Rosters Spot Available w/ the LI Outlaws + Legacy Lacrosse Boys & Girls Teams -> Check the Forums/Tryouts Section for More Info!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:08 PM
Boys 2028-4th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:53 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:31 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:12 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 08:50 PM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 08:10 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:44 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,811
Posts256,959
Members2,139
Most Online6,944
Oct 16th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292635
09/18/19 12:00 PM
09/18/19 12:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another fact... The Powell brothers didn't grow up in a hotbed, playing alongside some of the best kids in Long Island or MD at the time. They picked up the game in late Elementary School and played in a tiny town in upstate NY. Club lacrosse didn't exist anywhere at the time, but there were certainly better organized rec leagues in Long Island and MD. They overcame this "disadvantage" through love of the game, passion, and commitment to practice when no one was looking. They were also insanely athletic and talented. Let your kid enjoy the ride on whatever team he plays for, chances are, he isn't destined for the Major Leagues. Keep perspective and have fun, it's over before you blink.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292638
09/18/19 12:30 PM
09/18/19 12:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing! Positive messages being posted!

Playing College Lacrosse isn't everybody's goal.
Playing professional lacrosse is certainly nobody's goal (let's call a spade a spade, womens professional beach volleyball gets more TV revenue than MLL/PLL/NLL combined and pulls bigger crowds to the venue).

There is a very short window of time we all get to play this game. Enjoy it.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292639
09/18/19 12:32 PM
09/18/19 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another fact... The Powell brothers didn't grow up in a hotbed, playing alongside some of the best kids in Long Island or MD at the time. They picked up the game in late Elementary School and played in a tiny town in upstate NY. Club lacrosse didn't exist anywhere at the time, but there were certainly better organized rec leagues in Long Island and MD. They overcame this "disadvantage" through love of the game, passion, and commitment to practice when no one was looking. They were also insanely athletic and talented. Let your kid enjoy the ride on whatever team he plays for, chances are, he isn't destined for the Major Leagues. Keep perspective and have fun, it's over before you blink.

You lost me at Upstate New York not being a hotbed in the 80's / 90's.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292645
09/18/19 01:48 PM
09/18/19 01:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

It is easy to rise to the top with you look like the CH Middie. He is a superior athlete. Most lacrosse players are 5-8 to 6-0. Most real Blue Chip athletes play football, baseball, BB, hockey, the money sports. That extra year does wonders when your competition is the same size and a year younger in lax. It stinks but holding back works for most players under 6 ft going against other players same size.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292647
09/18/19 01:55 PM
09/18/19 01:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I wanted my kid to have fun I would take him to the circus

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292651
09/18/19 02:15 PM
09/18/19 02:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Carthage, NY is very different from West Genessee, Syracuse, etc. For sure in 1985ish with respect to youth lacrosse.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292652
09/18/19 02:16 PM
09/18/19 02:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I wanted my kid to have fun I would take him to the circus

What a timely reference. My favorite show is Murder She Wrote, but I don't go telling everyone that.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292653
09/18/19 02:18 PM
09/18/19 02:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid finds the circus fun at this age, then you have bigger problems altogether. Lacrosse isn't one of them.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292656
09/18/19 02:41 PM
09/18/19 02:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid finds the circus fun at this age, then you have bigger problems altogether. Lacrosse isn't one of them.

👆🏻

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292662
09/18/19 03:58 PM
09/18/19 03:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆🏻

Then I guess I have bigger problems that my 10 year old enjoys the circus. Makes sense.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292664
09/18/19 04:32 PM
09/18/19 04:32 PM
C
cltlax Online content
Back of THE CAGE
cltlax  Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

👆🏻

Then I guess I have bigger problems that my 10 year old enjoys the circus. Makes sense.

I enjoy the circus and I'm a lot older than 10.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292667
09/18/19 04:59 PM
09/18/19 04:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A wise sage once said "just HIT THE WALL" and all of life's problems are solved...

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292668
09/18/19 05:17 PM
09/18/19 05:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆🏻

Yes, that his dad (you, aka Lamar Ball), when suggested he let his kid simply enjoy lacrosse, and enjoy the ride yourself, you instead suggest a circus if you want him to have fun. You don't want your kid to have fun in lacrosse? Are you looking for some sort of ROI? Running a P&L on your kid? Your kid can be the first Lax player to sign with BBB. Way to go Dad!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292676
09/18/19 07:21 PM
09/18/19 07:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Carthage wasn’t in 1985 for sure.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292679
09/18/19 09:18 PM
09/18/19 09:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

It is easy to rise to the top with you look like the CH Middie. He is a superior athlete. Most lacrosse players are 5-8 to 6-0. Most real Blue Chip athletes play football, baseball, BB, hockey, the money sports. That extra year does wonders when your competition is the same size and a year younger in lax. It stinks but holding back works for most players under 6 ft going against other players same size.

He's not successful simply being a superior athlete, he still has to work. The point is, irregardless of where he played when he was 10, in time, he developed into what he was meant to be. Let things happen, and what will be, will be. Most real blue chip athletes play football, baseball, and basketball because lacrosse and hockey aren't played nationwide. Lacrosse and Hockey are confined to certain areas, however, both are growing. Lacrosse is an incredible game, no matter what level you achieve, high school, D1, D3, club, etc. Great people involved, and ask the elite they're advice..... Enjoy the game and let your kid be a kid.

Reply Quote
Page 27 of 42 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 41 42
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification