BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: 2013 Oyster Bay Lacrosse League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the coaches not committed ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im talking through the years. And the director does not have a good rep. thats a fact!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Im talking through the years. And the director does not have a good rep. thats a fact!!!!

The Jesters were a decent low priced organization with no fee for tryouts and very reasonable fees. Then 2 years ago they had their best ever team come in second at the nationals in Disney. Immediately after having that success the organization doubled all of the fees and thought of themselves as better than they are. The only problem is that they don't have good enough teams to think the way they do.

They have horrendous communication and take every penny they can get even if it means that there are 28 kids and 3 goalies on a fall league team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has this team done in other games? This revolt can't be all about one game??

I heard they played this team close a few weeks ago? Did they have different players or coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what your talking about . You should enjoy your son's 8th grade career. let us know when he is playing at Duke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has are the Rangers doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are running a business and you are a consumer. They only charge what you are willing to pay. You can send them a message if you don't like their product by going and spending you money somewhere else. that is the free enterprise systems folks. i sympathize as i have watched my kid who plays for a different club be on the losing end of some lopsided games too but give the kids credit. They tend to be more resilient than we realize sometimes and often more so than us. Summer tournaments don't kick in for real for another 6 weeks or more. Who knows this game may be the starting point for turning it around as i'm sure the kids, coaches and parents never want to go through something like that again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has this team done in other games? This revolt can't be all about one game??

I heard they played this team close a few weeks ago? Did they have different players or coaches?

We have played the Gladiators three times since the fall. We won by a goal in the fall, lost by 3 or 4 goals when we played them a month ago and got destroyed yesterday by 15 goals. Same players, same coaches. As for the other games we have played, it has been a mixed bag, some good, some bad like every team. I think the concern is that the team is not showing any signs of improvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what your talking about . You should enjoy your son's 8th grade career. let us know when he is playing at Duke

8th grade career? And its us who have no idea what were talking about? The point is if you are a travel team at the 8th grade level and you lose by 15 goals to a team youve been competitive with all along, it extremely worrisome to say the least. Tournament season is around the corner in case you havent noticed...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently being the son of a Jesters 2017 parent is far worse than being a Jesters 2017 player.

Can you imagine what the one or two kids of the one or two lunatics posting here had to endure on the ride home? Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!!!! 100 percent correct!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of their teams have dropped off. Including 2019 who used to be real good. I remember my son playing them a couple of years ago and they were a top A club. Now I saw them and it looks like a whole new team. So u tell me if their are problems over there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what are you making this general observation about a whole program on?? My son has been on 7th grade team for two years and couldn't be happier with team or organization. They continue to improve and play competitively with all top teams. Seems to be lot of experts out here!

If parents have issues with coaches or program they should speak to coach or director and not write about it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry about offending the program as a whole. I have been around for awhile in this circuit and u see some clubs getting worse and others flourishing. It is a reputation thing. And jesters lately has not. I hear parents not happy the past couple of years. I hope u have a great experience. Sorry more importantly your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is always unfortunate, when a player/family experience is not what one wants. However, I felt it was important to agree with this post.

There are many reasons for bad experience, but I am not interested in getting in to a debate with anyone about their personal/family experiences as it pertains to a program.

I am only able to relate my own experience with the Jesters. My son is happy to be a Jester and play on the 2018 team. Our family experience with the program has been terrific. We are pleased with the commitment and dedication of the coaching staff and the leaders of the program. The Directors, as well as the Coaches, were personally involved in the voluntary winter workouts and worked to develop the kids. I have found the Coaches and the Directors to be approachable and supportive. My experiences do not match the attacks directed at them in this discussion thread.

Please keep in mind that the players we are talking about are young boys. They have good days and bad days. It's easy to forget that if they are Travel players, then they are playing on multiple teams: school ball, town ball, travel ball, etc. They have there good days and they have days were they are tired and are off.

Finally, a loss is not what defines players, coaches, teams, programs. What defines them is how they use the loss a learning tool and grow for the better from it.

Parent of a 7th Grade Jesters Player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problems with who? 2019 has had the same coach and pretty much the same roster for years now.Not sure what team you saw? And they look pretty good so far this year, thanks to the strong coaching on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what are you making this general observation about a whole program on?? My son has been on 7th grade team for two years and couldn't be happier with team or organization. They continue to improve and play competitively with all top teams. Seems to be lot of experts out here!

If parents have issues with coaches or program they should speak to coach or director and not write about it!

Could not agree more. My son is new to Jesters this year,(not to travel lax) coaches and director have been great. Very dedicated to the boys. As a family over the years, our sons have played with some other Big, very well kown clubs, trust me the grass is not greener. Don't bash a whole organization and all it's teams, you have no idea what you're talking about. By the way, how many other teams do the Gladiators have? One, NONE? If a few key kids leave that team next year, ya know cause they're going to Cham or St A's....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters have a couple of good age groups with good coaching and great atmosphere. It's just that 2017 is not one of them. The director has decided over the last 2 years to get away from what built the program in exchange for a money grab!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters have a couple of good age groups with good coaching and great atmosphere. It's just that 2017 is not one of them. The director has decided over the last 2 years to get away from what built the program in exchange for a money grab!

if this is the way that many on 2017 felt why did you go back this year. By admission in your post this is not an overnight thing. There are many other clubs out there you could have gone to instead. My question is how do the kids on the team feel about this. Isn't that more important? other then a one sided Gladiators game which i'm sure was painful for them how has the rest of this year's experience been for them. ask your kid that then decoded to leave or stay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of their teams have dropped off. Including 2019 who used to be real good. I remember my son playing them a couple of years ago and they were a top A club. Now I saw them and it looks like a whole new team. So u tell me if their are problems over there?

2019, "a couple of years ago" are you for real? What was your son playing in vitro. Stop, you sound so silly... I think your son must have been cut by the jesters. Not because of his play, but because they had to get rid of a cancer like you....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money grab? My sons team has played in four tournaments, winter workouts and spring league all since September. All for 600 less that what we paid at another club last year where we had 10 practices and played in 4 tournaments.
It's a business, don't be confused. Just need to find best fit!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole thing is comical. Blame the coaches, director, but don't for a minute think the other team was just better. Even if it was for just a day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money grab? My sons team has played in four tournaments, winter workouts and spring league all since September. All for 600 less that what we paid at another club last year where we had 10 practices and played in 4 tournaments.
It's a business, don't be confused. Just need to find best fit!

The things you just mentioned are ala carte not included in the summer fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry guy son never played for jesters!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey 2017 jesters coaches and directors, keep the kid and get rid of this parent!

Maybe you just don't have the same level of talent as Turtles, Terps, 91 Orange or Gladiators. That doesn't make it bad unless you decide to make it bad for your kid, which if he read any of this you surely would be doing. I'm sure there are other 8th grade clubs you can play and destroy to make you feel better. Call the director and ask him to schedule it for you. and still even more teams that you may have the same level of talent as and it will be competitive games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they were. And still much cheaper. The effort and availability to play more has been there. This is about giving kid opportunity to play where they can get better!
There is always a team better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW - 4 whole pages devoted to the 2017 Jesters. I thought this was the OBLL thread. maybe this discussion should be moved to the jesters thread, though I must admit I have found the entire discussion quite entertaining.

My guess is this guys kid felt bad a good part of Sunday about this game and then went to school Monday and forgot all about it and is already looking forward to practice this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry guy son never played for jesters!!

Ok GUY. Love that term, what a tool. If your kid never played for Jesters, then SHUT your MOUTH.
Also, travel lax has never been about my team your team. It's about the kids playing at or above there level and getting better. Sometimes in travel you lose BADLY, so what? Go out next week and play harder. Enough already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole thing is comical. Blame the coaches, director, but don't for a minute think the other team was just better. Even if it was for just a day.

I dont think anyone posted that the Gladiators were not better. They were in fact much better and looked very good. Moving forward I think they will be one of the best teams in the age group this summer. Our Jesters team played them tough a few weeks ago and then on Sunday they completed dominated. Theyre gonna be a tough out for anyone including Terps Black, True Blue and 91 Orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love that term too. Just know people who have been involved with them and they didn't have good experiences. That's why I never had my kid play there. It is about the kids getting better and enjoying the experience. But if the club as a whole has taken a hit reputation wise and kids are not winning it does hurt their confidence. They are supposed to have A caliber teams at each age group and if parents see the losing they go nuts! So I know what I'm talking about tool. And a friend just informed me a coach picked up his whole team and left jesters for another club a couple of years ago. So what does that say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So ......you don't have a kid on a team now or ever and you have some opinion based on what some guy told you the other day about what happened a couple of years ago? Wow

The parents seemed crazy until now!

Some people like it there, some people dont. If you do, congrats! You found a good place for your son. If not, better luck next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he plays for one of the top clubs. And when we beat up teams the other parents complain why are they paying this money if we can't even compete in an A bracket. When they advertise they are an A team. That's a fact. Heard it with my own ears. And my father had heard it and says these parents are nuts! He can't believe what parents say. U pay this kind of money people want to win period. And if your a so called top club and u don't compete at the so called A bracket then don't advertise it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love that term too. Just know people who have been involved with them and they didn't have good experiences. That's why I never had my kid play there. It is about the kids getting better and enjoying the experience. But if the club as a whole has taken a hit reputation wise and kids are not winning it does hurt their confidence. They are supposed to have A caliber teams at each age group and if parents see the losing they go nuts! So I know what I'm talking about tool. And a friend just informed me a coach picked up his whole team and left jesters for another club a couple of years ago. So what does that say?

You obviously know nothing about the club history on LI. Your top club (im guessing Express) was started when a certain someone left team LI to start it. Jesters was started by someone who left express with his team. 91 2018 Orange was part of express when the coach left and became a director at 91. The Lizards were formed by a parent who left off express. fl$ was started by the guy who left the Lizards. So what does that all mean? Nothing. Now shut your mouth and get back in your trailer GUY...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG that is hysterical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right I need to go back to my trailer. Good one. I have been around the scene for awhile. I know all what u said. We were talking about a club who's rep has dropped off in recent years. So why go off like u did is bizarre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok enough everyone if you have a problem please give me a call
Thank god the kids do not read this crap
You know how to reach me
Rich

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters ? Are they still around ? Haven't seen them in a while. We miss beating up on hem. Can't wait to see hem soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked it better when everyone was complaining about the lack of a schedule for this league... Its Wednesday and no schedule and not one post, have we lost focus? Focus people!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When any club forgets about the people and kids that have supported them in exchange for getting every last dollar it's not good. That is exactly what has happened to the Jesters!

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard