BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't realize that Team 91 player on Crush who is the #1 recruit in the junior class is a November B Day Re-Class....perhaps reclassifying a bit more prevalent on the Island than some might lead us to believe....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Didn't realize that Team 91 player on Crush who is the #1 recruit in the junior class is a November B Day Re-Class....perhaps reclassifying a bit more prevalent on the Island than some might lead us to believe....

November reclass in LI would be on age in Maryland. Holding back players born in Sept, Oct, Nov, would be reclass in LI with a Dec 1 school start age. In MD it is the right age to start and be in school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The IL article didn't say he was held back...to be clear it said he was RE-classed and gets alot of grief for it which he has learned to deal with....I am not here to say it is wrong that is 100% up to each family, just pointing out the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

You are not a Crabs parent.....

I call BS.... You are a liar of the first order, you are probably a coach or a naive parent of the pups..... What ... do you think that no one else was at Amherst?

The Wolfpups ran home crying on Saturday, they were scheduled to play the Crabs on Sunday at 8 AM when it was what 80 degrees? It was a slightly overcast cooler morning, all other teams were out there playing except for the the pups... Are you saying that the directors went to 2 teams in a summer tournament to say you don't have to play because it is 80 degrees...., There is no excuses other than you lost and your team did not have the mental capacity to finish what they started. that lesson will carry on through life, hopefully they boys will switch to a program that teaches them that life is not WYSL, because that's over. The pups will not be winning may tournaments anymore, but they will have the memories and stories. "Remember when we were 12 and thought we were good....."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

November reclass in LI would be on age in Maryland. Holding back players born in Sept, Oct, Nov, would be reclass in LI with a Dec 1 school start age. In MD it is the right age to start and be in school.

Correct. In MD the boy is “on age”.

Interesting to note that, for the last three years in a row, the #1 recruit in the country is from Team 91 Long Island.

2020 grad year going to Duke and NOT a holdback.

2021 reclass but NOT a holdback by MD standards.

2022 player plays up 2 years! How about that! The only All American freshman in history. What you think of that all you MD cheater holdback parents? That’s how WE roll on the island.

All three players are on Team 91 Crush and all gained national recognition 4 years ago when they played on the national stage and won the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. Sound familiar? History repeats itself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here with the "stunad" word again...sheesh. Dude - Tony Soprano called. He wants his vocabulary back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% incorrect. Team 91 Wolfpack has never had a holdback. Not in 2nd grade, not last year and still not this year coming up. Never. Yet they seem to be holding their own, I’d say. And 91 isn’t the only top team without holdbacks. Explain that, you holdback cheat.

Unless you are the coach, you have no idea how many kids on the team are holdbacks. A ton of parents do late kindergarten - it's not just about kids repeating 8th grade at the "request" of a private school.

Bro you been living under a rock? Everyone knows that WP went to the WSYL with 100% of its team and no guest players. That’s your proof.

And if you have a close team, parents friend each other on social media. So when it’s a kids birthday, it is very well documented. So, yes, we know. Still zero holdbacks! Hard to believe, I’m sure, coming from a holdback parent of a team with 80% holdbacks. Yup. Beat you guys up badly with kids a year+ younger than your team. Yeah. Must be a tough pill to swallow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% incorrect. Team 91 Wolfpack has never had a holdback. Not in 2nd grade, not last year and still not this year coming up. Never. Yet they seem to be holding their own, I’d say. And 91 isn’t the only top team without holdbacks. Explain that, you holdback cheat.

Unless you are the coach, you have no idea how many kids on the team are holdbacks. A ton of parents do late kindergarten - it's not just about kids repeating 8th grade at the "request" of a private school.

Bro you been living under a rock? Everyone knows that WP went to the WSYL with 100% of its team and no guest players. That’s your proof.

And if you have a close team, parents friend each other on social media. So when it’s a kids birthday, it is very well documented. So, yes, we know. Still zero holdbacks! Hard to believe, I’m sure, coming from a holdback parent of a team with 80% holdbacks. Yup. Beat you guys up badly with kids a year+ younger than your team. Yeah. Must be a tough pill to swallow.

WP does not even have close to the talent that crush had. Stop comparing yourselves to that. There are 2 Players on the team that you got last year , for the WSYL. Without them you guys are in the back of the pack. FACTS... for the WSYL. you recruited 6 new players just for the the tourney.. So not the same team. LIES LIES AND MORE LIES. PACK UP AND GO HOME.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

Not defending anything. Just explaining what happened at the tournament. Teams in lost bracket had the choice of playing or not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.

You are obsessed. A team didn’t play in a lost bracket. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! Nobody gives a LaxinItUp! Move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are obsessed. A team didn’t play in a lost bracket. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! Nobody gives a LaxinItUp! Move on!

No, you move on....Think about the families that paid to stay in hotels and to fly on the more expensive Sunday returns only to show up on Sunday morning and there is no one to play. There is just being decent and teaching your kids sportsmanship. In the end I guess it shows that they are just a bunch of bullies, that when they go sucker punched went home to cry with their Mommy.
You can scream HB all you want they will not be winning any of the big tournaments withe the top Mid Atlantic teams in the them anymore, those days are done, so get use to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

You’re wrong. LI guy insults Madlax repeatedly. But as the worst offenders in the lacrosse underworld of holdbacks, double holdbacks and guest holdbacks, I have absolutely no problem with those insults. All deserved as far as I’m concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My money is on WP. To tell the truth, I’m not impressed at all with the ML team. My sons Express team played ML this summer and lost 4 - 2. If not for a couple of questionable calls and no calls, Express wins that game. Can’t say the same for games against WP. No comparison between ML and WP in my opinion. WP is more skilled at every position. Fun to watch.

As much as I detest to, I am in agreement. My son plays on the Hawks. We played Madlax in Delaware. Lost 7-5 but game could have gone either way. Our game against 91 this year was very different. Really wasn’t close. Definitely a top finesse team.

Hawks dad, if you're referring to NAL Summer tourney in Newcastle DE, my son's team was there and I watched your game vs ML. It was a good game to watch. ML's new face off mid may be the best player in the tournament. Fast, big strong aggressive athlete, and he was the difference maker in that game. However, the ML 6'2 200+lbs middle with DC Dog helmet was not there. If he were, I can assure you it will not be that close. Don't get me wrong, this is not to suggest Hawks are not a top team.

I agree with you about WP, they bring diff style of play simply bec they are not as big overall compared to your team or ML. They're success is predicated on their FO Mid and other mid (#3 i think?), and they move the ball like a HS team from LI. If you can't slow down those 2 players, they are tough to beat. I would like to see the FO Mids from ML and WP go against each other. I think those 2 are MVPs of their teams. I hope a game with WP vs ML happens this upcoming season and if it does, post it here so we can come and watch.

I forgot to add my prediction if they ever play (full strength).. ML 9 - WP 7

What does “full strength” mean? ML uses players from the 2023 DC Dogs team. All the kids know it. Using players from other teams, not to mention, a grade above, is “full strength”? That’s just cheating. The ML team that went to Delaware is their team and quite honestly it’s very beatable. Against the real ML team, I think 91 wins decisively.

Full strength*:
WP = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present.
ML = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present PLUS the two DC Dogs players (both middies. one of them mentioned above).

Are you serious? You include players from a different team?? And a grade higher?? Wow. You must be from Madlax with a justification like that. Just say it. If Madlax cheats, you like their chances. That’s BS. The team is completely dependent upon one player, unless it invites older players that aren’t on the team. Straight-up, Hawks vs the legit Madlax team, is a toss up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to my neighbor's kid's cousin's friend's brother's teacher's son, the DC Dog player in question is on another team and may not even play in this game if they did meet up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

When was the last time they (Hawks) beat 91 MD? 3rd grade I think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are going to Battle on the Bay?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

How many 2023’s does Madlax have? I heard as many as three.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three are confirmed. Could me more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets see if I do, Hawks cant beat 91 ever and Hawks can't beat Madlax unless they are missing players. Got it Now !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets see if I do, Hawks cant beat 91 ever and Hawks can't beat Madlax unless they are missing players. Got it Now !

Nope. Don’t got it. I think what you’re saying is, if Madlax uses players that aren’t on their team, and are a grade higher, then Madlax wins. Not sure how you rationalize any logic that includes cheating with players from a different team, and a higher grade. I don’t recognize such games as legit since that’s not the Madlax team and wont comment on it other than to say that’s plain cheating. Again, here’s what I’m saying. Madlax vs Hawks (all of ONLY THEIR players) is anybodies game. Can’t believe I actually have to qualify that statement with a disclaimer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Don’t got it. I think what you’re saying is, if Madlax uses players that aren’t on their team, and are a grade higher, then Madlax wins. Not sure how you rationalize any logic that includes cheating with players from a different team, and a higher grade. I don’t recognize such games as legit since that’s not the Madlax team and wont comment on it other than to say that’s plain cheating. Again, here’s what I’m saying. Madlax vs Hawks (all of ONLY THEIR players) is anybodies game. Can’t believe I actually have to qualify that statement with a disclaimer.

I’ll even go you one more. Take the FO 2023 DC Dogs kid off Madlax, and they finish dead last in the HOCO. Anybody know if that boy is still a 2023 or did he reclassify? Heard he “might” reclass, so Madlax takes that as justification for putting him on their 2024 team. Quite sure that’s accurate. Can some one verify?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll even go you one more. Take the FO 2023 DC Dogs kid off Madlax, and they finish dead last in the HOCO. Anybody know if that boy is still a 2023 or did he reclassify? Heard he “might” reclass, so Madlax takes that as justification for putting him on their 2024 team. Quite sure that’s accurate. Can some one verify?

Reclass is getting out of hand in DMV area, which is really hard to believe as it was already somewhat out of control. Frankly, reclass is getting out of hand everywhere .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know hold backs and reclasses exist in the BDMV lacrosse world, they exist across the vast majority, if not all, of the HoCo elite teams. Right or wrong it happens and is within the rules that BDMV teams play under. As far as I know no kid on the Madlax 2024 team is not in 8th grade this year, if someone is aware of a kid who is in 9th grade and is playing on that team happy to hear about it. In terms of the big FO kid everyone talks about, he is an 8th grader at an IAC school which means he graduates in 2024. Every kid on the HoCo roster where Madlax went undefeated and won the tournament is a 2024 graduate and was in 7th grade during the season (including big FO kid). I don't know how hard this is to grasp. There were some very close games in HoCo, as it should be, but to say this team is dependent on one player or that these kids were actually 9th graders playing on an 8th grade team is 100% false.

I also completely agree that that reclassing/holding back is getting out of hand but also remember that many of these kids were delayed entry/summer birthdays back in K. The reality is that as long as (1) there is no national governing body in lacrosse that has any power to regulate an age based system, (2) most (if not all other than the WSYL) major tournaments at the youth/high school level are grade based, (3) lacrosse in the BDMV is mainly a private school sport, and (4) college coaches don't care how old a kid is just his graduation year then this will continue to happen and likely accelerate. For those on age kids who are playing meaningful minutes at the elite level this likely doesn't have a huge impact as they are playing with older kids and holding their own and getting better. The kids who are hurt by this are the good/average kids at the youth level that are getting pushed down because of this and may not get the opportunities they might have had in an age based youth world. It also provides an incentive for people who may never have though about holding their kid back to think about it. As the parent of two on age kids I firmly believe that until high school kids should be playing in an age based world but for the reasons listed above don't think it will ever revert back. The reality is that as long as lacrosse can provide an opportunity to go to a top private high school and then potentially on to a top college then the incentives and rules of the sport are aligned to make holding back a rational decision for some families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

[/quote]

[/quote]

A couple of things,
1) No one is using 9th graders in HOCO (at least not before the summer, I saw that happen last year), so let stay away from that discussion for now. Everyone will be in 8th grade, which is the rule... plus next year your son will be playing against 10 and 11 graders who were held back, so stop whining, and get ready for the really big boys who have been working out for years

2) The kid that you all are referring to played for Madlax 2024 for years and only spent 1 year at the 2023 level with the DCDs so that he can be challenged. So no, he is not re-classing to 8th grade, he was in 7th last year, and 6th grade the year before. If you don't believe go and look at any old discussion for 1 or 2 years ago where you were talking about the "ML big Middie"

3) He won't be playing with ML against Hawks, as he plays with another team now, which will play against both teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know hold backs and reclasses exist in the BDMV lacrosse world, they exist across the vast majority, if not all, of the HoCo elite teams. Right or wrong it happens and is within the rules that BDMV teams play under. As far as I know no kid on the Madlax 2024 team is not in 8th grade this year, if someone is aware of a kid who is in 9th grade and is playing on that team happy to hear about it. In terms of the big FO kid everyone talks about, he is an 8th grader at an IAC school which means he graduates in 2024. Every kid on the HoCo roster where Madlax went undefeated and won the tournament is a 2024 graduate and was in 7th grade during the season (including big FO kid). I don't know how hard this is to grasp. There were some very close games in HoCo, as it should be, but to say this team is dependent on one player or that these kids were actually 9th graders playing on an 8th grade team is 100% false.

I also completely agree that that reclassing/holding back is getting out of hand but also remember that many of these kids were delayed entry/summer birthdays back in K. The reality is that as long as (1) there is no national governing body in lacrosse that has any power to regulate an age based system, (2) most (if not all other than the WSYL) major tournaments at the youth/high school level are grade based, (3) lacrosse in the BDMV is mainly a private school sport, and (4) college coaches don't care how old a kid is just his graduation year then this will continue to happen and likely accelerate. For those on age kids who are playing meaningful minutes at the elite level this likely doesn't have a huge impact as they are playing with older kids and holding their own and getting better. The kids who are hurt by this are the good/average kids at the youth level that are getting pushed down because of this and may not get the opportunities they might have had in an age based youth world. It also provides an incentive for people who may never have though about holding their kid back to think about it. As the parent of two on age kids I firmly believe that until high school kids should be playing in an age based world but for the reasons listed above don't think it will ever revert back. The reality is that as long as lacrosse can provide an opportunity to go to a top private high school and then potentially on to a top college then the incentives and rules of the sport are aligned to make holding back a rational decision for some families.

Holy S.. Ive been on these boards for a long time for entertainment and also guilty of mixing it up from time to time, this is by far the classiest and on point explanation of current state of youth lacrosse. Bravo! (with accompanying golf clap).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

[/quote]

A couple of things,
1) No one is using 9th graders in HOCO (at least not before the summer, I saw that happen last year), so let stay away from that discussion for now. Everyone will be in 8th grade, which is the rule... plus next year your son will be playing against 10 and 11 graders who were held back, so stop whining, and get ready for the really big boys who have been working out for years

2) The kid that you all are referring to played for Madlax 2024 for years and only spent 1 year at the 2023 level with the DCDs so that he can be challenged. So no, he is not re-classing to 8th grade, he was in 7th last year, and 6th grade the year before. If you don't believe go and look at any old discussion for 1 or 2 years ago where you were talking about the "ML big Middie"

3) He won't be playing with ML against Hawks, as he plays with another team now, which will play against both teams[/quote]

Who does he play for now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

A couple of things,

3) He won't be playing with ML against Hawks, as he plays with another team now, which will play against both teams[/quote]

Who does he play for now? [/quote]

Do not get your hopes up!! The new FO Mid they picked up last summer (#22 on their Nationals team) is just as good if not better than the player who's leaving for another team (if it's even true). If you see #22 with ML, as OJ likes to say "lookout".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

A couple of things,

You lost ALL credibility for that post when you said “no one is using 9th graders in the HOCO.” And “everyone will be in 8th grade”. Using blanket statements like “no one” and “everyone” just sank your shop of any kind of convince-ability. I’m sure most people reading this know of 9th graders playing on a 2024 team. I sure do. I would even go as far as to say it’s common. So how about you start from scratch on that post. Consider that a mulligan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

A couple of things,

3) He won't be playing with ML against Hawks, as he plays with another team now, which will play against both teams

You lost ALL credibility for that post when you said “no one is using 9th graders in the HOCO.” And “everyone will be in 8th grade”. Using blanket statements like “no one” and “everyone” just sank your shop of any kind of convince-ability. I’m sure most people reading this know of 9th graders playing on a 2024 team. I sure do. I would even go as far as to say it’s common. So how about you start from scratch on that post. Consider that a mulligan.

[/quote] Most of our kids start school later than most. So they are already 1 year ahead. So when we re -class the kids in 6th , 7th and 8th grade. most of the boys are already 1 1/2 to 2 years older than the other states. Yes the rules are based on grade but the kids are much older than most..Exactly the case in number 22.. almost 15 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] Most of our kids start school later than most. So they are already 1 year ahead. So when we re -class the kids in 6th , 7th and 8th grade. most of the boys are already 1 1/2 to 2 years older than the other states. Yes the rules are based on grade but the kids are much older than most..Exactly the case in number 22.. almost 15 years old.
[/quote]

Not sure which #22 you are referring to but if it is the new kid #22 on Madlax that kid is on age, turning 14 in the fall. Yes, the entry cut off for MD is earlier than in NY so there is an age gap there, hence what people refer to as LI holdbacks (any kid with a fall birthday). It is a completely irrelevant term for other areas. Kids are not 1.5 to 2 years older to start. At most it is a year if it was a delayed entry into K. With a late entry who then holds back you can get 1.5-2 year age differences but this is not the norm or the baseline. The vast majority of “off age” kids were delayed entry in K. There is an acceleration of double holdbacks which is a bad thing, but to all the points in the previous long post the incentives are there for this to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] Most of our kids start school later than most. So they are already 1 year ahead. So when we re-class the kids in 6th, 7th and 8th grade. most of the boys are already 1 1/2 to 2 years older than the other states. Yes, the rules are based on grade but the kids are much older than most.
[/quote]

Yes, the entry cut off for MD is earlier than in NY so there is an age gap there, hence what people refer to as LI holdbacks (any kid with a fall birthday). It is a completely irrelevant term for other areas. Kids are not 1.5 to 2 years older to start. At most, it is a year if there was delayed entry into K. With a late entry who then holds back you can get 1.5-2 year age differences but this is not the norm or the baseline. The vast majority of “off age” kids have had a delayed entry in K. There is an acceleration of double holdbacks which is a bad thing, but to all the points in the previous long post, the incentives are there for this to happen. [/quote]

Incorrect. You say that “kids are not 1.5 to 2 years older to start.” “At most, it’s a year.” As you stated, due to the MD cut off date being 6 months earlier than NY. “Hence” you need to add 6 months to that 1 year number. So at minimum MD players are 1.5 years older than NY players. “Hence” math is not your strong suit, now is it? “Hence” more BS from this know nothing parent who doesn’t know a lacrosse stick from a broomstick. And let’s “hence” hope you don’t know when the birthdays of every child playing youth lacrosse, as you portray yourself because that’s just sick. I know it’s total BS like the rest of the garbage in your post, but just so you know, that’s not a good look for you. Question: When you and your MD brethren brag about “playing with the big boys” when the LI teams come to town, who exactly are the “big boys”? Your MD boys that play down 1.5 years or more, or the LI boys that are playing in the correct grade at the correct age, against boys that are far older. Always wondered about that. “Hence”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 grad year....if you want to play in U13 tournaments, go for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect. You say that “kids are not 1.5 to 2 years older to start.” “At most, it’s a year.” As you stated, due to the MD cut off date being 6 months earlier than NY. “Hence” you need to add 6 months to that 1 year number. So at minimum MD players are 1.5 years older than NY players. “Hence” math is not your strong suit, now is it? “Hence” more BS from this know nothing parent who doesn’t know a lacrosse stick from a broomstick. And let’s “hence” hope you don’t know when the birthdays of every child playing youth lacrosse, as you portray yourself because that’s just sick. I know it’s total BS like the rest of the garbage in your post, but just so you know, that’s not a good look for you. Question: When you and your MD brethren brag about “playing with the big boys” when the LI teams come to town, who exactly are the “big boys”? Your MD boys that play down 1.5 years or more, or the LI boys that are playing in the correct grade at the correct age, against boys that are far older. Always wondered about that. “Hence”.

Normally I try to be reasonable in my posts but since you decided to personally attack my post I will respond in kind. Complete idiocy and whining is not a great look for you. Also I have no idea and never said I know the birthdays of all or most of the kids, none of us do, but we can use our brains, knowledge of the birthdays we do know, and understanding of distribution of birthdays to come to some conclusions which is what you have done, but you have simply done it wrong.

Last time I checked the age cut off for "on age" youth lacrosse was September 1, the same as the cut off for Maryland public schools. New York in its infinite wisdom seems to have different ages for entry but most seem to be either Dec 1 or Dec 31, that is three to four months, not six months so wrong on point one. Now to get to your magic 1.5 - 2.0 years from the start every kid on a MD team would have to be born on Sep 1 and every kid on a LI team would have to have at a minimum a following year Dec birthday. Last time I checked in the US there is a roughly even distribution of birthdays which would mean on average it would be a 4 month difference. We know this is not completely accurate with delayed entry, holdbacks, etc. so let's assume that all kids in MD including holdbacks, delayed entry, etc average out to Sep 1 and all LI kids average out to Aug 31 of the following year that would be 1 year so wrong again even with ridiculously conservative assumptions. HENCE you are a stunad with absolutely no math or analytical skills. On average I would guess MD teams are 6-9 months older than LI teams. If you take a look at the entry ages on Sep 1 for high level Div I lacrosse programs kids are about 6 months older than what you would expect with roughly 70% of those kids with holdback or LI holdback birthdays. Whether you like it or not lacrosse at the highest level is played at ages that mirror MD lacrosse, not LI lacrosse.

And to reinforce the point that you are a know nothing parent who knows nothing about lacrosse, no one in MD ever talks about "playing with the big boys" as it relates to LI because no one down here cares about the LI teams any more. They have zero impact on our lacrosse. You apparently are a LI parent who longs for years past when LI was the only dominant force in lacrosse. Those days have past, wishing for a return to the days of yore is sad but at least it provides amusement for us in MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect. You say that “kids are not 1.5 to 2 years older to start.” “At most it’s a year.” As you stated, due to the MD cut off date being 6 months earlier than NY. “Hence” you need to add 6 months to that 1 year number. So at minimum MD players are 1.5 years older than NY players. “Hence” math is not your strong suit, now is it? “Hence” more BS from this know nothing parent who doesn’t know a lacrosse stick from a broom stick. And let’s “hence” hope you don’t know when the birthdays of every child playing youth lacrosse, as you portray yourself, because that’s just sick. I know it’s total BS like the rest of the garbage in your post, but just so you know, that’s not a good look for you. Question: When you and your MD brethren brag about “playing with the big boys” when the LI teams come to town, who exactly are the “big boys”? Your MD boys that play down 1.5 years or more, or the LI boys that are playing in the correct grade at the correct age, against boys that are far older. Always wondered about that. “Hence”.

Normally I try to be reasonable in my posts but since you decided to personally attack my post I will respond in kind. Complete idiocy and whining is not a great look for you. Also I have no idea and never said I know the birthdays of all or most of the kids, none of us do, but we can use our brains, knowledge of the birthdays we do know, and understanding of distribution of birthdays to come to some conclusions which is what you have done, but you have simply done it wrong.

Last time I checked the age cut off for "on age" youth lacrosse was September 1, the same as the cut off for Maryland public schools. New York in its infinite wisdom seems to have different ages for entry but most seem to be either Dec 1 or Dec 31, that is three to four months, not six months so wrong on point one. Now to get to your magic 1.5 - 2.0 years from the start every kid on a MD team would have to be born on Sep 1 and every kid on a LI team would have to have at a minimum a following year Dec birthday. Last time I checked in the US there is a roughly even distribution of birthdays which would mean on average it would be a 4 month difference. We know this is not completely accurate with delayed entry, holdbacks, etc. so let's assume that all kids in MD including holdbacks, delayed entry, etc average out to Sep 1 and all LI kids average out to Aug 31 of the following year that would be 1 year so wrong again even with ridiculously conservative assumptions. HENCE you are a stunad with absolutely no math or analytical skills. On average I would guess MD teams are 6-9 months older than LI teams. If you take a look at the entry ages on Sep 1 for high level Div I lacrosse programs kids are about 6 months older than what you would expect with roughly 70% of those kids with holdback or LI holdback birthdays. Whether you like it or not lacrosse at the highest level is played at ages that mirror MD lacrosse, not LI lacrosse.

And to reinforce the point that you are a know nothing parent who knows nothing about lacrosse, no one in MD ever talks about "playing with the big boys" as it relates to LI because no one down here cares about the LI teams any more. They have zero impact on our lacrosse. You apparently are a LI parent who longs for years past when LI was the only dominant force in lacrosse. Those days have past, wishing for a return to the days of yore is sad but at least it provides amusement for us in MD.

I love when MD teaches LI correct math. Great response, now maybe he will go back in his hole.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard