BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
impressed with the YJ team. By my math, they have 11 commits off of the 21 blue team and all to great schools/programs. I don't think any of the other top teams are even close.

Great players and a dedicated club recruiting machine = excellent results.

That is impressive, this team must have gone undefeated for many years.

Still missing the mark on this club lacrosse thing. Wins, losses and the score of games is irrelevant, always has been. Compare the following two statements, tell me which one the YJ player cares about... Hey congrats on your acceptance to Harvard, or, hey remember three summers ago when my club team beat yours by 2 goals. That should probably clear it up for you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Stanford with another commit today this time from M&D Black 21.

Looks like they just got a third YJ 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax
Stanford with another commit today this time from M&D Black 21.

Looks like they just got a third YJ 2021.

Not only did they land three, but three among the very top players on the team. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with many girls opting to head west the last few years. It used to be a top girl here and there, recently much more common. The PAC12 will get more and more competitive moving forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly... and soon some mommies and daddies will see if little suzy was over rated. That goes for all by the way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think that ANY of the parents whose daughters land at a top school will ever give a second thought to if there daughter was over or under rated. Gee, she was over rated, but here we are at Stanford, pass me another glass of champagne please.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly... and soon some mommies and daddies will see if little suzy was over rated. That goes for all by the way.

While I would agree that the recruiting process does put things in perspective in terms of where a player actually stands. Do you really need to be such a hammerhead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think that ANY of the parents whose daughters land at a top school will ever give a second thought to if there daughter was over or under rated. Gee, she was over rated, but here we are at Stanford, pass me another glass of champagne please.

Think they were replying to the “missing the mark” comment, not the Stanford commit. But maybe not???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think they were replying to the “missing the mark” comment, not the Stanford commit. But maybe not???

I took as they were insinuating that some parents who think their daughter is a high end player were going to get a wake up call when their daughter does not get any offers from the top programs.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

That's why the quote function is helpful. Not that difficult.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like Cali is the place to go, If you are a standout player you’ll be able to make actual money from endorsements in a few years!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Coast = Best Coast?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but tell that to the superstar that rides the bench for 4 years...just tell her, honey, your getting a great education...parents see it, kids take a litttle longer...i agree still the right call though. But tough on kids who were the go to kids their whole lives, some can handle it, some cant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but tell that to the superstar that rides the bench for 4 years...just tell her, honey, your getting a great education...parents see it, kids take a litttle longer...i agree still the right call though. But tough on kids who were the go to kids their whole lives, some can handle it, some cant.

Define superstar.

The reality is: In women's lacrosse the majority of the top tier HS players do not ride the bench for four years. This myth about "HS superstars" riding the bench is promulgated repeatedly on this site and it simply is not true. Apparently many parents believe that their daughter is a "superstar" and when the offers from top tier programs don't come they try to knock the players that do get the offers from the best programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With a 2021 of my own, I noticed over the years that this thread was always pretty quiet. Now that it has become more active, it's nice to see that it's generally positive, with helpful advice being shared. Hopefully it will stay that way through the final year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With a 2021 of my own, I noticed over the years that this thread was always pretty quiet. Now that it has become more active, it's nice to see that it's generally positive, with helpful advice being shared. Hopefully it will stay that way through the final year.

+1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At UMD there will be 10 All American Superstars that never see the field. That is a fact because on the roster are 44 legit high school super stars and everybody's all American. Those girls on the bench I'm sure would thrive at most other top 25 schools but they chose to compete at the very highest talent pool. only 10 girls on the field at a time...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the same on the 2020 thread. Once the girls start to commit and the parents realize where their daughter stands based on what the college coaches think everyone comes down to reality and remains quiet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, that's just crazy talk. Are you new here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the same on the 2020 thread. Once the girls start to commit and the parents realize where their daughter stands based on what the college coaches think everyone comes down to reality and remains quiet.

Could not be more wrong. And this not meant to be that negative post but if you have been following 2020s it goes down as the worst group of online mud slingers ever. Goes back to when that group was in 3rd grade and the TopGuns black team reigned supreme and it was an all out brawl with Yellowjacket supporters . It was way worse and uglier than the 2023 group, if that is possible? Of course BOTC was under different ownership back then and there was no moderater. They do a very good job to try to keep it clean. Think about No moderator for a minute? I have been reading posts since day one of this website, goes back to 2012agegroup I think. Since right before Top Guns was created and have had multiple kids relevant to almost all age groups up or down a year or two, so have followed many of the age groups through the years. Anyone who has been around since the beginning of the 2020 group will certainly agree, while a very deep group in talent (that’s my positive comment on this) , a train wreck in every other aspect. But you are correct about 2021, for the most part it has been well behaved group, 2022 as well. I am sure that will continue. Good luck to all recruits in this age group!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point, if my daughter has not heard from a program, should she take that to mean that she will never hear from them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beg to differ... went back and took a look. Seems it died down right after the crazy parents got early committments for daughters, before the rule change. Wonder if any are regtetting those early committments now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beg to differ... went back and took a look. Seems it died down right after the crazy parents got early committments for daughters, before the rule change. Wonder if any are regtetting those early committments now.

Nope dead on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point, if my daughter has not heard from a program, should she take that to mean that she will never hear from them?

Well it depends. Has she been emailing coaches, working out in the off season, going to camps, and keeping her grades up? Top 10 teams are mostly done I would imagine. Other programs haven’t even started with 21’s as they aren’t even done with 20’s (very few D1’s, more D2/many D3’s). Be patient, remain positive, and try to enjoy the process. Visit campuses and have your daughter reach out to coaches prior to coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At UMD there will be 10 All American Superstars that never see the field. That is a fact because on the roster are 44 legit high school super stars and everybody's all American. Those girls on the bench I'm sure would thrive at most other top 25 schools but they chose to compete at the very highest talent pool. only 10 girls on the field at a time...

Not exactly fact.

Currently Maryland has 39 on the roster which is above their norm.

Lets take a look at the freshmen classes form 2016 and 2017 and see how they have done.

Below is Freshmen Class of 2016. 9 Freshmen (7 were Under Armor All-American, 2 were not)

---------------------Freshmen 2016-----------------
-----------Under Armor All-Americans and how they did at Maryland----------

Megan Taylor..............DIAll-American - Tewaaraton Award - National Player of the Year.
Julia Braig...................DI All-American - National Defender of the Year.
Caroline Steele...........DI All-American
Shelby Mercer.............DI All-American
Jen Giles.....................DI All-American
Megan Doherty:..........Starts Every Game
Kelsey Cummings.......Reserve Player

--------------Non-Under Armour AA's and how they did--------

Marissa Donoghue..........Plays in just about Every Game So, Jr, Sr years.
Katherine Golladay..........Reserve Player

Below is Freshmen class of 2017. 9 Freshmen (6 were Under Armour All-Americans , 3 were not)

----------------------Freshmen 2017-----------------------
-----------Under Armor All-Americans - Current Seniors and how they have done so far-------

Kali Hartshorn..................DI All-American.
Lizzi Colson......................DI All-American.
Brindi Griffin.....................NCAA All-Tournament Team - started and or played every game for 4 years.
Hannah Warther................Played in every game in 2019 - missed 2018 injury.
Natalie Miller.....................Has been a reserve player.
Niki Sliwak........................Has been a reserve player.

--------------Non-Under Armor AA's-----------------

Julia Salandra.....................Has been a reserve player.
Andrea Mctaggart...............Has been a reserve player.
Victoria L'insalata................Has been a reserve player.

Total 18 Recruits over two years. 13 were Under Armour All-Americans (or as you say superstars).

Out of the 13 superstars:

7 Became Division I All-Americans (including a Tewaaraton, Player of the Year and The National Defender of the Year).
4 Played in just about every game (including one who made the NCAA All-Tournament team and another who made the IL All-Rookie team).
3 reserve players.

Out of the 5 non-superstars:

1 became a regular player.
4 reserve players.

By the way.... Every single one of those players is either still playing or graduated last year after four years of playing No, 50% did not quit.
By the way.... Most of the "superstars" did not ride the bench or disappear in college.

By the way.... Yes, I am retired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

Lets take a look at the freshmen classes form 2016 and 2017 and see how they have done.

Below is Freshmen Class of 2016. 9 Freshmen (7 were Under Armor All-American, 2 were not)

Megan Taylor..............DIAll-American - Tewaaraton Award - National Player of the Year.

Below is Freshmen class of 2017. 9 Freshmen (6 were Under Armour All-Americans , 3 were not)

-----------Under Armor All-Americans - Current Seniors and how they have done so far-------

Brindi Griffin.....................NCAA All-Tournament Team - started and or played every game for 4 years.
Hannah Warther................Played in every game in 2019 - missed 2018 injury.

Total 18 Recruits over two years. 13 were Under Armour All-Americans (or as you say superstars).

7 Became Division I All-Americans (including a Tewaaraton, Player of the Year and The National Defender of the Year).
4 Played in just about every game (including one who made the NCAA All-Tournament team and another who made the IL All-Rookie team).
3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

By the way.... Every single one of those players is either still playing or graduated last year after four years of playing No, 50% did not quit.
By the way.... Most of the "superstars" did not ride the bench or disappear in college.

Wow! Somebody has a lot of free time looking up meaningless information! It's woman lacrosse, nobody cares, except mommy and daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it depends. Has she been emailing coaches, working out in the off season, going to camps, and keeping her grades up? Top 10 teams are mostly done I would imagine. Other programs haven’t even started with 21’s as they aren’t even done with 20’s (very few D1’s, more D2/many D3’s). Be patient, remain positive, and try to enjoy the process. Visit campuses and have your daughter reach out to coaches prior to coming.

That's not really true about the top 10 school. UNC only has 2 commits. Florida only has 3. Northwestern only has 1. While MD, Stanford and UVA have quite a few there are still a lot of spots out there. The last girl that I would say was in most everyone's top tier committed to Stanford tonight. Now that the top tier is pretty much done the schools are regrouping to bring in the next tier.

However, most of these coaches would probably have let you know if you are in their second tier. If your're emailing and calling and they aren't calling you back it's probably a bad sign.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
couldn't agree more on the 2020's. What a toxic age group. And many with the biggest mouths are playing are the very bottom college programs and many with zero money. That's why everyone quiets down when they finally realize that Maryland isn't in their daughters future but rather Delaware State

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

Wow! Somebody has a lot of free time looking up meaningless information! It's woman lacrosse, nobody cares, except mommy and daddy!

Obviously you care. If you don't care, then why are you on this site making comments? Are you not a mother or a father of a player? If you are not then you should really get some help. To your point though, I do have a lot of free time. If you are pressed for time or have to go answer to somebody then may I suggest that you stop wasting it perusing this site and its meaningless information.

Why do you attack the poster who presents facts that differ from the narrative that so many want to advance on this site.

Why not attack the post that spewed out the BS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

Obviously you care. If you don't care, then why are you on this site making comments? Are you not a mother or a father of a player? If you are not then you should really get some help. To your point though, I do have a lot of free time. If you are pressed for time or have to go answer to somebody then may I suggest that you stop wasting it perusing this site and its meaningless information.

Why do you attack the poster who presents facts that differ from the narrative that so many want to advance on this site.

Since you have plenty of time, can you give us the top 50 incoming fr lists for those 2 years, and while your at it, the 2 previous years for upperclassman...36 on a team, 12 play. Thanks in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

Since you have plenty of time, can you give us the top 50 incoming fr lists for those 2 years, and while your at it, the 2 previous years for upperclassman...36 on a team, 12 play. Thanks in advance

That is hilarious. You got caught with your pants down spewing B.S. with no facts behind it. This person calls you out by doing the work and giving you a fact-based response and now that you look like a fool you give a laughable response. Crawl back under a rock with your tail between your legs and kudos to this person for taking the time to research this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

That's a BadPerson response, Thank you to the person who put this together.. its interesting to see how things shake out especially at the top program..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

That's not really true about the top 10 school. UNC only has 2 commits. Florida only has 3. Northwestern only has 1. While MD, Stanford and UVA have quite a few there are still a lot of spots out there. The last girl that I would say was in most everyone's top tier committed to Stanford tonight. Now that the top tier is pretty much done the schools are regrouping to bring in the next tier.

[/quote]

The top schools have still not completed their 2021 class, and we are at about 6 weeks in since September 1, I am honestly a little surprised by the pace of this as I think i expected to hear more about the midnight phone call or knocks on the door.
From the outside ( i have a 2022) it looks like there will be plenty of time to make visits, watch fall ball, have several conversations, meet the team etc etc. before any handshakes take place..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also a parent of a 2022. Is there a particularly good source for these commitments? We see some but curious which schools are moving faster than others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

Inside lacrosse Top 50 Incoming freshmen fall 2017:

11 were named Division I All - Americans
7 were named All-Conference
15 start and or play in just about every game.
12 have been reserve players through their sophomore year.
4 sustained injury
1 redshirted as freshman I do not believe is on 2020 roster.

Maryland had the most with 5 players.
UNC
ND
Princeton
Hopkins
Syracuse
UVA
Stanford
USC
Duke
Florida
PSU
Northwestern
Loyola
BC
All had multiple players.

through sophomore year (of the 45 players who are playing no injuries) looks like this group is doing pretty well. They are playing at the most competitive programs and competing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

That's a BadPerson response, Thank you to the person who put this together.. its interesting to see how things shake out especially at the top program..

Agreed - thank you for taking the time to do the research and make a point using FACTS. I wish I was retired too ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

That is hilarious. You got caught with your pants down spewing B.S. with no facts behind it. This person calls you out by doing the work and giving you a fact-based response and now that you look like a fool you give a laughable response. Crawl back under a rock with your tail between your legs and kudos to this person for taking the time to research this.

Not the original poster, but nothing for nothing, poster gave us two years of facts for best team in the country...pretty small sample size, no? It also fits their narrative. Most, if not all of those kids were high top 50 incoming freshman, top 50 would be considered stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

4 sustained injury

UNC
ND
Princeton
Hopkins
Syracuse
UVA
Stanford
USC
Duke
Florida
PSU
Northwestern
Loyola
BC

through sophomore year (of the 45 players who are playing no injuries) looks like this group is doing pretty well. They are playing at the most competitive programs and competing.

So, looks like 33 of the 45 (how have not been hindered by injury) are playing in just about every game at the top programs and many are receiving honors, AA, AC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is going to be a second surge of interest, as the top 25 programs realize that they will not get all of the top girls they wanted, it can't happen soon enough in my opinion. All summer I was thinking that this process would be over before the November tournaments. There are girls holding offers and anxiously hoping that their top schools, or schools higher on their lists, will contact them. At some point, their hands will be forced. At the same time, there are very strong schools (at least academically) that appear to be getting off to a very, very slow start with the process. My 2c is that this leads to a lot of decommitting and poaching down the road. The Stanfords of the world have done a very good job of locking up talent quickly.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
If there is going to be a second surge of interest, as the top 25 programs realize that they will not get all of the top girls they wanted, it can't happen soon enough in my opinion. All summer I was thinking that this process would be over before the November tournaments. There are girls holding offers and anxiously hoping that their top schools, or schools higher on their lists, will contact them. At some point, their hands will be forced. At the same time, there are very strong schools (at least academically) that appear to be getting off to a very, very slow start with the process. My 2c is that this leads to a lot of decommitting and poaching down the road. The Stanfords of the world have done a very good job of locking up talent quickly.

Stanford up to 8 in the Class of 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly fact.

3 reserve players.

4 reserve players.

4 sustained injury

UNC
ND
Princeton
Hopkins
Syracuse
UVA
Stanford
USC
Duke
Florida
PSU
Northwestern
Loyola
BC

Inside lacrosse Top 50 (IL only listed 49... there was no #39) Incoming Freshmen fall 2018:

quick look

2 were All-Americans (the only two freshmen to earn AA Honors).
aprox 24 started and or played in every game.
aprox 17 were reserve players.
4 - 6 injuries.

I did not check but I'm sure there were some All-Conference, All-Rookie etc...

Maryland and Syracuse had the most players with 5.

UNC
Florida
Duke
BC
Princeton
Notre Dame
Loyola
UVA
USC

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard