SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292774
09/20/19 02:45 PM
09/20/19 02:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely overrated and overhyped recruits of course!c

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292782
09/20/19 04:28 PM
09/20/19 04:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the point that some are trying to make is: if ND, Florida and Duke are always at (or near) the top with their recruiting classes, then where are the final four appearances? Where are the championships? Why do they consistently fall-short of expectations?

over-hype of recruits, coaching, or both.

Probably a combination but more so the coaching.

Here is a question... If the Lists, IL Player Rankings, UA All-Americans are always off and political then why are the teams that get the highest ranked players always the Top Teams and Top Programs?

Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Florida, Notre Dame, Princeton, Virginia, Boston College, and a few others always seem to get the top ranked players and they always seem to finish in the Top 10 - 20. Where do all of these other teams who have all of the "just as deserving players" finish every year?

If the lists and rankings etc.. are alwaysl wrong, political and a joke wouldn't other programs constantly outperform the perennial top 10 -15 programs?

Congratulations to all of the Young Guns and Freshmen who were recognized by Inside lacrosse. Good Luck to All.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292823
09/22/19 01:38 PM
09/22/19 01:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND is #5 and #7 in '19 and '18 respectively.

In both 2017 and 2019 they have the #1 recruit (supposedly).

In 2015 (their recent senior class) they had 4 Top 50 recruits.

Most of the Top 10 - 15 Programs will have Top Recruiting classes most years Notre Dame is no different. Maryland, North Carolina and Syracuse seem to have highly ranked classes every year. Notre Dame, Northwestern, Florida, Princeton, Virginia, Duke, Boston College and some others also bring in highly ranked recruiting classes just about every year. Penn, Loyola, Hopkins and some others are also in the mix from time to time.

The two programs that have done the best without highly ranked recruiting classes have to be JMU and Stony Brook. Penn State should be mentioned as well, I do not recall seeing any of their classes being ranked in the Top 10 and they are usually a Top 20 Team.

No surprise that the same teams that bring in the top recruiting classes tend to be the strongest programs.

This year... Fall 2019 - LWomen's Top 10 Incoming Classes

1. Maryland
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Northwestern
5. Penn
6. Duke
7. Florida
8. Loyola
9. Syracuse
10. Richmond

Nice to see Richmond making some waves. The others bring in top 10 classes just about every year.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292842
09/23/19 09:40 AM
09/23/19 09:40 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all their success why does Maryland have to play of that dopey Field Hockey turf field...

the dopey field hockey field was redone in the spring for the 19-20 school year.

I'm not saying it isn't nice as Its a nice field .. but its designed for a different sport, the turf is like concrete..

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292849
09/23/19 11:17 AM
09/23/19 11:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[ [/quote]

This year... Fall 2019 - ILWomen's Top 10 Incoming Classes

1. Maryland
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Northwestern
5. Penn
6. Duke
7. Florida
8. Loyola
9. Syracuse
10. Richmond

. [/quote]

Maryland has the Number 1 incoming class... but there are [b]12 incoming Freshman[/b]! . there cant be a lot of scholarship passed around.. I figure they're whacking up 2.5 or 3 max scholarships between the 12 of them..

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292859
09/23/19 01:26 PM
09/23/19 01:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

1. Maryland
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Northwestern
5. Penn
6. Duke
7. Florida
8. Loyola
9. Syracuse
10. Richmond

. [/quote]

Maryland has the Number 1 incoming class... but there are [b]12 incoming Freshman[/b]! . there cant be a lot of scholarship passed around.. I figure they're whacking up 2.5 or 3 max scholarships between the 12 of them..
[/quote]

State School. In state tuition much cheaper than out of state and pretty sure scholarships are based on out of state tuition. Can get a lot more for less to stay in state for both the student athlete and the lacrosse program. Given the fact that many players are coming from private schools with tuitions near 30k-40k per year a full ride to UMD can be beneficial on the pocketbook.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292887
09/24/19 12:19 AM
09/24/19 12:19 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the analysis, bottom line, if Coach Kimel called tomorrow and offered your daughter a spot, are you taking it?....

Yup. so am I.

Most players but not all players would accept an offer from Duke. So the bottom line is... with all that Duke has to offer what has happened ? Why the downturn?

Personally, I think they will be back in the Tourney and The Top 20 this year and all will be well but if they are not than I think we will see a change in the coaching staff.

The answer is absolutely not. ask one of the best player's in the country, she ran as fast as should could from Duke, even potentially having to sit out a year. Speaks volumes... If your daughter is getting an offer from Duke, she is getting them from other great academic schools, choose one of those schools...

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292891
09/24/19 06:30 AM
09/24/19 06:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are throwing Duke under the bus, at least say WHY. That player could have left for a myriad of reasons, maybe Duke was not the right fit for her. Don’t scare people away from an amazing institution that by all appearances offers an amazing experience and education for all athletes.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292897
09/24/19 08:13 AM
09/24/19 08:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the analysis, bottom line, if Coach Kimel called tomorrow and offered your daughter a spot, are you taking it?....

Yup. so am I.

Most players but not all players would accept an offer from Duke. So the bottom line is... with all that Duke has to offer what has happened ? Why the downturn?

Personally, I think they will be back in the Tourney and The Top 20 this year and all will be well but if they are not than I think we will see a change in the coaching staff.

The answer is absolutely not. ask one of the best player's in the country, she ran as fast as should could from Duke, even potentially having to sit out a year. Speaks volumes... If your daughter is getting an offer from Duke, she is getting them from other great academic schools, choose one of those schools...

Agree that if Duke is offering it is likely several other top programs would be offering. Not sure what you are answering with your comment "The answer is absolutely not". I assume that you do not think Duke will rebound this year and make the tournament and finish the season in the Top 20. Maybe they will maybe they will not but the question was what has happened, why the downturn?

I do not believe that there is a lack of talent and the University has a lot to offer. I think they will be back Top 20 this year and will remain one of the top 10 - 15 programs for years to come.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292900
09/24/19 08:31 AM
09/24/19 08:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

1. Maryland
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Northwestern
5. Penn
6. Duke
7. Florida
8. Loyola
9. Syracuse
10. Richmond

[/quote]

State School. In state tuition much cheaper than out of state and pretty sure scholarships are based on out of state tuition. Can get a lot more for less to stay in state for both the student athlete and the lacrosse program. Given the fact that many players are coming from private schools with tuitions near 30k-40k per year a full ride to UMD can be beneficial on the pocketbook. [/quote]

Of those Schools, Penn makes most sense, better school. If I wanted to travel, I would consider Northwestern or ND over Duke.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292901
09/24/19 08:35 AM
09/24/19 08:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. so am I.

Agree that if Duke is offering it is likely several other top programs would be offering. Not sure what you are answering with your comment "The answer is absolutely not". I assume that you do not think Duke will rebound this year and make the tournament and finish the season in the Top 20. Maybe they will maybe they will not but the question was what has happened, why the downturn?

I do not believe that there is a lack of talent and the University has a lot to offer. I think they will be back Top 20 this year and will remain one of the top 10 - 15 programs for years to come.

Can we please discuss something else? The poster has an obvious anti-Duke bias.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292904
09/24/19 08:55 AM
09/24/19 08:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

1. Maryland
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Northwestern
5. Penn
6. Duke
7. Florida
8. Loyola
9. Syracuse
10. Richmond

. [/quote]

[/quote]

10 of the 12 freshmen are "in-state" players and keep in mind that not all recruits are equal nor do all recruits receive the same scholarship $$. Scholarship dollars go a long way to the in-state recruits. It is my understanding that coaches have at their disposal a "dollar amount" for athletic scholarships. That dollar amount is calculated by the number of scholarships multiplied by the cost to attend the university (tuition, room and board, fees, books etc..) I believe they use "out of state tuition" in the formula. So, lets say 12 x $50,000 (aprox) = $600,000 per year.

If someone has country info please elaborate.

If that is the way it works, the coach can make it very affordable for the players and that is why Maryland has such a huge advantage.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292932
09/24/19 12:15 PM
09/24/19 12:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

1. Maryland
2. Notre Dame
3. North Carolina
4. Northwestern
5. Penn
6. Duke
7. Florida
8. Loyola
9. Syracuse
10. Richmond

[/quote]

10 of the 12 freshmen are "in-state" players and keep in mind that not all recruits are equal nor do all recruits receive the same scholarship $$. Scholarship dollars go a long way to the in-state recruits. It is my understanding that coaches have at their disposal a "dollar amount" for athletic scholarships. That dollar amount is calculated by the number of scholarships multiplied by the cost to attend the university (tuition, room and board, fees, books etc..) I believe they use "out of state tuition" in the formula. So, lets say 12 x $50,000 (aprox) = $600,000 per year.

If someone has country info please elaborate.

If that is the way it works, the coach can make it very affordable for the players and that is why Maryland has such a huge advantage. [/quote]

That is completely wrong .The coaches have 12 scholarships to work with , if you give an instate player a 50% cost of attendance it still equals 0.5 out of those 12 even thou its about a $14,000 monetary value. Give an out of state player a 50 % cost of attendance scholarship and it also equals 0.5 out of the 12 total but it value is closer to $26,000. those two players taken together would be equal to 1 full ride out of the 12 total they can give, in other words their scholarships count the same toward that total of 12.

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292975
09/24/19 07:18 PM
09/24/19 07:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall. Ball.

Who looks good????

Any schedules for this weekend coming up?

Reply Quote
Re: 2019-2020 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #292995
09/25/19 10:22 AM
09/25/19 10:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall. Ball.

Who looks good????

Any schedules for this weekend coming up?

Would not give much thought to Fall Ball regarding game / scrimmage outcomes. Don't get me wrong, coaches and players want to win but the fall is when coaches try to see what they have. Most freshmen will get and reserve players from previous year will get playing time. If returning starters are dinged up or recovering from injury don't expect to see much of them.

In the fall players should want to show that they worked hard in the off season. Show up in shape, pass their run test, display sharp stick skills, be strong in the weight room etc...

Fall ball is a chance for freshmen and non starters from the previous year to impress the coaching staff.

As for "who looks good????" it really does not matter, lets see who looks good in May.

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification