Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous

If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

It is definitely true but the cut off date is not 9/1/05. It’s 1/1/06.

Makes perfect sense to me. 91 is the driving force behind the NLF and 91 is based in Long Island, where apparently they don’t have a surplus of holdbacks. Trying to level off the playing field. I get it. Maybe the 1/1 cut off seems early to some, but compared to the unbridled abuse of the use of holdbacks in some areas to include our area, it pales in comparison. Time to swing the pendulum the other way for awhile. Seems only fair to me. Yes, I am the parent of an on age player who is one of the victims of the holdback abuse. Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened. Long time coming!

If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

Makes perfect sense to me. 91 is the driving force behind the NLF and 91 is based in Long Island, where apparently they don’t have a surplus of holdbacks. Trying to level off the playing field. I get it. Maybe the 1/1 cut off seems early to some, but compared to the unbridled abuse of the use of holdbacks in some areas to include our area, it pales in comparison. Time to swing the pendulum the other way for awhile. Seems only fair to me. Yes, I am the parent of an on age player who is one of the victims of the holdback abuse. Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have ever happened. Long time coming!
f that’s true WP will lose their top 3 players in NLF tourneys . So ML would still beat them.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293985
10/10/19 09:54 PM
10/10/19 09:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is FAKE NEWS ! How this rumor about 5 or less holdbacks come about is ridiculous. It wont happen ! Everyone relax and take a deep breath. Holdbacks are here to stay.

Who would even enforce such a silly rule or go about checking ?? Come on people. This is rumor on top of rumor.

And my info comes from the top

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293986
10/10/19 10:26 PM
10/10/19 10:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would leave only the goalie. All 9 of the starting field players have birthdays before 1/1/06. The owner would have to pick his two kids and only get three more kids. Madlax will stop going to NLF and so will the college scouts for that matter. No point in going to UMass. Might as well move the tournament to Farmingdale. It will save the LI teams the drive.

All 9 Madlax starters were born in 2005? Wow. My kid plays for 91 Maryland and I thought our team had a lot, but not compared to Madlax. Do any ‘06 boys, besides the goalie, get any playing time?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293987
10/11/19 12:20 AM
10/11/19 12:20 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would leave only the goalie. All 9 of the starting field players have birthdays before 1/1/06. The owner would have to pick his two kids and only get three more kids. Madlax will stop going to NLF and so will the college scouts for that matter. No point in going to UMass. Might as well move the tournament to Farmingdale. It will save the LI teams the drive.

All 9 Madlax starters were born in 2005? Wow. My kid plays for 91 Maryland and I thought our team had a lot, but not compared to Madlax. Do any ‘06 boys, besides the goalie, get any playing time?

Only 1 mid on second line. But he doesn't get a fraction of what he should. That's the problem when you have a roster of 30 and over half the team was born before 9/1/2005. The poor kid could be running the show for another club.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293991
10/11/19 07:49 AM
10/11/19 07:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why wouldn’t Madlax go to NLF tourneys? They would just play in the 2023 bracket. That’s where they are suppose to be anyway. What’s the big deal, especially since everyone says “winning” no longer matters?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293996
10/11/19 09:29 AM
10/11/19 09:29 AM
C
cltlax Online content
Back of THE CAGE
cltlax  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

Fake news....my son is a starter (has been for years) and was born before after 1/1/06.

Before or after? Or maybe right on 1/1/06?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294005
10/11/19 12:03 PM
10/11/19 12:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry I know from a friend of my kids classmate's cousin that there is another good DMV area 2023 goalie who is going to reclass. Problem solved

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294015
10/11/19 01:16 PM
10/11/19 01:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is FAKE NEWS ! How this rumor about 5 or less holdbacks come about is ridiculous. It wont happen ! Everyone relax and take a deep breath. Holdbacks are here to stay.

Who would even enforce such a silly rule or go about checking ?? Come on people. This is rumor on top of rumor.

I can assure you that your info comes only from you, the parent of a 2005 baby, and you are not the “top”. The e-mail that was sent out to 91 Maryland was sent from Brian Spallina, who was the original “91” and principal owner of Team 91. I think he trumps you (no pun intended).

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294016
10/11/19 01:19 PM
10/11/19 01:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds to me like the parent of a reclass is getting very, very nervous.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294030
10/11/19 02:36 PM
10/11/19 02:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds to me like the parent of a reclass is getting very, very nervous.

Imagine a world where lax is age based.. like hockey, soccer.. you know, smart youth sports.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294048
10/11/19 06:28 PM
10/11/19 06:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the rumor is true, why doesn't someone copy and paste the email from Brian Spallina so that everyone can see it. Thanks.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294055
10/11/19 07:59 PM
10/11/19 07:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the rumor is true, why doesn't someone copy and paste the email from Brian Spallina so that everyone can see it. Thanks.

Just tried. It won’t copy/paste from my computer. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294068
10/11/19 11:21 PM
10/11/19 11:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Silly rule”? Silly, because your son can’t enjoy the advantage of playing far younger boys, instead of boys his own age? Silly because the very strong possibility of having a catastrophic injury, or worse, happen to a young boy, at the hands of a young “man”, is now eliminated? Silly because the kids that are suppose to be “playing” and developing are actually doing just that instead of sitting on the bench because a player a year older is stealing his playing time? Silly? This is not “silly”. This is the way it’s suppose to be.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294077
10/12/19 09:47 AM
10/12/19 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Silly rule”? Silly, because your son can’t enjoy the advantage of playing far younger boys, instead of boys his own age? Silly because the very strong possibility of having a catastrophic injury, or worse, happen to a young boy, at the hands of a young “man”, is now eliminated? Silly because the kids that are suppose to be “playing” and developing are actually doing just that instead of sitting on the bench because a player a year older is stealing his playing time? Silly? This is not “silly”. This is the way it’s suppose to be.

I don't see what the issue is. If your son is really good, him playing on age will not all of the sudden make him inferior. Talent and hard work comes through no matter the circumstance. What's so hard to understand about this?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294090
10/12/19 02:07 PM
10/12/19 02:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just tried. It won’t copy/paste from my computer. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

No..its FAKE NEWS ! Cant copy and paste , Talk about lame. LOL

Reply Quote
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification