BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hand Down the worst group of parents I have ever witnessed at a youth sporting event; Team 91 2026 by a mile!!

Are you serious? I havent seen this from 91 parents at this age group. Lots of good people and we've played them multiple times

That's exactly what 91 parent would say. Nice try. Next

Or a new parent with no clue.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hand Down the worst group of parents I have ever witnessed at a youth sporting event; Team 91 2026 by a mile!!

We get it, your son got cut from 91 and you blame the parents ? Coaches cut him , not the parents. Now..HIT THE WALL ! Maybe next year you can make Team 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? I havent seen this from 91 parents at this age group. Lots of good people and we've played them multiple times

Classic class of an obsessive parent bitter about his son getting cut from Team 91. It is easier for him to blame team/parents/players than look inward. That might hurt !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classic class of an obsessive parent bitter about his son getting cut from Team 91. It is easier for him to blame team/parents/players than look inward. That might hurt !

My son plays for another club at the 2025 level and I have to say the 91/hawks game last year was a complete sideshow on the part of the 91 parents. The number of parents screaming at their kids and blaming the officials was pretty embarrassing to watch; one guy in particular who son was playing attack was practically coaching him from the sidelines to the point that his son was looking over at him to get direction and not the HC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, they will miss out on the chance to line their bags up straight and then lose to everyone else on the field

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters of 91.... don’t detest on parents just because our kids make yours look silly on the field. It’s ok your kid didn’t make the team. He’s doing great at Crabs!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I promise u all, 91 is the team to beat. We will roll all you fools!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stick to rolling your dooby, dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 420 ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stud left attack dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, they will miss out on the chance to line their bags up straight and then lose to everyone else on the field

Ouch ! Thats gotta hurt !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ouch ! Thats gotta hurt !

They could have just said you were a bunch of losers and couldn't win a thing last year or even make the championship in HOCO. But you did have nice bag work while taking all those nasty L's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember the days when BOTC would censor Team 91’s name. I miss those days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading these comments is flat out depressing. I can only image the heck the kids are put through by these maniacs. My guess is that the kids don't take any enjoyment out of playing the game. I'm sure these posters never strapped up and stepped on the field to play. 100% guarantee. If you did, you would have a different perspective on the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading these comments is flat out depressing. I can only image the heck the kids are put through by these maniacs. My guess is that the kids don't take any enjoyment out of playing the game. I'm sure these posters never strapped up and stepped on the field to play. 100% guarantee. If you did, you would have a different perspective on the game.

Sorry your kid got cut. Have him HIT THE WALL and try again next August. Plenty of rec teams out there to catch on with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I played at all levels and I would like to agree with you I really would. However in the MD lacrosse scene former players are the biggest maniacs out there. I would submit the Madlax guy and MM of 91 as exhibits A&B to this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid got cut. Have him HIT THE WALL and try again next August. Plenty of rec teams out there to catch on with.

A completely predictible response. Is anybody else envisioning a pimply teenager sipping a mountain dew smashing his fingers into a keyboard to get out that thoughless response? As for the other actually thoughtful response, I never considered that as I'm not native MD. I guess that is what you get in a hotbed. O'DOYLE RULES!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A completely predictible response. Is anybody else envisioning a pimply teenager sipping a mountain dew smashing his fingers into a keyboard to get out that thoughless response? As for the other actually thoughtful response, I never considered that as I'm not native MD. I guess that is what you get in a hotbed. O'DOYLE RULES!!!

Do you need the number for some rec teams? You sound angry. Go outside, HIT THE WALL and come back in refreshed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you need the number for some rec teams? You sound angry. Go outside, HIT THE WALL and come back in refreshed

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

That still won't get your cut son on a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Grief man. Quit your crying and Hit The Wall ! Couple Rec programs still have spots open in their Little Scooper program for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I played at all levels and I would like to agree with you I really would. However in the MD lacrosse scene former players are the biggest maniacs out there. I would submit the Madlax guy and MM of 91 as exhibits A&B to this point.

Both of you fellows should get together and HUG IT OUT !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

I'll have you know my son is very much UNCUT...we are european!!! How American of you to assume! Deep country Maryland I bet. I smell a confederate flag and dueling banjo's for sure. It makes sense now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Reading these comments is flat out depressing. I can only image the heck the kids are put through by these maniacs. My guess is that the kids don't take any enjoyment out of playing the game. I'm sure these posters never strapped up and stepped on the field to play. 100% guarantee. If you did, you would have a different perspective on the game.

O'DOYLE RULES!!!

I'll have you know my son is very much UNCUT...we are european!!! How American of you to assume! Deep country Maryland I bet. I smell a confederate flag and dueling banjo's for sure. It makes sense now.

Sounds like something someone with a kid who didn't make a team would say. Practice, practice practice and a little wall ball he'll bounce back next year and make a team. Good luck in rec this spring. Bring him out to some club games so he can see what he needs to do to make one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is funny. Now we are at European vs American. This site just keeps getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. I was attempting some humor there. At least an attempt at something a little more interesting than the normal visceral keyboard smashing and repetitive "your kid must have been cut, hit the wall" replys. Clearly there are some knuckledraggers on here who didn't recognize it for what it was.

My son is a holdback. He made the team. He makes all the teams. He also scores really well on all his tests in school. Mainly because he's a hold back. Decided to give him that advantage both academically and athletically. I also send him to a private school. Better teachers. Just giving him all the advantages that I can. Loving it. Really nothing you can do about it except complain to a deaf ear. Love that too. I'm smiling over here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. I was attempting some humor there. At least an attempt at something a little more interesting than the normal visceral keyboard smashing and repetitive "your kid must have been cut, hit the wall" replys. Clearly there are some knuckledraggers on here who didn't recognize it for what it was.

My son is a holdback. He made the team. He makes all the teams. He also scores really well on all his tests in school. Mainly because he's a hold back. Decided to give him that advantage both academically and athletically. I also send him to a private school. Better teachers. Just giving him all the advantages that I can. Loving it. Really nothing you can do about it except complain to a deaf ear. Love that too. I'm smiling over here.

Yep. You fit right in. Have a good season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

Couldn't agree more with this post. I mean this is 100% spot on.

Let the kids enjoy youth lacrosse and really get a passion for the sport. That passion is what will drive them to hit the wall when nobody is looking (Not Lavar Ball yelling in his ear that he better hit that wall). .

For now, the kids can learn sportsmanship, teamwork, and life lessons while making *gasp* friends on whatever team they are playing on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another fact... The Powell brothers didn't grow up in a hotbed, playing alongside some of the best kids in Long Island or MD at the time. They picked up the game in late Elementary School and played in a tiny town in upstate NY. Club lacrosse didn't exist anywhere at the time, but there were certainly better organized rec leagues in Long Island and MD. They overcame this "disadvantage" through love of the game, passion, and commitment to practice when no one was looking. They were also insanely athletic and talented. Let your kid enjoy the ride on whatever team he plays for, chances are, he isn't destined for the Major Leagues. Keep perspective and have fun, it's over before you blink.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing! Positive messages being posted!

Playing College Lacrosse isn't everybody's goal.
Playing professional lacrosse is certainly nobody's goal (let's call a spade a spade, womens professional beach volleyball gets more TV revenue than MLL/PLL/NLL combined and pulls bigger crowds to the venue).

There is a very short window of time we all get to play this game. Enjoy it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another fact... The Powell brothers didn't grow up in a hotbed, playing alongside some of the best kids in Long Island or MD at the time. They picked up the game in late Elementary School and played in a tiny town in upstate NY. Club lacrosse didn't exist anywhere at the time, but there were certainly better organized rec leagues in Long Island and MD. They overcame this "disadvantage" through love of the game, passion, and commitment to practice when no one was looking. They were also insanely athletic and talented. Let your kid enjoy the ride on whatever team he plays for, chances are, he isn't destined for the Major Leagues. Keep perspective and have fun, it's over before you blink.

You lost me at Upstate New York not being a hotbed in the 80's / 90's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is easy to rise to the top with you look like the CH Middie. He is a superior athlete. Most lacrosse players are 5-8 to 6-0. Most real Blue Chip athletes play football, baseball, BB, hockey, the money sports. That extra year does wonders when your competition is the same size and a year younger in lax. It stinks but holding back works for most players under 6 ft going against other players same size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I wanted my kid to have fun I would take him to the circus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Carthage, NY is very different from West Genessee, Syracuse, etc. For sure in 1985ish with respect to youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I wanted my kid to have fun I would take him to the circus

What a timely reference. My favorite show is Murder She Wrote, but I don't go telling everyone that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid finds the circus fun at this age, then you have bigger problems altogether. Lacrosse isn't one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid finds the circus fun at this age, then you have bigger problems altogether. Lacrosse isn't one of them.

👆🏻

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆🏻

Then I guess I have bigger problems that my 10 year old enjoys the circus. Makes sense.

Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard