Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by NJ_Laxer
What's going on with TriState? Blue Start picked up a number of their players. It only took MV 3 years!

TriState was bad

Unfortunate considering how good the shore 2023 team was a few years back, definitely a lost opportunity with that group, and now Leading Edge and Blue Star benefit. While there is always a bit of re-shuffling before high school, the tri state situation was pretty substantial this year

Wasn't Tri-Stste bought out by Mad Dog Lacrosse? I heard there were some internal issues with the owners which led them to sell it to Mad Dog - can anyone verify that?

Would be a smart move for both clubs, but I don't think that there is any truth to that rumor.

Mad Dog NJ only has National Teams at the High School level. Unless Tri-State needs the cash no reason to talk to Mad Dog. They get most of their top High School players as is.

Heard Mad Dog numbers are so low they have 2027s playing on their 2025 B team.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #293792
10/08/19 04:31 PM
10/08/19 04:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by NJ_Laxer
What's going on with TriState? Blue Start picked up a number of their players. It only took MV 3 years!

TriState was bad

Unfortunate considering how good the shore 2023 team was a few years back, definitely a lost opportunity with that group, and now Leading Edge and Blue Star benefit. While there is always a bit of re-shuffling before high school, the tri state situation was pretty substantial this year

Wasn't Tri-Stste bought out by Mad Dog Lacrosse? I heard there were some internal issues with the owners which led them to sell it to Mad Dog - can anyone verify that?

Would be a smart move for both clubs, but I don't think that there is any truth to that rumor.

Mad Dog NJ only has National Teams at the High School level. Unless Tri-State needs the cash no reason to talk to Mad Dog. They get most of their top High School players as is.

Heard Mad Dog numbers are so low they have 2027s playing on their 2025 B team.

I think that both programs have their issues, but with the national team and the west coast program it seems as though Mad Dog has a better organization, they just need to jump start the NJ program and Tri State would be a good match to fill that need. Not suggesting that it is a possibility, just that it would make sense. While Tri State has some very good high school players, I am not sure that they are still the draw that they used to be for high school, LE, BBL and Blue Star seem to be more attractive right now.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #293807
10/08/19 07:01 PM
10/08/19 07:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that both programs have their issues, but with the national team and the west coast program it seems as though Mad Dog has a better organization, they just need to jump start the NJ program and Tri State would be a good match to fill that need. Not suggesting that it is a possibility, just that it would make sense. While Tri State has some very good high school players, I am not sure that they are still the draw that they used to be for high school, LE, BBL and Blue Star seem to be more attractive right now.

Whatever it may be, we need NJ lacrosse to flourish and constantly improve and be among the top in the nation. I see Tribal 2025 ranked high (#7) in usclub. Congrats to them. I hope they will go and qualify for the WSYL and represent.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #293829
10/09/19 08:50 AM
10/09/19 08:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever it may be, we need NJ lacrosse to flourish and constantly improve and be among the top in the nation. I see Tribal 2025 ranked high (#7) in usclub. Congrats to them. I hope they will go and qualify for the WSYL and represent.

NJ does flourish at the high school level, LE, BBL, Blue Star, and Tri-State are constantly sending player to D1 programs.
WSYL shouldn't be a measure of success. NJ has too many programs with not enough good coaches and players at the youth level. Hard to compete with LI at 12 years old they build their teams to win now. The current 2025 Jersey teams will be lucky to win 2 games in Denver unless Tribal & Mad Dog become the Tribal Dogs and send one team.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #293885
10/09/19 07:51 PM
10/09/19 07:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NJ does flourish at the high school level, LE, BBL, Blue Star, and Tri-State are constantly sending player to D1 programs.
WSYL shouldn't be a measure of success. NJ has too many programs with not enough good coaches and players at the youth level. Hard to compete with LI at 12 years old they build their teams to win now. The current 2025 Jersey teams will be lucky to win 2 games in Denver unless Tribal & Mad Dog become the Tribal Dogs and send one team.

Good points. NJ should also organize and help each other elevate our youth program. Perhaps, create a league similar to HoCo in DMV.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #293952
10/10/19 01:06 PM
10/10/19 01:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good points. NJ should also organize and help each other elevate our youth program. Perhaps, create a league similar to HoCo in DMV.

Don't waste your money on the WSYL. The only good thing about the tournament is that it is age based. Everyone knows that Long Island Express is going to take the cake this year. Save the money and put it in your kid's college fund.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #293966
10/10/19 03:50 PM
10/10/19 03:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't waste your money on the WSYL. The only good thing about the tournament is that it is age based. Everyone knows that Long Island Express is going to take the cake this year. Save the money and put it in your kid's college fund.

To each his own. We don't tell you how to spend your money. With your logic, why would LIE bother going to WSYL if it the outcome is a certainty, what then, for a trophy? that makes them just as foolish.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294157
10/14/19 01:10 PM
10/14/19 01:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each his own. We don't tell you how to spend your money. With your logic, why would LIE bother going to WSYL if it the outcome is a certainty, what then, for a trophy? that makes them just as foolish.

Exactly, this whole WSYL debate is a never ending exercise in boredom... make you own decisions, don't worry about what everybody else is doing

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: TM@BOTC] #294193
10/14/19 08:35 PM
10/14/19 08:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Today the semi final game that BBL wanted at the WSYL happened. BBL 2024 Black played TAZ and lost.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294271
10/15/19 11:09 AM
10/15/19 11:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Today the semi final game that BBL wanted at the WSYL happened. BBL 2024 Black played TAZ and lost.

Now beat 91 and don't come back here until you do.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294309
10/15/19 01:59 PM
10/15/19 01:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm impressed. No excuses.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294334
10/15/19 03:59 PM
10/15/19 03:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will get the "it's fall ball, we are missing players" excuse eventually

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294375
10/16/19 07:07 AM
10/16/19 07:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. This is not LI.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294378
10/16/19 08:15 AM
10/16/19 08:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you looking for a pat in the back or something? WSYL is in the past. Move on.

Reply Quote
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey [Re: Anonymous] #294385
10/16/19 09:24 AM
10/16/19 09:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you looking for a pat in the back or something? WSYL is in the past. Move on.

Congrats to the new Igloo players on Taz for a job well done. You make all the difference. Don't let Taz' antics (as evident in their posts here) change you.

Reply Quote
Page 31 of 32 1 2 29 30 31 32
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification