right past an injured kid on another field?
3. Greasy Looney's mom who can demand a birth certificate from the other teams parents after her 8th cup of red solo?

I am sure the coach giving jersey's out in the parking lot to the 15 year old guest player will be sure to verify the age. As long as five players are allowed to be older why not bring in college "guest players." I am sure Madlax guy was holding crossed fingers behind his back when he agreed to this. OK 91 we will only have five...Right....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.
the NLF is a joke anyway. They don’t even host all of the top ranked teams. Yet the lax Mafia gets in . Joke of a league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the NLF is a joke anyway. They don’t even host all of the top ranked teams. Yet the lax Mafia gets in . Joke of a league

Say a lot of things, but joke of a league isnt one of them. Sorry your son cant make a NLF team. He might just not be cut out for D1 play. NLF tournaments are loaded with D1 coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say a lot of things, but joke of a league isnt one of them. Sorry your son cant make a NLF team. He might just not be cut out for D1 play. NLF tournaments are loaded with D1 coaches.

host all the top teams in it and it would be legit. That’s a fact and you know it . Nothing to do with D1. If they did do that WSYL would not even exist. Which it’s already on its way out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

host all the top teams in it and it would be legit. That’s a fact and you know it . Nothing to do with D1. If they did do that WSYL would not even exist. Which it’s already on its way out

It always boils down to $. NLF's club members want exclusivity (via veto power for letting in new clubs) for marketing/competitive purposes. I agree that they should allow top teams (not necessarily the entire club) to participate in their tournaments via invitation or qualifiers. But hey, lax is not a democracy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that if you take the on age ML players and enter them in tournaments, they would do fine. There are plenty of those kids on their sidelines that are very good but never see the field. But ML wants "guaranteed" dominance at all cost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is definitely true but the cut off date is not 9/1/05. It’s 1/1/06.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe that if you take the on age ML players and enter them in tournaments, they would do fine. There are plenty of those kids on their sidelines that are very good but never see the field. But ML wants "guaranteed" dominance at all cost.

“Guaranteed dominance”? ML holdback team beats Lowly Hawks by 2 goals. And beats a subpar LI Express team by same margin. That doesn’t meet my definition of “dominance”. And that’s their holdback team. And you’re telling me their kids that never see the field would do “fine”? Sorry parent of an on age ML player, but they would be crushed by any top 10 team. They may have a few “good” players, but that team would play in B tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want to hear something really funny your age sons are really aging out of the we have to win this tournament age anyway. They are hitting the did I play well for the college coach age. The winning record means nothing as long as your son is playing on the fields to be seen. That is the most important part. NO coach and I mean No college coach will ask your son what his travel record was / is . Just relax on the winning these things and start looking and preparing for your son to show the best he can when you show up at these travel tournaments. If your son is the 5th attack on a great team find a new team now when there is time to be in top 3 at the new club. If your son is the second goalie you should of been left this travel team. If you son plays middie you can get away with hanging on for another year or two the club will have turnover for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Guaranteed dominance”? ML holdback team beats Lowly Hawks by 2 goals. And beats a subpar LI Express team by same margin. That doesn’t meet my definition of “dominance”. And that’s their holdback team. And you’re telling me their kids that never see the field would do “fine”? Sorry parent of an on age ML player, but they would be crushed by any top 10 team. They may have a few “good” players, but that team would play in B tourneys.

Who knows really.. we will never know because I doubt it will ever happen. Ok maybe "dominant" is the wrong term, but until a team, any team, beats ML one time, then you can use any word to describe it. Bec right now, they are "undefeated".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is the case, then NLF just dug its own grave. That makes no sense. Any club outside of LI where the school cutoff is 1/1/06 will stop going. A 1/1/06 cut off eliminates a 1/3 (4 months from Sept 1 to Dec 31) of any 2024 team outside of LI. And don't forget LI is in the minority here. For the most part, the rest of the country uses 9/1/05. That is why USL adopted 9/1/05. Why would any non-LI club team want to use an age cutoff for a grade base tournament that doesn't line up with their grade start date??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would leave only the goalie. All 9 of the starting field players have birthdays before 1/1/06. The owner would have to pick his two kids and only get three more kids. Madlax will stop going to NLF and so will the college scouts for that matter. No point in going to UMass. Might as well move the tournament to Farmingdale. It will save the LI teams the drive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news....my son is a starter (has been for years) and was born before after 1/1/06.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes perfect sense to me. 91 is the driving force behind the NLF and 91 is based in Long Island, where apparently they don’t have a surplus of holdbacks. Trying to level off the playing field. I get it. Maybe the 1/1 cut off seems early to some, but compared to the unbridled abuse of the use of holdbacks in some areas to include our area, it pales in comparison. Time to swing the pendulum the other way for awhile. Seems only fair to me. Yes, I am the parent of an on age player who is one of the victims of the holdback abuse. Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened. Long time coming!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who knows really.. we will never know because I doubt it will ever happen. Ok maybe "dominant" is the wrong term, but until a team, any team, beats ML one time, then you can use any word to describe it. Bec right now, they are "undefeated".

Undefeated or not, it really doesn't matter. If a team is beating mediocre teams by two goals, which equates to a call or two, or a ground ball or two, the team isn't all that good. Not a fan of teams from LI, but I can think of a team or two from there that could likely beat them, had they played last year, and we all know that LI teams are over a year younger than ML. So, yeah, I'm not impressed. Your logic of the post was based on ML's team being "dominant" and based on that, their back-ups must be the next best thing to "dominant". The logic doesn't hold any water. Their High School age starters are serviceable against teams that are over a year younger. You may be in awe, because they beat your kids team, but last time I checked, 2023 teams are suppose to beat 2024 teams. Back to the point. If they can barely win games against "OK" teams with their holdbacks, then their far younger and smaller back-ups are pretty far down the totem-pole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is the case, then NLF just dug its own grave. That makes no sense. Any club outside of LI where the school cutoff is 1/1/06 will stop going. A 1/1/06 cut off eliminates a 1/3 (4 months from Sept 1 to Dec 31) of any 2024 team outside of LI. And don't forget LI is in the minority here. For the most part, the rest of the country uses 9/1/05. That is why USL adopted 9/1/05. Why would any non-LI club team want to use an age cutoff for a grade base tournament that doesn't line up with their grade start date??

You better re-check your cut-off dates, because I just did, and it is not as cut and dried as you would like to portray it. You're obviously a parent of one of the ML re-classed players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes perfect sense to me. 91 is the driving force behind the NLF and 91 is based in Long Island, where apparently they don’t have a surplus of holdbacks. Trying to level off the playing field. I get it. Maybe the 1/1 cut off seems early to some, but compared to the unbridled abuse of the use of holdbacks in some areas to include our area, it pales in comparison. Time to swing the pendulum the other way for awhile. Seems only fair to me. Yes, I am the parent of an on age player who is one of the victims of the holdback abuse. Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened. Long time coming!

f that’s true WP will lose their top 3 players in NLF tourneys . So ML would still beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is FAKE NEWS ! How this rumor about 5 or less holdbacks come about is ridiculous. It wont happen ! Everyone relax and take a deep breath. Holdbacks are here to stay.

Who would even enforce such a silly rule or go about checking ?? Come on people. This is rumor on top of rumor.

And my info comes from the top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would leave only the goalie. All 9 of the starting field players have birthdays before 1/1/06. The owner would have to pick his two kids and only get three more kids. Madlax will stop going to NLF and so will the college scouts for that matter. No point in going to UMass. Might as well move the tournament to Farmingdale. It will save the LI teams the drive.

All 9 Madlax starters were born in 2005? Wow. My kid plays for 91 Maryland and I thought our team had a lot, but not compared to Madlax. Do any ‘06 boys, besides the goalie, get any playing time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 9 Madlax starters were born in 2005? Wow. My kid plays for 91 Maryland and I thought our team had a lot, but not compared to Madlax. Do any ‘06 boys, besides the goalie, get any playing time?

Only 1 mid on second line. But he doesn't get a fraction of what he should. That's the problem when you have a roster of 30 and over half the team was born before 9/1/2005. The poor kid could be running the show for another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn’t Madlax go to NLF tourneys? They would just play in the 2023 bracket. That’s where they are suppose to be anyway. What’s the big deal, especially since everyone says “winning” no longer matters?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Fake news....my son is a starter (has been for years) and was born before after 1/1/06.

Before or after? Or maybe right on 1/1/06?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry I know from a friend of my kids classmate's cousin that there is another good DMV area 2023 goalie who is going to reclass. Problem solved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is FAKE NEWS ! How this rumor about 5 or less holdbacks come about is ridiculous. It wont happen ! Everyone relax and take a deep breath. Holdbacks are here to stay.

Who would even enforce such a silly rule or go about checking ?? Come on people. This is rumor on top of rumor.

I can assure you that your info comes only from you, the parent of a 2005 baby, and you are not the “top”. The e-mail that was sent out to 91 Maryland was sent from Brian Spallina, who was the original “91” and principal owner of Team 91. I think he trumps you (no pun intended).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds to me like the parent of a reclass is getting very, very nervous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds to me like the parent of a reclass is getting very, very nervous.

Imagine a world where lax is age based.. like hockey, soccer.. you know, smart youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the rumor is true, why doesn't someone copy and paste the email from Brian Spallina so that everyone can see it. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the rumor is true, why doesn't someone copy and paste the email from Brian Spallina so that everyone can see it. Thanks.

Just tried. It won’t copy/paste from my computer. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Silly rule”? Silly, because your son can’t enjoy the advantage of playing far younger boys, instead of boys his own age? Silly because the very strong possibility of having a catastrophic injury, or worse, happen to a young boy, at the hands of a young “man”, is now eliminated? Silly because the kids that are suppose to be “playing” and developing are actually doing just that instead of sitting on the bench because a player a year older is stealing his playing time? Silly? This is not “silly”. This is the way it’s suppose to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Silly rule”? Silly, because your son can’t enjoy the advantage of playing far younger boys, instead of boys his own age? Silly because the very strong possibility of having a catastrophic injury, or worse, happen to a young boy, at the hands of a young “man”, is now eliminated? Silly because the kids that are suppose to be “playing” and developing are actually doing just that instead of sitting on the bench because a player a year older is stealing his playing time? Silly? This is not “silly”. This is the way it’s suppose to be.

I don't see what the issue is. If your son is really good, him playing on age will not all of the sudden make him inferior. Talent and hard work comes through no matter the circumstance. What's so hard to understand about this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just tried. It won’t copy/paste from my computer. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

No..its FAKE NEWS ! Cant copy and paste , Talk about lame. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. I see this is eating you up. Believe whatever you want. No-one here will cow tow to your proof demands. We'd rather leave you wondering, until reality smacks you in the face.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback parent sweating it out. Get ready to have your 15 year old play other 15 year olds. It’s ok. The world won’t come to an end. But his lacrosse career could.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. I see this is eating you up. Believe whatever you want. No-one here will cow tow to your proof demands. We'd rather leave you wondering, until reality smacks you in the face.

Cow tow ?? Hardly. All these supposed emails , but somehow no one can cut and paste, LOL.. Fake News is getting age based parents salivating. Sorry Folks, Johnny better hit the wall, ,Just isnt so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holdback parent sweating it out. Get ready to have your 15 year old play other 15 year olds. It’s ok. The world won’t come to an end. But his lacrosse career could.

Imagine that. 15 year olds vs 15 year olds. What a novel concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cow tow ?? Hardly. All these supposed emails , but somehow no one can cut and paste, LOL.. Fake News is getting age based parents salivating. Sorry Folks, Johnny better hit the wall, ,Just isnt so

Again. Noone here will humor you. You can also tell your man-son that he doesn't have to be ashamed and embarrassed (or shave). Everyone knows he's playing down.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard