BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d rather not beat express and save 5 grand. I’m already paying 4 grand tuition, another 4 grand on training through the year. Plus hotels and other miscellaneous BS, probably 2 grand. Plus I have 3 kids who play. No thanks. I’ll pass on that 5 grand to go watch more lacrosse in Colorado. Oh And try outs are 2 weeks after Colorado. Another fee, then another tuition. Thanks anyway. Lol. I can give a rats butt if my son’s team beats express or not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree totally! lets save 5k on a trip to Colorado and let the kids beat each other up locally, no need to fly halfway across the country to see the same game that can be played locally three or four times a year. As far as ESPN, the only people watching it on tv are family members of the kids playing in the tournament. lets do something differently on the east coast in a different state each year to grow the sport. ESPN isn't just in Denver. I'm sure the directors have a little creativity and can come up with a big end of year tournament that will make it fun for the kids and draw attention to their clubs. It's expensive enough in the current environment without the trip to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agree totally! lets save 5k on a trip to Colorado and let the kids beat each other up locally, no need to fly halfway across the country to see the same game that can be played locally three or four times a year. As far as ESPN, the only people watching it on tv are family members of the kids playing in the tournament. lets do something differently on the east coast in a different state each year to grow the sport. ESPN isn't just in Denver. I'm sure the directors have a little creativity and can come up with a big end of year tournament that will make it fun for the kids and draw attention to their clubs. It's expensive enough in the current environment without the trip to Denver.

I am not going to Denver nor have I been. I heard the tourney is great, but it’s expensive for Li vs Li. Primetime did get to the final game and so did the Crabs in their lone appearance. But it’s all Northeast teams. I get growing is important, but it’s not the little league World Series, so stop trying to be. Move the event around the Country is one thought. I do love that it is u13 and philly, Maryland and Mass are no shows. #playonage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here is the question: All teams are trying to qualify because they feel it will give their program credibility and the ability to increase their "Tuition" next year If your sons' team does qualify (because who doesn't at this point?) what do you do? Im inclined to take a real vacation that week. Not board a plane to see the same teams I can see in CT, NY or NJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean all of the LI teams that fly to Denver to play an uninspiring Lax tourney and get a "free" WARP mini? ? WSYL is a joke and a $ grab.

Says the teams that have no chance of beating express.

OK stop, I agree that express is the best 2025 team, but this has nothing to do with that. You win!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean all of the LI teams that fly to Denver to play an uninspiring Lax tourney and get a "free" WARP mini? ? WSYL is a joke and a $ grab.

Says the teams that have no chance of beating express.

OK stop, I agree that express is the best 2025 team, but this has nothing to do with that. You win!

he means no chance of beating the few kids that actually play for Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen man, it’s a nice novelty. It’s cool, I get it. However most people aren’t huddled around ESPN 2, 6pm on July 4th. I can only speak for myself, I enjoy skiing in Colorado. I don’t want to drop 5k going there for a lax tournament on July 4th weekend. I’m more than happy with the 2 or 3, away tournaments we go to. Delaware,Maryland,PA,Massachusetts,etc. Plus the 5 local tournaments. Plus the Box tournaments. Plus 3 or 4 scrimmages. Plus his town team plays a few tournaments. There comes a point in life, when enough is enough. That’s my opinion anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So here is the question: All teams are trying to qualify because they feel it will give their program credibility and the ability to increase their "Tuition" next year If your sons' team does qualify (because who doesn't at this point?) what do you do? Im inclined to take a real vacation that week. Not board a plane to see the same teams I can see in CT, NY or NJ.

Most teams go to qualifying tournaments, because there is good competition there. And they would like to qualify. But plenty of teams have no intention of going even if they do qualify.
For myself, I don't think it's worth the money.
But the teams that want to go and gave no issue spending that money. Well I have no problem with that either. I don't understand why anyone has to have an issue with those that choose to go.
Honestly I feel the same about the e Warrior games. I think it's just a moneymaker for those who run it. I wouldn't pay it. But I know plenty who have. And that's their decision. And why should I care if they choose to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOur son's team qualifies: Are you going? Y or N?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Answer is Yes, not looking to hurt my son. If my son’s team doesn’t go, question will I be happy. That answer is yes as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team that qualifies will go. No program is going to turn it down. How do you tell the team you're not going? Everybody who says they won't go on here is from a team that's not trying to qualify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team went this year and we're not from LI. AMA.

tl;dr.. It's one year. It was worth it for "our team" bec we've been looking forward to it for 2 years and held our own against the best age-based competition.

Other: The boys had a good time being together in a vacation setting (we went to Vail, whitewater rafting, rockies baseball game, Bird Scooters all over downtown Denver, team dinners, hanging out in hotel where everyone stayed in, met players from across the country) and ofcourse lax.. it was world-class, model for how to run tournaments. Summed up in one word.. memories. All of this ofcourse will not matter if you feel it's unaffortable or not worth the price, which is totally understandable.

PS.. if you do go and play one of the nations team (such as Iriqois), treat them with respect and not run up the score if you can help it.. they're there as a symbol .. ambassadors for the game. It's one of the things that we would take back if we could.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went to WSYL a few years ago, my son’s team loved it. Awesome experience. Fortunately the money was no problem for me. There were others on our team, who it was a problem for. I understand, this is a lot of money on top of tuition and all the other lacrosse stuff. Families have a few kids and they do club sports as well, I totally understand if teams decide not to go. If a team goes, no parent wants to hurt their kid or the team, so it puts a lot of people in an uncomfortable situation. There were team dinners and some parents didn’t want to go because the dinner would be 200 bucks, airline tickets,hotels. Families do payments and budgeting to allow their kids to play club lacrosse. That 5k in July for many people is not readily available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go if you luv p o t

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go if you luv p o t

this. this too. must account for this in your budget.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team that qualifies will go. No program is going to turn it down. How do you tell the team you're not going? Everybody who says they won't go on here is from a team that's not trying to qualify.

Another know it all. Sorry but you are wrong. There are teams that go to qualifiers with no intention even if they make it of going to Denver in the end. We are not all sold on Denver being worth the money. But if you are have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple: "Little Johnny will not attend". Most parents have figured out that Denver is a $ grab. And the ones that havent figured it out, we all know who they are. You see them on them on the sidelines at every tourney sideline coaching, screaming at refs, acting like aholes..... LI LACROSSE WORLD: WAKE UP! YOU ARE GETTING PLAYED. And the $ your spending on travel lax so your rockstar can get a a scholarship will even out. Save a portion of future college tuition but spend double that the previous 10 yrs on cost travel lax. Ask the bursar at the college that your kid attends if a Denver t shirt qualifies them for a tuition discount. Im shakining my head just laughing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is like every other travel sport, a lot of money gets spent. Why is it anybody’s business? We get it, it’s a money grab, we are wasting money, etc etc. Thanks for the info, we will take it under advisement. And most of us will pull our kids ASAP from club because it should be free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get off the WSYL Money Grab
Rank top 10 teams going into fall
Also any Positive comments about clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's not. you're a nut job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
True Blue
Force
rebels
Igloo
S2S
Rebels
Legacy
Regulators

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Express
2) Everybody Else
3) Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
True Blue
Force
rebels
Igloo
S2S
Rebels
Legacy
Regulators

That's funny. True Blue and igloo too high.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all the same. Express outclasses everyone. 91 a distant second. The next batch? Igloo? really? You see that Clown show last season? PAL teams were teeing off on them. And they have gotten even worse from what I hear from other parents. I'll go out on limb and say Rebels (unless their coaching staff is completely clueless, which may be the case) and Regulators will be competitive. Tru Blue? Seriously? Other than watching the one parent make a total dope of himself they have nothing to offer.. thats not a knock on the kids but it is just the way it is. Now lets get this board heated up as I have nothing to do at work......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such thing as a top 10 club lax list. Opinions are like Meanyh0le$ Everyone has one, and they usually stink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These must all be your first kids in travel ... Good Luck i hope it all works out for your sons in 5 years .... LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express wins most games. Hands down. Just don’t use the term outclass. When 14 out of 32 kids actually play(when it matters), that is the complete opposite of class. There are 18 kids, 18 sets of parents, who actually travel and pay to watch their kids at tournaments, do ground ball drills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good point. But shame on the parents that put their kids in that position. And it isnt so much that Express has the 14 best players out there. I have seen 14 better kids on other teams. But they DO KNOW HOW TO COACH those kids which is something most of these other teams are lacking. Rip Exp if you want but they get the most out of those kids while other coaches alienate and actually make their own players/teams worse.. Everyone reading this knows this, And hopefully some of those coaches that claim they arent on this site are reading this also. Stop badmouthing other programs and clean up your own house first. Or resign

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams signed up for the Qualifier so far :

CT Wolves
Express
2Way
Express North
Predators
PrimeTime
Rebels
Eclipse
LI R U S H
True Blue
S2S
Sweetlax
Igloo
Regulators

Who SHOULD qualify?
Who are your sleeper teams?
Who is the biggest “with they have no chance” team?

Excluding the price of a trip to Denver, this should be a great tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams signed up for the Qualifier so far :

CT Wolves
Express
2Way
Express North
Predators
PrimeTime
Rebels
Eclipse
LI R U S H
True Blue
S2S
Sweetlax
Igloo
Regulators

Who SHOULD qualify?
Who are your sleeper teams?
Who is the biggest “with they have no chance” team?

Excluding the price of a trip to Denver, this should be a great tournament

How many qualify depends on the other regions. Teams have been dropping fast from other regions so who knows.

Maybe Igloo.

True Blue, Rebels, rebels and S2S no chance, Regulators who knows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
True Blue
Force
rebels
Igloo
S2S
Rebels
Legacy
Regulators

Hahaha!
Any person that ranks True Blue 3rd is either a True Blue coach or has a really distorted view of what a good lacrosse team looks like

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wait until after the first fall tournament to start ranking any team. Kids grow and get bigger and faster every year, you get two or three kids on a team that got taller and faster from the previous year and it can change the dynamics of a team. What was average a year ago could be competitive this year. The teams Kool Aid hasn't even been mixed yet and we want to start with ranking them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express
True Blue
Force
rebels
Igloo
S2S
Rebels
Legacy
Regulators

7 of 10 teams listed in Blatant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how are you able to see what teams are signed up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw on League Apps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it still up there on league apps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if their checks clear they all have a chance. The qualifiers are good but everything that follows them is sewage. Shame on the clubs for buying this garbage and then reselling it to parents who "want to believe". Just give the Warp minis out at the qualifiers and call it a day. My kid has enough helmets as it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES? They are all the same minus Exp and 91. If your asking based on what we have seen in the past? I would say Igloo is the biggest joke listed and melted years ago. No clue why Untrue Blue is even listed and Rebels are still new so they offer a false hope to starved parents. Legacy is a ghost of years gone by. The Golden Geese laid a brown egg. S2S sounds like a toilet bowl cleaner and their play suggests the same. CSH ROAR, I mean Regulators.....clock probably struck midnight last season. As for Force, who knows? They practice 1x per month and will probably beat all the above. Any other questions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rebels will dominate .... Best coaches around and are very deep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominate? I doubt that. Heard they had an influx of talent but also heard the coaches leave a lot to be desired. "Improved" is a better word. Think of it like having a 6 speed car but you cant drive stick. You may as well walk.

Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard