SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293706
10/07/19 07:23 PM
10/07/19 07:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She appealed to the NCAA and it was granted . Would be interesting to know why she left .

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293733
10/08/19 08:36 AM
10/08/19 08:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
She appealed to the NCAA and it was granted . Would be interesting to know why she left .

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start
2-Doesn't like the campus
3-Doesn't get along with coach/teammates

That's about the extent of it.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293736
10/08/19 08:52 AM
10/08/19 08:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]
“Ok, basic math lesson, if all the top teams bring in 8-12 kids and all of them are on the UA team of generally 44 players and only 22 are the difference makers, how in the heck does that work? 2-3 top teams take every single one of the top 22 and none go elsewhere? At least present something that is intelligible.”

Not the guy who posted it but your reading comprehension is painful or just a desperate attempt to prove your little super stud will have the same accolades in college . I can guarantee you that your princess has had less accolades than mine but you people are ridiculous as I have seen many highly touted players never become that player they were expected to be . You are basing successful college careers on essentially these players senior years , I would argue 1 successful year of starting for their team does not equal a successful career for these top 50 players in the country coming out of high school . If you don’t think that the top teams have multiple UA AA riding the bench each season you are clueless .

She was just named to the US Training Roster of 27 players for the US Team. For their Fall competition. Yeah, has't done much.

The snake just can't get over it. Tough being you.

Last edited by baldbear; 10/17/19 01:54 PM.
Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293739
10/08/19 09:13 AM
10/08/19 09:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did 6 of 8 seniors quit the team at Yale?

Does anyone know if this is accurate and true? If true, I would guess the reason is that they think the coach is a crackpot.

It happens at all the Ivy's, if you're not playing after two years it's time to move on, a lot of kids will opt for study abroad and many other options available to them rather than be a practice dummy, there's no scholarship money to lose, so its a choice that is easily made

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293747
10/08/19 10:11 AM
10/08/19 10:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

1. she was by far the best offensive player and already started two years
2. see above
3. Maybe

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293750
10/08/19 10:33 AM
10/08/19 10:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why did 6 of 8 seniors quit the team at Yale?

Does anyone know if this is accurate and true? If true, I would guess the reason is that they think the coach is a crackpot.

It happens at all the Ivy's, if you're not playing after two years it's time to move on, a lot of kids will opt for study abroad and many other options available to them rather than be a practice dummy, there's no scholarship money to lose, so its a choice that is easily made

Really? "It happens at all the Ivy's?" Last years Ivy rosters:

Dartmouth: 9 Seniors.
Cornell: 7 Seniors.
Princeton: 7 Seniors
Coumbia: 7 Seniors.
Brown: 5 Seniors.
Penn: 4 Seniors
Yale: 3 Seniors.

I would imagine most Ivy's do not bring in more than 8 - 9 players per year. Some will no doubt be forced out due to injury and some go in knowing they are never see the field. Although all of the players going Ivy have excellent grades and test scores 1 or 2 per class will have "supe high" academics these kids and are not brought in for their athletic prowess.

95% of the seniors quitting is not normal and it does not happen all of the time at the Ivy's. More fake news.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293751
10/08/19 10:39 AM
10/08/19 10:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She was just named to the US Training Roster of 27 players for the US Team. For their Fall competition. Yeah, has't done much.

I also think she's overrated. Lots of hustle, too many yellows. I'm not the guy under the rock, either, FYI, just another observer.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293757
10/08/19 11:49 AM
10/08/19 11:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Talk about not being informed. She was the leading scorer the last 2 years and would have broken the
career scoring record at Duke. I'm told girls at Duke and BC really like her. She wants to play at a more competitive program, where she can showcase her talents better.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293778
10/08/19 02:18 PM
10/08/19 02:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Talk about not being informed. She was the leading scorer the last 2 years and would have broken the
career scoring record at Duke. I'm told girls at Duke and BC really like her. She wants to play at a more competitive program, where she can showcase her talents better.

Talk about being blinded by stats , was not their best offensive player and was clearly out played by OJ in the big games. Yes she put up big numbers on the backs of lesser teams and celebrated each one like she just won a national championship. By the way she was claiming some form of trauma to the NCAA as in mental due to coaches, players or both so your claim of wanting to go to a more competitive team this year is ridiculous. Also what is with the Duke stat padding , look at their shots taken vs goals and tell me those shooting percentages are accurate .

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293794
10/08/19 04:59 PM
10/08/19 04:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also think she's overrated. Lots of hustle, too many yellows. I'm not the guy under the rock, either, FYI, just another observer.

So you and the other observer must know more than just about every college coach in the country including The Stony Brook Coach, The North Carolina Coach and obviously the USC Coach.

Do you hear yourself? She was named a Division I Second Team All-American (That means that the Division I Coaches consider her to be one of the Top 32 players in the country). She just earned one of 27 roster spots on the US Team for their training this fall.

But you two know better. Thats funny .

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293816
10/08/19 10:39 PM
10/08/19 10:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Talk about being blinded by stats , was not their best offensive player and was clearly out played by OJ in the big games. Yes she put up big numbers on the backs of lesser teams and celebrated each one like she just won a national championship. By the way she was claiming some form of trauma to the NCAA as in mental due to coaches, players or both so your claim of wanting to go to a more competitive team this year is ridiculous. Also what is with the Duke stat padding , look at their shots taken vs goals and tell me those shooting percentages are accurate .

Pretty fair point...she had 47pts against presb,ecu,vcu,w&m and campbell...1 goal against bc and unc and 1 asst against syracuse...Does she really want to play at a more competitive program? careful what you wish for.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293827
10/09/19 08:41 AM
10/09/19 08:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Pretty fair point...she had 47pts against presb,ecu,vcu,w&m and campbell...1 goal against bc and unc and 1 asst against syracuse...Does she really want to play at a more competitive program? careful what you wish for.

Well, appears you want to cherry pick stats that help make your point, I will fill in some of the blanks. She went 5&1 against Northwestern, 4&0 against Penn, 4&1 against Virginia, 4&0 against Notre Dame, 3&0 against Notre Dame and 2&1 against UNC. I watched two games last year and she was face guarded for some/all of the game. She put up these stats being face guarded during games. She had two great seasons at Duke while Duke did not make the playoffs in either one. I'll repeat that, Duke did not make the playoffs in either season. She left to try and make the playoffs and have at least a chance to win a championship. I wish her the best of luck. Go to Duke for the degree, not the lacrosse...

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #293830
10/09/19 08:54 AM
10/09/19 08:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the reasons:
1-Not going to start

2. see above
3. Maybe

Not a fan of hers either because of the egregious stick flips and celebrations after goals but to her credit if you watch the games against those better teams she was always face guarded for the majority of the games. In fact she was face guarded the majority of her freshman year as well and still managed to put up numbers. Without a balanced attack teams were able to face guard her and take her out of the offense.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293836
10/09/19 09:47 AM
10/09/19 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Well, appears you want to cherry pick stats that help make your point, I will fill in some of the blanks. She went 5&1 against Northwestern, 4&0 against Penn, 4&1 against Virginia, 4&0 against Notre Dame, 3&0 against Notre Dame and 2&1 against UNC. I watched two games last year and she was face guarded for some/all of the game. She put up these stats being face guarded during games. She had two great seasons at Duke while Duke did not make the playoffs in either one. I'll repeat that, Duke did not make the playoffs in either season. She left to try and make the playoffs and have at least a chance to win a championship. I wish her the best of luck. Go to Duke for the degree, not the lacrosse..."

Cherry pick stats is exactly what you have done. To say she was "by far" their best offensive player is just ignorant and if you watched Duke in the ACC tournament she was not the biggest threat on her team. If she has transferred to BC to win anything she has picked the wrong school as they will be around the 4-5 best team in the conference for the remainder of her career and if that was her thinking then throwing the program you came from under the bus for made up nonsense so you don't have to sit out a year would show a lack of character in my opinion. If there truly was some type of trauma besides losing going on at Duke then good luck to her but maybe they should be called out for it.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293839
10/09/19 10:15 AM
10/09/19 10:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the “big 3” plus Miller was not able to win a natty championship what makes her think adding just her into the mix - when they and most of their starters have all graduated... will win one for BC?? Hubris...

Reply Quote
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification