Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it true? Heard the NLF is talking about implementing a rule that limits the number of holdbacks on a team to four.

Not Limits, Must have at least 4 would be my guess

No. I heard same thing. The limit is 4. Only for NLF tournaments though.

There is absolutely no way that is being considered for NLF teams let alone a NLF tournament. Where do you people get these crazy rumors, rumors need some truth to be believable.

I think we found the Madlax dad. Hi there.

That is Hilarious ! This site has some of the best entertainment out there.

It’s almost as entertaining as Family Feud.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293701
10/07/19 06:18 PM
10/07/19 06:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s true. An email went out to 91 Maryland parents today saying notification was sent to all 91 teams, nationally. The limit is actually 5 holdbacks, after final negotiation. Apparently one of the teams (Madlax?) was fighting it variously. They don’t specify what happens to the holdbacks that don’t make the cut. I imagine they will stay with their clubs, but have to play on age. It only says, “more to info to follow from your individual coaching staffs.”

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293721
10/07/19 10:02 PM
10/07/19 10:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s true. An email went out to 91 Maryland parents today saying notification was sent to all 91 teams, nationally. The limit is actually 5 holdbacks, after final negotiation. Apparently one of the teams (Madlax?) was fighting it variously. They don’t specify what happens to the holdbacks that don’t make the cut. I imagine they will stay with their clubs, but have to play on age. It only says, “more to info to follow from your individual coaching staffs.”

I got it too. Looks like a done deal. Going to be very interesting year.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293740
10/08/19 09:17 AM
10/08/19 09:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great news!!! Johnny will only play against 5 HBs (5 = half a team) in the NLF tournament next summer. So if you are limiting the # of HBs you know the 5 they bring are going to be big and strong.

But starting in the Fall (2 months later) he will be playing against 10 and 11th graders in school fall ball. Just give up the game now, go an play ping pong or some other non-contact sport. If you and you kid are still scared at this point its time to give it up.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293777
10/08/19 02:17 PM
10/08/19 02:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great news!!! Johnny will only play against 5 HBs (5 = half a team) in the NLF tournament next summer. So if you are limiting the # of HBs you know the 5 they bring are going to be big and strong.

But starting in the Fall (2 months later) he will be playing against 10 and 11th graders in school fall ball. Just give up the game now, go an play ping pong or some other non-contact sport. If you and you kid are still scared at this point its time to give it up.

I got the email too! This is a good start and a good gesture. You're probably right that the remaining holdbacks will be the biggest/baddest.. but still, this may be the beginning of a larger change in clubs' attitudes towards age based.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293786
10/08/19 03:06 PM
10/08/19 03:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My on age kid has been embarrassing your scared ExLax holdback for 7 years now, even though he is literally half his size.

So how do you think it’s going to go in HS when he is 6’1” and 195 lbs of power, speed and talent, while your reclass is still 5’7” and 130 lbs of pure inferiority complex? Heard the Walmart has a blue light special on pull-ups. Better stock up!!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293798
10/08/19 05:23 PM
10/08/19 05:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is the only on age player on 2024 Madlax and he gets no playing time at all. The coach told me I should reclassify my son so he can play on the 2025 Madlax team. He promised me that he would start every game and never come off the field. He also promised me a full ride at a top D1 school. Sounds like a really great deal. Should I do it?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293813
10/08/19 10:01 PM
10/08/19 10:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is the only on age player on 2024 Madlax and he gets no playing time at all. The coach told me I should reclassify my son so he can play on the 2025 Madlax team. He promised me that he would start every game and never come off the field. He also promised me a full ride at a top D1 school. Sounds like a really great deal. Should I do it?

Definitely. Just make sure you get it in writing!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293825
10/09/19 07:44 AM
10/09/19 07:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lame attempt at sarcasm/hyperbole, try again LI dad/kid

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293845
10/09/19 10:53 AM
10/09/19 10:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sooooo excited! I took the coaches advice and we're headed to 2025 and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Coach just called to congratulate us on our decision. As luck would have it, he now says that he has this really great deal on some swamp land in Florida that he can sell me real cheap! I'm all over it. Love this Madlax team! They really take care of their own!!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293852
10/09/19 11:56 AM
10/09/19 11:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In another fortunate turn of events for you, I learned that the college recruiting rules are now changing. They are still keeping the no contract prior to September JR year rule for HS athletes so that they can end the practice of recruiting 8th graders as they have in the past. However, based on a recently discovered loophole in the policy, it does not say anything about offering 7th graders a spot. Your son should be getting that verbal offer from JHU any day now.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293857
10/09/19 12:59 PM
10/09/19 12:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sooooo excited! I took the coaches advice and we're headed to 2025 and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Coach just called to congratulate us on our decision. As luck would have it, he now says that he has this really great deal on some swamp land in Florida that he can sell me real cheap! I'm all over it. Love this Madlax team! They really take care of their own!!

That's nothing! My kid reclassed to 2024, and they gave me a phenomenal deal on the BROOKLYN BRIDGE!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293861
10/09/19 01:51 PM
10/09/19 01:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's nothing! My kid reclassed to 2024, and they gave me a phenomenal deal on the BROOKLYN BRIDGE!

Wait a minute! They sold me the Brooklyn bridge when I reclassified my kid! Are there two bridges in Brooklyn??

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293864
10/09/19 02:17 PM
10/09/19 02:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got the email too! This is a good start and a good gesture. You're probably right that the remaining holdbacks will be the biggest/baddest.. but still, this may be the beginning of a larger change in clubs' attitudes towards age based.

This would be funny if true. Question, who enforces this rule?
1. The rent a ref who is working his fifth game in 100 degree weather
2. The kid on the golf cart who is flying right past an injured kid on another field?
3. Greasy Looney's mom who can demand a birth certificate from the other teams parents after her 8th cup of red solo?

I am sure the coach giving jersey's out in the parking lot to the 15 year old guest player will be sure to verify the age. As long as five players are allowed to be older why not bring in college "guest players." I am sure Madlax guy was holding crossed fingers behind his back when he agreed to this. OK 91 we will only have five...Right....

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293890
10/09/19 08:34 PM
10/09/19 08:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the new 5 holdback rule is true, Madlax will stop going to NLF. There is no way they will be able to compete. If you go down their roster of 29, I see at least 13 kids with birthdays before 9/1/2005. It would knock out four of their starting offense (leaving just the owners kids) and two of their starting close. It could get real ugly, real fast. Unless they want to have separate rosters for NLF and non-NLF, there are as many as 8 kids that could be on the chopping block.

Reply Quote
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification