Downingtown West (PA) 2020 Midfield, Attack Tyler Long Commits to Gwynedd Mercy University

@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Downingtown West (PA) 2020 Mid, Att Tyler Long of Freedom Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Gwynedd Mercy University.

High School: Downingtown West (Downingtown, PA)
Grad Year: 2020
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College Committed to: Gwynedd Mercy University
Club Team: Freedom Lacrosse Club
Expected Major: Psychology
Why did you choose Gwynedd Mercy University, Men's D3? "Gwynedd Mercy was definitely the right fit for me from the start. It all started when I first got the email from coach Lindstrom talking about where he saw me and specific plays that I had that stood out to him. Coach Lindstrom isn’t an ordinary coach, he looked into specifics in my game and told me how impressed he was but at the same time also told me somethings I could work on for the next time he came to see me. I was never 100% sure if I wanted to go to Gwynedd Mercy until I went and visited. We talked about academics and athletics and everything just felt so right for me, it wasn’t only that; the size of the school, the way it looked, everything felt like what I wanted in a college. I’ve always wanted to create my own path and do something I’d be proud of, I chose a school I could learn on and off the field, a school I could fit into not only as an athlete but also as a student."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Special thank you to my parents. They’ve played an outstanding part in my recruiting process, finding which school would fit me well and caring so much about the effort I would put into practice. Another special thank you to my brother Steven Long, for showing me the game of lacrosse and creating a path for me. He was always the player I strived to be and he was the one to always believe in my abilities to play at a collegiate level. For my coaches, Coach Stout and Coach Measel, they taught me a lot and busted on me every time they knew I was slacking off because they believed I could be a good player."
What other colleges did you consider? "Immaculata, Albright & Neumann"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Tyler Long on his commitment to Gwynedd Mercy University. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below: