BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Outlaws Part Ways with Pat Brennan who Joined Son at the Rebels
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I've got shiny red helmets and off er you tons of blatant clothing that you'll pay for along with tournaments with bad ref's,etc that you'll also pay for. Oh, and my dad is king tuna and uncle john 's band so he must know how to get you recruited. So come on down to tryouts. We'll call you and beg you to give us $100+ dollars for tryouts so we can make even more money off you naive blowhards. We'll throw in a shiny new tat for your wife.

That's enough.
I cant believe that these can be adults with kids or who coach kids that are acting this way. But you should be ashamed of yourselves both sides for carrying on this way.
I'm sure there is hard feelings between both clubs. And since there was obviously a long term involvement with Outlaws, there were probably very hard feelings when they broke away forming Rebels. Outlaws probably has a pretty legitimate gripe if they were soliciting players from Outlaw teams probably well before they fully broke away. And it may actually be a violation of contract. But that's for each party to hash out behind closed doors or with legal counsel.
And I'm sure there has been bad experiences for some Outlaw parents over the years or upset feelings at this break off, plus parents unhappy with promises made by Rebels after they changed teams that were not followed through on. And these may be legit.
But name calling and trashing someone's family members is in no way an appropriate way to handle it.
Outlaws will handle their legal stance. Parents should concentrate on their kids and finding the best team for them.
And try to set the example for your kids. Because the way both sides have acted here on this blog is unacceptable and shameful. Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got shiny red helmets and off er you tons of blatant clothing that you'll pay for along with tournaments with bad ref's,etc that you'll also pay for. Oh, and my dad is king tuna and uncle john 's band so he must know how to get you recruited. So come on down to tryouts. We'll call you and beg you to give us $100+ dollars for tryouts so we can make even more money off you naive blowhards. We'll throw in a shiny new tat for your wife.

That's enough.
I cant believe that these can be adults with kids or who coach kids that are acting this way. But you should be ashamed of yourselves both sides for carrying on this way.
I'm sure there is hard feelings between both clubs. And since there was obviously a long term involvement with Outlaws, there were probably very hard feelings when they broke away forming Rebels. Outlaws probably has a pretty legitimate gripe if they were soliciting players from Outlaw teams probably well before they fully broke away. And it may actually be a violation of contract. But that's for each party to hash out behind closed doors or with legal counsel.
And I'm sure there has been bad experiences for some Outlaw parents over the years or upset feelings at this break off, plus parents unhappy with promises made by Rebels after they changed teams that were not followed through on. And these may be legit.
But name calling and trashing someone's family members is in no way an appropriate way to handle it.
Outlaws will handle their legal stance. Parents should concentrate on their kids and finding the best team for them.
And try to set the example for your kids. Because the way both sides have acted here on this blog is unacceptable and shameful. Grow up.

But this is nothing. Legacy and Igloo got it much worse than this when they started up. Not all new teams go through this. Only the ones that are a threat to getting a large market share. Say what you want about the Rebels but I do not remember any team that started so strong in terms of player numbers or numbers of teams in the first year. Igloo had two teams for years before they expanded. Only then did they get bashed here. Legacy took a couple of years to get going. But when they did they too got similar posts as the Rebels. Icon started from a team called Turf Island and when they left they could not get nearly as many players to leave Turf island as the Rebels were able to do doing the same thing and those running icon are top guys with the best reputation out there. But even those guys could not do what the Rebels did in the first year. Face it that the Rebels are here to stay and will grow every year and saying unverified statements is not stopping it. If fact it probably helps them as free publicity. The bashing should never happen and should stop but it won’t. It never does for any larger lacrosse organization with a large market share which the Rebels are now part of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's enough.

But this is nothing. Legacy and Igloo got it much worse than this when they started up. Not all new teams go through this. Only the ones that are a threat to getting a large market share. Say what you want about the Rebels but I do not remember any team that started so strong in terms of player numbers or numbers of teams in the first year. Igloo had two teams for years before they expanded. Only then did they get bashed here. Legacy took a couple of years to get going. But when they did they too got similar posts as the Rebels. Icon started from a team called Turf Island and when they left they could not get nearly as many players to leave Turf island as the Rebels were able to do doing the same thing and those running icon are top guys with the best reputation out there. But even those guys could not do what the Rebels did in the first year. Face it that the Rebels are here to stay and will grow every year and saying unverified statements is not stopping it. If fact it probably helps them as free publicity. The bashing should never happen and should stop but it won’t. It never does for any larger lacrosse organization with a large market share which the Rebels are now part of.

Yes, you are correct that the Rebels called all of the Outlaw players and promised a lot to move over. It's the way they do business. The apple does not fall far from the tree. The best kids don't play for Rebels and we all know that. They'll keep calling and trying to steal kids, but the best won't go there because they are well informed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't trust the owners of the Outlaws or the Rebels. Both owners may want you to think they are splitting, but behind the curtains something is cooking between both of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the end of the day, the club you play for has a marginal impact whether or not you will play in college. If your son is a stud then the coaches will seek him out. If he is a better than average player then you want the program to play in top tier tournaments. Outlaws / Rebels go to some really good tournaments such as Crabfeast, Naptown, NXT, etc. so, if he plays well, he will get noticed. Directors have very little to do with your son getting recruited. They can call a coach and speak on your sons behalf but your kid still has to show up and perform. Again, unless your kid is a stud, coaches will need to see him play 3-5 times before they make a decision one way or another. Good luck to all the kids who want to play in college or just want to have fun.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I've got shiny red helmets and off er you tons of blatant clothing that you'll pay for along with tournaments with bad ref's,etc that you'll also pay for. Oh, and my dad is king tuna and uncle john 's band so he must know how to get you recruited. So come on down to tryouts. We'll call you and beg you to give us $100+ dollars for tryouts so we can make even more money off you naive blowhards. We'll throw in a shiny new tat for your wife.

That's enough.

Yes, you are correct that the Rebels called all of the Outlaw players and promised a lot to move over. It's the way they do business. The apple does not fall far from the tree. The best kids don't play for Rebels and we all know that. They'll keep calling and trying to steal kids, but the best won't go there because they are well informed

So you think the best players stayed with the outlaws. Your opinion is noted. It keeps getting more entertaining. What else do you have to say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The helmets are really nice! 10 out of 10!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I've got shiny red helmets and offer you tons of blatant clothing that you'll pay for along with tournaments with bad ref's, etc that you'll also pay for. So come on down to tryouts. We'll call you and beg you to give us $100+ dollars for tryouts so we can make even more money off you.

That's enough.
You should be ashamed of yourselves on both sides for carrying on this way.
I'm sure there are hard feelings between both clubs. And since there was obviously a long term involvement with Outlaws, there were probably very hard feelings when they broke away forming Rebels. Outlaws probably has a pretty legitimate gripe if the Rebels were soliciting players from Outlaw teams probably well before they fully broke away. And it may actually be a violation of the contract. But that's for each party to hash out behind closed doors or with legal counsel.
And I'm sure there have been bad experiences for some Outlaw parents over the years or upset feelings at this break-off, plus parents unhappy with promises made by Rebels after they changed teams that were not followed through on. And these may be legit.
But name-calling is uncalled for - let's keep it civil here.
And try to set the example for your kids. Because the way both sides have acted here on this blog is unacceptable and shameful.

But this is nothing. Legacy and Igloo got it much worse than this when they started up. Not all new teams go through this. Say what you want about the Rebs, it's called Growing Pains. Igloo had 2 teams for years before they expanded. Only then did they get bashed. Legacy took a couple of years to get going and now look at them - the 3rd largest program on LI behind 91&Express. Icon started from a team called Turf Island and when they left they could not get nearly as many players to leave Turf island as the Rebels were able to do doing the same thing and those running icon are top guys with the best reputation out there. But even those guys could not do what the Rebels did in the first year. Face it that the Rebels are here to stay and will grow every year and saying unverified statements is not stopping it.

Yes, you are correct that the Rebels called all of the Outlaw players and promised a lot to move over. It's the way they do business. The apple does not fall far from the tree. The best kids don't play for the Rebels and we all know that. They'll keep calling, poaching and trying to steal kids, but the best won't go there because they are well informed.

So you think the best players stayed with the outlaws. Your opinion is noted. It keeps getting more entertaining. What else do you have to say?

Read the quote before you post PB. The best kids don't play for the Rebels. Never said anything about the Outlaws players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of this matters now at 12. Keep them on the field and playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I've got shiny red helmets and offer you tons of blatant clothing that you'll pay for along with tournaments with bad ref's, etc that you'll also pay for. So come on down to tryouts. We'll call you and beg you to give us $100+ dollars for tryouts so we can make even more money off you.

That's enough.
I'm sure there are hard feelings between both clubs. And since there was obviously a long term involvement with Outlaws, there were probably very hard feelings when they broke away forming Rebels. Outlaws probably has a pretty legitimate gripe if the Rebels were soliciting players from Outlaw teams probably well before they fully broke away. And it may actually be a violation of the contract. But that's for each party to hash out behind closed doors or with legal counsel.
And I'm sure there have been bad experiences for some Outlaw parents over the years or upset feelings at this break-off, plus parents unhappy with promises made by Rebels after they changed teams that were not followed through on. And these may be legit.
And try to set the example for your kids. Because the way both sides have acted here on this blog is unacceptable and shameful.

But this is nothing. Legacy and Igloo got it much worse than this when they started up. Not all new teams go through this. Say what you want about the Rebs, it's called Growing Pains. Igloo had 2 teams for years before they expanded. Only then did they get bashed. Legacy took a couple of years to get going and now look at them - the 3rd largest program on LI behind 91&Express. Icon started from a team called Turf Island and when they left they could not get nearly as many players to leave Turf island as the Rebels were able to do doing the same thing and those running icon are top guys with the best reputation out there. But even those guys could not do what the Rebels did in the first year. Face it that the Rebels are here to stay and will grow every year and saying unverified statements is not stopping it.

Yes, you are correct that the Rebels called all of the Outlaw players and promised a lot to move over. It's the way they do business. The apple does not fall far from the tree. The best kids don't play for the Rebels and we all know that. They'll keep calling, poaching and trying to steal kids, but the best won't go there because they are well informed.

I would never think one man would draw this much attention. Give it up already.

Read the quote before you post PB. The best kids don't play for the Rebs. Never said anything about the Outlaws players.

So predictable. We are so happy to hear your opinions. Keep going. What other important information do you have that we all need to know about? I bet you are the guy when you see PB that runs up to him and shakes his hand and he has no clue you hate him and because of that aversion, you post your bias comments on this thread. Keep going, everyone is seeing that what you say means nothing because you don’t like him for whatever reason. This high level of resentment can only come from a parent whose kid did not make the team. Too much resentment to be anything else. So what’s next? Let me guess your kid would never play for a PB team and you tell him to his face all the time he is ... Yes, we all will believe that too because you have proven to be so credible and not bias.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's enough.

Read the quote before you post PB. The best kids don't play for the Rebs. Never said anything about the Outlaws players.

So predictable. We are so happy to hear your opinions. Keep going. What other important information do you have that we all need to know about? I bet you are the guy when you see PB that runs up to him and shakes his hand and he has no clue you hate him and because of that aversion, you post your bias comments on this thread. Keep going, everyone is seeing that what you say means nothing because you don’t like him for whatever reason. This high level of resentment can only come from a parent whose kid did not make the team. Too much resentment to be anything else. So what’s next? Let me guess your kid would never play for a PB team and you tell him to his face all the time he is ... Yes, we all will believe that too because you have proven to be so credible and not bias.

This has to be the densest post yet from the Rebels. Typical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's enough.

I agree Legacy and Igloo got bashed, but for good reason. They got away from their original mission statements. Some promise only one team per grade, some promise the anti-travel experience, some claim new gear, etc. The unfortunate reality is they've all sold out and only care about lining their pockets. I have no problem with that but at least admit it. Some of the B teams are absolutely terrible and the instruction is awful but the directors keep saying its about development. The gullible parents keep believing it's great that the kid is playing. Ultimately it has diluted the talent pool and hurts the sport until HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are killing it with recruiting this season. Where that leads? Who knows but you cant deny that they upgraded significantly in year 2 . Just find a club where your kid can play, there are minimal politics and the parents and kids are cool. The rest of it will take care of itself. As for the shiny red helmets: Add the Uniform # to them or some kind of a decal.......... And change the jerseys....for as cool as the helmets were the uniforms were not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PEOPLE, this thread in only intended to bash Pat for being a complete donkey. Please stay focused....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PEOPLE, this thread in only intended to bash Pat for being a complete donkey. Please stay focused....

This is such a notIntelligent thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels still has the best looking moms... name one better

Outlaws

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG and Igloo definitely have the most attractive sidelines and its not close unless you are into loud mouth sloppy has beens with back tattoos and finger prints all over them. keep your sloppy cut off jean shorts over there at rebels/outlaws. I prefer my ladies groomed and with a little class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened? The Outlaws only have 5 teams now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still better of without Brennans. No scams or A corn holes anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still better of without the B's. No scams or A corn holes anymore.

Getting rid of PB was the best thing to happen. Feels great now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting rid of PB IS the reason the Outlaws only 5 teams. PB was the heart of the organization and once he left the foundation fell apart. All the proof lies in the mad exodus this past season. They can spin it all they want but the numbers speak the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting rid of PB IS the reason the Outlaws only 5 teams. PB was the heart of the organization and once he left the foundation fell apart. All the proof lies in the mad exodus this past season. They can spin it all they want but the numbers speak the truth.

The poachers over at Rebels who make phone calls to any parent on LI promising the moon are pulling the kids. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and Jr is no good himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is PB a coach? A director ? Both? Is he any good at either?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About time the Outlaws and PB went away...let 'em fade into the black... Rebels will chart the same course as a mediocre program with complaining parents until it disappears within five years. Bank on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where does it say they only have 5 teams? Would be a shame if so. Previously with Outlaws but saw writing on the wall. People have many opinions on PB but he definitely was the relationship builder and likely the reason many people stayed over the years. His loss meant the business guy took over in full... with no relationship skills to go along with the business mindset. Good guy...but a reason why a lot of folks left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he a coach at Rebels now? What is his role?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry i am new at this... who is Pat Brennan and how does he have such an impact on these clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took my son to Outlaw tryouts, very weak talent just a shell of what the Outlaws once was!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my son to the Rebels tryout. Not as impressive as 91, but not as bad as others. Got a personal phone call, not a number on a website or email. Was offered a spot on the team, but was told that playtime would be limited, 2nd Fogo, but was offered a spot at a reduced rate. We decided to play somewhere else where he would get more reps. This is my only interaction with the club out side of playing against the Outlaws in the past and the Rebels last year. I don't under stand the detest. Sure the parents were a little loud, not as bad as 24 east though, but no horrible..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my son to the Rebels tryout. Not as impressive as 91, but not as bad as others. Got a personal phone call, not a number on a website or email. Was offered a spot on the team, but was told that playtime would be limited, 2nd Fogo, but was offered a spot at a reduced rate. We decided to play somewhere else where he would get more reps. This is my only interaction with the club out side of playing against the Outlaws in the past and the Rebels last year. I don't under stand the detest. Sure the parents were a little loud, not as bad as 24 east though, but no horrible..

sure they'll take your money and your kid doesn't play. Did you also pay $100+ at tryouts for that garbage?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the deal with their coaches? They have 1 name on the website and then say Brennin is the HC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels was a good tryout Organized , prompt, structured. They look like they have potential. Their downfall may be retaining too many kids from last years team out of loyalty but I did hear they took a lot of ex- Igloo kids and a Express kid. But the way Igloo looked last year... does that really help? Its all on the coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels was a good tryout Organized , prompt, structured. They look like they have potential. Their downfall may be retaining too many kids from last years team out of loyalty but I did hear they took a lot of ex- Igloo kids and a Express kid. But the way Igloo looked last year... does that really help? Its all on the coaching

What grade are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sure they'll take your money and your kid doesn't play. Did you also pay $100+ at tryouts for that garbage?

Assuming you did not show up to tryouts, they were very well ran, and their staff to player ratio was tremendous for the amount of players they had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the case every year with the Outlaws/Rebels. He has too man average players on the team then calls them a AA team which is just not the case !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming you did not show up to tryouts, they were very well ran, and their staff to player ratio was tremendous for the amount of players they had.

But at least they told me that upfront. No equal time bs or yeah he will get plenty of time. Straight up honesty. . Can't ask for much more than that..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the case every year with the Outlaws/Rebels. He has too man average players on the team then calls them a AA team which is just not the case !

Average players. Pretty rich coming from an average dad like yourself. There are plenty of exceptional kids that play in the program and nobody needs a donkey breath guy like you saying otherwise. This thread was not about the Outlaws or the Rebels and has kind of run its course other than the fact overweight "never was" guys like you having nothing better to do than to come on here and denigrate young kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avg kids, below avg kids, etc. STOP Its all coaching. Is their coach any good or is he a pretentious, self serving has been? Does he have a son on the team? Does he alienate kids and stink up to others? Can he make adjustments during a game? Is he honest? Does he switch up practice regime? Do the kids WANT to play for him? Those are the real questions. If yes, then look out. If no, then don't expect much. Thats true for all teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avg kids, below avg kids, etc. STOP Its all coaching. Is their coach any good or is he a pretentious, self serving has been? Does he have a son on the team? Does he alienate kids and stink up to others? Can he make adjustments during a game? Is he honest? Does he switch up practice regime? Do the kids WANT to play for him? Those are the real questions. If yes, then look out. If no, then don't expect much. Thats true for all teams.

PB and MB can't coach their way out of a paper bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then this Rebels club will be the same as the Outlaws program was.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard