Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292588
09/17/19 06:08 PM
09/17/19 06:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292589
09/17/19 06:18 PM
09/17/19 06:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.

You are obsessed. A team didn’t play in a lost bracket. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! Nobody gives a LaxinItUp! Move on!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292629
09/18/19 10:24 AM
09/18/19 10:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are obsessed. A team didn’t play in a lost bracket. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! Nobody gives a LaxinItUp! Move on!

No, you move on....Think about the families that paid to stay in hotels and to fly on the more expensive Sunday returns only to show up on Sunday morning and there is no one to play. There is just being decent and teaching your kids sportsmanship. In the end I guess it shows that they are just a bunch of bullies, that when they go sucker punched went home to cry with their Mommy.
You can scream HB all you want they will not be winning any of the big tournaments withe the top Mid Atlantic teams in the them anymore, those days are done, so get use to it.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292655
09/18/19 02:22 PM
09/18/19 02:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

You’re wrong. LI guy insults Madlax repeatedly. But as the worst offenders in the lacrosse underworld of holdbacks, double holdbacks and guest holdbacks, I have absolutely no problem with those insults. All deserved as far as I’m concerned.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292711
09/19/19 12:00 PM
09/19/19 12:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My money is on WP. To tell the truth, I’m not impressed at all with the ML team. My sons Express team played ML this summer and lost 4 - 2. If not for a couple of questionable calls and no calls, Express wins that game. Can’t say the same for games against WP. No comparison between ML and WP in my opinion. WP is more skilled at every position. Fun to watch.

As much as I detest to, I am in agreement. My son plays on the Hawks. We played Madlax in Delaware. Lost 7-5 but game could have gone either way. Our game against 91 this year was very different. Really wasn’t close. Definitely a top finesse team.

Hawks dad, if you're referring to NAL Summer tourney in Newcastle DE, my son's team was there and I watched your game vs ML. It was a good game to watch. ML's new face off mid may be the best player in the tournament. Fast, big strong aggressive athlete, and he was the difference maker in that game. However, the ML 6'2 200+lbs middle with DC Dog helmet was not there. If he were, I can assure you it will not be that close. Don't get me wrong, this is not to suggest Hawks are not a top team.

I agree with you about WP, they bring diff style of play simply bec they are not as big overall compared to your team or ML. They're success is predicated on their FO Mid and other mid (#3 i think?), and they move the ball like a HS team from LI. If you can't slow down those 2 players, they are tough to beat. I would like to see the FO Mids from ML and WP go against each other. I think those 2 are MVPs of their teams. I hope a game with WP vs ML happens this upcoming season and if it does, post it here so we can come and watch.

I forgot to add my prediction if they ever play (full strength).. ML 9 - WP 7

What does “full strength” mean? ML uses players from the 2023 DC Dogs team. All the kids know it. Using players from other teams, not to mention, a grade above, is “full strength”? That’s just cheating. The ML team that went to Delaware is their team and quite honestly it’s very beatable. Against the real ML team, I think 91 wins decisively.

Full strength*:
WP = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present.
ML = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present PLUS the two DC Dogs players (both middies. one of them mentioned above).

Are you serious? You include players from a different team?? And a grade higher?? Wow. You must be from Madlax with a justification like that. Just say it. If Madlax cheats, you like their chances. That’s BS. The team is completely dependent upon one player, unless it invites older players that aren’t on the team. Straight-up, Hawks vs the legit Madlax team, is a toss up.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292712
09/19/19 12:15 PM
09/19/19 12:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292713
09/19/19 12:36 PM
09/19/19 12:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to my neighbor's kid's cousin's friend's brother's teacher's son, the DC Dog player in question is on another team and may not even play in this game if they did meet up.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292718
09/19/19 01:36 PM
09/19/19 01:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292739
09/19/19 10:04 PM
09/19/19 10:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

When was the last time they (Hawks) beat 91 MD? 3rd grade I think.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292777
09/20/19 03:05 PM
09/20/19 03:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams are going to Battle on the Bay?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292781
09/20/19 04:21 PM
09/20/19 04:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292792
09/20/19 07:02 PM
09/20/19 07:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

How many 2023’s does Madlax have? I heard as many as three.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292809
09/21/19 07:58 PM
09/21/19 07:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three are confirmed. Could me more.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292813
09/21/19 10:35 PM
09/21/19 10:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets see if I do, Hawks cant beat 91 ever and Hawks can't beat Madlax unless they are missing players. Got it Now !

Reply Quote
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification